Author Topic: Awesome baby seat  (Read 15550 times)

Offline Pennie

• Master
Awesome baby seat
« on: June 09, 2006, 09:10:35 AM »
I don't know if any of you with small babies have heard of the bumbo seat but my sister gave me one last month and I had never even heard of them before.  I LOOOOOOVE IT!(in a sing song voice) ;D  Baby loves it too.  She could sit in it starting at about 2ish months when she could hold her head up good.  It allows them to sit UP and that is her favorite position and it is so light!  I took it with me to the store today and just put in in the basket with her in it as opposed to carrying in the car seat.  I can't remember the web site but you can search bumbo baby seat and it brings it up.  it's PROBLY bumbo.com but I'm not sure of that. 

Offline Wife, Mom, Teacher

• Learning
    • Wife, Mom, Teacher
Re: Awesome baby seat
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 10:18:30 AM »
I saw this seat for the first time recently when my son (my last child) was about 6 months and it would have been great for him, I just didn't want to spend the money on it.  It seems like a really cool little seat, though!

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 10:23:49 AM »
I saw this seat for the first time recently when my son (my last child) was about 6 months and it would have been great for him, I just didn't want to spend the money on it.  It seems like a really cool little seat, though!
That's what my sister said.  She said her babies legs were to fat :)  Course just b/t us and the other 402 members  :D my sister found mine is someone junk pile.  One persons trash is anothers treasure.  ;)

Offline felmleyfam

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 05:54:42 PM »
I just packed mine in my luggage to take with us to OR tomorrrow. I was so glad it fit and you don't have to worry about it getting damaged on the plane because it is so spongy. I never use a high chair anymore. I just prop the bumbo on the counter and it is WONDERFUL. I can't wait to use it for the next baby coming in August. It is so worth the money and it takes up so little space! ;D yeah for Bumbo. I got mine on Ebay
happy wife & momma ! When people say, "you have your hands full," I say, "and my heart!!!" It changes their negative attitude into a positive one in a few seconds flat

Offline momofmany

• Learning
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 04:15:27 PM »
The physical therapist that is treating my 6 mo. old foster son brought one for him to use.  I really like it and so does he.  He does get frustrated in it though b/c it dosen't really allow the baby to be able to hold anything, course that may be b/c he is on the small side.  I would definately use it again, but I would use caution, bitty babies are not meant to sit for long periods of time in them.  Mom's lap is so much nicer! :D

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 04:32:06 PM »
We mostly use ours when we go shopping or out to eat :)  Our baby loves her seat. She can see her hands better and is fascinated by them!!

Dewbear

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 04:52:03 PM »
I could not live without mine!  I don't know what I did with my other two kids!  Seriously -- he sits on the counter while I cook, sits on the table while we eat, sits on the grass while we work outside, etc.  He is constantly a part of things, & it's totally great!!

Offline bizymum

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 10:21:47 AM »
I got a message this week that the Bumbo seats have been recalled.  Just wanted to pass on the info.
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml08/08046.html
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 10:28:32 AM by bizymum »

Offline Daniel's Cousin

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 10:58:11 AM »
I got a message this week that the Bumbo seats have been recalled.  Just wanted to pass on the info.
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml08/08046.html

It looks like they'll probably still sell the seats- just with a new warning label....
And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13

Offline here-n-there-a-little

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 03:20:04 AM »
Has anyone been able to compare the Lionheart BeBe Pod with the Bumbo?  A friend of mine has the Bumbo and loves it.  I couldn't find the Bumbo anywhere, but I found the Lionheart version at Wal-mart.  Is there any significant differences?

Offline StephTallent

• Adept
    • Beeyoutiful
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 06:12:27 AM »
Just had to chime in with my two cents about the Bumbo.  Friends of ours gave one to our Noelle.  It had been one of the many baby "specialty" items that are available these days that I had chosen not to spend money on.  If I had it to go back over I would have bought one for her MUCH earlier!  She is one of those babies that gets unbelievably frustrated with the limited view of things from the floors perspective and this allowed her to sit up and be a part of everything that we did in any part of the house.  I have not bought her a high chair yet either because the Bumbo is soooo easy to wipe down and takes up far less space than a High Chair does.

I have not compared the Bumbo with the Wal Mart equivalent but would imagine it would work just as well.  The Bumbo is such a super simplistic design it seems like it would be very easy to replicate and maybe even make slight improvements to without any difficulty at all.

Here is a picture of Noelle enjoying hers for those of you who want to see what it looks like/how it works.  ;D

Do not become so focused on where you are, and the destination you forget from whence you came. Concentrate not on what is to be attained so that you forget to extend encouragement, love and help to those behind.

Offline lotsaboys

• Master
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 06:52:45 AM »
The bumbo is something I wish I would've had 9 babies ago! Our 6 mo. old has learned how to stiffen himself and flip out already (fortunately only when on the floor) so my boys (of course;) ) came up with the great idea of using a belt to wrap around it, from the bottom up, and strap him in. So far, so good.

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
  • Wife, mom, motorcycle enthusiast, and chocoholic.
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 07:34:30 AM »
My kids' thighs were SO big that they could not fit into a bumbo by the time  they were ready to start sitting upright.  I was bummed.   ::)
That's Shabby SHEIK not Shabby CHICK.  Hee-hee.

Offline nexis777

• Adept
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 10:37:41 AM »
That picture of Noelle is SOOOOO cute  ;D ;D ;D
I've seen these seats before, but never particularly wanted to spend the money on one... However, with a new baby on the way, and a very petite little 13 month old who loves to sit in things..... I think it just might be well worth it  ;) Thanks for sharing the recommendation!!!

• Adept
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 12:52:08 PM »
Has anyone been able to compare the Lionheart BeBe Pod with the Bumbo?  Is there any significant differences?

Bump  ;D

If there IS major differences, I might return mine and get the Bumbo.  Without them side by side, it seems that maybe the Bebe Pod has more sitting room.  My kids tend to be on the more petite side, so the Bumbo might be better... does anyone know?

Offline Amber

• Learning
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 05:33:06 PM »
My sis-in-law has the BeBe, or whatever it's called, and I borrowed the Bumbo.  And what I noticed was the Bumbo seemed like it had a tighter fit.  Also the Bumbo is squishy, while the BeBe is hard plastic.  My babe was 20 lb. at 6 months, with very chubby legs, and she fit great in the Bumbo.  I used it for my gal from age 2 months to age 7 months.  She would stretch backwards in it and never be able to get out of it.  Until about 7 months when, thankfully, on the floor, she managed to remove herself from it! :)I echo the others in wondering how I ever got through my 3 other babes without the Bumbo.  I took it everywhere.  I loved using it in restaraunts and avoiding those nasty highchairs!  It was the main "baby" item I took on our vacation to OBX, NC.  It worked great in the sand at the beach, by the pool and in the bathtub.  It washes very easily...I just sprayed it off in my sink.  I would suggest buying it with a friend or family member, if your babes will be at least 7 months apart you will both get your use out of it.

• Adept
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 02:02:07 AM »
I wish I could try the Bumbo.  I am happy enough with the BabePod, but it seems very slippery so I am frequently having to readjust my dd (5mo) because she slides uncomfortibly one way or another.  I don't have a problem with hardness of it. It is a flexible foam, its just the slippery surface.  I seem to remember the Bumbo had a texture on the seat part??  I think that would help if the BabePod had it.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2008, 04:26:39 AM »
I wish I could try the Bumbo.  I am happy enough with the BabePod, but it seems very slippery so I am frequently having to readjust my dd (5mo) because she slides uncomfortibly one way or another.  I don't have a problem with hardness of it. It is a flexible foam, its just the slippery surface.  I seem to remember the Bumbo had a texture on the seat part??  I think that would help if the BabePod had it.
Go to the shoe store and buy some non-slip grips for the bottoms of ladies dress shoes.  Stick them in the seat, and voila, you have non-slip grip.  Never tried this, but it sounded like a good idea.  ;D
  My favorite herb book!!

• Adept
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 05:53:03 AM »
Go to the shoe store and buy some non-slip grips for the bottoms of ladies dress shoes.  Stick them in the seat, and voila, you have non-slip grip.  Never tried this, but it sounded like a good idea.  ;D
Wow!  That's an awesome idea!!  Thanks!

Offline LoveSunflowers

• Master
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2008, 05:59:55 AM »
I don't know if any of your are Craig's List users but I see the Bumbo seats on there all the time. Usually for about $25.00, a big savings. Anyway, having a Bumbo seat, I can't imagine anything happening to it so that you wouldn't want it used. :) Except maybe some color fading. But, if you aren't picky that wouldn't matter. We loved our Bumbo but my little ones legs were so long, he learned to stand up out of it! Sigh... My SIL uses it now and her baby is almost 12 mos. and he is on the tiny side. His cloth diaper helps hold his buns down. :)
Jess

• Adept
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2008, 11:00:02 AM »
OK.  I just found a Bumbo and thought I would give a 'review' on the differences between the Bumbo and the BeBePod.  The Bumbo is way more supportive of the baby and there is a little more traction.  I could see how if a baby was very fat that might be a problem and the BeBePod might be better, but for my 6mo old (16#), the Bumbo is better.  Also, my dd is starting to figure out she can arch her back while sitting in the BebePod.  I can see that she might figure out how to get herself out of the BebePod that way, but I don't know if she could do that in the Bumbo because it appears much more supportive.  Thought I would let you know that I like the Bumbo MUCH better than the BebePod. 

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2009, 04:57:44 PM »

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 04:07:10 PM »
This seat was only recalled because people put their babies in the seat on elevated objects like countertops or tables and then get distracted, so the baby is able to wriggle out.  There are warnings all over the packaging (as if it isn't just common sense!!)  If your baby is especially thin, I would think that the risk would be greater since my chubbos were usually wedged in to tightly to fall out.   ;D    ~L

• Adept
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2009, 03:59:43 AM »
The recall also occurred two years ago.  All new Bumbos have the new warning stickers on them.  Bumbos manufactured before the 2007 recall only received a warning label to affix to the Bumbo if you brought it in for the recall.