Author Topic: Do the Master Cleanse with Me: Daily Log & Chat for Encouragement  (Read 93821 times)

Offline StephTallent

• Adept
    • Beeyoutiful
I'm on day 3 of the Master Cleanse and it has been remarkably easy so far.  Other than needing a nap on day 1 I really can't tell a significant difference in my energy levels. 

If I don't remember to drink the the lemonade consistently I have gotten a bit  light headed but after a couple of sips that goes away.

The only thing I have had a major problem with is the Cayenne.  It really upsets my stomach so yesterday I didn't use it at all.  I'm going to try a small amount again today and see if I can endure it!

My hubby started it today so it shall be interesting to see how it affects him.

Like BeeyoutifulGirl I've had a sore throat, headache, yucky mouth and being cold all the time!  Nothing to an extreme though.    :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 09:50:52 AM by StephTallent »
Do not become so focused on where you are, and the destination you forget from whence you came. Concentrate not on what is to be attained so that you forget to extend encouragement, love and help to those behind.

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
Re: Do the Master Cleanse with Me: Daily Log & Chat for Encouragement
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 07:50:43 AM »
Well, I'm on the 10th day of my cleanse. Tonight I'm going to do the liver flush recommended by Dr. Hulda Clark. By tomorrow evening I should be recovering enough to eat a little. It's strange not to have eaten anything for 10 days. I have suddenly realized that eating is 90% habit and 10% hunger. Now that I've broken the habit, the hunger is easy to deal with.

I've lost 14 pounds so far, but I think 4 or 5 of those pounds are food and liquids that will be replaced after the first few meals. I feel fine, but am looking forward to finishing this cleanse and getting back to the habit of eating  :-\ ;)
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline phatkat

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 08:25:27 AM »
:)
Good morning to all, Just started the Master Cleanse this morning and feeling pretty good.
Was wondering how Beeyoutifjulgirl is doing coming off hers and eating foods now. Have another friend who is on day 4 and going strong, had a rought 1st day but toughed it out and is glad she did.

Offline homeschooltheheart

• Adept
    • The VBS Express
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 08:42:51 AM »
I began my Master Cleanse today.  :o I know, I know, I can't believe it either.  What can I say, I'm easily inspired.  The hardest part so far is that I'm thinking about food quite often.  :-\ I also have a slight headache.  I am so not looking forward to any of the flushes.  I've decided to do the sea salt flush every other day.  I don't think my tummy could handle anything more.  I'm not sure if I'll get the same benefits, but I can't do it everyday.  I just can't.... :-[

Has anyone not received great results from the cleanse.  I would love to hear more.

melissa

freshisbest

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 10:32:56 AM »
I am new so hello everyone. I started a couple of days ago on the Yeast Assassin and Spirulina...also an Ezekiel Bread Fast (check out www.breadbeckers.com...for more on that!). I was so encouraged when I happened to see "...headache...sore throat in the a.m....." I had a mild headache day one and one night I thought "oh no! A sore throat coming on? I haven't had a sore throat in years!" But it went away. Perhaps thats the extent of my detox! Anyway....I am going to read more about this Master Cleanse...that is definately on my ToDo list!!

Offline Maria/NHM

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 03:15:59 AM »
My husband would really like to try doing a cleanse. He gets really bad allergies in the summer and cutting out wheat, dairy and sugar no longer seem to help. He is concerned with trying to fast for ten days. His job is very Physical and he gets really weak when he doesn't eat. Is there maybe a way to speed up the process?

I'm also interested in trying but don't know if I could do the the long fast either. I am really thin. I'm 5'4" and weigh 93 lbs. I don't try to stay this thin but can't seem to keep any weight on when I'm nursing. After I wean my babies I still can't gain any weight until I get pregnant. Thankfully I gain plenty during pregnancy. I'm concerned about loosing weight if I tried to do a cleanse. My blood sugar is also really low especially when I'm that thin. I have fibromilgia. We have made alot of diet changes in the last few years that have really lowered my pain level but I haven't been able to totally kick it.  Doing a cleanse sounds helpful if I could. Any ideas?

My Blog
http://naturallyhealthymommy.blogspot.com/
Learning and sharing about nutrition and herbs
My user name used to be Ella :)

Offline Julie G

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 07:11:48 AM »
My husband is currently on day 6 of the Master Cleanse.  He is a fairly burly man, (240 Lbs 5'11").  He lifts weights and works manual labor (he works on heavy equipment in South Texas weather all day long).  He has done great keeping up to his normal routine.  From what he's said he hasn't lacked energy at all, (we've even been going for brisk walks in 90 degree weather in the evenings without him feeling fatigued at all) 

He was having a hard time with wanting food the first few days....just yesterday he said that he's not craving food anymore.  Mind you, he's not been hungry, just missing eating food.  Also, something I think is very interesting....he has terrible allergies and at this point of the cleanse his allergies haven't acted up one bit while our friends who have similar problems are all clogged up.  He loves the cleanse and said he would like to do it a couple of times a year.  Hope this encourages you to give it a try. 

I would love to do the cleanse because of the difference I've seen in my hubby, but I'm due to have my baby in 6 weeks...then a year or so of nursing...it will be a while. :-\
Ellie:  (when she was 3 years old)  "Mama, you sure got a big butt to sit with!"

Offline Mamatutu

• Learning
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 05:52:18 AM »
I've wanted to do a juice fast or similar cleanse for awhile now. However, I've either been pregnant, nursing. or both for the past 3 years with atleast another year of nursing to go, which could turn into a pregnancy before she's done. Is there anything comparable that would be 'safe'? I'm in the 'normal' range 5'7" 125lb.
Stacey ~ Privileged to be the wife and helpmeet of my darling Daniel and devoted mama to four precious babes~ Micah Daniel (2/7/04), Rebekah Hope (9/8/05), and Eliahna Pearl (6/9/07), and TBA November 2008.

Offline kamom

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 04:20:51 AM »
I'm on the fourth day of the master cleanse and I feel great!!! I feel so light and freewith so much energy that i am wondering if I'm doing it right.
#1 I am using the grade A syrup, because that is what we had on hand. Sometimes I add a little molasses because I like the flavor and I know it's good for you. I'm only using about half as much syrup as the recipes say.
 My most amazing result is that I am not craving food. I cook normally for my family and don't eat ! I thought that would be torture, but  am enjoying it. ;D
  I guess I am thinking no pain ,no gain ::)
Yea!!! Beeyoutiful!!! I am thrilled at your successful flush! Way to go!!! I did a similar flush about three yrs ago. I noticed that whenever I ate at a Chinese resteraunt ::) I would get a pain in my back that fit the gallbladder pain description,so I gathered my courage and did a flush and to my delight I passed a whole bunch of stones,so many that until I read your post I thought they must have been something else. I only did it once and never had any more problems.
 So should I be feeling worse on the 4th day of Master cleanse?
 One more question, what to do with a 4yr old that has hard stools all the time and she gets constipated easy for sure when we travel? She eats just like the rest of us and her brother often goes twice a day??  She eats lots of veggies &whole grains.

Offline sweet

• Learning
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 04:45:27 AM »
Beginning the 5th day!  I have good energy, but a few complaints.
Had minimal hunger pains day 3 in the afternoon, experiencing some dizziness (TOM?) when I get up too fast or bend down, and had a little gallbladder pain last night.

A big plus I noticed the 1st day is that the tendinitis/carpal tunnel problem I have in both wrists is almost all gone, gone to the point I'm not wearing the braces!  Don't know if I can attribute it to the cleanse, but I taking it.

Next plus is that I have dropped 9lbs!

Thinking of doing the liver/gallbadder cleanse tonight because I will be home tomorrow.

Kamon,
My kids have the same issue when we travel...I've noticed that as they get older it seems to get better.  I make sure I take snacks of dried figs, fig bars or even fig newtons and try to avoid constipating foods.

Gusoceros,
Many thanks for posting the file for the cleanse.

Offline Kansas Girl

• Adept
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 06:10:04 AM »
Way to go Sweet!!!  I'm on my 5th day also and am starting to get pretty discouraged.  Yesterday I woke up feeling awful (nauseated)  I must have had some pretty toxic stuff to get rid of. I'm not sure, but I think I eliminated a kidney stone or two yesterday also which was interesting.   I wonder if my slight depression is a detoxing symptom also????  Anyway, today I'm trying to convince myself to keep going for the full 10 days.  We'll see.   :) 

I'm glad you are doing so well on your cleanse.  Just think how much better we will feel when its all over. ;D
-KG

having a baby" border="0

Offline sweet

• Learning
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 09:33:08 AM »
Kansas Girl,
Thanks for the encouraging words.  Do hang in there.  Depression is triggered by so many things, feeling ucky with all those impurities being purged cld contribute.  It will be worth it.

Another plus I forgot was that my allergies/sinusitis is also gone and I mean gone completely!!!
Am not reaching for a Kleenex at all.  Will have to watch as I add foods back to see what triggers it to start again.

Pressing toward the mark of the high calling....

Offline amazonmama2five

• Adept
    • Amazonmamasadventures
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 06:32:17 AM »
Well I feel like a big boob!  I "started" Sunday evening and by Monday afternoon was totally not going to make it.  :'( :(  So I ate a healthy early supper and before bed drank the lax tea and promised to start over Tues.  Well Tues. and most of Wed. went fine.  Then it hit me again I don't know what I am going to do short of totally denying SELF!  So this morning I drank the salt water(that is the ONLY thing I have been really faithful about since Sunday evening!) and got back on the band wagon!  Please pray for me.  I SO WANT to do at least 8 days!  10 would be better, but if I can just start with 8 and go from there. 
I get bored and start thinking and................... you get the picture  :-[  I have several little craft projects I started and have never had the time to finish.  So my girls are helping me and we are going to be "crafty" around meal times.  That will help and give me something to do that takes my mind of off FOOD!  ::) ;)
So Thursday, April 26, DAY ONE again........sigh.
More later,
Lisa
He is no fool that gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.~Jim Elliot
My Intro
Visit our site!

Nickole

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 07:45:28 AM »
I am baffled as to why some of you are trying to LOSE weight on the MC if you're under 130 to begin with.  Geez, if you guys are overweight at that, then I must tip the scales!  Is it healthy to be THAT thin?

Yeah, I agree!  That sounds awfully small, wether someone is 5ft nothing or not.  Keep in mind that when you do the MC and take in no protein or healthy fats, the weight you lose is not necessarily "fat", but a lot is healthy muscle mass.  Your body is basically "wasting away".  Which is why I don't think the MC is good for everyone to do(except for the severely ill or fungus/yeast overgrowth)  or for normally healthy people to do for 10 days.  That is crazy!   ;D

Also, I am on day 3 of the fast and decided to quit after reading on some blogs some opinions that seemed to make sense to me, like the detox symptoms perhaps not being detox but the body's reaction to the diet (like the funny stools not being something toxic your body had been hanging on to but instead your whole digestive system being put in shock, hence your stools would be different).  Sorry, I can't remember the detailed explanations but it made sense to me  :-\ and there were plenty of health-conscious people who seemed not too keen on it, so at least until I do more research...  I eat healthy and drink kombucha and all that regularly, so I am probably detoxing on a daily basis.  Not sure if it's a great idea to rob my body of necessary fats and meats for 10 days.  That said, I think it could be a good fast for someone with obvious illness.  I seem pretty healthy and was mainly doing it to shed a few pounds.  When I read that I am just shedding muscle (esp. since I am not too much overweight as it is) anyway, I thought to heck with this then  :D!

One good benefit I have found from even doing 2 days is that I managed to have self-control even while preparing yummy meals for the family.  I failed on my first attempt and thought I am so pathetic I cannot even go a day?!  So then the next day I was determined and then I went another day.  I really think it will help out a lot with my self-control in junky foods, just knowing I was able to persevere in this.  I can see how the cleanse helps cravings.  My tastes already started to change after two days.  I want some broccoli SO BAD!!!   ;D

Now I've got three jugs of maple syrup to use up!  :)

Let me end with a warning - that cayenne sure hurts coming out the other end!!  Yeeeeowwww!!!!!!   I am not sure if I could handle that burning for 10 days.

Another word of advise if you want to do this cleanse:  Take the lax tea as late as possible at night, b/c at the appointed time (it was 8 hours for me) it kicks in, no matter if it's 3:45 in the morning.

And for some reason I had the hiccups a WHOLE lot!   ???

Also, I have joined HealthyInOhio's Poopin' in the Pants club.  We need to make membership cards.  Anyone else care to join?  "If you feel like it's a toot comin', it's NOT!"  I read that on another blog and boy were they right!!!!  Don't let a phone call distract you from keeping this advise on your mind at all times, that's all I have to say  ::).  Or else then someone ELSE knows now too! 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 09:59:21 AM by Nickole »

Offline amazonmama2five

• Adept
    • Amazonmamasadventures
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 08:16:04 AM »
Nickole you're killin' me!!!  Too funny!  I know the feeling, but thankfully I had some problems with my body adjusting to Brasilian cuisine and knew the "feels like a toot" symptoms.
Okay Guys, I started over today for the third time and now y'all are saying this!  Do I continue or not?!?  I am in great to excellent health my only issue is weight.  I am doing this cleanse to lose some extra pounds before I see my HONEY IN 9 DAYS!!!!!!  WOOHOO!!!  We are all a LITTLE excited..........  ::) ;) ;D
Okay, so do I just continue with my SLOW weight loss and eating/drinking kefir, kombucha, healthy cooking or do I tough it out for another week?
ADVICE AND OPINIONS PLEASE!
Lisa
He is no fool that gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.~Jim Elliot
My Intro
Visit our site!

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 08:19:14 AM »
Nickole you're killin' me!!!  Too funny!  I know the feeling, but thankfully I had some problems with my body adjusting to Brasilian cuisine and knew the "feels like a toot" symptoms.
Okay Guys, I started over today for the third time and now y'all are saying this!  Do I continue or not?!?  I am in great to excellent health my only issue is weight.  I am doing this cleanse to lose some extra pounds before I see my HONEY IN 9 DAYS!!!!!!  WOOHOO!!!  We are all a LITTLE excited..........  ::) ;) ;D
Okay, so do I just continue with my SLOW weight loss and eating/drinking kefir, kombucha, healthy cooking or do I tough it out for another week?
Lisa
Oh, I'd say tough it out!   ;D  My ND dr says fasting is old school, well, so is modesty but it's in the Bible and we still do that.   :D ;)

Offline mama2hnd

• Learning
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 12:32:21 PM »
Well I feel like a big boob! 
I see my HONEY IN 9 DAYS!!!!!!  WOOHOO!!! 
Lisa

Weeeeelllll........I'd say if you look like you feel.........your man will be lovin' this!!!!!  ;) ::)
Love ya!
mama2hnd
"Mama, do caterpillars know that they're gonna turn into a butterfly, or does God surprise them?"  Daniel-age 7

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 01:12:13 PM »
Lisa

Weeeeelllll........I'd say if you look like you feel.........your man will be lovin' this!!!!!  ;) ::)
Love ya!
mama2hnd
HAHA.  LOL.   :D 

Offline Amos

• Adept
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 03:15:51 PM »
I am 100% for the cleanse. Not to have succeeded would mean I would still be fighting depression, fatigue and low blood sugar! The info I read said that it did not break up healthy tissue, so I took that to mean it would not harm muscle. I exercised often on the cleanse and I do not feel that I lost any muscle. I even took before and after measurements, and I lost fat in those areas. By the way, I still have plenty of fat left on me!  ;D

I have so much energy and I feel invigorated!  For those people (even ones who think they are healthy) who want to try the cleanse, I say it will only make you feel even better. Stick it out! It is so worth it. I definitely plan to do it again.

Offline amazonmama2five

• Adept
    • Amazonmamasadventures
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2007, 03:51:22 PM »
Lisa

Love ya!
mama2hnd

BRAT!!!  >:( :D
See what I have to put up with?!!  ::) :D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 03:52:58 PM by amazonmama2five »
My Intro
Visit our site!

Offline mamaof7

• Learning
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2007, 06:34:00 PM »
Just finished day 5!  Had a busy day in town... but was able to handle it without a problem.  I LOVE the afternoon epsom salt baths that Yoopermama suggested (I took her up on that one).  In reading these recent posts, I'm not going to argue one way or the other until I get through this cleanse and the days that follow the cleanse.  One thing is certain for now, though, I feel more alert than anytime I can remember since I've started having children (11 years ago).  What makes this cleanse "do-able" for me is that when I feel the slightest hunger pains, I run to my lemonade or take a little extra maple syrup, and that does the trick.  Hang in there amazonmama2five!  Take 1 hour at a time (don't even think in days!) 

Offline hsink

• Adept
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2007, 06:36:30 PM »
Lisa

Love ya!
mama2hnd

You are sisters aren't you?  I am thinking only a sister could get away with this  :o  ;D

Keep at it girls!!!!!! One day at a time!
Holly

Offline amazonmama2five

• Adept
    • Amazonmamasadventures
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2007, 04:11:58 PM »
Lisa

Love ya!
mama2hnd

You are sisters aren't you?  I am thinking only a sister could get away with this  :o  ;D

Keep at it girls!!!!!! One day at a time!
Holly

Is it THAT obvious?!?   ;D ;)  Hahaha yes, she is my sistah.  We are the oldest and youngest of the family.
My Intro
Visit our site!

YoopreMama

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2007, 02:56:50 AM »
How are you doing, Amazonmama2five?? Praying for you!   :)

Offline mamaof7

• Learning
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2007, 04:58:07 AM »
Starting day 7.  I'll have to admit, yesterday was a little rough.  I felt hungry all day and couldn't seem to shake it... but I woke up feeling better this morning and had to use the "restroom" more than usual.

Offline Amos

• Adept
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2007, 02:52:19 PM »
I did the Liver/GB Cleanse on Thursday Eve/Fri. It was not as bad as I thought and I feel it was successful. :-X

Mamaof 7 - You can do it. Only 2 days left. Are you going to go longer? I had those days of feeling super hungry too. That part never really went away for me. It would help me to drink a cup of mint tea. I am trying to apply that to me now, so I do not eat out of habit!  ;D 

Offline WithLoveAndJoy

• Master
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2007, 03:23:25 PM »
Amos, how were you able to drink the oil?  I had such a hard time with that that I had to give up.  Any tips?
Visit my blog and see my deals for the week :)

http://homemakersresource.blogspot.com/

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2007, 03:32:11 PM »
I did the Liver/GB Cleanse on Thursday Eve/Fri. It was not as bad as I thought and I feel it was successful. :-X

Did you pass any stones?

Offline Amos

• Adept
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2007, 03:52:14 AM »
Yes - I did pass several "stones", but they were soft. About 1/4 cup. I have been trying to do some research and figure out if they were "stones" or not. Several were large, like a large kidney beans. I have read a few things about congealed olive oil on the Liver/GallbladderFlush thread and also on Curezone and I am a little confused. I read that the small ones can be OO (2nd page of WTM- L/GBF thread). I read that the cholesterol ones were soft and that OO does not congeal at our body temps (curezone). I may post some questions on the Liver/GallbladderFlush thread about it. I definitely want to research it more. I have not even had the time to read the whole WTM thread on it. I will let you know what I find out. Does anyone have any info? Maybe a specific post I haven't seen?

The grapefruit juice / olive oil mix was horrendous. I plugged my nose and just downed it as fast as I could through a straw. The blending sounds like a good tip. I will try that if I attempt it again.

Today is my 8th day off the MC. I am having some serious will power issues regarding food! I am eating (mostly) healthy stuff, but I want to eat constantly! (NO, I don't!!!) I am very close to getting my "monthly", so that is probably part of it.

Offline mamaof7

• Learning
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2007, 04:33:33 AM »
I finished my 10 day MC 2 days ago... we were on a trip, so was unable to post.  I was ready to get back to "normal" eating.  My husband encouraged me to finish the 10 day cleanse... said he was proud of me for being able to do that, but didn't feel that it was necessary to do any more days.  I had no ill effects going off the cleanse. What it taught me was that I CAN have self-control in eating.  I don't HAVE to eat or nibble at things all the time.   I feel "spring-clean" inside...and am more aware of what I am putting back into my body.