Author Topic: Foods to Eat While Fighting Candida  (Read 147449 times)

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
Re: Foods to Eat While Fighting Candida
« Reply #180 on: January 20, 2009, 04:52:50 PM »
How bad would it be for someone trying to fight candida to have RAW Organic Cows milk?? Would it REALLY sabbatoge the whole cleanse? Or would it just slow it a tiny bit? ???

My daughter and I consumed it and it didn't seem to affect us at all.
Thats awesome to hear! We JUST found an AWESOME source of RAW milk, and I just DON'T wanna pass it by! Obviously if it does affect us, we'll have to stop... but we'll see! Thanks!
Raw cows milk might not sabotage a candida cleanse, but if it is an allergen that is the root problem you might not see the progress you would like.

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #181 on: January 21, 2009, 09:52:56 AM »
Also lactose will feed candida.  I would think it would be better consumed as a cultured drink like yogurt or kefir.  At least then, you are adding more probiotics to fight the yeast.  Of course at my house, I try to keep things in perspective.   I always say some raw milk (or in my case coconut milk since I'm allergic to cow milk) with fruit is better than m&m's and candy.  ;D

Jammie
Mrs. P

Offline its_me518

• Adept
  • Check out GenuineAid.com for Natural Health info.
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #182 on: January 21, 2009, 10:17:48 AM »
I agree with both of you. We are planning to basically go on a salad diet for about 2 weeks. If I am seeing ANY doubt about the milk, we will stop!
http://www.GenuineAid.com is the Natural Health Blog for Nutrients and Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Berries, Nuts, Meats, Dairy, Herbs, and other Foods.

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #183 on: January 25, 2009, 04:36:29 PM »
Here's a recipe I tried from www.wholeapproach.com...

Creamy Broccoli Soup
1/2 bag broccoli
1/2 bag cauliflower
1-2 quarts of turkey bone broth
1 leek chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 rib celery, chopped
1 sprig rosemary, chopped fine
1/2 tsp. thyme
salt and pepper to taste (I used almost 1 T. Pepperman seasoning by Frontier Herbs)

Saute leek, garlic, and celery.  Add broth and other ingredients.  Cook until tender.  I simmer for at least 30 minutes to let the seasonings blend with the veggies.  Then take 3-4 cups of soup and blend until smooth in a blender. It looks like jarred baby food, but tastes delicious!

Jammie
Mrs. P

Offline carolina girl

• Adept
« Reply #184 on: January 26, 2009, 07:39:01 AM »
I made some black bean soup a few months ago and put it in the freezer and thought it would be perfect for my candida diet that I have been on for 2 1/2 weeks.  Only to realize that i had put 2 T red wine vinegar into a 6 qt CP full of soup.  How much damage did I do today be eating a bowl full of this?  How far is this going to set me back?  What can I do now to remedy this?  Also, how long should I continue this and in what order should I start incorporating other healthy foods?, how often, etc?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline freshisbest

• Adept
« Reply #185 on: January 26, 2009, 10:06:34 AM »
Here's a recipe I received from a friend today:
CANDIDA FIGHTING SALAD
Mixed Greens Salad: topped with grape fruit, feta, and fennel. Drizzled with thyme and
cardamom infused oil.

4 cups mixed greens.
1 medium grapefruit.
ΒΌ C feta cheese. crumbled
1 fennel bulb. Quarted
or
1 avocado cubed
salt and pepper to taste
1 T olive oil

4T olive oil
1/3 C thyme leaves
2 tsp cardamom. More to taste

Brush olive oil onto fennel. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Roast on a small baking sheet at 325 until edges are slighty brown.
Blanch thyme leaves. Blend thyme, olive oil, and cardamom in a vitamix.
Combine all salad components except feta. Toss in a large bowl. Divide. Add feta. Drizzle with thyme oil.

Offline carolina girl

• Adept
« Reply #186 on: January 27, 2009, 08:30:51 AM »
Today, I made "pasta salad"

Cooked spaghetti squash

chopped broccolli, bell pepper, avocado, zucchinni

mixed together with Annie's green garlic dressing and a little salt - it was quite tasty!

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #187 on: January 27, 2009, 10:06:41 AM »
I've eaten tons of zucchini saute with garlic and sea salt.  I recently saw this recipe and want to try it. 

For 2 servings

2 large zucchini
600g good quality minced beef
2 small onions, thinly chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
fresh rosemary, fresh thyme
salt to taste
extra virgin olive oil

In a frying pan or a wok, stir fry the onion with the garlic in a little olive oil.
Add the minced beef and keep stirring well so that neither the onions nor the meat burn (but get thoroughly cooked).
Reduce the heat.

Meanwhile, cut open the zucchini in half lengthwise and delicately empty them with a spoon, making sure you keep about 1/2 inch flesh on the skin. You now have four zucchini "shells".
Thinly slice the zucchini flesh you have just been taking out and add it to the stir fry.
Add some salt and some fresh rosemary and thyme (or any herb you may fancy).

Pre-heat the oven to 350F.

Once the meat and zucchini are thoroughly cooked, remove from the heat and stuff the mixture in the zucchini shells.

Place them in an ovenproof dich and bake for 45 minutes.

Eat immediately.
Mrs. P

Offline WI Cheesehead

• Adept
« Reply #188 on: April 09, 2009, 02:26:58 AM »
I am reading the Candida Control Diet Cookbook and they say veg. glycerin is okay for a sweetener.  Has anyone heard that?  Also, what about unsweetened applesauce (maybe if I made it from granny smith?), lunch meat (I'm stumped as to what to make for my kids lunches for school.  They are pretty picky too), tapioca flour, fresh Parmesan cheese (one book said a little Swiss or mozzarella is ok).  A book said ACV is okay bcz it's supposed to fight the yeast?  I've been reading so much and I'm so discouraged.  My DD hates eggs, except for egg salad.  She can't eat that every day for a month.  Plus, I have to make my own mayo, and when I've made it with oilive oil, we didn't like it.  I'm going to try the recipe in NT, but don't have an attach. to add oil drop by drop.  I have tried a recipe using my immersion blender that came out pretty well (at least in consistency).  Would that work?  Also, do you HAVE to use extra virgin?  What about regular?  I have the stuff that doesn't taste like coconut.  Here's the mayo recipe (I would just be following the technique): http://www.recipezaar.com/Michelles-French-Mayonnaise-in-a-Flash-207690  Thanks.  I might have a bunch more in questions that I can't think of right now.  I'm reading several books, including NT and candida or wheatfree cookbooks.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #189 on: April 09, 2009, 03:03:02 AM »
I am reading the Candida Control Diet Cookbook and they say veg. glycerin is okay for a sweetener.  Has anyone heard that? 

That is weird, considering it comes from corn, which is eliminated on a yeast diet.  But every book has its own opinion.  It's hard to keep up sometimes.  ;)

Offline WI Cheesehead

• Adept
« Reply #190 on: April 10, 2009, 04:14:52 PM »
The glycerin can be made from corn or from coconut.  I just called the Soapmakers to find out where theirs is made, but didn't get ahold of anyone. 

I just tried making a homemade flour tortilla with 1/2 millet flour and 1/2 spelt (my recipe usu. uses all spelt).  It turned out really soft (the dough) and hard to pick up once rolled out.  Then I put it in the skillet and it turned out more like flatbread!  Couldn't bend these - they'd fall apart.  Did anyone experiment with the allowable grains to get a decent tortilla?

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #191 on: September 27, 2009, 06:42:39 AM »
i found this recipe for a wrap, on wholeapproach.com

http://wholeapproachforums.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9356011311/m/1361075434

also, i got a case of this stuff from our friend who works at wildwood.  it's good and allergen free, except soy.  it won't let me cut and paste the ingredients but you can look at them on the page.

http://www.pulmuonewildwood.com/dipsauce.asp

a great replacement for mayo for the egg allergic and can be used as a dressing, etc.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2010, 03:22:37 PM »
well, everywhere I look says something different. Maybe I'm doing this whole "cleanse" wrong and not actually helping myself a bit (which would be a real bummer!) BUT I've been eating homemade yogurt made w/ Bio-k. Sometimes I add some Frontiers ranch dressing mix to make a salad dressing for my salads I eat or to dip my broccoli in. I'm eating blender pancakes w/ coconut oil and cinnamon for breakfast (Made w/ millet/brown rice/buckwheat/oatmeal, coconut oil, yogurt, eggs, salt, baking soda and some vanilla) I use these as "bread" for sandwhiches with some almond butter for lunch/snack. I've been doing lots of quinoa. Quinoa w/ butter and some salt, garlic, etc w/ some steamed broccoli, sometimes I add some homemade tomatoe sauce YUM! I've also been eating some organic corn chips w/ homemade salsa and hummus. I've been eating homemade tomatoe sauce w/ organic ground beef. Chicken slices in my salads. homemade refried beans in fried w/ coconut oil organic corn tortillas, advocados smashed, lots of advocados. Smoothies made w/ ygourt and blueberries, whey powder  and colostrum. I'm also taking caprylic acid, eating several raw cloves of garlic a day. enzymes, garlic tabs, NO coffee :( I did have two cups over the course of the last 2 1/2 weeks that was organic and water process decaffinated.  Shouldn't I be seeing some results by now or is the fact that I'm eating whole grains (not counting carbs, just not doing simple carbs/refined sugars, fruits, etc) messing everything up??? Hmmm...anyways. I love the blender pancake idea (assuming its allowed) for "Bread" easy to have on hand snacks. You can freeze and toast whenever..

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #193 on: April 09, 2010, 04:35:07 PM »
virtually no carbs, sugar or starch and very yummy.

http://healthybratt.blogspot.com/2010/03/groovy-green-beans.html

note:  i added chopped cabbage with the onions and it's wonderful.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Vegan Candida Diet

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #194 on: February 03, 2011, 06:42:04 PM »
Hello fellow Candida battlers. I've just read through these suggestions - thanks to everyone for the ideas! I am a vegan trying out this diet and cleansing method to see if it will help with my eczema. So far it seems to be working, but my eczema has always been annoyingly cyclical so as soon as you think it's finally gone away, that's when it sneaks right back! I've tried out some interesting recipes in the past couple weeks, but mostly I just prefer to keep it simple and eat as many steamed veggies as I can. Lots of nut butters as well, and plenty of oils (coconut, hempseed, olive). The nut butter is not as satisfying without toast to spread it on, but lately I've become a convert to eating it right out of the jar. I didn't start this diet to lose weight, but I have lost some despite the extremely heightened oil/nut intake. I've been using a lot of quinoa and amaranth in place of rice and oatmeal, and xylitol in place of sugar in my morning tea.

The sugar cravings got really bad for me recently, so I made some cookies with almond flour, xylitol, tahini, coconut oil, melted unsweetened chocolate, baking soda, vanilla, and blueberries. Not the best cookies ever, but they were pretty amazing considering they contained none of the traditional ingredients used for cookies (flour, sugar, butter, egg). Xylitol seems a little too good to be true to me. I keep reading that it's fine to use, but I'm wary. I have heard, of course, that it can act as a laxative if you're not used to it, but haven't had any problems in that department. Just a warning though! As far as cookies go, mine worked well although they are a bit crumbly, as is to be expected without any gluten. Next week I will try making some with avocado.

I am writing an informal blog about my experiences, because I have found the internet to be severely lacking in information for vegans looking into the anti-candida diet. Here's the address for anyone who might be interested: vegancandidadiet.blogspot.com

Offline Ruesae

• Learning
« Reply #195 on: July 13, 2012, 04:36:31 PM »
So, I've read this post at least 37 million times because we're struggling through this veggies, meat and eggs diet for a week. (I know a lot of you have done it longer!) No Fun! Mostly no fun b/c I've been so sick all week. Anyway, while reading the first page of this thread again I noticed that Millet was listed under the list of grains with gluten - but elsewhere I know (at least I think I know) it was listed as one of the 4 ok grains to eat. I'm confused - any suggestions or clarifications out there? ???

Offline Ruesae

• Learning
« Reply #196 on: July 13, 2012, 04:49:54 PM »
Ok so maybe the book listed millet under the wrong heading? This website says it IS gluten-free... http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART03185/Cooking-With-Grains-Millet.html

Offline Ruesae

• Learning
« Reply #197 on: July 13, 2012, 04:56:10 PM »
And me again! Speaking of recipes and things we can eat. Next week we're graduating to the less strict diet including nuts, the 4 acceptable grains, and maybe even some cheese! (woo hoo!) I'm hoping to find some recipes I can convert to acceptable on this site I found on grainless cooking. http://www.againstallgrain.com/

Offline Sewbusy

• Adept
« Reply #198 on: July 13, 2012, 09:02:31 PM »
I just recently read that millet does have gluten but in different amounts. There are several different types of plants that all  can get labeled millet. Also, gluten allergic people can often handle it. I will post the link to the article if I can find it