Author Topic: Immune Booster for Daily/Regular Intake  (Read 9450 times)

Offline sarahmontgomery

• Adept
  • Isaiah 12:2
Immune Booster for Daily/Regular Intake
« on: June 08, 2006, 08:15:50 AM »
I am looking for a recipe for your immune system.  it seems like my kids pick up their share of colds and we have ALOT of kids at church.  What can I do to raise the immune system?  What can I stop doing that lowers the immune system?   ??? 
Home, home on the range, where the deer and the cantaloupe play..... according to my 4 year old

Offline ALittleMore

• Adept
Re: Immune Booster for Daily/Regular Intake
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 08:39:42 AM »
Here's what we use, it works very well.

http://www.myvitanet.com/ecblenliq1oz1.html

(We get it locally for a better price, you might try your nutrition store or shop around a bit online.)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 08:42:58 AM by ALittleMore »

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 08:40:46 AM »
I am looking for a recipe for your immune system.  it seems like my kids pick up their share of colds and we have ALOT of kids at church.  What can I do to raise the immune system?  What can I stop doing that lowers the immune system?   ??? 

Add LOTS of fresh garlic to your cooking.  Onions, peppers and ginger too.  Fermented foods also add immunity to certain bugs.  Probiotics (same as fermented foods).  First and foremost, heal the gut and keep it in tip top shape.  Good fats, low sugar, fermented foods, etc.

Just in case you're wondering, my kids very rarely get sick and when they do it's very short lived.  They have been exposed over and over and still they seem to be immune when all the other kids have the snotty noses and the coughs.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 08:42:36 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Kansas Girl

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 03:19:22 PM »
My family has been taking Elderberry Concentrate for 2 years and it has drastically cut down on the amount and duration of sickness in our home.  We rarely get sick and when we do its usually because I forgot to buy more Elderberry :P  -KG
having a baby" border="0

Offline sarahmontgomery

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 12:59:02 AM »
Do you take the eldereberry everyday?  Like you would a vitamin.
Home, home on the range, where the deer and the cantaloupe play..... according to my 4 year old

Offline Kansas Girl

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 02:25:30 AM »
Do you take the eldereberry everyday?  Like you would a vitamin.
Yes, we take it every day.  I put about a teaspoon (1/2 tsp. for very small children) in a cup and add grape or apple juice to it so the kids will drink it.  It is pretty sour stuff without the juice.  -KG
having a baby" border="0

Offline sarahmontgomery

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 09:39:36 AM »
my son has a rash that keeps coming back. it is usually on his face or head.  the doctor says it is type 1 dermatitis and it is due to a low immune system.  i am wondering what i can give on a daily basis to help his immune system and hopefully get rid of the rash.

Offline sarahmontgomery

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 03:58:13 AM »
Where do you get the elderberry concentrate?  Brand name.  There are sooooo many brands out there.

Offline Kansas Girl

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 05:10:01 AM »
We have a local winery that makes it and distributes it to local stores called Wildwood Cellars.  It costs about 20.00 a bottle but that usually lasts us a month with a family of five.  -KG
having a baby" border="0

Offline amazonmama2five

• Adept
    • Amazonmamasadventures
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 06:31:07 AM »
I don't know if you have ever heard of Propolis before.  But I take it daily and it really helps the immune system.  I get mine right here in Brazil, but the Beeyoutiful Store sells it in pill form.  Hope this has been a help.
Lisa
He is no fool that gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.~Jim Elliot
My Intro
Visit our site!

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 10:35:18 AM »
I've had a lot of success with giving my kids an elderberry extract to raise their immune systems. The most common one is SAMBUCOL, and is available most health food stores. It tastes good.

Also a kids vitamin would be a good thing to add to his daily routine. I gave my kids Juice Plus vitamins, and although they taste great - I don't think they are anything special as far as ingredients. Beeyoutiful.com is working on a kid's vitamin that will be GREAT. It should be ready by Fall 2006. Until then, I'd recommend Juice Plus and Sambucol Elderberry Syrup.

From recent research I've also found that a lot of skin problems are due to GI tract related illnesses. Your son is likely to be allergic to some foods - like dairy. He may have yeast overgrowth. I'd recommend a probiotic like Tummy Tune-Up and, if he's old enough, Yeast Assassin. Also, notice if his skin seems worse or better after certain foods.

God bless,

Rebekah
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline kittyninja

• KITTYNINJA
  • Master
    • blogger
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 05:26:45 AM »
I've had a lot of success with giving my kids an elderberry extract to raise their immune systems. The most common one is SAMBUCOL, and is available most health food stores. It tastes good.

Also a kids vitamin would be a good thing to add to his daily routine. I gave my kids Juice Plus vitamins, and although they taste great - I don't think they are anything special as far as ingredients. Beeyoutiful.com is working on a kid's vitamin that will be GREAT. It should be ready by Fall 2006. Until then, I'd recommend Juice Plus and Sambucol Elderberry Syrup.

Finally bought some of this after 2 years of saying i'm going to-now here's the thing! I got "original syrup" but after reading the label at home it says to get the "immune system" one for year round AND i have to buy Sambucol for kids to give to them-is this just marketing for more moola or do i really have to exchange this one and go buy 2?  THanks for the help!
kittyninja

Offline Caroline

• Adept
    • New Little Blessing
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 10:54:58 AM »
Could I give this to my 8 month old baby?
Caroline
www.newlittleblessing.com
Ergos, Pregnancy/Ovulation tests, Books, Modest Patterns, Modest Nursing covers, Baby and Child size slings and Vitamins!

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2006, 04:31:45 AM »

Finally bought some of this after 2 years of saying i'm going to-now here's the thing! I got "original syrup" but after reading the label at home it says to get the "immune system" one for year round AND i have to buy Sambucol for kids to give to them-is this just marketing for more moola or do i really have to exchange this one and go buy 2?  THanks for the help!
kittyninja

I used the regular Sambucol syrup for all my kids, and baby's. I think the youngest age my baby had it was about 8 months.

You could buy the kid syrup later if you want. I think I've always bought the regular stuff.

Rebekah
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline Maria/NHM

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2006, 04:40:40 AM »

Has anyone tried making this yourselves? I'm just learning about making herbal tinctures and it's really fun ;D

« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 11:26:24 AM by Ella »
My Blog
http://naturallyhealthymommy.blogspot.com/
Learning and sharing about nutrition and herbs
My user name used to be Ella :)