Author Topic: Mineral Foundation  (Read 86396 times)

Offline anb

• Adept
Re: Mineral Foundation
« Reply #180 on: April 06, 2008, 12:00:26 PM »
You can get it from littlestuff4u.com
Very good to know.  I'm okay for now, provided I remember that "less is more" ;)  Thanks for your help!
anb

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #181 on: May 13, 2008, 08:50:03 AM »
I just wanted everyone to know that if you are using or interested in mineral makeup from littlestuff4you.com, Sandra will give members of the WellTellMe board a 10% discount.  This is good until August of '08.  You need to type in the code: WellTellMe at checkout.  Enjoy.
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline casper

• Adept
« Reply #182 on: June 03, 2008, 02:33:26 AM »
I have been using this mineral foundation since January:

http://naturesinfusions.com/poserfoundation.html

1.  Lasts a long time
2.  Doesn't make me breakout
3.  Doesn't settle in the lines around my eyes
4.  Inexpensive
5.  All-natural
     http://naturesinfusions.com/poserproduct.html

Offline prairiechild

• Adept
« Reply #183 on: June 03, 2008, 03:22:04 AM »
I've heard raves about this line, but haven't tried it yet as I don't need foundation until I finish the jar I have. The foundation looks really inexpensive.
http://www.coconutbaycosmetics.com/shop/Foundation/c4/index.html

Offline Zhena

• Learning
  • All things are possible
« Reply #184 on: July 08, 2008, 08:05:15 PM »
I buy mine from mineralbasics.com  I buy 2 different tones to mix, to get the right shade for me. Lasts a really long time, and doesn't feel oily. I use their bronzer or shimmer (depending on the season) for blush or shadow.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Offline mommyoftwins

• Adept
« Reply #185 on: July 09, 2008, 08:10:38 AM »
I've heard raves about this line, but haven't tried it yet as I don't need foundation until I finish the jar I have. The foundation looks really inexpensive.
http://www.coconutbaycosmetics.com/shop/Foundation/c4/index.html

I just purchased some foundation from them. It was on sale. They sell bagged refills for even cheaper than with a container. Since I already have 2 jars that size that are empty, this was a huge deal! I'm not a makeup connoisseur, but I really like it. I've tried Sandra's, Lumiere, Everyday Minerals, and tried Coconut Bay this last time. Don't know that I really have a preference right now, except for price.

Offline kper

• Adept
« Reply #186 on: August 29, 2008, 02:10:52 PM »
Has anyone tried this?

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/by_product/starter_kit

For $20, it has everything including brushes...  whaddyathink?
" Elections belong to the people. It is their decision. If they decide to turn their back on the fire and burn their behinds, then they will just have to sit on their blisters." 

Abraham Lincoln

Offline CountyCork

• Master
« Reply #187 on: August 29, 2008, 02:22:21 PM »
It's got bismuth, which is an irritant for many people, causing rashes.  Plus several other ingredients that are worth investigating.

For price and ingredients, the best I've found is Everyday Minerals.  I've been using it for 2 months or so and I LOVE IT!

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #188 on: October 02, 2008, 04:24:56 PM »
I'm a MK consultant and there is no "secret recipe" the ingredients are right on the box.  Check out the link above.  If it were a "secret recipe" they wouldn't put the ingredients on the box.  I tried a mineral powder kit from Costco online and the foundation colors were not any natural skin tone I had ever seen way too much pink but MK's matched my skin perfectly.  They have a special handheld computer that they put up to many many skin types and get the majority of shades so it is a much truer match by far.  If you want the list of ingred PM me and I will type them out for you.   ;)

thanks so much, i already ordered it from my sis to try once and see if it agrees with my skin.  will post my results after using it. 

just to post my results, i am almost through my container of the MK mineral makeup and i really do think it's making my skin break out.  i am going to switch back to mineralbasics, i think.  i am on the hunt for a site i can order a quality mineral makeup AND some mineral mascara.  any ideas?
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline ~CKMom~

• Adept
« Reply #189 on: October 03, 2008, 01:37:48 AM »
As a MK consultant myself (mostly I buy for myself/family), I'd encourage you to return your makeup for a full refund.  Even if you've used most of it - trying to make it work - having it make your face break out is a definite, logical reason for a full refund.  MK states that they're about the customer being satisfied, so you can trust them on that; and it doesn't cost your consultant anything for you to return it either.  So, don't worry about "being a bother" to your consultant - MK makes it easy for us to get the money back, too!  I've returned things for myself when it didn't work!  I think MK is worth the money if it works for you; but anything is overpriced if it makes your skin worse!!

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #190 on: October 03, 2008, 11:18:48 AM »

[/quote]

just to post my results, i am almost through my container of the MK mineral makeup and i really do think it's making my skin break out.  i am going to switch back to mineralbasics, i think.  i am on the hunt for a site i can order a quality mineral makeup AND some mineral mascara.  any ideas?
[/quote]

Have you tried littlestuff4u?   She has quality mineral makeup for a good price and she does carry mascara most of the time.   I'm not sure you will find a true 100% mineral mascara.   I have a lot of trouble with mascara and have used several from littlestuff and they never bother my eyes.   If you can't find it ask Sandra and she will be more than willing to help.  HTH

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #191 on: November 09, 2008, 12:52:19 PM »
Ok I just read through all 7 pages, I've decided to return my Bare Minerals, but now I'm so confused and don't have enough time to thoroughly check out all the ideas everyone provided...so its a toss up of
Sandra's pure skin minerals
Mineral basics
Everyday Minerals
KT Naturals

So ladies...tell me, what's the best, whats the cheapest and what do I get? Which has the best brushes? Which brushes do I need? 
I think I will need a concealer, a foundation, and a finishing powder for each, does that sound right? thanks ladies!

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #192 on: November 09, 2008, 01:00:29 PM »
I like Sandra's---littlestuff4u
The reason being it stays put better than any others I've tried.  That said, I have to warn you that this may not be the case for you.   It seems that a lot of people here have different likes and it seems that with minerals we are all different and have to find the one that 'fits' us best.    ;)
You should probably get a concealer brush and if you can afford it one for foundation and finishing powder.   I love my Baby Buki for foundation and a bigger Kabuki for the finishing powder.
One reason I like Sandra's is that you can get sample sizes so you aren't wasting a great deal of money if it doesn't work.   You can also ask her for $1 sample bags to get the right foundation color.     
I strongly suggest somewhere that has sample sizes that are small and less expensive.   Get the best brushes you can afford----with proper care they will last a long time.
Happy minerals   :D    HTH

Offline lovingmomof2

• Adept
« Reply #193 on: November 09, 2008, 02:40:22 PM »
Ok I just read through all 7 pages, I've decided to return my Bare Minerals, but now I'm so confused and don't have enough time to thoroughly check out all the ideas everyone provided...so its a toss up of
Sandra's pure skin minerals
Mineral basics
Everyday Minerals
KT Naturals

So ladies...tell me, what's the best, whats the cheapest and what do I get? Which has the best brushes? Which brushes do I need? 
I think I will need a concealer, a foundation, and a finishing powder for each, does that sound right? thanks ladies!

When I was looking I found that over all Everyday Minerals had the best price.  They also have a page that will help you choose the right foundation color for your skin.  You can get a sample pack for free, you just pay the shipping.  You can get a free sample pack every time you order. 

I haven't tried any other brands, because I like the Everyday Minerals and didn't have any trouble with them.  They give you a very natural look.
Proverbs 31:26
"She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness."

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #194 on: November 09, 2008, 06:03:57 PM »
so I notice all of them except Sandras have the ultramarine blue...It seems like that is aluminum? Is that good? But than Sandras has boron and I'm not so fond of that either? are you ladies pretty sure these ingredients are safe, cause I'll just trust your word on it, cause its gotta be better than what I'm currently wearing! :)

Offline savannah

• Learning
« Reply #195 on: November 11, 2008, 01:59:01 PM »
I am having trouble getting all of my mineral makeup off at night. I wash my face with an olive oil and aloe soap bar, but it seems like it never comes completely off (hence the faint "face" outline left on my towels). Any suggestions?

I've had great luck with witch hazel. It takes everything off and leaves your face feeling refreshingly cool. It also helps with skin imperfections since it's a natural astringent. I hope that helps!  :)
does witch hazel always have alcohol in it?  also, is there a need to buy an organic kind of witch hazel?

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #196 on: November 12, 2008, 06:24:51 AM »
so I notice all of them except Sandras have the ultramarine blue...It seems like that is aluminum? Is that good? But than Sandras has boron and I'm not so fond of that either? are you ladies pretty sure these ingredients are safe, cause I'll just trust your word on it, cause its gotta be better than what I'm currently wearing! :)

Here is a quote from Sandra on the Boron-----
 boron - Our Boron Nitride is a soft silky white mineral powder.  It is used as an additive to improve the "slip" of a product (how smoothly the product applies) as well as "adhesion" (how long it stays on the skin).  Boron Nitride is a natural, inert mineral and it is a useful additive used in many foundations, concealers, eye shadows, and/or face and body powders.[/color]
She also mentioned that if you don't want Boron in your product she will gladly leave it out.   That is true customer service isn't it.    ;)

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #197 on: November 13, 2008, 11:08:38 AM »
thats awesome daisey...wish I would have waited and gone w/ her ... any other thoughts ladies on the ultramarine....am I missing something and its reaally not that bad for you?

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #198 on: November 13, 2008, 02:33:45 PM »
I guess I would try stay away from the Ultramarine Blue.   I think you will find it in most mineral makeup in their blue eye shadows.    I do believe you are right that it is from aluminum.

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
« Reply #199 on: November 13, 2008, 05:29:33 PM »
OK...You guys are scaring me with the blue eyeshadow...just from a fashion point of view  ;D  I'm having flashbacks of some bright blue eyelids on my 4th grade teacher. Yikes!!!  ::)
Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #200 on: November 14, 2008, 04:27:16 AM »
Oh Gwen, I saw your name on the reply and was all excited thinking...Oh good she normally has something good/informative to say...maybe she'll say the ultra marine is fine...And that's all I get!! :) That blue eye shadow is scary!! :) Well, I agree major flashbacks...BUT its NOT JUST in blue eye shadow...its in the foundation...and no I don't have blue undertones :)

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #201 on: November 14, 2008, 07:21:06 AM »
I remember having and wearing that vibrant blue eyeshadow in the late 60's!!!   Guess my take on it now it that if I can find a product that doesn't have it I would go with that.   Why take a chance when I don't have to?   Needless to say I don't wear blue eyeshadow anymore.   ::)

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #202 on: November 14, 2008, 07:28:46 AM »
OK...You guys are scaring me with the blue eyeshadow...just from a fashion point of view  ;D  I'm having flashbacks of some bright blue eyelids on my 4th grade teacher. Yikes!!!  ::)

The cashier at register #5 at our local WalMart!!   :o   :o   YIKES!!   I didn't know they even made that shade of blue! 
    (our children call her the blue-eye-shadow lady)
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #203 on: November 14, 2008, 09:54:26 AM »
well, they got me my order FAST (everyday minerals.com) and they included several samples and guess what ladies....they even included some of that cool blue eye shadow!!!  ;D thought that was hilarious...other good stuff too though!! I will probably def go w/ Sandra next time though cause I'm feeling icky about the ultra marine. And if she'll skip the boron and it still work for me WOO HOO!! What about iron oxides ladies...is that something to worry about. i was reading on the lead in ceramic thread and thought the oxides had something to do w/ lead...hate to quit using my crock pot only to smear lead on my face.   :o  this is really getting complicated!  ::)

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #204 on: November 14, 2008, 11:13:45 AM »
ok I feel and look totally caked...am I doing something wrong?

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
« Reply #205 on: November 14, 2008, 02:01:42 PM »
Mineral makeup is different from traditional powders and concealers.  Once you get a small amount on your brush, you tap off almost all of it (back into the container), then brush it on lightly over the whole surface...or where-ever you want it.  A little goes a long way.  Repeat if needed. 

It can look like morgue makeup if you put too much on. :D
Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #206 on: November 14, 2008, 03:47:36 PM »
You really need to buff!!!!   A lot!   Like Gwen said use just a little and buff in circles---you will get better coverage and don't need to use to much of the minerals that way.

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #207 on: November 14, 2008, 03:55:20 PM »
like lightly with the brush or like rubbing the brush in?? does that q make sense? :)

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #208 on: November 18, 2008, 11:16:17 AM »
like lightly with the brush or like rubbing the brush in?? does that q make sense? :)

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.
Lightly in a circular motion.   Just do it over and over again.  It shouldn't be hard.

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #209 on: November 18, 2008, 11:19:12 AM »
Ok...so I rubbed Coconut oil on my face before applying the mineral and everything felt soooo much better!! Yay! I'm happy w/ them now. I still feel pretty made up, but that's probably cause I am...I normally don't wear make up...I don't have that cakey feel anymore...Just feel like a clown when I look in the mirror  :D