Author Topic: Essential Fatty Acid (EFA) Daily Intake Log: Schedules & Effects  (Read 25174 times)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Those of us that try this for skin rashes: let's keep the readers posted on:

1) whether it works or not,
2) how long it takes to go from rashy skin to normal skin
3) Any side effects or extra benefits

Rebekah
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 10:26:51 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
Re: Essential Fatty Acid (EFA) Daily Intake Log: Schedules & Effects
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 09:33:38 AM »
I started taking 4 CLO's (180 mg EPA) and 2 Evening Primrose Oil (240 mg GLA) twice daily (360 mg EPA & 480 mg GLA) 4 days ago (missed one dose), after discontinuing a month long stretch of Prednisone/Prenisalone.

I've been blotchy, mildly itchy and my hands are swollen, red, hot and itchy.  I've been trying to avoid any medications, but have taken 4 Zyrtec (10 mg) over the past 4 days when itchiness was severe.  I've not had a full blown hive attack since I went to the ER about a month ago, but I'm sure the effects of the Prednisalone are not completely gone.

I will be switching to the following schedule after reading some more and deciphering the quantities recommended.  I did not want to continue taking 8 CLO's for an extended period of time as to possible complications of too much Vitamin A.  So I've decided on the following schedule starting tomorrow (I will attempt to even out dosages I've already taken this morning 4 CLO's and 2 EPO's as before).  I will attempt to modify it if inflammation (hives) gets out of control.

I'm also hoping that this regimen will help to alleviate inflammation in my herniated disk and injured rotator cuff.  My predictions are that it will aid my physical therapy to speed recovery.

Twice Thrice Daily Dosage

2 NOW Cod Liver Oil (5,000 iu Vit A).....60 mg EPA.......................
3 Beeyoutiful Omega Balance 3.6.9.....108 mg EPA.....120 mg GLA
2 Beeyoutiful Evening Primrose Oil............................240 mg GLA
subtotals.....168 mg EPA.....360 mg GLA
x2     x3
TOTALS.....396 mg EPA..... 720 mg GLA
TOTALS.....504 mg EPA.....1080 mg GLA

07/11/2007

Not much improvement in my skin.  I do not see any patterns; however, I have not done much in the way of regulating my diet according to the Inflammation Index.  I actually have eaten canned Salmon twice in the last two weeks, but it's in the cabinet and wasting food is not my forte.   :-\

I also started paying attention to my eyes/wrinkles as Beka mentioned it earlier, and have not noticed any improvement in this area either; however, I'm very tired (due to use of antihistamines, I would presume) and do intend to start taking my SuperDad's again in a couple of days. I was waiting for esophagus symptoms to subside.  They are not completely gone, but have been less and less.

I hope to review my diet soon and see how I can make improvements in hopes that it will help.

07/16/2007

4 days ago - I upped my dosage on my oils.  I added a third dose for lunch (2 CLOs, 2 EPOs & 3 OB.  Face still looks the same, but prior to this, I was only able to go one full day without an antihistamine.  This last week, I was able to go almost 3 full days before I needed one.  So maybe this is a sign that I am improving.  I also added SuperDads back into the mix.

07/27/2007

After increasing my dosage I've noticed no improvement in my skin condition.  I continue to need an antihistamine every 2 days.  :-\

However, since increasing the dose, I have noticed a huge improvement in my recovery from the protruding disk in my neck and the injury in my rotator cuff.  Physical therapy had plateaued and I was having difficulties making any new progress in spite of my therapists attempts at new procedures, exercises, etc.  Within a week of taking the new higher doses of oils, the traction began having a greater effect.  I am supposed to do my exercises every day (twice a day), but due to the effects of the antihistamines (lethargy, sleepiness & fatigue), I've been very lax at doing them like I'm supposed to (shhhh don't tell my PT), but in spite of my lack of home training, I'm still improving by leaps and bounds only exercising at my appointments and weekly traction.

For what it's worth.  ;D

08/02/2007

I have noticed that if I forget to take my fats, that I need more meds; however, I'm not able to stop the meds entirely, so trudging on.

I have however, been discharged from physical therapy.  I believe the increase in fats has helped to lessen the inflammation in my neck and shoulder and help to speed the healing process.  I still have some tenderness in my rotator cuff and a bit of stiffness on occasion in the neck, but all of the pinching of the nerves is gone.  No more tingling till it hurts.  ;D

08/27/2007

I have reduced my fat supplement intake to 1/3 of what I was taking because they don't seem to be helping my skin at all and I'm gaining weight from all of the extra fat calories.  I will probably continue to take this amount indefinately to keep myself healthy, but I don't forsee attempting larger doses again unless I reinjure my neck, back, etc.

09/12/2007

I feel I need to reassess, so I have stopped all supplements except SuperDad for a time.  I've had no more progress and my skin still requires that I take antihistamines.  I've not been able to make any significant changes in diet for this purpose as the budget is tight, so I just continue to cook from scratch with what I can get and we'll see how it goes.

06/26/2008 

I continue to take my CLO and other fatty acids as budget allows and I have no improvements or changes in my skin condition; however, these fatty acid supplements make a huge difference in my ability to heal from injuries (strained muscles, neck, back, sprained ankle, etc) and I notice more energy (from better vitamin absorption) and less occurrences of seasonal depression (lack of vit D from lack of sunlight).  I am currently taking the recommended doses for maintaining rather than healing inflammation unless I have an injury to deal with.

Something else I've noticed is that I don't seem to sunburn as easily as I used to. :o
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 09:19:39 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

YoopreMama

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 10:09:27 AM »
Good idea to track skin progress--I'm ALL over that!    ;)

1)  I've been on CLO double strength gel tabs for over a week and my skin looks richer and more supple than I can remember.  It's the only "new" thing I've been doing, so the results seem pretty correlated.

2)  I don't even know what normal would be for me any more.   :-\  I guess if I'm not up at night scratching and I have only scars vs. rashes/lesions, well then, I'm getting there for the 1st time since last year.

3) Other results?  Hmm...    :-X :-[ ;)

7/27/2007 Update

In the last week or 2, I've tapered off the CLO gel tabs.  I get maybe 3-6/day (versus 9).  It's mostly b/c I forget and things have improved so much.  I use Vit. E oil as needed, but my skin is really clear.  I have a few patchy dry spots that can flare up w/ gluten (we've traced some to crackers and oat granola processed on wheat lines) or dyes.

I don't seem to be have inflammation troubles, either. 

Update 8/1/07:
I now think that coming down from the CLO is affecting my skin.  I can't really trace my current eruption to gluten, but am wondering if I need to "up" the CLO again.   :(

Update 8/26:
Confirming that tapering off my 3x/day, double strength CLO gel tabs results in itchy, dry skin.  Returning to it brings improvement pretty quickly.  This seems to a consistent pattern.

Update 9/23:
Skin is essentially better than it's been in years.  Almost cleared up.  Switched to a different gel tab of Omega 3s...some Natrol stuff.  Not as high a dose as I was taking w/ the Now double strength gel tabs.  I have added Kentuckymommy's SIL's emu oil lotion and THAT is really helping clear up rashes...and keep dry skin from being scratched.  I continue to avoid gluten...even a bit of malted barley in some Ezekiel Raisin bread bugs me.   >:( :(

Update:  11/14:
Ran out of my Omega-3 gel tabs...skin flared up.  >:(  Picked some up, skin improved.  ;D My enzymes don't seem to be doing much...been on them about a month.  ???

I switched from my double-strength CLO gel tabs to this other stuff b/c I was unsure about the dose permissible while PG.  Anyone know?  I think it was the Vitamin A I was worried about...   ??? 

« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 05:20:53 PM by Yooper »

Offline mishy

• Master
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 08:18:58 PM »
I take the Omega 3-6-9 every day.  I often take the EPO.  I also take a YA, Superdad (or mom if I am on my period), chlorella, & spirulina. 

The eczema on my hand has gone from driving me insane and I'd rub dead sea salt on it to scratch it - to now where it is almost healed up. It is getting soft again (after being crusty and scaley).   During the flare up I would take 2 YA at every meal. 

I still keep a bowl of water with dead sea salts in my bathroom to dip my hands into whenever I think of it. 

This morning when I showed my dh my hand, he said, "wow it is looking good except that it looks about 90 years old"  Isn't he sweet?   ::)   It has made my hand wrinkly.  Once I am sure it alllll cleared up I might put the miracle salve on it to see if it helps the wrinkles go away.  I did use either miracle salve or my own butter mix when I needed something to help when the skin split. 

Ok, so this isn't all about the EFA, but I believe they do help, but I don't think they are the only factor for my skin. 

Before I was taking a lot more EPO, but hope to keep it down due to $$.  So as long as things continue to improve and stay healed, that's where I"ll be. 

8)

update 8-27
My eczema is still doing well.  I have had a couple of minorly itchy flareups but nothin' to complain about.  I quit taking the EPO so much (concluded I was overdosing and affecting my hormones).  I still take the 3-6-9 when I remember. 
I just realized the other night that my heels are not the nasty cracking mess they always are (they usually are so rough I can easily relieve and itch on my leg using my heel). 
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 07:23:54 PM by mishy »

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 07:12:29 AM »
I have never had skin problem, but I have taken EFAs for the past several years for reasons of vanity  ;)
I find that between taking  my Omega 3-6-9 (2 a day) and EPO 2-3 times a week I feel better and my skin appears "thicker?" for lack of a better word.  I did come off them for a while a few months ago, and noticed a big difference in my face and hands.  I am very rough on my hands especially and the skin and cuticles are always very dry.
I also use the Rainbow Natural Complete Nutritional System that contains a multivitamin, green foods and enzymes.
After reading HBs post, I think I may need to bump  up my EPO levels, as the brand I use has GLA 90mg.  I am wondering what kind of difference I will see with this.
Also, is there a conversion factor to determine the amt of GLA and EPA in the omegas?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 08:20:08 AM by Mrs. B »

Offline likemanywaters

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 08:06:06 AM »
This is what I am giving my 3 year old son, for his eczema:

Daily:
1 Omega Balance 3.6.9.
1 Evening Primrose Oil
1 Cod Liver Oil
1/2 can bristling sardines
1/4 cup canned salmon (with bones & skin)
1/8 cup natural peanut butter (dry roasted)
1/8 cup virgin coconut oil
1 slice bacon (nitrate-free)
1 egg (local pastured)
1 hot dog (organic grass-fed)

In the above list he would be getting at least:
Omega 3: 3340 mg
Omega 6: 1900 mg
Omega 9:  420 mg (maybe more if you count the olive oil the sardines come in)

Total Saturated Fat : 40.75 g  (31.8%)
Total Unsaturated:    51.85 g  (25%)
Total Fat:                             56.8%
Cholesterol :               .335 g  (7.8%)
Protein:                  36.6 g    (35.4%)

His skin seems to do much better when I include the coconut oil and PB. I'm still tweaking his diet. These figures and percentages above does NOT include the REST of what he eats each day, which may look something like this:
1 c. fresh fruit
1 baked chicken leg
1/2 c. green vegetable with butter
1/4 c. orange or grape juice
1/2 c. coconut water

If the average toddler takes in approximately 1500 calories each day, he needs about six tablespoons of fat per day to obtain 50-55 percent of his calories as fat, which can come from butter, egg yolks, meat fat, coconut oil, whole raw dairy products, olive oil, avocado, nuts and seeds...

Although one's meals should have a relatively relaxed feel and flow from day to day, here are the mathematical details to figure out one's specific fat needs. To calculate the needed tablespoons of fat for an average of 1500 calories, take 1500 calories and multiply it by 0.50 to figure out how many calories are given by 60 percent, which is 750 calories. Then take 750 and divide it by 9, the number of calories in one gram of fat, which gives you 83 grams.

Last step--stick with me here--since a tablespoon of fat weighs approximately 14 grams,39 divide 83 by 14 to get the approximate tablespoons equal to 83 grams of fat, which in this case is just under 6. Therefore, an average toddler needs approximately 6 tablespoons or around 83 grams of fat each day. This same formula can be used with any number of calories to figure out the average number of tablespoons of any size person.
from http://www.westonaprice.org/children/foods-toddlers-preschool.html

-------------------------------------

07/11/07 Update

Son's skin is doing GREAT. It has not been red / inflamed for 2 days now. It looks to be healing up. He has been pooping more regularly now (same time every day) and it has been soft instead of hard.

Other notes on his diet I forgot and think are relevant:
We still have him off all Complex Carbohydrates (grains, legumes, starches).
He is drinking kombucha again now. Maybe 3-4 oz. every other day.
We added back raw cow's milk & raw butter to his diet and he seems to do OK with this now.

----------------------------------------------------------
07/16/2007 Update :-[

Several day's ago we ran out of Omega Balance, so have been giving him only 1 EPO and 1 CLO at every meal. Son's skin is doing BAD. He was up itching all night. Very red & inflammed. It happened suddenly, within a matter of an hour 2 days ago. We were visiting DH's new office. So I wondered if it was something like what they clean with there cause he played all over the carpet... But it hasn't improved since then. Other thoughts: stopping the Omega Balance? adding more milk back into his diet? It's so HARD to keep every variable constant... Inevitably changes in diet/environment happen at the same time whether we try not to.  :(   Sooo... We have an appointment with a new doctor today. First time we've been to one in a long while. I'm praying it goes well. Boy will he have a lot to listen to...
Son is doing much better! After a bad skin week, we finally took him to a chiropractor I had met & he has been adjusting his spine several times now. And all his rashes are healing!  :)  He said something about malabsorption of nutrients & slow digestion being linked to the spine/neurological system & the signals were not getting through. That his own metabolism was very toxic to himself (I didn't totally understand him). He also told me to go easier on any supplements for him (no probiotics), only 1 CLO a day, and his multi-vit.... Possibly it was from birth - cord wrapped around his neck & then suction tube. I think, also maybe from falling off of a changing table when he was several mo. old. I would have never linked those things together. So far, it's helping. :D AND this is despite the fact that I added back a bunch of foods to his diet that I had taken out, like wheat, rice, bananas, etc. And he is pooping every day now. :D

______
9/24/2007
Started giving son a digestive enzyme (Lypo by enzymedica) specifically for fat digestion along with his EFA supplements and meals (and sometimes in between). This cleared up a skin flare-up that had happened. The enzymes seem to help his skin return to normal & his cells retain moisture better.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 05:12:17 PM by likemanywaters »
And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.

-Ezekiel 43:2

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 05:45:11 AM »
This thread has the potential to get very long and hard to follow, so I am going to edit my original post to include my updates.  This might be a good suggestion for everyone to make it much easier for someone to follow a specific person's progress.   ;D

Of course, an edit will not put this thread back on the front page, so a note to notify of updates (or a bump) might be advisable.   ;)
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 10:17:33 AM »
Warning!
I have never sunburned easily. I've worked in the sun my whole life without getting a really bad sunburn. Yesterday I spent 2 hours outside in the sun playing with the kids. Today my face is so burned it is swollen, hot and almost purple. YIKES. I've never had a sunburn like this.

Gabe said he thought maybe vitamin A increases sun sensitivity. There was plenty of info on the web about vit A derived products applied topically increasing sun sensitivity, but I haven't yet run across one that talks about taking A taken orally having this effect.
http://classicbeautyconcepts.com/articles_retinoids.htm

I'm guessing it does though, because I have been taking so much vit A lately, and am suddenly so burned after only 2 hours in the sun on a partially cloudy day.

In any case, those of you that are taking high amounts of A, or giving it to a child - beware of the sun!

Rebekah
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 03:10:20 PM »

Gabe said he thought maybe vitamin A increases sun sensitivity.

That is so funny that you mentioned this.  Same thing happened to me this week!!  ::)
I took the kids to the beach on Tuesday for three hours.  Of course, the three of the hottest hours of the day.  We wore our coconut oil for protection as usual, and I got burned.  But the kids didn't.  I was gonna put this on the natural sunscreen thread, thinking the CO was a failure, but this may be a good hypothesis!  ;)

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 04:42:18 AM »
I am now doing the "WTM diet" which is high in fish oils, so I'm not taking the CLO. I still take 2 Omega 3.6.9 with each meal. My skin is still improving, but had a bad week a couple weeks ago with sickness and then sunburn. Now it is looking back to normal.

Rebekah
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 12:29:54 PM »
Update.  ;D
  My favorite herb book!!

YoopreMama

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 12:35:11 PM »
How's your skin, HB?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline mishy

• Master
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 03:05:57 AM »
How's your skin, HB?
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,9697.msg93509.html#msg93509 :D
You NUT!  I read the update, but there was no reference to SKIN.   :P  ;D

AHh!  but there was!!  Yoo must read zee first line of her update. 
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 03:11:11 AM by mishy »

YoopreMama

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 06:10:22 AM »
How's your skin, HB?
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,9697.msg93509.html#msg93509 :D
You NUT!  I read the update, but there was no reference to SKIN.   :P  ;D
Thanks, Mishy...you are funny.  :)  I did see the 7/27 update referencing the skin, but did I miss something in the 8/2 update?  I'm sure if there was a change, she'd have noted it, I guess.  ;)  Conclusion:  Just hoping you're doing better HB!  I will keep praying.   :-*

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2007, 02:55:05 PM »
How's your skin, HB?
You NUT!  I read the update, but there was no reference to SKIN.   :P  ;D
Thanks, Mishy...you are funny.  :)  I did see the 7/27 update referencing the skin, but did I miss something in the 8/2 update?  I'm sure if there was a change, she'd have noted it, I guess.  ;)  Conclusion:  Just hoping you're doing better HB!  I will keep praying.   :-*
You're not paying attention.  ;D

This part is in my first post

I've been blotchy, mildly itchy and my hands are swollen, red, hot and itchy.  I've been trying to avoid any medications, but have taken 4 Zyrtec (10 mg) over the past 4 days when itchiness was severe.  I've not had a full blown hive attack since I went to the ER about a month ago, but I'm sure the effects of the Prednisalone are not completely gone.

I'm not taking meds for anything else, sooooo
I have noticed that if I forget to take my fats, that I need more meds; however, I'm not able to stop the meds entirely, so trudging on.

would be an update on my skin.  ;)

Thanks for asking.  :D
  My favorite herb book!!

YoopreMama

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2007, 03:04:27 PM »
Thanks for answering.  ;)  I think I got sidetracked w/ the neck stuff, thinking you were medications for things other than skin.  Sorry I wasn't paying close attention... :-[

Thanks for putting up w/ me.   ;D

Offline mishy

• Master
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 07:24:12 PM »
I updated too....

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 08:58:38 AM »
Ditto
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline mishy

• Master
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 12:37:08 PM »
Ditto

You seem to be a month older than the rest of us.....  check your update date.   ;)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2007, 05:51:14 AM »
Ditto

You seem to be a month older than the rest of us.....  check your update date.   ;)
What?  You didn't know?  Along with all my many talents, I can also see into the future.   ;D ::)
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline mishy

• Master
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2007, 08:16:57 PM »
AHhhhhh!   Ohhhhhh!!  oooooooohhh!! 

LOL  If you ever do want to talk to the future, just give me a call.  :)  We are a whole 14 hours ahead of you.  :)   It is especially fun on new years to call the states and let them now how "next year" is. 
 8)

Offline mishy

• Master
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2007, 01:22:06 PM »
My update:  my eczema is not even worth mentioning anymore. 
I am praising the Lord!!

YoopreMama

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2007, 05:21:47 PM »
I updated...w/ a question about Vitamin A dosage in PG...

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2007, 05:43:24 PM »
I updated...w/ a question about Vitamin A dosage in PG...

Vitamin A for Fetal Development

Subsequent studies found that high levels of vitamin A did not increase the risk of birth defects. A 1998 study from Switzerland looked at vitamin A in pregnant women and found that a dose of 30,000 IU per day resulted in blood levels that had no association with birth defects.6

A 1999 study carried out in Rome, Italy found no congenital malformations among 120 infants whose mothers consumed an average of 50,000 IU of vitamin A per day.7 Some participants consumed up to 300,000 IU vitamin A daily during pregnancy with no birth defects in the offspring. An average of 50,000 IU vitamin A per day is consistent with our recommendation of cod liver oil to supply 20,000 IU per day plus additional vitamin A in liver, butter, seafood and egg yolks.
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

YoopreMama

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2007, 02:03:55 AM »
Thank you, WR!  :-*

Offline Kati*did

• Master
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2008, 06:20:55 AM »
For nerve reasons, I started taking 1300 mg EPO and 2000 mg Fish Oil (1200 mg omega3) daily about a month ago.  I take fish oil in summer and switch to CLO in the winter.

Anyway, from diabetes, I have pretty dry skin on the soles of my feet and no matter how much of any cream/lotion/salve I put on, I can't ever seem to get rid of the cracks and dryness -- I have had this for about 4 years.  Lately, my hands have also become very dry and cracked from gardening. 

About 10 days ago, I was looking at my feet and my thumb (which had gotten VERY cracked and dry from gardening) and couldn't believe how smooth they were.  They seem to be healing from the inside out.  I attribute this to the EFA's I'm taking as nothing else is new.  This is really gratifying for me, since I have tried to take care of this for such a long time! 
"...plain Kate, and bonny Kate, and sometimes Kate the curst..."

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2008, 06:03:50 PM »
For nerve reasons, I started taking 1300 mg EPO and 2000 mg Fish Oil (1200 mg omega3) daily about a month ago.  I take fish oil in summer and switch to CLO in the winter.

Anyway, from diabetes, I have pretty dry skin on the soles of my feet and no matter how much of any cream/lotion/salve I put on, I can't ever seem to get rid of the cracks and dryness -- I have had this for about 4 years.  Lately, my hands have also become very dry and cracked from gardening. 

About 10 days ago, I was looking at my feet and my thumb (which had gotten VERY cracked and dry from gardening) and couldn't believe how smooth they were.  They seem to be healing from the inside out.  I attribute this to the EFA's I'm taking as nothing else is new.  This is really gratifying for me, since I have tried to take care of this for such a long time! 
Funny that you mention this.  I used to have cracks in my heels so deep that I couldn't sand them with a pumice stone and I caught my sock on them or something, they were fairly painful.  I just looked at my feet and I still have cracks, but they are much smaller and there's no pain or rough edges to catch. 

My favorite herb book!!

Offline Kati*did

• Master
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2008, 03:24:26 AM »

Funny that you mention this.  I used to have cracks in my heels so deep that I couldn't sand them with a pumice stone and I caught my sock on them or something, they were fairly painful.  I just looked at my feet and I still have cracks, but they are much smaller and there's no pain or rough edges to catch. 
Ditto on that -- the cracks in my heels were just as bad as you mention, and the rest of my foot had been getting very sand papery dry recently because I've been going around in the garden barefoot.
"...plain Kate, and bonny Kate, and sometimes Kate the curst..."