Author Topic: Liver Flush/Gallbladder Cleanse  (Read 262332 times)

Offline dara

• Master
Re: Liver Flush/Gallbladder Cleanse
« Reply #180 on: January 26, 2007, 10:26:54 AM »
What makes you think he has liver problems? Does he have any symptoms?

I'm waiting to have a book come in at the library about using herbs to treat whole body systems; I'll try to let you know if I find anything helpful for kids...

Oh, and Abbi, sometimes I think we are just going to have to hang in there and wait for their digestive systems to heal (I am thinking about your kids and the BM questions- we've had that too). My kids keep improving with time, and my DH's siblings have really gotten better with age too.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 10:29:21 AM by dara »
"Write your hurts in the sand
and grave your blessings in stone."

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #181 on: January 26, 2007, 10:59:51 AM »
herbalmom - one question: since it's better to do the psyllium by itself, would it be better to do it at night or in the morning?  How much of those herbs can I give them so that it works?

thanks,
abbilynn
A while ago I was interested in pysillium and most of the recommendations were for the first thing in the morning - at least an hour before breakfast...had to quit 'cause I am allergic  :P
I think you have made a wise decision on holding off on the flushes and enemas abbilynn  :) I really would worry about doing  things that intense on my little guys but they aren't as seriously compromised so I have more time to figure out other ways...good luck w/ the herbs. I hope they'll help you and the boys. If the teas taste terrible how about a tincture? It would be a smaller amount to get down... I was in a Wild Oats store this week and they had several herbal tinctures for supporting liver cleansing. Almost all of them were primarily dandelion, burdock, and milk thistle.  I was also looking at a chinese bitters formula also...Interesting!

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #182 on: January 26, 2007, 11:58:31 AM »
Thanks.  I'm hoping they aren't allergic to anything I ordered.  I ended up getting psyllium, dandelion, and milk thistle b/c the yellow dock root seemed a little too harsh and it said you have to be careful not to use it too long.  I thought the dandelion was a safer bet for them.  If I can't get them to drink the tea, I'll just make a tincture for them.  I'm going to drink the tea also.  I know it takes time and I need to be patient for their systems to heal.  But I also feel like it is my job to research and learn what I can to help them.  God gives knowledge for us to use to help ourselves and our family.  :)  But nothing can be done without Him.  ;D  Patience has never been one of my strengths!  :D  I'm known more for diving into things head first until I feel like I've gotten an answer. LOL  :D  Anyway, I'm moving slow with them, sticking to only things that are natural and gentle.  Thanks so much for all the WONDERFUL and HELPFUL advice!!  ;D ;D

abbilynn
Wife for 11 years, Mommy to 3 rambunctious boys!!  :)  Lover of Jesus, my hubby, my kids, and learning!
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://glutenfreegoose.blogspot.com/

Offline likemanywaters

• Adept
« Reply #183 on: January 27, 2007, 09:15:26 AM »
What makes you think he has liver problems? Does he have any symptoms?

Oh, and Abbi, sometimes I think we are just going to have to hang in there and wait for their digestive systems to heal (I am thinking about your kids and the BM questions- we've had that too). My kids keep improving with time, and my DH's siblings have really gotten better with age too.

He doesn't digest food well. I see it in his poo. Underneath his eczema rashes his skin has a yellowish tinge. And the liver supporting herbs are helping his rashes. I guess I'm thinking his skin & poo is his main symptom, but I'm still new to this & am continuing to reseach everything. I know his digestive system is out of wack, and I'm thinking his liver is not handling all the toxins well and is sending them back out into the bloodstream to be secreted by the skin. Just a guess.  :-[

It seems it was a vicious cycle of malnutrition leading to indigestion leading to malnutrition. We gave him lots more raw milk (calcium, minerals, enzyme-rich foods, cod liver oil) and his skin is almost all better now.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 01:32:29 AM by likemanywaters »
And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.

-Ezekiel 43:2

YoopreMama

« Reply #184 on: February 02, 2007, 02:26:14 PM »
OK, I've been reading and now I'm in the middle of my 1st liver flush.

The grapefruit juice made the Eppies much more bearable...couldn't stomach it cold, though, I like my drinks warmer after that Master Cleanse.  I thought that this drink was better than the salt water flush.   :P

Have a headache, but I deserve it after eating too many Hershey's Kisses last night.   :-[

Going to add a coffee enema, too, but not sure when to do it.  I guess I should have figured that out ahead of time!  Have the coffee saved in the fridge, but I think I'd better warm it up <shudder>.

We'll see what happens...I can tell you this, though...I will not have my colander collecting "things" for me!   :o

YoopreMama

« Reply #185 on: February 02, 2007, 04:06:53 PM »

I would also suggest(you don't have to, but it will make it easier on your body to eliminate stones) eating maybe fruits 3 days before  your liver cleanse, and also do enemas during this time period.  I got my enema recipes off of www.curezone.com--go under the section called cleansing and then go to bowel cleansing.  There are a few different ones to chose from.  I did the vinegar/water one--real simple--2 TBSP of white vinegar to 2 Quarts of warm water.  I also did the Garlic/Epsom salt enema--Be careful.  This one really cleans you out!!  It's 3 cloves of garlic to 2 TBSP of Epsom salt.  I also used just plain warm distilled water on my third enema.  It's very important that your bowels are to be fully functionable, so they can eliminate toxins and your gall stones properly when you do the liver cleanse.  If the colon is packed, it will not be able to function properly.  

Hey, thanks for adding that...I'm in the middle of my 1st liver flush.  I was wondering when to do the enemas.  I did some coffee ones after the 8 PM drink. 

I'm staring at my oil and grapefruit juice now, wishing it was 10 and I could get it over with! 

Will report tomorrow!   ;)
OK, it's technically tomorrow.   >:(

Clearly, I have not taken the ornithine.   ::)

I just threw up (12:30 AM), and my headache is throbbing.   >:(

I downed the oil/grapefruit juice w/i about 30 seconds...maybe too fast.  I was surprised at how decent tasting it was...until the end...I gagged some and refused the last drink.   :P  I slept for 2 hours and here I am.   :(

« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 07:53:58 PM by YooperMama »

YoopreMama

« Reply #186 on: February 03, 2007, 02:10:52 AM »
What an awful night.  I'm not sure I prepped for that flush very well. Should have started 1-2 days before w/ a fruit and veggie/liquid diet.  I threw up a 2nd time and slept restlessly 'til Caleb climbed in at 5:30, all wet.   :(

I think that the ornithine (or something for sleep--catmint, chamomile) would have helped.  Didn't do the Black Walnut, but have been on anti-parasitic stuff for a long time, on and off.  I'm so thirsty on this!

Drank Eppie cocktail #3 at 6:30 and it stayed down.  #4 in another hour and a half and then we'll start the juice.  Haven't passed anything yet....Felt a rumble once in my abdomen, but nothing else...not like the "trail of marbles rolling through" or whatever the site said I might feel.   ::)

At least the headache's gone!  :)

« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 02:13:07 AM by YooperMama »

Offline Lavender~Rosemary

• Adept
« Reply #187 on: February 03, 2007, 04:56:29 AM »
Wow! That sounds absolutely awful!! 
I hope you feel better soon.  I guess some bad stuff is coming out   ???
I hope someone can offer  you some advice.  I have not ever done this.  Good for you for sticking with it.
Stacy

YoopreMama

« Reply #188 on: February 03, 2007, 05:20:15 AM »
Thanks, Stacy!   :-*

I wonder how much stuff will come out, given I threw up much of it 2 1/2 hours after drinking it.   :(  I'm certainly eliminating stuff,  :P but who knows how much is actually from my liver. 

I'm ready to eat!   ;D 

Offline Lavender~Rosemary

• Adept
« Reply #189 on: February 03, 2007, 05:32:08 AM »
I bet you are ready to eat.  This cleansing stuff can be hard!!

Have you  heard of Sandra Cabot?  She has a book called the Liver Cleanse Diet.  It was absolutely huge in Australia about 10 years ago (When I still lived there).  I guess it is a slower way to flush the liver and not so painful  :P.

She has a website:  http://www.liverdoctor.com/ 
The website has some info on liver detoxification.

She does have another book now called The Liver and Bowel Book.  They are both interesting and have some good recipes. You can get the both in amazon.com

She has a product called Liveatone that we have enjoyed in the past.
Here is the info on it:

Livatone Liver Tonic Powder 200gm

Per one tsp = 3.3gm

* Psyllium Husk Powder 924mg
    * Milk Thistle Seed Powder 330mg
    * Taurine 165mg
    * Dandelion Root Powder 330mg
    * Globe artichoke powder 165mg
    * Slippery Elm Bark Powder 82.5mg
    * Lecithin 330mg
    * Barley leaf powder 198mg
    * Beetroot powder 99mg
    * Carrot powder 99mg
    * Alfalfa Herb 82.5mg
    * Peppermint leaf 165mg
    * Contains no Lactose, table salt, dairy products, gluten, fillers, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.

I haven't researched it a whole lot, but just thought I'd put it out there. 
Stacy

YoopreMama

« Reply #190 on: February 03, 2007, 09:20:49 AM »
Thanks again, Stacy!

I haven't heard of her, I think, but am enjoying her web site.  I did the Master Cleanse last month as my inaugural "cleanse".   ;D  Should have started w/ the liver cleanse, 1st, I think--much shorter!   ;D

I am passing stones, so I know that it worked somewhat.   :)  I'm sure I'll do it again--I've used corticosteroid creams for 20+ years for eczema...along w/ all the junk food of ages 0-?   ::)  I had pre-eclampsia in '99, too, so that was a huge (late)sign of my body's toxicity.  Beeyoutiful girl has done like 8 or more.   She said that they didn't start becoming effective until 5-8, I believe. 

I'm on Yeast Assassin now and probiotics...hoping to get a healthy colon...I was on antibiotics at birth for e. coli meningitis and wasn't breastfed.  Not a good start.   :(

Offline likemanywaters

• Adept
« Reply #191 on: February 07, 2007, 08:31:11 AM »
Check this out you guys!

http://www.knowledgeofhealth.com/report.asp?story=The%20IP6%20Rice%20Bran%20Cleanse&catagory=Chelation,%20IP6

PS - This article talks of IP6 cleansing heavy metals, kidneys, heart, arteries, liver, colon, brain, & gallbladder!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 05:06:22 AM by likemanywaters »
And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.

-Ezekiel 43:2

YoopreMama

« Reply #192 on: February 07, 2007, 11:09:42 AM »
April,

Thanks for your continuing research!  I will check it out later...interesting!     :)

My calves and hands are almost clear...just upper arms and a neck patch continues to be pink and irritated.  My eyes are sure changing color, too--blueing up.  Hmmm

Offline CNM2B

• Adept
« Reply #193 on: February 12, 2007, 07:26:25 PM »
OK, who's done this cleanse once and that's been enough? Do you have to do it multiple times to get "clean"? Is the cleanse for the liver and gallbladder together - that's what the topic implies, but I only seem to see people discussing liver.
   I don't wanna do it..... I don't want to get sick to my stomach..... :-X

Offline DawnsEarlyBirds

• Adept
« Reply #194 on: February 13, 2007, 02:44:20 AM »
OK, who's done this cleanse once and that's been enough? Do you have to do it multiple times to get "clean"? Is the cleanse for the liver and gallbladder together - that's what the topic implies, but I only seem to see people discussing liver.
   I don't wanna do it..... I don't want to get sick to my stomach..... :-X
My husband did it once years ago and had great success.  Last summer he did multiple times and hardly got anything, so it may not have been what he needed.

The reason you see the liver and not the gallbladder discussed is because gallstones originate in the liver, not the gallbladder.  They should more appropriately, IMO, be called liverstones.  This is proved when people who have had their gallbladder removed do a liver cleanse and pass "gallstones" as a result.

Offline Farm Wife

• Adept
  • 24 years (still newlyweds) with 2 beautiful boys
« Reply #195 on: February 13, 2007, 06:12:44 AM »
Hi, I have been researching this whole "cleansing" thing and I'm very troubled by what I have found.  :-[
QUACKWATCH web site set up by Mayo clinic has actually studied it and says QUACK!!! There are no controlled studies by the people making and selling the products nor any holistic health practitioners????  ???This site says the stones you all are seeing from the cleanses are formed by the items you ingest and the order and have been ingested and were NOT stones. search: Respectful Insolence (a.k.a. Orac Knows) Better late than never Ask EneMan!
This site also is very informative: www.livescience.com
I searched google using colon cleans dangers, need colon cleanse and other variations and found a lot of debunking going on. ???
God designed our bodies to cleanse out toxins through the liver etc. why would that process need our help. Cleanses like these do not seem natural nor healthy to me???
Troubled, Susan
Ephesian 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God, Not of works lest any man should boast. :)

Offline Raquellynn

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #196 on: February 13, 2007, 06:40:17 AM »
I was wondering, do you use only all natural food?  Because when God created us He put us in a garden of all natural food not in a supermarket that is only concerned with selling and prolonging the shelf life.  The reason that the cleanses are good for you is because these days we no longer eat healthy it's all about what taste the best. Sugars and Starches that are full of MSG which is a product that causes addiction and also causes you to be fat. I have read a book by Kevin Trudeau called "Natural cures they don't want you to know about." and also his second book called "More natural cures revealed" and I would highly recommend that you read it and see exactly how are government and FDA really work.  Because of all the unnatural things we put in our body we have to occasionally clear it all out. God never intended us to put these kinds of things in our bodies. 
 ;D blondierld

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #197 on: February 13, 2007, 08:13:15 AM »
There are now more than 400 known Toxic Substances in our environment that were not present before WW2, when world govs started researching the potential for chemical warfare, and pesticides and chemical fertalizers began to be used excessively. I don't imagine God designed our bodies to become overloaded with toxins in the way they are today. Things are not going as they did in Eden. I think it is amazing that we can even find a way (cleansing) to help our bodies rid themselves of this taxing burden of toxins. And since many people (myself included) are suffering health problems (that were not common a hundred years ago) that can be resolved through the removal of toxins and the rejuvinating of organs, it seems to bear the burden of antedotal proof for many individuals. I don't know about anyone else, but I have instinctively known there is something wrong with my body not functioning as it should since I was an older child. I have thanked the Lord for providing some answers to questions I couldn't figure out how to ask. Just my two cents.

Offline Farm Wife

• Adept
« Reply #198 on: February 13, 2007, 09:50:28 AM »
Speak of the devil... I have Kevin Trudeau's book "Natural Cures" updated version (which is same as his last book :P) which is what has sparked my quest. He is a nut case on many things which makes doubt other things he says. Search his name and there is a lot of people even holistic that doubt his claims and he offers no proof of most of his claims. There are several web sites dedicated to 300-3,000 complaints from individuals who bought his book? ???
I eat mostly natural, whole grains, some organics, no sugar, cut out fake sugars and a few other things and avoid packaged foods. We have  a dairy, drink raw milk and make our own dairy products meat and grow some other foods. I have been eating this way for years and just do not think I need to "cleanse" but according to him everyone should??? I have no heath problems except for sinus problems.
I do think some of these books a cashing in on scaring people to death and the Lord doesn't want us to fear.
I agree there are modern dangers and ailments but there is no proof that cleansing works and there are people damaging their health and worse from these treatments.  :'(

Ephesian 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God, Not of works lest any man should boast. :)

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #199 on: February 13, 2007, 10:00:49 AM »
there is no proof that cleansing works

How do you know that? There is antedotal evidence, at least, plus the hundreds of autistic children who have been helped by mercury chelation/cleansing, among many others, whose improvement and 'healing' has been well documented. But I am hoping I don't sound argumentive. I appreciate both sides being presented.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 10:08:12 AM by dara »

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #200 on: February 13, 2007, 11:16:35 AM »
This site says the stones you all are seeing from the cleanses are formed by the items you ingest and the order and have been ingested and were NOT stones.
I do not want to start a debate and I do think it is necessary to review carefully what health practices we follow. Everyone must understand their own bodies and the cleanse they are considering because every aspect of life involves risk... each must take personal responsibilty.
However if you want to search a bit more you will find that there are folks who have done this cleanse and had the stones analyzed at labs to confirm that they were gall stones and not simply oil and bile. I too was skeptical until on a different subject I found Quack Watch to be totally inaccurate. I then began to look harder on my own and found what I consider to be sufficient proof that the liver/gallbladder cleanse has indeed  flushed actual gallstones.
I do not want to convince anyone. Just wanted to state my opinion after having been at the same place as Susan is now.  ;D

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #201 on: February 13, 2007, 11:22:41 AM »
Hm, I know of people too who have had gallbladders removed and continued to have the same problems or worse.  Although some do feel better but they are never the same.  They still have to watch what they eat.  I guess I might want to try a cleanse b/f I had an organ removed from my body.  My two cents.  :)

Offline kamom

• Adept
« Reply #202 on: February 13, 2007, 11:28:47 AM »
  My sister's MIL saved some of her stones and they are indeed stones. Something that hard and stonelike could not develope from oil and bile.
  I personally have benifited from the liver flush after having gallstone symptoms and passing a bunch of stuff. I did not examine the results but was pain free after that. (Pain episodes would accure after fatty food meals etc.)
 I think the proof is in the pudding! ;)

Offline Farm Wife

• Adept
« Reply #203 on: February 13, 2007, 02:40:59 PM »
This site says the stones you all are seeing from the cleanses are formed by the items you ingest and the order and have been ingested and were NOT stones.
I do not want to start a debate and I do think it is necessary to review carefully what health practices we follow. Everyone must understand their own bodies and the cleanse they are considering because every aspect of life involves risk... each must take personal responsibilty.
However if you want to search a bit more you will find that there are folks who have done this cleanse and had the stones analyzed at labs to confirm that they were gall stones and not simply oil and bile. I too was skeptical until on a different subject I found Quack Watch to be totally inaccurate. I then began to look harder on my own and found what I consider to be sufficient proof that the liver/gallbladder cleanse has indeed  flushed actual gallstones.
I do not want to convince anyone. Just wanted to state my opinion after having been at the same place as Susan is now.  ;D

I never have been one to do something because everyone else is even if I trust the person. It seams so hard to pin down the "truth" about anything these days and there are two sides to this whole subject, which makes me think a little of both may be true? I also believe God who designed our bodies saw the future and toxins, isn't he all knowing? ;D I practice a lot of home remedies and am by no means a believer that Dr's. and hospitals are always right, but also don't believe ALL the conspiracy theories, again balance...
Anecdotal stories are just that... ??? I like studies when it comes to health (although they are wrong too!!) Quandry!!!
Susan

Offline Raquellynn

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #204 on: February 15, 2007, 03:46:38 PM »
Well I think that it is great that you are doing all the right things and eating the right foods, but not everyone does and in this day and age unless you live on a farm it is really hard to eat the right food. It has been proven thought that these cleanses and herbal remedies are working.  Many people I know do them and they are doing great. If the only problem you have is sinuses then you are obviously eating right and that's great.  I have a lot of problems that have stemmed from idiot Dr's who have nearly prescribe me things and I was stupid to take them, but now I am doing better because of Kevin Trudeau.  There are a lot of people out there that do support him and there are a lot of people out there that don't, but unless you try his remedies and see for yourself how can you judge him? Anything that comes out is going to have complaints by lots of people you just have to do what you think is right and try it before judging it (of course I mean only things like herbal remedies that aren't harmful to you).  God did see the future and that is why he put all of the remedies for us in our gardens.  He knew that we would really need them. If you remember God made man perfect so there wouldn't be any diseases so why then would he make those herbs if Adam and Eve didn't need them? He could see the future. If you are healthy and don't really have any problems then thats great and maybe you don't need the cleanses, but for most us who can't afford to buy all organic food and have to eat other things that aren't so healthy need to do them.  I sure wish that I lived on a farm, it would be great!

YoopreMama

« Reply #205 on: February 16, 2007, 05:12:48 PM »
I posted this on Oil-Pulling, but wanted to put it here, as it deals w/ detox/liver/skin rashes:
 Re: Oil-pulling, Anyone?
« Reply #85 on: Today at 10:08:55 PM » by YooperMama

Finally finding some encouraging stuff on detox/skin rashes: (sorry so lengthy) from:  http://www.webdeb.com/detox.htm

SKIN RASHES 
Returning to the symptoms which occur on a superior nutritional program, people who have had tendencies in the past to recurring skin rashes or eruptions will frequently tend to eliminate poisons and harmful drugs through the skin with new rashes or eruptions. If they go to a doctor now who is not familiar with this aspect of nutrition, he will diagnose it as an allergy.

They ask. "How come. I'm eating better now than I ever did before, and instead I'm getting worse?" They don't understand that the body is retracing.

The skin is getting more alive and active. It's throwing out more poisons more rapidly now that the body is building more power which is saved from those hard-to-ingest meals which have been discontinued.

TOXINS DISCARDED 
These toxins being discarded are saving you from more serious disease which will result if you keep them in your body too much longer - possibly hepatitis, kidney disorders, blood disease, heart disease, arthritis, nerve degenerations or even cancer - depending upon your hereditary or structural weaknesses. Be happy you're paying your bills now in an easy-payment plan.

MILD OR SEVERE SYMPTOMS 
You may he eating perfectly in regard to quantity, quality and observing all the correct rules, and still symptoms will occur. Those who have lived better lives in the past - who have eaten better foods and who have abused their bodies less with overeating will have reactions ranging from almost none at all or very mild symptoms which may be uncomfortable or acute.
Those who have lived worse lives and poisoned themselves more will experience more severe symptoms - if their liver, kidneys, or other important eliminating organs have been damaged. When they have been renovated to the point of fair working order, they will no longer produce symptoms.

EXAMPLES 
Headaches may occur at the beginning:
fever and/or colds may also appear:
the skin may break out;
there may be a short interval of bowel sluggishness,
occasional diarrhea.
feelings of tiredness and weakness,
disinclination to exercise,
nervousness, irritability, negativity or mental depression,
frequent urination etc.

However, the great majority of people find their reactions tolerable and are encouraged to bear with them, because of the many improvements which have already occurred and are becoming more evident with each day. This acts as an inspirational force to them.

SYMPTOMS WILL DIFFER 
The symptoms will vary according to the materials being discarded, the condition of the organs involved in the elimination and the amount of energy you have available. The more you rest and sleep when symptoms are present, the milder they are and the more quickly they are terminated. Be happy you are having symptoms.

YOUNGER AND HEALTHIER EVERY DAY 
Realize deeply that your body is becoming younger and healthier every day, because you are throwing off more and more wastes which would eventually have brought pain, disease and much suffering.

Those who have the worst symptom-reactions and follow through to their successful termination are thus avoiding some of the worst disease which would eventually have developed had they continued their careless eating habits.

CYCLICAL IMPROVEMENT 
Don't expect to go on an ascending scale of quality, that improving your diet will make you feel better and better each dax until you reach perfection. The body is cyclical in nature. and health returns in a series of gradually diminishing cycles.

For example: you start a better diet and for a while you feel much better. After some time, a symptom occurs - you feel nauseous for a day and have diarrhea with a foul-smelling stool. After one day you feel even better than before and it goes fine for awhile. Then you suddenly develop a cold, feel chills and lose your appetite. After about two or three days (assuming you don't take drugs or do anything else about it), you suddenly recover and feel better than you did for years.

Let us say this wellbeing continues for two months, when you suddenly develop an itch or rash. You don't take anything special for it. This rash flares up, gets worse and continues for ten days, and suddenly subsides. Immediately after this you find that your hepatica is gone and your energy has increased more than ever before. The rash became an outlet for the poisons in the liver which produced the hepatitis.

DOW JONES RECOVERY CYCLES 
This is how recovery occurs - like the cycles in the Dow-Jones Average at the beginning of a bull market recovery.

You feel better, a reaction occurs and you don't feel as well for a short while. You recover and go even higher. Then another reaction occurs, milder than the last. You recover and go even higher. And so it goes, each reaction milder than the last as the body becomes pure.
Each reaction becoming shorter in duration and being, followed by a longer period of feeling better than ever before, until you reach a level plateau of vibrant health.
Here you become relatively disease-free.

CONCLUSION 
We must learn to obey the laws of Nature. We must learn to eat simple pure and natural foods, properly prepared and combined, and our bodies in return will cast off all the poisons we have taken in during our lives.

The mysteries of the body, the operations of nature, the vital forces working in nature are far beyond what our minds are prepared to understand at present.
Every great physician or scientist who ever lived marvelled in awe and humility at the wonders of nature. Yes - we are "fearfully and wonderfully made."

(Stanley S. Bass, 1984)

P.S.  A heating pad feels really good on the itchy belly!   

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #206 on: February 17, 2007, 06:40:30 AM »
Pennie,
 Sorry, I don't realy have an answer for you. IMO it wouldn't be a good idea since children are still growing and need to get proper nutrients. Maybe some older wiser mon will have some insight.
  Interesting update from my DH   ;D ;D
 He went on to do 9 days of the MC. Then in the afternoon of the 9 day he decided that he wanted to eat! Well, he wouldn't listen to my advice about slowly easing into eating, broths etc. He wanted FOOD ;D so I cooked him some carrots, cabbage, onions and peas, flavored with olive oil and sea salt, which he ate with relish. Then I went out for groceries and while I was gone he finished a jar of peanuts that he found,this wasn't nearly full ::) ::)  When I got home he ate a big salad for supper :o :o
 I went to bed before he did and the next morning he told me he passed a whole bunch of green marbles :o :o He wondered if they were gall stones. I cannot figure out what happened that caused him to do this. This is the same stuff I passed on the liver flush, but he did not do the liver flush. One thing I do want to mention is that he had been using epsom salt to flush out in the morning, instead of sea salt. It worked just as well as far as flushing him out. I fill six capsules and he would wash it down with a HUGE glass of water.
  Has anyone else had these results from the MC??  By the way ending his cleanse with all those veggies didn't seem so bad after all. If thats what caused the gallbladder cleanse! :D :D
The peanuts are full of fats, and if he'd been doing epsom salts, his biliary ducts were relaxed and open any way. He did a liver flush with the peanuts! LOL - good for him!

How is he feeling today? Make sure he takes lots of probiotics, and still continues with lots of liquids. Once the body begins detoxing, it likes to continue, even if it is at a slower rate. If he quits drinking water now, he'll get sick as the moving toxins will pile up instead of passing through.

Rebekah
Does this mean I could do a liver flush with peanut butter instead of olive oil.   ;D  (hopeful).
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #207 on: February 17, 2007, 07:09:12 AM »
Probably. It might be a little harder on your digestive tract, but it would probably work if you do it with the Epsom salts and grapefruit juice. Let us know if it does! ;D
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline Maria/NHM

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #208 on: February 17, 2007, 07:13:53 AM »
I've been thinking about doing a cleanse with cream. I saw a recipe on curezone. I'm starting to associate the smell of olive oil with the nausea of cleansing and just the smell makes me gag. Anyone else tried different fats?
My Blog
http://naturallyhealthymommy.blogspot.com/
Learning and sharing about nutrition and herbs
My user name used to be Ella :)

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #209 on: February 24, 2007, 06:28:32 AM »
So how many of you have done this w/o zapping the parasites first? And did it make you sick?  AND would taking garlic do the job or would you need to buy a parasite cleanse?  Which then I guess you would have to wait to stop breastfeeding for.  I'm really anxious do cleanse my liver/gallbladder. I am wondering if that is behing my overweight issues.