Author Topic: Do the Master Cleanse with Me: Daily Log & Chat for Encouragement  (Read 96350 times)

Offline berthday

• Adept
Re: Do the Master Cleanse with Me: Daily Log & Chat for Encouragement
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2007, 07:20:25 AM »
Hello;
 I just did the liver flush last night-UUUGGHHHHHH!!!!!-and am planning on starting the Master Cleanse tommorrow morning. Anyone else just starting? I don't have any health issues other than I need to lose 20 lbs.
Thanks -B

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2007, 08:59:42 AM »
Hello;
 I just did the liver flush last night-UUUGGHHHHHH!!!!!-and am planning on starting the Master Cleanse tommorrow morning. Anyone else just starting? I don't have any health issues other than I need to lose 20 lbs.
Thanks -B
I'm going to start the Master Cleanse next Monday.  I am also really healthy, but need to lose the 20 pounds that has crept up on me over the last 2 years.  I did the liver flush last month, I'm hoping that the Master cleanse will be much easier in comparison.  I can generally go longer times in cleansing, but the liver clease was so very harsh that even though it was a short time period it was horrible.  I think that I have decided my liver and gb are doing just fine (especially as I did not pass any stones).

Offline berthday

• Adept
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2007, 04:00:03 AM »
Day 1 .  :)  Am I suppose to drink a certian amount of water while on the Master Cleanse? I'm doing the tea in the A.M. and P.M.  instead of the salt water in the A.m.(cain't handle that taste) :P Also how many capsules of the Cayenne Pepper do I take per day? My capsules have 100,000 heat units.-Thanks B
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 04:09:09 AM by berthday »

Offline Jess

• Learning
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2007, 06:38:06 AM »
Day 1 .  :)  Am I suppose to drink a certian amount of water while on the Master Cleanse? I'm doing the tea in the A.M. and P.M.  instead of the salt water in the A.m.(cain't handle that taste) :P Also how many capsules of the Cayenne Pepper do I take per day? My capsules have 100,000 heat units.-Thanks B

You should be drinking at least the standard 8 8oz cups of water per day. Either the tea or the salt water will dehydrate you... and since water and lemonade are all you're getting- make sure to get plenty of these. I've been taking 3 Cayenne capsules per day... you may want to try a little of the Cayenne in your lemonade too... it's weird at first- but actually tastes kind of good after a while.... gives it a little kick and keeps your circulation going. The lemonade is also good either hot or cold :)

Offline berthday

• Adept
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2007, 04:29:25 AM »
Day 2 ---OH BOY  :o  do I want to eat!!!!!  Does it get easier not having/wanting any food?  I'm doing ok so far, just weak and a little headach.not bad.
-B

Offline pecharka5

• Adept
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2007, 04:13:14 PM »
I think it gets easier.  I am day 3, and yes I want to eat, but I do not think I am hungry..  Just want to put in food! ;D  I feel good today, better than yesterday, I was tired yesterday.

Now I read the no enema post ubove, , and I read that in the book master cleanse, But, most of the postes at the beginning of this thread, says they did it, I have not read the entire thread, but lots of it, and it was LOTS of cleansing going on from that end :o

But I would love to walk this journey with others, so I will post my journey and hopefully others will too.  I am going for the 10 days, but I prefer to think of it as till next Wednesday.. That seems easier to think of.

I did a fast, water and juice, last year, and did it for 14 or 15 days, can't remember, and It did get easier, and was not as hard as I thought it would be, this one is easier, the lemon drink seems to help.

But again... Can you over do the lemon in the woater?  Or can you do as much as you like?

Oh today I did the salt agai, and it took almost 2 hours, and the elimination was SMALL.  But I guess something is better than nothing.
Blessings to you all.<><

Offline pecharka5

• Adept
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2007, 01:34:06 PM »
well no expert , but on day 4 and I can answere a few questions.  I am not really hungry, I think it is habit.  I want to chew on something.. I have had some gum.

The drink I do not think is gross.  I like lemons, so I do not mind it.  I too put the cayine (sp) peper in a capsuel as I am not a bid fan of hot stuff.  But dont over do the hot stuff at first, as it may upset your stomic alittle.  I use very little syrup, but add about 1T to the quart, maybe less.

I did the salt water , ONLY in the morning.  i do not think you are supposed to do it throughout the day.

And as for cheating, I thing that would be bad idea.  I mean if you are trying to cleanse out, then make a comitment, and so it.  It is not as hard as you think.  I also changed my mind set, I am not fasting for 10 plus days, I am just going till next wednesday.. That helps me alittle. Cause it will be hard, but it would be not good, to work so hard at fasting and so to speak suffer through  however long you go, then slow down your progress, by eating just alittle.

So I think that is all I can answer.  My mind is alittle slow right now, fast and all, but I think it is worth it.  I feel like I am closer to God through it.. Even though I am only on day 4.  I have water fasted and juice fasted in the past, and it was always worth it.  I juiced for 14 or 15 days and It was really a great experience, and worth it. 

Go for it, good luck and post your progress.  We can go it together...<><

Offline pecharka5

• Adept
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2007, 09:34:23 AM »
Day 5.. It is the hardest day.. Habit?  I do not know, but I want to eat today.  I will NOT, but I feel a bit distracted by food.  I stay away from the kitchen.  But I feel goo other than that.  I am drinking lemon juice, the peper capsuels, I am drinking the salt water, taking the spirilla. and drinking lots of water.  Lost 4 pounds as of this morning, about, I did not weigh the first day.  But so far so good, I would love to hear from anyone eles on the cleanse... :'( so post if you are out there

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2007, 10:50:01 AM »
Well, I started the master cleanse this morning and I already have a headache.  I usully get headaches if I miss a meal.  I don't know how long I can stand it, I just hope it won't change to a migrane.   I think it's the cayenne pepper that I put in the drink.  Is it a MUST in the drink?  What about the salt water.    :)
I attempted  ;) the master cleanse last week and while I was never hungry, the headaches killed me.  I did go see my chiropractor and he did help with the headaches, but after 3 days, I just couldn't keep it up. 
My chiropractor (who is a wealth of nutritional info) suggested that I start for half days and then have a light meal at dinner for a few days, and to do this on one day off the next then on (the master cleanse) 2 half days then off one.  Then to spend a few days eating normally and then progress  to a complete cleanse.  He said that some people just need this acclimation.
I also had a horrible time with the cayenne.  I used to (about 10 years ago) take several capsules a day.  The first day I took one of the cleanse-my stomach didn't really burn, but I felt like my brain was on fire.  It took several hours for this to subside, then of course, I tried another cap and the same thing happened.  I was taking the 40,000u ones and they were just too much.
As far as the salt water, my copy of the book made this sound optional if you felt you needed further assistance with elimations (having the recommended 2-3/day).  I tried it one am and could only get half of it down.  I never did have any results from it.
I've been doing half days all week with light dinners and am hoping to go all day tomorrow on the cleanse and continue it through the week.  I really did have energy, but the headache and dizzyness were hard for me to cope with...hang in there.

Offline larissakissa

• Adept
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2007, 11:48:02 AM »

I attempted ;) the master cleanse last week and while I was never hungry, the headaches killed me.  My chiropractor (who is a wealth of nutritional info) suggested that I start for half days and then have a light meal at dinner for a few days, and to do this on one day off the next then on (the master cleanse) 2 half days then off one.  Then to spend a few days eating normally and then progress  to a complete cleanse.  He said that some people just need this acclimation.
[/quote] Thank you for the information.  I think I will try to have a light meal for the first few days before going on complete "starvation" ;D .  This headache was getting worse and worse so I ate a little.  :-\  I know, I'm such a wuss.  :'(  Do you know if it's OK to take some painkillers, like Excedrin?  I don't think I could do this without the pills.

YoopreMama

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2007, 05:04:02 AM »
...Another great side-effect...I can't stop smiling or laughing!  Things that used to bother me, just strike me as funny now.  And I feel like I am smiling all the time.  ;D I guess getting the poison out of my system is uncovering the old me.  I thought she was gone forever, but I found her...at the bottom of a glass of lemonade.  :)

I had a similar experience and now as I explore the possibility of being gluten-intolerant/sensitive/having celiac disease, I read that celiacs can go through this, too, when they get off of gluten--"finding their old selves".

Being on the MC, I was gluten-free...and that may have spurred my increased sensitivity to gluten when I resumed.  Just some musings...

Offline mamaof7

• Learning
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2007, 08:26:30 AM »
YooperMama, I just wanted to comment here... it seems we have some similarities with eczema.  I, too, was free of it while on the MC.  My natural doctor has told me for years to stay off of gluten products (I do for awhile, when the symptoms get too severe... then get lazy again).  My husband has been on a strict gluten free diet for about 9 months now, and the rest of the family have done the same (for the most part).  I have noticed a difference in all the kids, that their eczema problems aren't as bad, either.  I keep a big flour mixture handy of different GF flours (beans, rice, sorghum, tapioca, etc...).  We just use that in place of white or ww flour (for making things like corn bread, pizza dough, pancakes, etc...)  We buy GF macaroni (my husband is not a refried bean or bean eater...so we don't do much with the Mexican style meals).  He has GF cereal bars he likes to snack on.  Hope you find help with your eczema.  I'm sure you've tried the extra essential oils?
Cathy

YoopreMama

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2007, 10:05:46 AM »
Cathy,   :)

Thanks for sharing your similar experience...I actually think that my eczema isn't that at all but rather dermatitis herpetiformis, celiac disease of the skin. I read about it in a chapter of a book on celiac disease..described the newest twist to my lifelong eczema perfectly.  I am improving w/ the diet, but have tried most everything else for the skin.  My posts are all over WTM on that topic... :D :-[

Do you mean EFAs or EOs?  I just started flax oil (again), and am using some diluted ACV instead of soap; extra virgin olive oil (some w/ calendula, some w/ chickweed/lavender) is what I use for hydrating the skin.

I am working on getting a flour blend.  :D  Made some rice mufffins that were a hit. :D  See me on the GF/DF and celiac and eczema threads!   ;)

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2007, 11:13:46 AM »
I am getting ready to start the Master Cleanse on Monday.  Anyone want to join me?  I want to know if I could still drink my Kombucha?  Since it is also a detox, would it interfere?  I really hate to give up drinking that, I love it! 

Also, I did research and found out if you are still in the growing stages you should NOT do the Master Cleanse. 
I would love to but am still nursing.  I'm less ready to give it up than she is I think :)  K, I have a ?  If you do that salt water flush can you have detox symptoms from that?  I am not doing any other cleansing except the water cure but the last two morning(not THIS morning the two b/f that)I did the salt water flush b/c on Monday we helped someone move and I ate JUNK all day.....all day.  I think I drank 3 dr peppers and I NEVER drink dr pepper well, almost never...so yesterday and today I have been SO draggy.  Functioning but very tired and baby woke up last night and I really think I would not have been able to drag myself out if the house had been on fire.  I had to ask my husband to go get her.  Also last Teus. I started taking thyroid support and idodine so I was thinking thing should be better but I yesterday and this morning I was cold like when I am fasting cold and can't get warm w/o a hot bath.   My basal temps were yesterday 95.something and this morning 92.something but then I did it again and it was 94.something and I was hoping it would be starting to creep up but maybe a week isn't long enough anyway.....do you all think it's detox?  I didn't even think of that until I was talking to my friend and going over everything and when I mentioned the flush she said detox so I thought I would get a second opinion here and see what ya'll think.  :)  My hands are like ice right now too..... ::)

Offline sarahmontgomery

• Adept
  • Isaiah 12:2
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2007, 12:04:26 PM »
I am on the Master Cleanse right now. Day 6.  My eyes are (the whites) light yellow.  I assume my liver is cleansing.  Anyone had this experience?  Should I keep going or should I stop? Do I just need to keep going and drink really push the water?
Home, home on the range, where the deer and the cantaloupe play..... according to my 4 year old

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2007, 12:26:53 PM »
I am on the Master Cleanse right now. Day 6.  My eyes are (the whites) light yellow.  I assume my liver is cleansing.  Anyone had this experience?  Should I keep going or should I stop? Do I just need to keep going and drink really push the water?

How do you feel? Any pain in your liver? Any yellowness to your skin as well? Did you do a liver flush before doing the MC?
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline sarahmontgomery

• Adept
  • Isaiah 12:2
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2007, 01:25:01 PM »
no liver cleanse.  MY skin seems fine, I am tired at times though.  No pain except my eyes are tired feeling.
Home, home on the range, where the deer and the cantaloupe play..... according to my 4 year old

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2007, 01:32:54 PM »
I'd say to keep going until/unless you get a yellowish hue to your skin as well, and/or pain in your liver area (right side under the rib cage/right shoulder blade). Consider doing a Liver Flush after the MC, to clean out the toxins the MC knocks loose.

Good luck on your cleanse!

Rebekah
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2007, 03:14:54 AM »
Well, my PLAN is to start this cleanse tomorrow.  I can't remember if you ladies quit taking your vitamins and such during it.  I am taking a thyroid support supp and iodine and supermoms and alfalfa.  I wont' quit the iodine or thyroid.  I am just now today keeping an iodine "patch" for I am up to nine hours yippee.  But what about the other two?  I went to an ND the other day and brought home a paper with kindney, liver and gallbladder flush instructions on them but I can't afford those til payday and quite frankly I am tired of waiting to do this.  I have been wanting to do it for months.  So....I am.   :)

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2007, 03:09:09 PM »
K, well, no one every answered my ? so I will try asking it a different way.  ;)I am on day 2 and I am feeling crampy like gassy  :-[  does that mean I need to drink more water?  I am doing 10 glasses of the lemonade.  I really like it.  Even my kids do.  My 8 yr old wants to cleanse he said.   ::)  I did drink two qts of water yesterday and added salt to one of them.  I am on my second t of water today but does the crampy feeling mean I need to drink more?  I am doing the lax tea at night and the salt water flush in the morning.  Thanks.

YoopreMama

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2007, 04:09:22 PM »
I am on day 2 and I am feeling crampy like gassy  :-[  does that mean I need to drink more water?  I am doing 10 glasses of the lemonade.  I really like it.  Even my kids do.  My 8 yr old wants to cleanse he said.   ::)  I did drink two qts of water yesterday and added salt to one of them.  I am on my second t of water today but does the crampy feeling mean I need to drink more?  I am doing the lax tea at night and the salt water flush in the morning.  Thanks.
Hi, Pennie!  :)
Crampy could be due to your lax tea...does it specifically claim to reduce cramping?  Mine did--the TM Smooth Move.  As far as water...I recall someone saying to drink water as you have detox symptoms.  Could your campiness/gassy stuff be detox?  Are you still getting rid of recent meals given this is Day  2?   ???
My 7yr. old wanted to do the MC, too, so she could have the lemonade all day. LOL.   :D
Keep us posted!

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2007, 04:36:52 PM »
I'm definitely no expert, but it sounds to me like you are doing things okay.  I would think that the GI symptoms are possibly detox symptoms or a response to lax.  Good luck!

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2007, 05:13:58 PM »
Well, I thought I would post my "progress" if anyone is interested. :)   I am ending day 5.  I haven't really had any bad detox symptoms.  I little stuffy in the morning is about the only thing. I think I am sleeping better.  I do have "patch" of rash on my arm that I already had b/f I started.  I thought it would be better by now but it isn't.  It is a come and go rash.  It is pretty red and it hurts more than itches.  I am pretty bummed that I haven't lost more weight.  I have only lost 4.5 pounds.  And I am using less than half of recommended syrup.  I kind of wonder if the syrup is why my arm isn't getting well, but I don't really want to drink the lemonade w/o it.  I was just dumping my cayenne in the pitcher for the day but found that it was way hot by the last glass so now I am just putting some in the glass after I pour.  I didn't do the SWF this morning since I went to church and I kinda thought I needed a break anyway.  I did go early this morning when my tea "kicked" in.  My stomach wakes me cramping really bad and I am up and down for about an hour.  Can all that cramping be good for you?  I am rereading thru the thread.  Backwards, I think I am on page 22.  I would like to be able to kill parasites if I have any but am unsure about taking something since he doesn't mention that it is ok.  I was wondering about garlic.  I have been hungry off and on.  I have done water fasts b/f.  The longest was 30 days.  I don't remember being hungry on that at all after the first day or two.  It was definitely less work.  :)  I would like to go more than ten days but told my husband I wouldn't.  He was kind of shocked at the amount of lemons and syrup I am going thru.  I saw some people were using 4-6 and I am using 8-10. Is that too many?  I am making enough for 10 8oz glasses a day since he said 6-12.  Oh, and should you only drink if you are hungry?  Cause if that's the case I would be drinking very little.  I just make sure I have it all drunk(?) by the end of the day.  People were asking about cooking for their families.  I have never had a problem doing that during a fast.  In fact I get to where I very much WANT to cook and bake.  I think it's b/c knowing I am on a fast I can't be tempted.  ??  Anyway, if anyone has any tips for me that would be great.  I sure was hoping to lose more weight than this though.   :'(

YoopreMama

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2007, 06:38:37 PM »
Go Pennie!  ;D You sound like you're doing so well!  I'm glad you've posted. :)

A 30 day water fast?  WOW.  :o

Weight loss went in stages for me...It'd go and stall then drop and stall...for a few days--nothing and then a big drop (3-4 pounds).  Maybe you don't need to lose as much as you think?

Are you doing the black walnut hull for parasites?  I thought that was recommended...???

I can't comment on the other things you mentioned.  Maybe someone else will check in...

I'm sorry about the cramping.  :(

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2007, 02:54:57 AM »
   I only lost about 9 lbs. on the cleanse and gained several back immediately when i ate. It's not supposed to be a weight loss plan but i know how it feels to want to lose more. My mil did it for 16 days and lost about 16 lbs. It reallly seemed to drop when she went past the 10 day mark. Go figure.
This is what I am afraid of.  I'm afraid my weight "loss" is just due to my colon being empty.  :(  I did lose another pound and a half so that puts me at 6 pounds on my 6th morning.  I had intended to ttapp more but it "just hasn't worked out"  I would really like to go longer but I already promised my  husband I would quit.  I mentioned it this morning and he said "yeah."  He likes it when I do this....likes the way I look and how I feel but he hates when I don't eat.   ::) :)  It doesn't bother me at all to sit at a meal and sip my lemonade or water but it makes him feel guilty.   :D  He really wanted me to have some ham yesterday.  Not that he pushed me to.  He would like to cleanse too and while he likes to eat healthy he just isnt' read to do that.  BUT he feels good and is skinny...so where's the incentive?   ;D  I did wake up with a sore throat today yippee.   ;)  And "things" are getting darker so maybe these next five days will the the "break through"   ;D

Offline OneMaster

• Adept
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2007, 02:14:21 PM »
Good job, Pennie!  ;)  My husband and I are on Day 4 of the MC.  Unlike you, though, I have been hoping for a pink tongue to prove I can stop early  :D  It is actually going really well, and I am not suffering at all, we just have plans to go out of town this weekend and really don't want to have to do the lemonade thing with all our family gathered together.  We started because we had an uncommon window of opportunity and thought (mistakenly, I guess) that it was ok to do it for only 7 days.  Hmmmm....

I only drink 16 oz. of the salt water.  Is that ok?  I can barely get it down.  It really triggers my gag relflex!  :P
"I am your sunny day, Mama!" Joey, age 2.

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2007, 03:50:07 PM »
Thanks you too!! I'm glad to have someone else report also.  :)  My husband really wanted to do it with me but he had to get mentally prepared and I was ready to start. I find that there is ALWAYS something to interfere so I just had to do it.  We have a Sunday school class acivity sat. Bowling and Pizza.  I would rather just stay on the cleanse but sat will be my first day off so no Pizza for me!!   Actaully I'm not too disappointed about it.  My husband said are you just going to tell people you are fasting.  I said no, I will just say I am coming off of a cleanse.  They know I"m a "weirdo" anyway.  ;)  My tongue doesn't look too bad.  The patch on my arm still bothers me. I wish it would go away.  When I did my water fasts I always broke out in a rash on my chest.  I haven't this time and I think it's b/c of the syrup but I just can't bring myself to drink the lemonad w/o.  I have cut it in 1/2 of what he suggests.  Actually I think that would be way too sweet.  Gotta go wash the girls.  Hang in there OneMaster and hubby!!   ;D

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2007, 07:29:31 AM »
K, I weighed 1/2 lb MORE today than yesterday.  How is THAT possible?  I swished this morning. Has anyone else swished while doing the MC and did you notice benefits from it.  I am still taking my thyroid support supplement and my idodine.  Sure hope I am not wasting it.  I have have done a few enemas.  I would like to do a coffee one but am a little nervous about it.  I read where someone said they scared themselves with one, but they didn't elaborate on how or why it scard them.  A coffe enema helps clean the liver right?  I am not really getting anything solid.  I do first thing in the morning but the rest of the day is liquid.  I don't really have a problem with pimples or anything really noticeable on my face BUT my face doesn't seem any clearer now than when I started.  I feel good though.  I am a little cold right now.  This is day 7 for me.  Anyone want to reassure me that I should do an coffee enema or not?  Thanks.  :)

YoopreMama

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2007, 08:21:22 AM »
K, I weighed 1/2 lb MORE today than yesterday.  How is THAT possible? I would like to do a coffee one but am a little nervous about it.  I read where someone said they scared themselves with one, but they didn't elaborate on how or why it scard them.  A coffe enema helps clean the liver right? 
More cayenne if you're cold?  ???

I gained a little weight around then, too--I think it's in preparation for a big PUSH around Day 8 or 9.   :o   ;)

I did a coffee one after the MC w/ another WellTeller  ::) ;).  It was helpful to have a pal.  :D  I didn't think it was any different than a regular one, if THAT's any consolation.   :D

What fun conversations we have!  ;D

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2007, 08:28:25 AM »
K, I weighed 1/2 lb MORE today than yesterday.  How is THAT possible? I would like to do a coffee one but am a little nervous about it.  I read where someone said they scared themselves with one, but they didn't elaborate on how or why it scard them.  A coffe enema helps clean the liver right? 
More cayenne if you're cold?  ???

I gained a little weight around then, too--I think it's in preparation for a big PUSH around Day 8 or 9.   :o   ;)

I did a coffee one after the MC w/ another WellTeller  ::) ;).  It was helpful to have a pal.  :D  I didn't think it was any different than a regular one, if THAT's any consolation.   :D

What fun conversations we have!  ;D
;D  I know I have avoided really discussing the "outcome" I just can't bring myself to do it.   :D ;D   So you didn't really notice anything with the coffee huh?  I was afraid I might be jittery. Okay, I will waiting for that big PUSH!!   ;) ;D