Author Topic: Bowel Movement "Aftermath"  (Read 1735 times)

Offline CountyCork

• Master
Bowel Movement "Aftermath"
« on: August 12, 2007, 02:25:41 PM »
Ok this is a weird thing, but I have it and my SIL does, so I'm going to ask the group that has heard almost everything!
When I have a BM, normal, I have a feeling afterwards of feeling "pooped out", shaky, unsteady, strange.  It passes shortly, after some minutes, but it is a strange sensation.  My SIL says she's been dealing with the same phenomenon for many years.
What is it?  Often I feel like I have to go again right away, but nothing happens.  Sometimes I am a bit crampy or acidic feeling during and after the BM. 
I recently started a good probiotic for constipation problems.  That has helped a TON and I go every day now with ease.  My diet is very good, completely natural and lots of fiber, etc.  I am a good water drinker. 
Sometimes I feel this way as a food reaction - usually the wrong kind of dairy, of which I had a little bit today, so it could be an allergic deal.  My SIL does not watch her diet and eats many bad things, so that could be her problem, too.
Any ideas?  Tell me I'm not crazy . . .

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
    • Lexington Slim
Re: Bowel Movement "Aftermath"
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 04:53:42 PM »
If there is any straining involved, you could be constricting some blood vessels that are relaxed after you are relieved. This could cause a drop in pressure (kind of like when you stand up too quickly) that may explain the sensation. Just a guess.
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)
See what works for me at LexingtonSlim.com

Offline lotsaboys

• Master
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 05:36:43 PM »
Just another guess- that an enema might take care of it? Sounds like it might have something to do with toxins. Don't ask me the why's and how's, I'm just thinking... :) ???

Offline CountyCork

• Master
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 06:13:10 AM »
Exactly what I was thinking!  I know I need to do a full cleanse, but I am nursing full time and will be for several more months, so we'll have to wait on that one.  An enema is ok to do though, so I might give it a whirl.
Thank you!

Offline Gigi

• Master
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 09:25:25 AM »
My chiropractor told me that there are nerves that run along the back of your thighs and up your uh . . . buttocks that frequently get "pinched" when sitting on the toilet.  Because of the way the seat is made and your weight is kind of over the "hole" it makes your legs/bottom press funny on the seat, pinching off blood vessels and nerves.  This is even greater for the few minutes of "bearing down" that happen when you are actually going.

Or, it could be that the bowel movement itself, as it is moving toward the exit  ;D , presses the colon area onto one of those nerves, for a few moments while it is "just passing through."

Or, it may not be pressing on/blocking nerves, it could be the pressing on/blocking blood vessels, like SC said.