Remedies & Therapies > Medicinal Herbs & Oils

Immune Booster for Daily/Regular Intake

<< < (3/3)

ForeverGirl:
I've had a lot of success with giving my kids an elderberry extract to raise their immune systems. The most common one is SAMBUCOL, and is available most health food stores. It tastes good.

Also a kids vitamin would be a good thing to add to his daily routine. I gave my kids Juice Plus vitamins, and although they taste great - I don't think they are anything special as far as ingredients. Beeyoutiful.com is working on a kid's vitamin that will be GREAT. It should be ready by Fall 2006. Until then, I'd recommend Juice Plus and Sambucol Elderberry Syrup.

From recent research I've also found that a lot of skin problems are due to GI tract related illnesses. Your son is likely to be allergic to some foods - like dairy. He may have yeast overgrowth. I'd recommend a probiotic like Tummy Tune-Up and, if he's old enough, Yeast Assassin. Also, notice if his skin seems worse or better after certain foods.

God bless,

Rebekah

kittyninja:

--- Quote from: BeeyoutifulGirl on June 10, 2006, 10:35:18 AM ---I've had a lot of success with giving my kids an elderberry extract to raise their immune systems. The most common one is SAMBUCOL, and is available most health food stores. It tastes good.

Also a kids vitamin would be a good thing to add to his daily routine. I gave my kids Juice Plus vitamins, and although they taste great - I don't think they are anything special as far as ingredients. Beeyoutiful.com is working on a kid's vitamin that will be GREAT. It should be ready by Fall 2006. Until then, I'd recommend Juice Plus and Sambucol Elderberry Syrup.

--- End quote ---

Finally bought some of this after 2 years of saying i'm going to-now here's the thing! I got "original syrup" but after reading the label at home it says to get the "immune system" one for year round AND i have to buy Sambucol for kids to give to them-is this just marketing for more moola or do i really have to exchange this one and go buy 2?  THanks for the help!
kittyninja

Caroline:
Could I give this to my 8 month old baby?

ForeverGirl:

--- Quote from: kittyninja on June 15, 2006, 05:26:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: BeeyoutifulGirl on June 10, 2006, 10:35:18 AM ---I've had a lot of success with giving my kids an elderberry extract to raise their immune systems. The most common one is SAMBUCOL, and is available most health food stores. It tastes good.

--- End quote ---

Finally bought some of this after 2 years of saying i'm going to-now here's the thing! I got "original syrup" but after reading the label at home it says to get the "immune system" one for year round AND i have to buy Sambucol for kids to give to them-is this just marketing for more moola or do i really have to exchange this one and go buy 2?  THanks for the help!
kittyninja

--- End quote ---

I used the regular Sambucol syrup for all my kids, and baby's. I think the youngest age my baby had it was about 8 months.

You could buy the kid syrup later if you want. I think I've always bought the regular stuff.

Rebekah

Maria/NHM:

--- End quote ---

Has anyone tried making this yourselves? I'm just learning about making herbal tinctures and it's really fun ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version