Author Topic: Do the Master Cleanse with Me: Daily Log & Chat for Encouragement  (Read 93820 times)

Offline larissakissa

• Adept
Re: Do the Master Cleanse with Me: Daily Log & Chat for Encouragement
« Reply #300 on: January 08, 2010, 08:00:11 AM »
Nope, I was not hot.  Just very dizzy and very nauseous. I feel ok now.  I do have a headache (not too much) since the day I started.  I always get migraines when I don't eat so I knew I would get them.  The first day it got pretty bad so I had to take an Excedrin for migraines.  It did take the pain away but I could still feel it somewhere in the back of my head.  Day 2 was the same.  Headache was still there but it got a  lot worse in the afternoon so I took another Excedrin.  I know that if I don't take something it will become a full blown migraine that will get worse and worse. (probably until my head explodes)  When I did my 1st MC I had the same problem and took Excedrin for the first 3-4 days without any problems.  I hope it's safe to take it while on MC.

Offline thus_I_fight

• Adept
    • My xanga page
« Reply #301 on: January 13, 2010, 06:43:49 PM »
Day 9--no more "oops"es.  Have felt fine, no real detox symptoms except for a yucky mouth.  Had energy, exercising, all good.  Then, yesterday, I started feeling weaker and started getting worn out more easily.  Tonight when I did my exercise I had to stop sooner--I feel weak and dizzy.  Could be more detox symptoms, could be I've not had enough fluids.  I don't know.  I was going to continue until Friday, but I'm going to stop a day early and start easing into eating tomorrow, since we'll be traveling over the weekend.

9 days master cleanse, with one oops evening.
10 lbs. weight loss.

Was planning to re-start on Monday, after we get home.  But, considering the way I feel right now, maybe I need to re-build my nutritional stores first.
"I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.  The LORD God is my strength, He will make my feet like deer's feet, and He will make me walk on my high hills." Habakkuk 3:19

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #302 on: January 14, 2010, 12:07:14 PM »
Good for you!

Offline beckyoto

• Learning
« Reply #303 on: April 08, 2011, 05:14:31 PM »
Hi there,

Have any of you who have done the Master cleanse had burps and heartburn?  I am on day 8 and these symptoms started yesterday.  I know my liver is in bad shape so maybe this is detox? Ugh, quite uncomfortable.  I keep sipping on water but that doesn't seem to be helping much.

Anyone experience this?
Becky

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #304 on: April 16, 2011, 08:07:05 AM »
Help, please.  I'm on day two of my first MC, and I am very confused.  Aside from a slightly white tongue and feeling cold, I haven't had any detox symptoms so far. 
I am a bit of a purist, so I am doing the original cleanse:  1 liter salt water flush every morning, 6 glasses of the fresh lemon/real maple syrup/cayenne/filtered water drink throughout the day, and 2 tablets of Senokot each night.  Nothing else. 
I am not achey or unreasonably hungry, and my urine and morning bowel movements are already clear, except for a yellow bile tint in the BMs.  I generally eat well, but I'm sure I must have toxins - especially because I just had a TD shot.  (It was mandatory for a program I am entering, or I wouldn't have done it.)  So, does all the miraculous stuff happen after a few days?  When do I start seeing the results everyone talks about? 

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #305 on: April 16, 2011, 06:11:44 PM »
Hi there,

Have any of you who have done the Master cleanse had burps and heartburn?  I am on day 8 and these symptoms started yesterday.  I know my liver is in bad shape so maybe this is detox? Ugh, quite uncomfortable.  I keep sipping on water but that doesn't seem to be helping much.

Anyone experience this?
Becky

I did not experience this.  Sorry I can't help.

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #306 on: April 16, 2011, 06:14:05 PM »
Help, please.  I'm on day two of my first MC, and I am very confused.  Aside from a slightly white tongue and feeling cold, I haven't had any detox symptoms so far. 
I am a bit of a purist, so I am doing the original cleanse:  1 liter salt water flush every morning, 6 glasses of the fresh lemon/real maple syrup/cayenne/filtered water drink throughout the day, and 2 tablets of Senokot each night.  Nothing else. 
I am not achey or unreasonably hungry, and my urine and morning bowel movements are already clear, except for a yellow bile tint in the BMs.  I generally eat well, but I'm sure I must have toxins - especially because I just had a TD shot.  (It was mandatory for a program I am entering, or I wouldn't have done it.)  So, does all the miraculous stuff happen after a few days?  When do I start seeing the results everyone talks about? 
You may just be tough.  :) It all sounds pretty normal, although most people don't have the discipline to say the hunger is reasonable.  :D

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #307 on: April 19, 2011, 04:26:14 PM »
Thanks, I like that answer!  Still going strong at the end of Day 5.   ;)

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #308 on: April 21, 2011, 11:12:16 AM »
Uh-oh, I feel really sick today.  (Day 7)  I don't think it's related to the cleanse because my kids are just getting over a stomach bug.  I'm really struggling to get the drinks down, and I'm feeling so lazy and sleepy.   My husband is worried about me.   :-\  I am not ready to give up yet, but if I can't stay hydrated I may have to.   I am going to try a Tummy Tune Up to settle my stomach, but please pray for me if you read this.  If I fail this time, I'll never get my husband's blessing to try it again.  Ant advice would be great, too.  Thanks!

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #309 on: April 21, 2011, 12:33:13 PM »
Ok, I am really worried now.  My arms and legs are tingling and my heart feels like it's palpitating.  I really haven't had any detox symptoms except a slightly white tongue for a few days.  Should I stop?  I'm going to pray about it now.

Offline EllaBellaLynn

• Learning
« Reply #310 on: April 22, 2011, 08:22:31 AM »
Your tingling limbs and strange feeling could possibly be your detox symptoms.  Make sure you are drinking as much water as you can get down as well as getting good sleep.  With that shot you recently had i would guess that the general weakness is your body fighting the toxin.  Also not knowing  your general diet it could possibly be withdrawl symptoms.  Praying for you!
Ella

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #311 on: April 25, 2011, 05:37:34 PM »
Well, right after I posted, a dear friend sent me a note that really encouraged me and also reminded me to drink more water.  (Good call, EllaBella!)  So, I had a few glasses right away and within a half hour, I felt great again.  I guess that a busy day is all it takes for me to forget that I need fluids.  Add to that the fact that I am purposefully tuning out my body's desire for food, and it's pretty easy to not hydrate enough.  So, now I am paying more attention to that. 
Today was day 11, and I feel awesome.  I am really looking forward to food, but this is turning out to be such a great experience, and I can really feel a difference in my body and even my mindset about food.   And I know this sounds cheesy, but I am proud of myself for sticking through church potlucks an Easter feast and ice cream parlors and fixing meals, all without so much as licking a finger.  I know it's not over yet, but I feel so encouraged. 
I'm so thankful for this site, too.  Yay for Welltellers!

Offline lazy

• Learning
« Reply #312 on: July 25, 2011, 04:31:12 AM »
hey, i'm new here...

I don't know if anyone's still watching this thread, but i'm on my 2nd day of the master cleanse right now, and so far it's going really well...

So how did it work out for you guys? I have a million health (and mood) problems, and wonder if this'll actually help me with them... But I really hope so  :)

Cheers

Offline lazy

• Learning
« Reply #313 on: July 25, 2011, 04:35:00 AM »
I finished my 10 day MC 2 days ago...

Sorry for the gross question, but has anyone here experienced the "mucoid ropes" after the MC? If yes, how long did it take to reach that point? thx  :)

Offline lazy

• Learning
« Reply #314 on: July 25, 2011, 04:38:02 AM »
Well, right after I posted, a dear friend sent me a note that really encouraged me and also reminded me to drink more water.  (Good call, EllaBella!)  So, I had a few glasses right away and within a half hour, I felt great again.  I guess that a busy day is all it takes for me to forget that I need fluids.  Add to that the fact that I am purposefully tuning out my body's desire for food, and it's pretty easy to not hydrate enough.  So, now I am paying more attention to that. 
Today was day 11, and I feel awesome.  I am really looking forward to food, but this is turning out to be such a great experience, and I can really feel a difference in my body and even my mindset about food.   And I know this sounds cheesy, but I am proud of myself for sticking through church potlucks an Easter feast and ice cream parlors and fixing meals, all without so much as licking a finger.  I know it's not over yet, but I feel so encouraged. 
I'm so thankful for this site, too.  Yay for Welltellers!

Hey, great to find someone who's recently done the MC, so how long did you do it or want to do it for? I thought 10 days was enough? And did you pass "the ropes"?
Thanks & Congrats   ;D

Offline lazy

• Learning
« Reply #315 on: July 25, 2011, 04:41:44 AM »
oh and one more question, i'm sipping a mug of organic fruit tea as we speak, is this gonna ruin my cleanse? it's my first mug of this tea since beginning the cleanse yesterday morning and i haven't finished it yet, i'm gonna finish it and hope for the best, pls let me know if you think i've ruined my cleanse so that I can do extra days of it...
also, i didn't find any senna tea, so i went for a herbal mix of fennel, cumin and anis which the pharmacist recommended as laxative, does anyone have anything against these ingredients during the MC?
thanks a million in advance & GREAT to find you guys on this post, finally someone to talk to about this :']

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #316 on: May 25, 2013, 07:06:31 AM »
I am on day 4 of the MC and so far I have had very few (as in 2 since I've started) BMs. Is that ok?  I've been doing the SWF and drinking fiber every night (I couldnt find any SM tea) Yesterday I started to drink two glasses of fiber-one in the afternoon and one before bed and still nothing.  One of the reasons I started this cleanse is because I've always struggled with constipation and I know my bowels are full. They still feel full. I did a coffee enema before I started. Is there anything else I could try or is this all normal? I've also had little to no detox symptoms, other than a headache on the 2nd day. I really dont feel that hungry and am only drinking about 40 oz of the lemonade with half the maple syrup. I thought for sure I would be having more dramatic results since I've been feeling so awful the last 7 months, but maybe I just need to give it more time?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 07:13:06 AM by IowaDove »

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #317 on: May 27, 2013, 04:26:25 AM »
Well I made it to day six  :-[  Yesterday I did have a few more BMs-they were mucousy, so I was glad to be seeing that. But this morning I could not stop shaking and I almost passed out. My EMT husband (who has been SO encouraging this whole time) got concerned and told me to eat. I feel much better now in that I'm not shaking or lightheaded, but I still feel like my bowels are full, so I'm frustrated with that. I dont know if he's right, but my husband says because 'm sm all that he thinks I can't handle doing it for so long-at least the first time. So I might try longer in a few months. I dont know....any suggestions on my severe constipation? I guess I'll head over to that thread. I appreciate any advice. I feel like a wimp  :-\

Offline Sewbusy

• Adept
« Reply #318 on: May 31, 2013, 09:52:06 AM »
Magnesium. Here is an article that helped me tremendously in my battle with constipation. It talks about how important magnesium is for keeping things moving. Aloe is also a very good one.   
http://articles.beeyoutiful.com/2010/11/19/a-magnificent-solution-for-colon-health-fall-2010-catalog/

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #319 on: June 04, 2013, 08:40:59 AM »
Thank you, I actually have some! I will be trying it out!  :)