Author Topic: School of Natural Healing's Protocol for Systemic Yeast Overgrowth and Leaky Gut  (Read 11177 times)

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
My husband and I will be starting this cleanse on the 24th of May. I was so happy to have found out that there was a anti-candida and leaky gut program that actually worked, and QUICKLY! I was so discouraged after attempting a standard anti-candida cleanse that I gave up until I found this. I watched as a master herbalist completed this program and was overjoyed when she said it worked! I started this a couple weeks back, but had miscalculated and had to stop.

This is a 20 day cleanse from start to finish.

You will need:
-At least 8 TBS (1/2 C) each of Pau D' Arco and Black Walnut Hull
-Plant based digestive enzymes. (sounds to me like this is not necessary, but helps prevent nausea)
-350 capsules of Dr. Christopher's Smooth Digestion Formula, (instructions to make your own below) or 1 T Slippery Elm Gruel (herb and water) 5 times a day.
-Pro-biotics and fermented foods

What to do:
During the 20 days of this cleanse do not eat ANY grains, (not even rice) sweeteners, fruit, dairy, alcohol, or vinegars. The stricter you are the better success you will have. Try to eat as little meat as possible, eating raw or lightly steamed veggies during the cleanse. Any meat you do eat should be Organic, naturally fed etc.

For days 1-2 and 17-18:
Simmer 4 TBS of PDA and BWH mixture (50/50) for 20 minutes in 1 quart of water. Strain, and add any water that may have evaporated, or else the taste might be too strong. You can drink this all at once, or throughout the day, whatever you prefer. The taste, while not good, is not bad. If you take these in capsules you will need to take 5-6 capsules of the herb mix at least 4 times a day. Take triple the stated dosage of digestive enzymes.

For the 2 weeks in the middle:
Take 5 capsules of the Smooth Digestion Formula 5 times a day, every day. Or the 1 T Slippery Elm 5 times a day every day. If you cannot take capsules, then you will need to make a gruel (water and herb) out of 1 tsp slippery elm and take that five times a day, and make a tea with 1/2 tsp licorice five times a day and drink that.

*Important note: If you feel that you have a particularly bad case of candida/leaky gut, I would recommend that you increase your dosage of slippery elm/licorice to 1 TBS of the recipe down below every waking hour.

For the very last two days:
 Eat as many pro-biotic rich and fermented foods as possible to repopulate your gut with healthy flora. Take 3 times the recommended amount of Pro-biotics on your bottle. I recommend Tummy Tune-Up from Beeyoutiful. This will keep the candida from repopulating your gut.

After you have completed the 20 days you may return to your normal diet.

It is recommended that for the next 6 months, (6 weeks on, rest 7th week. 6 days on, rest 7th day) you take bowel, blood, gallbladder, kidney and liver cleansers to make sure everything that was killed during this cleanse is cleaned out. The recommended cleansers can be found at www.herbshopconnection.com

Making your own Smooth Digestion Formula:

You will need approximately 14 TBS (just under 1 C) of  powdered Slippery Elm Bark and 9 1/2 TBS powdered licorice root. (not changed in any way just plain, whole licorice) This should make 350 capsules of Smooth Digestion. Buy extra just in case my calculations are off. The percentage needs to be 60% Slippery Elm and 40% Licorice.

Resources:
http://articles.herballegacy.com/
http://www.herballegacy.com/Knuteson_Medicinal.html

Please let me know if you see any inconsistencies like before!

I just received a reply from the lady who finished it. She did 1 T each of Licorice and Slippery Elm Bark every waking hour.

"I wrote to them and asked about the slippery elm/licorice and they said to use the slippery elm/ licorice in combination.  They said to use what was taught in the SNH program and to do what works best for you as an individual.

I will say that I am very glad that I did the 1 TBSP of slippery elm/ licorice every hour bec I feel that my body really needed that healing.  David said that the reason they changed it was bec people couldn't take the combination every hour...that it was inconvenient. "
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 03:52:53 PM by HappyWifey »

Offline Beth

• Adept

What to do:
During the 20 days of this cleanse do not eat ANY grains, (not even rice) sweeteners, fruit, dairy, alcohol, or vinegars. The stricter you are the better success you will have. Try to eat as little meat as possible, eating raw or lightly steamed veggies during the cleanse. Any meat you do eat should be Organic, naturally fed etc.

What do you eat? Veggies? Stupid question but I think I may want to do this for the 20 days at least.
"discontenment is not a product of circumstances; it is the state of the soul." ~ Debi Pearl ~    ...and be content with such things as ye have Hebrews 13:5

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
Veggies, small amounts of meat and eggs, (all natural of course) nuts, and seeds.

Offline wlwest

• Adept
I would like to try this also. 
I have low progesterone, will taking the licorice be OK

« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 03:44:46 PM by wlwest »

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
I would like to try this also. 
I have low progesterone, will taking the licorice be OK
Do you have blood pressure or blood sugar irregularities?

Offline wlwest

• Adept
My blood pressure tends to be low, I think its too low.  I do get dizzy quite often when standing up.  Last time I checked, last week it was 100 over something,( but usually it's 90) I can't remember the bottom number. ::)  I thought I read that licorice has estrogen like properties?  With low progesterone, I don't want to add estrogen.  But I really want to try this, I think this is something I could do, with an end date in site it's not so overwhelming.  And I've been doing gluten and dairy free for the past week, so one more step shouldn't be too hard.   :)

I found this on a website:

5.   Avoid These: Avoid blue cohosh, vitex, saw palmetto berry, lavender, tea tree oil, licorice, hops, rhodiola rose root, black cohosh, dong quai, red clover blossom and motherwort leaf as they all increase levels of estrogen further lowering progesterone.
Ok, but I also found this:
:The medicinal use of licorice root in both Western and Eastern cultures dates back several thousand years. Licorice is particularly useful in treating premenstrual syndrome (PMS). PMS has been attributed to an increase in the estrogen-to-progesterone ratio. Licorice is believed to lower estrogen levels while simultaneously raising progesterone levels.

Licorice Root is a restorative and stimulant for the adrenal glands. It contains cortisone-like elements similar to the adrenal hormones. For menopause, it is thought that the estrogen-like activity of licorice is responsible for many of its beneficial effects, but its effects on progesterone levels may also be important.

CAUTION: Use carefully or not at all (especially in substantial doses) if you have high blood pressure or are taking digitalis-based drugs. Be sure to get plentiful amounts of potassium if taking licorice root.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 01:41:12 AM by wlwest »