Author Topic: Liver Flush/Gallbladder Cleanse  (Read 207821 times)

Offline milmuth

• Adept
Re: Liver Flush/Gallbladder Cleanse
« Reply #390 on: August 12, 2009, 10:02:26 AM »
for the record....

ok, here is my experience.
troubles:
sudden STRONG pain in side started 1.5weeks ago.  since it went away, we thought gallbladder.  lab tests showed slightly high cholesterol (a new thing for me, was perfect last year) but HDL was high so not concerned.  otherwise, fine.
pain came and went off/on since then, but only once was it as bad.  tried eating lots of fats to "test" my theory but didn't notice a difference- no worse, but no better.

only time it was ok was eating just fruit for breakfast.

Monday- I did the liver cleanse (no modifications) by Clark.  Tuesday morning, after things finally started moving, the pain INSTANTLY was gone.  I did not examine findings, sorry not my thing  :P  ate lunch with lots of fiber (see post above by hi_itsgwen) and fruit, but small amount of fat.  was fine.  dinner- vegetable/bean soup with homemade chicken broth(Fattier)  1hr later, pain was back.  Not as bad a first time, didn't go away before bedtime, sometime later (not sure what time)

today, achey pain off/on again.  not as before the cleanse, but still happening.  S

Conclusions:
was this cleanse not enough?  only patially successful?  I'm glad I did the cleanse as the bloated/"tire around middle" feeling I have had since my last birth (6months ago) is gone.  Also, I don't feel sluggish after eating either. I think that even if it didn't "work" that it did help b/c it pulled out the "old" bile and is helping me get my liver working better, which is always a good thing.

still going for testing tomorrow to confirm this is the issue.

still eating beets every meal and beans in large qmounts as well daily. 

the high soluable fiber info posted by hi_itsgwen was very helpful and makes alot of sense.  esp for people with allergies that can't eat wheat- tend not to get as much good fiber .  I know I don't b/c I just don't spend money on special foods for me like I would for my children or husband. at least not that type of fiber, I do get LOTS of veggie fiber :)

just my experience.  hth someone

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
« Reply #391 on: August 12, 2009, 04:08:07 PM »
Hey Milmuth...glad you found the article helpful! :)  It's possible that you have a stone or stones that are intermittently blocking and causing pain.  It sounds like you've got a good handle on it with diet, and based on what Karen Hurd says in the link, it may just take a bit of time to dissolve the stones.  If your cholesterol was up at your last appt. I would bet that the fiber/recycling bile was your problem.  I think she gives a time frame for clearing stones just with the fiber.

P.S. I also read that applesauce is high in soluable fiber.  You may want to double check that, but it would be a nice quick alternative for snacks.
Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.

Offline Jade

• Adept
« Reply #392 on: August 12, 2009, 07:18:51 PM »
I haven't read through all 14 pages, so this may have already been mentioned.

Milmuth, Dr. Foster sells a Stone Dissolve tea that is supposed to be good for gallstones and kidney stones. A quote from the site:

"This very valuable combination of herbs has been used by traditional herbalists to painlessly dissolve all kinds of stones in the body including gallstones, kidney stones, bladder stones and other types of stones. The common name for Eupatorium Purpureum is Gravel root, thus named because of its effects on gravel (stones) in the body. Can also be of benefit in gout, arthritis, dysuria, cystitis, urethritis, prostate troubles, endometriosis, and ovarian issues. Encourages the elimination of excess uric acid. The stone-dissolving routine only takes 3 days, otherwise, for other uses a small amount can be consumed daily. Very soothing tea that contains anti inflammatory herbs. I've known severe gallstone and kidney stone pain to pass in as little as 24 hours with this tea. Those with kidney stones, gout and arthritis should follow up with the Kidney Revitalization Program in order to heal further. "

Ingredients:
Organically Grown/ Wildharvested Hydrangea arborescens (Hydrangea root), Eupatorium Purpureum (Gravel root) and other supportive herbs.

Maybe this is something that would be helpful? I've used the tea before as part of a routine cleanse (no known stones), and it was actually quite pleasant to drink, especially as opposed to some other natural remedies! As to whether or not it's actually effective... *shrugs*... who knows? I don't think I had any stones, so it'd be hard to tell. Didn't seem to do any harm, anyway.  :)

Dr. Foster also sells a Liver/Gallbladder formula that, if you choose to use it, you may want to buy the capsules instead of the tincture. It is NOT tasty and rather hard to choke down at times. Also, she recommends using lobelia if you have a "stuck" stone.

Hope you're completely better soon!

"I walk without flinching through the burning cathedral of the summer.  My bank of wild grass is majestic and full of music.  It is a fire that solitude presses against my lips."  ~Violette Leduc

Offline milmuth

• Adept
« Reply #393 on: August 13, 2009, 09:55:17 AM »
thanks for all the info.

yes, apples are very high in fiber.  you can actually buy apple pectin fiber at the hfs, NOW produces it rather inexpensively.  there are other brands too.  also very good for binding with metals/toxins itself, so extra helpful in getting rid of the dyes etc in some nuc medicine tests.

FOR ANYONE BREASTFEEDING:

NO you should NOT nurse for at least 48hrs after a gallbladder scan.  I had three different people tell me 3 diff things on this, and all 3 were in the nuc medicine dept of the local hospital that I went to.  NONE of them were correct, and NONE of them were safe answers.  Only when I asked to speak to the radioligist directly did I get the true scientific medical answer.  So be wise and be sure to dig for the truth- techs are the only ones I intereacted with but non of them knew this basic info. 

update:
I had an US today- NO stones, NO sludge, no problems identified.  and for the record, I was in pain during this test despite having nothing to eat or drink since a bedtime snack the night before (over 10hrs!)

so, I did the nuc scan.  my gallbladder isn't functioing properly.  normal ejection fracture is 35%.  mine is at 21%

QUESTIONS:

if it is a function problem, why did the cleanse feel better?

will the dietary routines recommended by Karen Hurd help with this as well?

is it hopeless if the gallbladder isn't working?
tahnks for any and all help :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 10:28:04 AM by milmuth »

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
« Reply #394 on: August 13, 2009, 06:24:58 PM »
I did a little searching and found this article helpful:
http://www.itmonline.org/arts/chlorogenic.htm 

The article states that eating triggers hormones that cause the gall bladder to release.  So I'm guessing that's why you were hurting...10 hours of holding onto bile salts with no relief.

I also saw several references to low fat diets and fast weight loss being contributing factors to problems with the gall bladder, as not enough bile is being produced in that situation.

If you're finding relief with diet, I would continue to do what you've been doing.  Also, you may try to contact Karen Hurd and see if she has any ideas or insights.

Praying for ya!
~Gwen
Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.

Offline milmuth

• Adept
« Reply #395 on: October 12, 2009, 09:21:08 AM »
ok, a few more questions:

it's been two months of this now.  mostly eating very low fat, but craving fat so eat it sometime- then get pain.  achey on my side often too (not necessarily related to eating fat).  no longer constant or daily, but still quite often.  only severe about once a week or two weeks.  haven't tracked it close enough to see what correspondence to diet it might be.

I'm still nursing the baby.

so, I think there is improvement, but I"m wondering how long to expect this to take to fully recover? 

and, how much, if any, fat I should be eating at this time?  I'd like to get back to some eggs, avocado, meat....etc. 

If there is pain, is that a sign to back off on fats and need to rest the gallbladder?

I'm taking digestive enzymes, probiotics, about 2 TBSP flax seed (fresh gground) and 1-2TBSP milk thistle seed (fresh ground).   how much milk thistle seed is therapeutic, does anyone know?

Thanks for any help you can give...any encouragement would be appreciated.  still trying to resolve this without suregery but don't want to take a year to do it either  :-\

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #396 on: October 12, 2009, 11:50:21 AM »
Is another one or series of flushes possible for you? Is weaning soon an option?

Do your digestive enzymes have ox bile and betaine HCL? If not find one with those in it and see if it doesn't make a difference. Take them every time you eat a meal. They must be taken in the middle of a meal, and a light snack may not be enough food for those ing. to function correctly.

IMO, lowfat will exacerbate the problem, although I can certainly understand why you are doing it.
The ND we have consulted believes the way to correct low gallbladder function is to increase fat intake will take HCL and ox bile as part of a comprehensive enzyme supplement. This will trigger your gallbladder while supporting fat digestion until things normalize.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 11:52:06 AM by boysmama »

Offline tynnille

• Adept
« Reply #397 on: October 12, 2009, 01:37:09 PM »
I have heard that people with gallbladder issues and even for those who do not have a gallbladder you can use Coconut Oil since it doesn't require the gallbladder bile to digest it. Check into this since you are craving more oil than you are currently eating.
Tennille

Offline daniel3737

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #398 on: March 20, 2011, 12:42:08 PM »
Hello Milmuth,

I am kinda new to this forum. Wanted to keep up was going on with health regimens. Don't know if you are still having gallbladder pains but if you still do I recommend maybe doing a parasite cleanse first as sometimes parasites can get the bile ducts in a severely contracted manner. These prevents the bile ducts to relax at intervals.

Also look into something called the pulverexx protocol. It helps to pulverize the gallstones so that when you do your flush it comes out as sludge. Just hope you haven't gone through
 gallbladder surgery. That should be the last resort. My father's health deteriorated after such a procedure because he wasn't digesting foods properly and his liver was struggling to keep up.

Hope you are feeling better.

Offline talula

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #399 on: May 10, 2011, 01:11:06 PM »
I'm new here and need some help.  To make a long story short I  found out I have gallstones. I dont want surgery.  I would like to do the Clark cleanse but have heard a parasite cleanse would be good to do first.  I see the surgeon next week and I'm going to see if he will order another test after the cleanse.

Anyway, the parasite cleanse it seems takes 3mos. according to the one I read About from BHS.  I should propably insist the surgeon give me time to work this out on my own first.  I'm only seeing him because my doc. insisted.

I also had a amall hyatal hernial which I think is actually causing the painful attacks.

Any advise would help.

Thanks, Talula

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #400 on: May 10, 2011, 03:38:06 PM »
I'm new here and need some help.  To make a long story short I  found out I have gallstones. I dont want surgery.  I would like to do the Clark cleanse but have heard a parasite cleanse would be good to do first.  I see the surgeon next week and I'm going to see if he will order another test after the cleanse.

Anyway, the parasite cleanse it seems takes 3mos. according to the one I read About from BHS.  I should propably insist the surgeon give me time to work this out on my own first.  I'm only seeing him because my doc. insisted.

I also had a amall hyatal hernial which I think is actually causing the painful attacks.

Any advise would help.

Thanks, Talula

No advise really, other than this.........do everything you possibly can to keep your gallbladder!   I had mine out 2 months after my last child was born 18 years ago and have regretted it ever since.  :(   If you aren't in dire pain take your time and do what you can.
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline talula

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #401 on: May 10, 2011, 04:21:24 PM »
I think that is what the Lord is leading me to do...avoid surgery.  thanks for your imput.  Can I ask why you regret having your gallbladder out?  Just curious.  My hubby and sister in laws have no regrets and did fine with the surgery but have bouts of diareah (sp?) occaisionally.  I did have a friend who was  in the hospital for a long time with complications afer hers.  I think they were all done lapriscopicly (sp?).  Different surgeons too. 

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #402 on: May 11, 2011, 07:58:52 AM »
The surgery itself was not a big deal.......lapriscopic.....but the after affects are what I hate.   I have the same problem.......frequent diarrhea, which seems to be totally food related but I can't pin it down to any certain food because one time I will think it is one thing and the next it seems to be something else.   I have always had weak intestinal system so this just adds to the distress.   
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #403 on: May 11, 2011, 09:22:14 AM »

Any advise would help.

Thanks, Talula

No advise really, other than this.........do everything you possibly can to keep your gallbladder!   I had mine out 2 months after my last child was born 18 years ago and have regretted it ever since.  :(   If you aren't in dire pain take your time and do what you can.
Ditto this.  Hubs is very sorry he lost his and you can't get it back.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline doug-again

• Learning
« Reply #404 on: May 11, 2011, 10:21:18 AM »
To make a long story short I  found out I have gallstones. I dont want surgery.  I would like to do the Clark cleanse but have heard a parasite cleanse would be good to do first.  I see the surgeon next week and I'm going to see if he will order another test after the cleanse.

Construct or purchase a zapper, use it, and the parasites are gone in one day.  (If you live with animals, you will reinfect within one hour.)  It doesn't have to take a month, unless you're scared of electronic medicine.  Google around with drclark.com, and you should be able to find the store.

If i was gonna do the liver flush, i'd first spend some time doing the kidney herbs that Hulda suggests: Hydrangea, Marshmallow & Gravel roots.  The elimination system needs to be in top shape, when all that funk from the liver cuts loose.  i'd postpone the surgery for two weeks.

i'd take my spanking patiently.  Gallstones don't form from eating a healthy diet, consuming plenty pure water and getting regular exercise.  No one i ever heard of, died of gall bladder pain.  You're in pain because your body needs your immediate attention.  i guess you might need more than a cleanse; maybe more like a lifestyle change.

The gallbladder is not a vestigial organ.  That's a damn lie.  Americans would have fewer liver problems if they ate their dandelions, instead of poisoning them.

Anyway, Hanna Kroeger has a nifty little two day apple juice fast that my neighbor used.  It relieved her pain, and saved her from surgery.  She stopped eating everything for two days.  She drank 16 ounces of organic apple juice every 2 hours, starting at 6 am and ending at 8pm.  Second day was the same, except she drank 1/4 cup of olive oil before bed - washing it down with fresh squeezed grapefruit juice.  (Look for green sludgy poo in the morning.)  She did this once a week for a few weeks, made some lifestyle changes - and she still has that nifty little organ.

Hanna said that its the malic acid in the apples that dissolves the stones.

Hulda's books are worth owning.  The liver cleanse has resulted in some folks loosing weight as well as allergies.  Liver and kidneys should be cleansed twice, yearly.
Have fun ...

Offline talula

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #405 on: May 12, 2011, 05:16:23 AM »
Thanks for reminding me about dandylion.  I havent had a fresh dandylion salad this spring yet.  Lots of those in my yard.  I did find info on the zapper.  Can you tell me how it works and how you know its working.  Is there any other way to get gallstones.  I eat healthy and I'm not overweight.  Stress maybe?

Offline talula

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #406 on: May 12, 2011, 05:23:46 AM »
I have also lived in the country all my life.  Our water has always had lots if iron and other minerals.  we soften it with softener salt. I wonder if that could have something to do with gallstones.  Anyone know about that?

Offline doug-again

• Learning
« Reply #407 on: May 14, 2011, 05:32:27 PM »
Can you tell me how it works and how you know its working.  Is there any other way to get gallstones.  I eat healthy and I'm not overweight.  Stress maybe?
The zapper works on a resonance principal.  The way i understand it is; any single living thing vibrates within a certain frequency range, which is particular to that individual's specie.  Likewise, that thing, when dying or dead, vibrates within a certain frequency range.  The zapper oscillates at the death frequencies of a large swath of microorganisms.

i haven't been sick enough to need to zap, so i can't speak from experience about what it's like.  Get a book.  Read it. 

Any thing i have to say about the formation of gallstones is entirely anecdotal, or based on moderate research and even less experience.  i recall Hulda writing about finding dead parasites in the cores.  She said that the stones are not dense enough to show up on x ray or ultrasound.  Pathologists have found them to be mostly composed of cholesterol.  The folks i know, who have gotten them, have no clue about proper food combining - which makes me think there may be an enzymatic deficiency involved.  They also ate too much fried foods.  You said that you eat healthy. i don't know what that means.  Whole Foods (do you shop there?) is full of processed junk foods; only whole foods they carry are in produce and bulk.  Other hf stores are no better.

Maybe you live on commodities and produce.  i dunno, but what passes for healthy these days is debatable.  i appreciate you asking about stress as a possible cause.  i never thought about that; makes me wanna go do some reading.
I have also lived in the country all my life.  Our water has always had lots if iron and other minerals.  we soften it with softener salt. I wonder if that could have something to do with gallstones.  Anyone know about that?
i live in the country, too.  i watched a lady who lived in the country her whole life, die of pancreatic cancer.  Hillbillies around these parts are sick.  i don't think rural folks are any better off than city folks.

Those minerals in your water, and all that salt, are a burden to your excretory and circulatory systems.  We're supposed to get our minerals from food, not from rocks and plumbing.  i distill all my drinking water.  i do dishes and clean with the well water.  Well water is not pure water.  The liver can pump out up to one and a half quarts of bile a day.  It needs really clean water to do that, and plenty of it.

Health pros are not in agreement about whether distilled water does the body good.  There's a debate to be had, or happening, as the case stands.  Hopefully that debate won't happen on this thread.  Wait, o yeah, this board has a moderator.  i forgot.

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #408 on: May 15, 2011, 06:06:00 PM »
I think that is what the Lord is leading me to do...avoid surgery.  thanks for your imput.  Can I ask why you regret having your gallbladder out?  Just curious.  My hubby and sister in laws have no regrets and did fine with the surgery but have bouts of diareah (sp?) occaisionally.  I did have a friend who was  in the hospital for a long time with complications afer hers.  I think they were all done lapriscopicly (sp?).  Different surgeons too. 
Without the gallbladder there is much more strain put on the liver.
Without proper digestion the body is really taxed.
The diarrhea is only a symptom of other damage going on as the digestive system continually operates at lower and lower function until from lack of proper digestion the body becomes depleted of nutrients and overwhelmed with inflammation.

I believe that gallstones are a symptom secondary to the root cause. You can take the gallbladder out, but the reason the stones began to form or the reason the gallbladder became inflamed in the first place are still there and another symptom will pop up down the road.

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #409 on: May 15, 2011, 06:13:28 PM »
Thanks for reminding me about dandylion.  I havent had a fresh dandylion salad this spring yet.  Lots of those in my yard.  I did find info on the zapper.  Can you tell me how it works and how you know its working.  Is there any other way to get gallstones.  I eat healthy and I'm not overweight.  Stress maybe?
Fat soluble toxins such as hormone byproducts need to be excreted through bile. This is why pregnancy, postpartum, and menopause are prime times for women to develop gallbladder issue.
Here's a great article on the subject including completely natural and gentle solutions. More healthy fats and soluble fiber have been very helpful in relieving my gallbladder pain.
http://www.karenhurd.com/concern_gall_bladder.html

Offline debbiez

• Adept
« Reply #410 on: July 12, 2011, 04:40:22 AM »
  This cleanse is not for wimps!!!  Drinking the e.salts and grapefruit juice wasn't terrible esp. since you haven't eaten in a few hours. I don't really like grapefruit juice so I drank the olive oil and then some apple juice. That was not very pleasent and made me feel nauseated. I just did this last night. I did not drink any e.salt juice this morning, I still felt sick to my stomach. I have gone to the potty twice. I've passed some sludge and a *few* stones. I hope ther is more to come ;D I don't feel terrible. I did not take the sleep  aid and I slept just ok. I don't know if I can do it again. I don't know how some of you have done this multiple times. I'm hope this will help me not have such servre morning sickness next time I'm pregnant. I'd take a coffee enema over this any day!!
                                               Debbiez
Wife to my loving husband!!

Offline rainygladness

• Adept
« Reply #411 on: July 14, 2011, 04:22:07 AM »
You're right that the cleanse isn't for wimps!  ;)  But where did you read that you can swap apple juice for grapefruit juice?  I am pretty sure grapefruit juice is an essential component in making the cleanse work properly.
(eta - as are the oil and epsom salts, too.)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 04:23:47 AM by rainygladness »
Always remember you're unique - just like everybody else!

Offline debbiez

• Adept
« Reply #412 on: July 14, 2011, 04:59:12 AM »
The curezone site said you could use sour apple. I just couldn't drink any more grapefruit juice. I can't stand grapefriut.  I really had to motivate myself to drink the oil. :P We only had regular apple so I drank that. It still worked but maybe not as well?  Any suggestionson juice?  I know I should probably do this a few more times :P
                                                              Debbiez

Offline rainygladness

• Adept
« Reply #413 on: July 14, 2011, 11:09:29 AM »
The only suggestion I have of value as far as juice goes is to just tough it out and drink the grapefruit juice.  No element of this cleanse - from the oil to the gagging epsom salt drink - is pleasant.  So I'd say, if you go to all the trouble of doing a serious cleanse as this, why skimp, kwim?  I'm not tough, but I plugged my nose and chugged the juice/oil drink down so I'd get the maximum results possible. Just my .02 
Always remember you're unique - just like everybody else!

Offline debbiez

• Adept
« Reply #414 on: July 14, 2011, 02:33:42 PM »
I probably should have just toughed it out; But I just couldn't do amymore grapefruit. DH bought white instead of pink , I don't know how big of difference there is.  Maybe next time I will chase it with lemon juice instead of apple. I have heard you can use lemon you just  don't mix it with the oil.  I wondered if you could use coconut oil? If coconut oil worked, I would harden it and eat it.  Anybody know if this would work?
                                                        Debbiez

Offline titterbee

• Learning
« Reply #415 on: July 16, 2011, 05:36:32 PM »
....jumping in here w/ a question.  A friend is having gallbladder problems (stones) and is pregnant.  Are you able to do the cleanse while pregnant?  She has been hospitalized 1-2 times and doctors are just telling her to stay away from fat......baby needs fat, so I'm trying to find a home remedy for her.  Any suggestions?

Offline debbiez

• Adept
« Reply #416 on: July 18, 2011, 01:49:59 AM »
I'm pretty sure it is not recommened to do this cleanse while pregnant. Prehaps she could take some herbs that cleanse or help but are safe for baby. Maybe dandelion or yellow dock? Hopefully some of the ladies with more knowledge than with me will chime in. HTH.
                                                            Debbiez

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #417 on: June 04, 2013, 08:23:51 AM »
Ok I'm having A LOT of issues recently and I am trying to figure it all out...I think I just need someone to tell me what to do!!  :-\
First off, my skin is just horrid. Its covered in acne! At least I think its acne. They are open oozing sores all over my face and legs. They are not getting better no matter what I try-and I've tried everything! Bentonite clay masks, plantain vinegar tonic, oil cleansing, no soap etc etc.
I'm also 10 lbs over weight and cannot lose it to save my life-this has never been a problem for me. I am not eliminating very well and struggle with constipation. I know my hormones are out out of whack since weaning last month. I am always bloated. And have been struggling with mood swings. We are free of all chemicals, parabens, SLS, all those nasty things.
So...I've been doing the water cure on and off for the last year or so. I drink a lot of water. And I  tried the MC and made it to 6 days and it helped a bit and plan to do it again maybe July or August. I have been taking a double dose (8 capsules) a day of YA and Ultimate Defense for several weeks now with no die off symptoms at all. I've been taking hormone balancing herbs for 2 months now. So last night and this morning I did a liver flush. I barely passed anything but "sand" and it burns so badly, I'm just hobbling around and now bleeding down there. Is that normal? Other than that I feel completely normal.
I know I seem to be jumping from trying one thing then another, but I guess I just don't know where to start,I don't know what my problem is, but I feel like my body is just shutting down no matter what I try. The last time I felt like this was over 10 years ago before I had a stroke. I was having the same problems. But I can't figure out what the connection would be between them and now. I have only been getting better since getting married over 6 years ago, and now suddenly I feel like I'm going backward-very quickly-again.
I think I'm going to try another liver flush in a few weeks if that sounds good. Any other thoughts? Could someone point me in the right direction?? I know it sounds vain, but right now my biggest concern is my skin. Its terrible, makeup won't even cover it up  :-[ Sorry this is so long and probably in the wrong place, but I appreciate any advice!

Offline born-an-okie

• Adept
« Reply #418 on: November 17, 2013, 11:58:44 AM »
Is it possible to do a gallbladder cleanse without meaning to?  I drank a coconut milk and fresh pineapple smoothie, probably 3 cups worth on Friday evening.  I spent the night feeling so sick with diarrhea and then vomitting.  I realized that with the citrus from the pineapple and the high fat content of the coconut milk I potentially gave myself a cleanse.  Any thoughts on if this is possible?