Author Topic: Do the Master Cleanse with Me: Daily Log & Chat for Encouragement  (Read 95586 times)

Offline OneMaster

• Adept
Re: Do the Master Cleanse with Me: Daily Log & Chat for Encouragement
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2007, 09:28:27 AM »
This is Day 5 for us, and I have to keep reminding myself that I claimed I was not doing this as a weight loss diet  :-\  But I admit, losing only 0.2lb. during the last day when my husband is steadily losing about 2lb./day is a little frustrating!  And his tongue is all yucky white, but mine is just pale. (Not that I am complaining about that!)

My husband has been pretty sure for months now that I need to exercise to lose weight and that it has little to do with my eating (since I have been eating pretty well).  I thought it was both, but I am thinking the exercise is going to be more important in my case.

Keep on keepin' on, Pennie!  It is so nice knowing that someone else is out there diong this at the same time!  :)
"I am your sunny day, Mama!" Joey, age 2.

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2007, 09:47:50 AM »
This is Day 5 for us, and I have to keep reminding myself that I claimed I was not doing this as a weight loss diet  :-\  But I admit, losing only 0.2lb. during the last day when my husband is steadily losing about 2lb./day is a little frustrating!  And his tongue is all yucky white, but mine is just pale. (Not that I am complaining about that!)

My husband has been pretty sure for months now that I need to exercise to lose weight and that it has little to do with my eating (since I have been eating pretty well).  I thought it was both, but I am thinking the exercise is going to be more important in my case.

Keep on keepin' on, Pennie!  It is so nice knowing that someone else is out there diong this at the same time!  :)
You know I think the swishing made my tongue look pinker.  However, I am like you mine is just kinda pale white. It never has gotten way yucky.  My husband says he hasn't noticed any ordors.  But I still didn't get to close to people Sunday and I kept my mouth closed alot.  :)  I have also been doing salt water for....well, seems like forever so maybe that has helped symptoms.  I did do OIP/HF and BWO+ yesterday.  I did lay around for about an hour after that.   ::)

I hit post but I wasn't finished.   :D  I got permission from my husband to go ahead and go thru the weekend.  Since we have plans Sat night and Sunday is a busy day I don't want anything "weird" to start happening while I am not at home.  So I will stay on it thru Monday but I may just do water on SAT and SUN unless I still have lemons and syrup.  If not I will just do water. 

MorningGlory, I can't answer many of your ? but I think you could do nothing to sweeten or stevia or BS molasses.  I am still reading thru this thread.  I am still have several pages but it looks like people have done lots of variations with it.  Good luck!! :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 09:51:28 AM by Pennie »

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2007, 06:35:49 AM »
Eventually, I hope to split all replies related to this thread off from the original Master Cleanse thread and put them here.  In the meantime, please feel free to continue your daily reports and experiences while cleansing in this thread.

;D
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline OneMaster

• Adept
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2007, 12:55:26 PM »
Today is Day 6 for us.  Everything is going well.  My husband and I plan to start breaking our fast tomorrow.  I know it is not the full 10 days, but we want to be back to "normal" before traveling to see family this weekend.  My tongue is pink and neither of us have really experienced any "detox" symptoms other than my hubby having a headache one night.  The cayenne pills upset my stomach, but time and more lemonade settles it right down.

I really did not believe that we would have enough energy and be able to pull this whole thing off for this long!  But while doing this cleanse, my husband has continued to work and comes home and does many projects here.  While "fasting," we have been able to keep up with normal life, as well as butcher and package up 49 chickens (that are now in the freezer -- can't wait to see how they taste!), clean an entire truck load of trash from around the property, fully clean the garage out, clean out our entire water system (tanks and pipes), run errands in town, and make 3 batches of strawberry jam and freeze a bunch more. :)  I tell you all that to encourage you that life doesn't have to stop.  You really can have the energy!

And today my nine year old was teasing me by waving chocolate from the pantry in front of my face (sweet, isn't he?) but I was amazed to discover it didn't even sound good to me!  Wow!  Who knows how long that will last, though.  ;)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2007, 03:08:36 AM »
The cayenne pills upset my stomach
You really should consider putting the pepper in your lemonade as suggested.  It really doesn't taste all that bad and it should help prevent stomach upset.

Read this thread for more info.

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,7895.msg82651.html#msg82651
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline OneMaster

• Adept
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2007, 07:02:18 AM »
Thanks, HB,

We did do the cayenne in the lemonade some, but it was really nice to have a break and truly enjoy the lemonade.  It was do-able with the cayenne in it, but... :-\  We wondered if the cayenne was more effective having contact with the mouth, throat, etc.  Hmmmm.....

Well, I am just finishing up my last of the salt water :P  I WILL NOT miss that!  Today is the 7th day, and we are going to break the fast.  I only lost about 7 lbs. but my husband lost 14+ lbs!  Most of mine will come back quickly, I am sure, but there was a lot learned through the fast, and I hope this will give me a boost in my self discipline, too.

How is it going, Pennie?  Where are you at with the MC?

YoopreMama

« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2007, 07:42:12 AM »
Thanks, HB,
We did do the cayenne in the lemonade some, but it was really nice to have a break and truly enjoy the lemonade.  It was do-able with the cayenne in it, but... :-\ 
An option for some is to put the cayenne in the last drink or 2 of the lemonade OR put it in a shot glass w/ some lemonade, down it, then chase it w/ the rest of the lemonade.

And 7#s lost is still 7#s pounds of WASTE gone!   ;D

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2007, 09:26:54 AM »

How is it going, Pennie?  Where are you at with the MC?
Well, are ya ready for a big WHINE fest?  K, I feel fine BUT.......
My face has more blemishes now than when I starte and seeing as how I am on day 9, it seems it should be clearing up pretty good.  Here's how it went
DAY 1 - lost 2 1/2 pounds
DAY 2 - 1/2 pound
DAY 3 - 1 pound
DAY 4 - 1/2 pound
DAY 5 -  1 1/2 pounds
DAY 6 - GAINED 1/2 pound
DAY 7 - lost 1 pound
DAY 8 - gained that pound BACK.
So needless to say I'm pretty bummed b/c the minute I put food back in my mouth here comes those five pounds back.  I would like to quit b/c I am not getting the results I want but I'm kinda stubborn so I will probly just stick it out thru the weekend anyway.  I just don't get it though.  I did lessen my syrup by another two tablespoons this morning.  Sounds like you guys did great for the time you were on it.   ;D  Congrats on making it thru the 7 days.  :)

Offline Ardsgrrrl

• Learning
    • Ard Freedom Project
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2007, 10:42:21 AM »
     Well, I have enjoyed reading about everyone's experiences. It has been thoroughly informative. I am starting the MC on Monday. :-\ I REALLY need to do this! I am hoping it will improve some of the hormonal and gastrointestinal issues I am experiencing. I am close to 99% positive that I am experiencing candidiasis, due to many of the symptoms I am presenting with.  I did have one clarifying question. Yeast cleanse before or after MC?

So, here goes...
Proud helpmeet of an United States Air Force officer!

Continually striving for excellence as defined in Proverbs 31!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2007, 04:50:33 AM »
I did have one clarifying question. Yeast cleanse before or after MC?
There's much discussion on this type of thing in this thread.

The Master Cleanse
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Mom2four

• Adept
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2007, 03:28:42 PM »
Well, I am at the end of Day 2 of the cleanse.  I have not been doing that much salt water.  I took a salt capsule today with 1 quart of plain water and I have been drinking a little over 2 quarts of lemonade a day, with the cayenne, for the past two days.  I feel good.  I have had a slight headache, which I attribute to lack of caffeine.  My lower back and hips are aching a little and I don't know if it has to do with the cleanse or not.  I am pretty tired in the afternoon and have been lying down for about an hour, but otherwise I really have a normal amount of energy.  I don't feel hungry at all, which is good, but I don't know how much I am really cleansing either.  I really don't feel like I am going to the bathroom that much.  Anyway, I will see how it goes for the next few days.

Offline Mom2four

• Adept
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2007, 02:32:05 AM »
OK, I am on Day 3 and I really don't feel like I am eliminating much at all.  I have to pee a lot, but not anything else.  I just drank the salt water before I sat down at the computer -- NASTY!!  I held my nose and drank down the salt in a little water and now I am drinking the rest of the quart.  I just feel sick when I put the salt in all of the water.  I did not do the flush the first day and I only took a salt capsule yesterday, so maybe that is why I haven't eliminated much.  We will see today I guess.  Is 2 quarts of lemonade enough?  I don't feel hungry, I am not a big eater anyway, so I have been drinking it just when I normally eat and trying to drink water in between to stay hydrated.

I had to take my husband to the ER in the middle of the night because he has really bad bronchitis that he hasn't been treating well, and in the middle of the night he woke up and couldn't breathe - like an asthma attack.  Scary.  So, that kind of threw me off and now this morning I feel shaky -- I am going to need encouragement today ladies!!  Is anyone else out there cleansing this week?????  I have never done anything like this before, and I have read all the posts over the past few months, mentally preparing myself.  I just keep hoping it is really good for my body (I know it is, but I am nervous) -- I don't have any weight to lose and I am kind of afraid I will look like a skeleton when I am done.  I talked with my naturopath about it, and she thought it was a good idea since I have never done a cleanse.  She didn't think I would lose more than a few pounds of fluid and would probably gain that right back when I started eating.

Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble, I am a little shaken up this morning and I hope I will make it without eating today.  Somehow, I think this is going to be my "hump" and if I make it today, I will be ok until next Monday!!

Offline diaperswyper

• Adept
  • A DOUBLE BLESSING!!
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2007, 02:37:08 AM »
    Hang in there. Yes, the salt water is what made me "eliminate." Couldn't leave the house for an hour or 2.
   If you don't want to lose weight, make sure you drink plenty of lemonade with plenty of maple syrup in it.
   You can do it!

Offline Ardsgrrrl

• Learning
    • Ard Freedom Project
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2007, 01:55:03 PM »
Is anyone else out there cleansing this week?????  I have never done anything like this before, and I have read all the posts over the past few months, mentally preparing myself. 
     I am starting the Master Cleanse tomorrow (Monday). This will also be my first experience with anything of the sort. So, I am kinda nervous about what it will make me feel like. Guess, I'll let you know! :P

Offline Ardsgrrrl

• Learning
    • Ard Freedom Project
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2007, 01:55:55 PM »
I did have one clarifying question. Yeast cleanse before or after MC?
There's much discussion on this type of thing in this thread.

The Master Cleanse

Thanks HB!

Offline Mom2four

• Adept
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2007, 02:21:03 AM »
Well, Day 3 down!!!  I am about to go do my salt water flush and then get started on Day 4.  I still feel good, but I am still a little tired.  I don't feel like my energy is dragging necessarily, I will be fine and able to do normal things, but then all of a sudden I am sleepy and want to take a nap.  I do not nap during the day, so that is why I can tell such a difference.  But, when I am out and about with normal activities, I am fine.  I am having some lower back pain also, but I think maybe I have pulled something and it is unrelated to the cleanse.  It is hard to tell, because when symptoms pop up, I wonder if they are detox or something else.  My back and upper thighs have been achy, but that seems better so far this morning.  My caffeine headache is totally gone now, so that is a wonderful praise.  I will feel good about not being addicted to caffeine anymore, if nothing else.  The bad thing is, I like coffee, so I will probably drink it again when I am done, and then my body will become accustomed to it again.  Oh well. 

Ardsgrrrl, let us know how you are feeling today!!  ;)

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2007, 03:41:09 AM »
Well. I'm done.  I did 12 days.  Day 12 was only water though b/c I was out of lemons.  I lost 10 pounds.  Had really hoped for more but I think I kow why.  I think I drank too much of the lemonade.  I did use 1/2 the amount of syrup but maybe since I wanted to lose more weight I should have only drank the 6 glasses instead of the 8-10.  That's my theory anyway.  I am fitting in some of my smaller clothes so it was worth it.  :)  I started on orange juice today.   I probly don't have enough oranges for two days worth so I will drink what I have and then probly go on to the vegetable soup.  I really don't think my tastes have been reset though. Maybe b/c I didn't do it long enough but I was pretty weak yesterday.  Fortunately we had planned sandwiches for lunch and then I went and slept all afternoon so I made it thru the day.   :)  I did think about food alot yesterday.  Anyway, not something I want to do again anytime soon but it was good.  The patch on my arm never went completely away and I did start to break out on my chest yesterday so I do think it was the syrup that kept that from happening b/c anytime I have ever done a water fast that happens relatively soon in the fast and this time it didn't happen until yesterday when I had just water.  So......that's my update.  Oh, and don't throw tomatoes at me but I did continue nursing.  THE REASON is b/c she is 16 mon. and only nurses 3 to 4 times a day and mostly for comfort.  That isn't her main scource of nutrition now.  It didn't seem to bother her at all and I had the energy I needed even while nursing. 

Offline CountyCork

• Master
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2007, 04:25:08 AM »
I've been reading through the MC posts and am confused.  I thought MC was for health benefits, not a weight loss option.  Any weight loss is going to be primarily water, and much will come back on after normal eating resumes.  Losing weight from MC does not do anything for the metabolism, and mentally it does nothing for the majority of us who have issues with eating.  It doesn't teach you how to eat healthy, small portions.  It doesn't teach you to exercise.  It's no different in many ways to all the other "miracle" diets where you drink this or take this and lose weight, only to gain it all back after you are faced wtih eating in the real world.
I know people who have done the MC for major health issues, but have only really heard of foolish, skinny celebrities doing it for weight loss. 
Has anyone out there done the MC, lost weight, went back to eating, kept the weight off, continued to diet and become a healthy, fit person?  I would be curious to know of a success story like that.
Not trying to condemn you, my sisters!  I am 5'7" and at my peak was 220.  A year ago I was finally back to 140 after 5 kids and being overweight all my adult life (since high school).  I am now trying to lose the last 10 again from baby #6.  I've done every diet under the sun!  Only through "calories in, calories out" am I finally able to lose it and keep it off.  I know what I can burn in a day, and I don't eat more than that.  I write down everything I eat.  It's all about self control for me.  I bake and have treats for hubby and kids, but I say no, or have a small amount.  It's a battle I will continue to fight until I get my perfect body in heaven! 
I am just concerned for the people who are hoping to have lasting and healthy weight loss results with either fasting or cleansing.  So let me know if any of you are happy weeks and months later, and are keeping the weight off.

Offline Ardsgrrrl

• Learning
    • Ard Freedom Project
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2007, 04:37:52 AM »
Well. I'm done.  I did 12 days. 
     Congratulations, Pennie. You did a great job! Hopefully, I will be able to keep up with daily posts and have positive results. Although I am not really interested in the weight loss, I am going on the MC to help with infertility issues.Hhopefully, purging all of the toxins from my body will help to regulate my hormone imbalances and help with my PCOS. I am definitely praying that it will help, but even if it doesn't, I will know that I am at least healthier coming out of it than going in. We shall see...

Thanks for sharing your experiences. :)

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2007, 04:56:21 AM »
     Congratulations, Pennie. You did a great job! Hopefully, I will be able to keep up with daily posts and have positive results. Although I am not really interested in the weight loss, I am going on the MC to help with infertility issues.Hhopefully, purging all of the toxins from my body will help to regulate my hormone imbalances and help with my PCOS. I am definitely praying that it will help, but even if it doesn't, I will know that I am at least healthier coming out of it than going in. We shall see...

Thanks!  I hope this works for you in the way you want too!!  I know atleast 3 ladies with PCOS and I have tried to share info with them, but no one is really interested in a diet change.  Have you heard of Doug Kauffmans book.  I am pretty sure the title is Infertility and healthy Pregnancy.  It addresses PCOS and might be helpful to you.  Good "luck"  :)

Offline Ardsgrrrl

• Learning
    • Ard Freedom Project
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2007, 05:11:00 AM »
I've been reading through the MC posts and am confused.  I thought MC was for health benefits, not a weight loss option.  Any weight loss is going to be primarily water, and much will come back on after normal eating resumes.  Losing weight from MC does not do anything for the metabolism, and mentally it does nothing for the majority of us who have issues with eating.  It doesn't teach you how to eat healthy, small portions.  It doesn't teach you to exercise.  It's no different in many ways to all the other "miracle" diets where you drink this or take this and lose weight, only to gain it all back after you are faced wtih eating in the real world.

You are correct, IMO, jillymom. In my research and studying of the MC, it was originally intended for healing and cleansing - not weight loss. (Anyone, please correct me, if I am mistaken. ???) Although, weight loss is a residual effect of the MC, it IS mostly water and toxin loss. I, too, do not condemn those who complete the MC for weight loss. However, even in the medical field, we are taught that purging your body intermittently for weight loss, while maintaining your normal diet, is not healthy practice. Your body is being bounced back and forth between healthy and unhealthy states, causing confusion within. (I am attempting to simplify the terminology and thought process for non-medical practitioners here. :-\) Your best bet for achieving and maintaining weight loss is to adopt a God-given, natural diet - for which He has provided many guidelines and products. All you have to do, is find them and use them! :)

Common sense (at least, in MY brain ;D :D) would tell me that, if I resume my original diet wihtout making any changes, I WILL gain that weight back (and maybe a few pounds more). The key to keeping the weight off would be to convert your diet to a stricter, healthier one than you were on before the Master Cleanse.

I know, this probably sounds weird coming from a RN (who is still in practice :-[), but I think my experiences with the medical field and its "knowledge and technology" have steered me to even more closely embrace the things my mother taught me growing up, in regards to natural medicine. Nature can be, and is, the best teacher, after all. Surely, nature knows far more than any and all of the medical profession, because God ordained it, regardless of how close to the Divine they may think they are. After all, if they would but study nature more closely and learn what God has to offer, they might just find the answers—the simple answers that have been there all the time—that really works and simply works. Fast.

Here is what was listed in The Master Cleanser as the diet's purpose...

Purpose:
~To dissolve and eliminate toxins and congestion that have formed in any part of the body.
~To cleanse the kidneys and the digestive system.
~To purify the glands and cells throughout the entire body.
~To eliminate all unusable waste and hardened material in the joints and muscles.
~To relieve pressure and irritation in the nerves, arteries, and blood vessels.
~To build a healthy blood stream.
~To keep youth and elasticity regardless of our years.

Offline Ardsgrrrl

• Learning
    • Ard Freedom Project
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2007, 05:12:27 AM »

Thanks!  I hope this works for you in the way you want too!!  I know atleast 3 ladies with PCOS and I have tried to share info with them, but no one is really interested in a diet change.  Have you heard of Doug Kauffmans book.  I am pretty sure the title is Infertility and healthy Pregnancy.  It addresses PCOS and might be helpful to you.  Good "luck"  :)

Yes, Pennie, I actually already have that book! :) And any other advice you have would be most welcome...

Thanks! ;D

Offline Ardsgrrrl

• Learning
    • Ard Freedom Project
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2007, 05:16:13 AM »

Oh...and the correct title, in case anyone else is trying to find it is... Maximum Fertility, Healthy Pregnancy by Doug A. Kauffman & Chris Nygaard

Offline Ardsgrrrl

• Learning
    • Ard Freedom Project
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2007, 05:30:09 AM »
     I am partially into the day on Day 1 of the MC. My experiences so far...
1. The salt water flush is GHASTLY! :-X :P I had a really hard time getting this down without vomitting. It took me around 25 minutes to get it down, instead of the suggested 15.

2. Elimination has been nothing but liquid since this morning. :-[ Eeew!

3. The lemonade concoction is pleasant to drink. It burns my throat slightly, due to the cayenne pepper. BUT, it helped to calm my stomach down after the salt water.

4. I do not feel hungry at all! In fact, the thought of having to drink yet another glass is very unappetizing, at the moment.

Further updates to follow this evening...

Offline Sunshine06

• Psalm 115
  • Adept
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2007, 07:56:48 AM »
     I am partially into the day on Day 1 of the MC. My experiences so far...
1. The salt water flush is GHASTLY! :-X :P I had a really hard time getting this down without vomitting. It took me around 25 minutes to get it down, instead of the suggested 15.

Isn't the salt water flush horrible? ;) Good news is that it DOES actually get better/easier to do. Not that I ever really enjoyed it or anything, but after another time or two, you shouldn't have the urge to vomit. Keep up the good work!
Non nobis, non nobis, Domine, sed nomini tuo da gloriam.
Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us, but unto Thy name give glory.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2007, 10:36:12 AM »
I know people who have done the MC for major health issues, but have only really heard of foolish, skinny celebrities doing it for weight loss. 
Has anyone out there done the MC, lost weight, went back to eating, kept the weight off, continued to diet and become a healthy, fit person?  I would be curious to know of a success story like that.
Not trying to condemn you, my sisters!  I am 5'7" and at my peak was 220.  A year ago I was finally back to 140 after 5 kids and being overweight all my adult life (since high school).  I am now trying to lose the last 10 again from baby #6.  I've done every diet under the sun!  Only through "calories in, calories out" am I finally able to lose it and keep it off.  I know what I can burn in a day, and I don't eat more than that.  I write down everything I eat.  It's all about self control for me.  I bake and have treats for hubby and kids, but I say no, or have a small amount.  It's a battle I will continue to fight until I get my perfect body in heaven! 
I am just concerned for the people who are hoping to have lasting and healthy weight loss results with either fasting or cleansing.  So let me know if any of you are happy weeks and months later, and are keeping the weight off.
Thank you for your thoughts on this, but this thread is not for discusiing the pros and cons of this fast,, it's for members to encourage each other and report their progress through the fast.

Thanks for understanding.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Mom2four

• Adept
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2007, 11:18:18 AM »
OK, I am almost done with Day 4!  I feel like I am through another day because even though it is only 5 pm, we have evening plans which will keep me out of the house and not thinking of eating -- and the kids have already eaten, so I don't have to prepare a meal tonight.   :D  I am really appalled at myself for being this concerned with food, because really, I am not a big eater at all - my husband always scolds me for forgetting to eat during the day.  I am not hungry at all, but I have realized the past few days just how much my life revolves around our next meal.  I'm still pondering whether or not that is a good thing!  :o

Anyway, I did have more elimination today and my back ache and aches in my thighs is pretty much gone as the day goes on.  I feel a tightness in my stomach, like gassy bubbles rolling around.  Sorry to be graphic.  I feel like I am starting to feel better today, rather than slugglish and flu-like.  Maybe that means that I have gotten some toxins out.  I have lost several pounds, and I know to some people that sounds good, but I really did not do this to lose weight, I don't have any to lose.  So, I am one of the rare ones, who actually hopes I gain back what I lose during this.  I am doing it strictly for health reasons, though I totally understand someone wanting to do it to lose weight.  I am hoping to balance out some hormone issues and just to do a general cleanse because I have never done any time of fasting before (other than short fasts for spiritual reasons).

Anyway, overall it is going well, but I am really craving something solid.  I am not craving anything bad, just good stuff - like salad, homeade salsa, steamed rice and veggies.....  OK, this is not a good discussion for this thread, so I will stop now!!  Hang in there everyone!!

Offline Ardsgrrrl

• Learning
    • Ard Freedom Project
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2007, 04:40:21 PM »
     Well, I have completed Day 1 successfully. Yea! I am NOT looking forward to the salt water in the morning. :-X I am already dreading it. I was not hungry at all, and had no problem cooking for dh tonight. Even though I made my favorite - salmon - it didn't even smell good to me. Which was really surprising and caught me off guard.

My tongue is turning very pale. I have a metallic taste in my mouth now. I suppose this is related to the cleansing. Beginning to ache in my upper arms and upper back...My vision keeps doing weird things too - it gets fuzzy intermittently. BUT, other than those things mentioned no issues.
     Going to bed now because I am very tired! Good work, Mom2four! I am right behind you! :)

Offline Mom2four

• Adept
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2007, 10:31:19 AM »
Day 5 down!  I hate wishing a whole week away, but I am really ready to be done with this.  Truly, it isn't so bad, I am not hungry and I have no real cravings and today I don't even want something solid so badly.  Who knows, by Sunday, I may just be over food!!  :o

I am truly amazed at the way our bodies work though.  I can tell from my aches what part of my body is cleansing, it is really cool.  My toungue is still a little white.  My back ache is completely gone (that was the worst) and now today I have the feeling of having a "knot" in my stomach.  Right between my rib cage I feel like I have a big bubble.  I can kind of feel things rolling around a little.  Not a stomach ache, just that feeling.  I don't know what that is really, maybe just things dumping into my "gut" for elimination.

My face broke out just a little, and it is clearing up.  I am really starting to feel good.  I still have not had a whole lot of elimination, at least not like I expected.  I definitely only go to the bathroom once a day, first thing in the morning after the salt water flush.  Of course, I pee a lot from all of the water, but I guess I was expecting to spend the week in the bathroom.  It is nice not to, but I hope I am still  "cleaning out."

I think I have lost about 5 pounds, I don't think my scales are very accurate, so I got on at the grocery store last night, and based on what I think I weighed when I started, it looks like about 5 pounds.

Offline Ardsgrrrl

• Learning
    • Ard Freedom Project
« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2007, 05:20:03 PM »
     Day 2 is now complete for me. I think, I must be starting to hit the rough spots. My courage has intermittently begun to fail me a couple times this evening, but I continue to remind myself that I am doing this to make my body healthy enough to have a baby (Lord willing). That helps bring me back around in my thought process.

Not really hungry at all today. I made DH a fabulous meal of baked chicken, twice baked potato, green beans, and homemade bread. It's really weird... While cooking his meals, I don't have the hunger pains or the cravings. But, the smells tell me that it tastes really good, and THAT is what makes me want to eat it. Not that I am hungry or craving food... Just that I can't have it, and I know it tastes good! ::) lol

Anyways, I guess that is what has surprised me the most...that I am not really hungry for food. And, if I do feel like I am beginning to get hungry, it's usually time to have another glass of lemon drink or water.

As far as physical signs and symptoms today...
* My tongue is definitely white now - except for about an inch of the tip, and it is nice and red. :P
* I am starting to get twinges of a slight headache in the occipital area.
* I definitely do not have Mom2four's problem with elimination! :P In fact, I think I would welcome that problem. ;D It hasn't been until between noon and 1400 that my trips to the bathroom have slowed down enough for me to venture away from the house both days.
* Later this afternoon, I began to ache in my joints. And, now, at 2300, I am really aching pretty bad. :( It is mostly in my neck, shoulders, lumbar back, and knees. But, it hurts just as bad as when you have a nasty case of the flu.
* My energy levels are definitely lagging, especially tonight. I feel pretty weak.

All in all, I guess that's not too bad, considering I am purging all the toxins that my body is used to being there! :-\ Good job, Mom2four, with Day 5...keep it up!! ;D