Author Topic: 5 months post partum  (Read 2982 times)

Offline CountyCork

• Master
5 months post partum
« on: June 28, 2007, 11:02:18 AM »
I have a five month old baby, he's my 6th child.  It seems like with each baby, I have the typical hair fall out around month 3 or so (it's slowed down now) and not much else.  But I have had one consistent symptom/trouble and it's happening right now.  Each time, I've wondered if I am pregnant, but am not.  I don't cycle til I wean completely.  My symptoms are tiredness, light headedness, and just general feelings of strange unwellness.  I am very healthy, good weight, decent nutrition, nursing exclusively, etc.  I just turned 40.  It seems these symptoms pass after a week or two, but I wonder what causes them.  Is there an estrogen drop related to the hair loss and body getting back to normal?  I have all winter babies, so I get this in the summer, and have often wondered if it's related to water intake - I need lots with nursing and hot weather.  Any ideas, friends?  Thanks!

Offline kcb

• Adept
Re: 5 months post partum
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 11:11:23 AM »
The hair loss is definitely hormone related.  I don't remember which hormone, but one of the hormones that keeps the pregnancy going also prevents hair loss.  So when that hormone diminishes after birth or after weaning, the excess hair falls out naturally.  It can be quite disconcerting!  But it is just getting back to normal.  I don't know about what causes the other feelings you have.

Offline CountyCork

• Master
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 11:15:17 AM »
Thanks!  I actually like the hair loss because (don't hate me) I have tons of thick curly hair.  So, especially in summer, I look forward to the "rat" in my shower drain.

cecac

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 11:17:04 AM »
Could it be anemia?  What about adrenal fatigue? 

I know when I nursed (and subsuquently lost sleep) I was tired a lot.  I suspect that iron was low at times. 

just some thoughts,
Cara

Offline herbs girl

• Master
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 11:28:30 AM »
Ive had hair falling out really bad before more than once.  Try SuperMoms. After I started taking those,  MY hair is growing back thick and my nails are harder and more unbreak-able than they have ever been in my life!  I switched to Now special 2 with green superfoods vitamins (but there the same thing as Supermom)   Do you take supermoms?

Offline CountyCork

• Master
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 11:39:30 AM »
I think God is telling me something, because I keep hearing about supermoms and wondering if it would be good for me.  Where do I get info about ingredients, price, etc?

Offline Kansas Girl

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 11:43:10 AM »
having a baby" border="0

Offline kcb

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 03:48:19 AM »
SuperMoms are wonderful!  (Is this off the subject for the thread??)  I started taking them with my current pregnancy (my 4th), and I have never been so energetic during a pregnancy!  I rarely have to nap, I'm doing lots of projects and activities, and I'm still fine at bedtime.  I doubt I'll ever give them up.

Offline CountyCork

• Master
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 05:06:12 AM »
No, not totally off the thread.  I'm just experiencing some strange post partum stuff at 5 months and wondering what's up.  Had a great day full of energy yesterday.  The more I look back, the more I think it's just a hormone shift and is short-lived.  But I keep hearing good things about Supermom so I'm going to investigate and talk to hubby.  Glad you're feeling good during preg - that is a thing to be truly thankful for!