Author Topic: Parasites & Cleanses  (Read 103846 times)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Parasites & Cleanses
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2006, 07:35:36 AM »
These sound like pinworms. 

I've been trying to confirm what kind of worms these are. Seen more pictures of worms than I ever wanted :P All the pictures that I've seen of pinworms are long and really thin. These worms are short and fat Like big grains of rice and some of them are red. Not that it matters but I'd like to know for sure what they are. anyone? Also four days later and he's still passing worms three times a day. I had no idea it could be this bad!

Maria

Try images on google.  But be prepared for eeeeeeew! ;D
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2006, 07:37:05 AM »
They weren't pinworms. We had those for years and always knew it--they come out at night to lay their eggs!  We finally got rid of them with heavy doses of garlic.

Numero (husband of Anita and father of eight members of the sandpile tribe)

exactly what do you mean "they come out"?   ??? :-\ 

They crawl out of the anus and lay eggs in the perinial area and then crawl back up.  VERY VERY GROSS, but very true.

(Kinda like sea turtles laying their eggs on the beach. LOL)
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthnut

• Adept
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2006, 10:04:18 PM »
A Parasite cleanse might be in order here....I only know of four.

drnatura.com carries the Colonix program (very good and more than a parasite cleanse)

pbiv.com carries the ParaCleanse (highly recommended by Shonda Parker, author of Mommy Diagnostics and the Naturally Healthy Pregnancy)

renewlife.com carries ParaGone

mountainmeadowherbs.com carries Para-rid (liquid)

The main thing to remember is that the majority of parasites are MICROSCOPIC!!! Very gross and scary but I would prefer to kill them and remove them from my body than leave them there.  :o

Anyway that is all the info I have; hope your hubby gets better. Its no fun being unhealthy  ;)

Offline Maria/NHM

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2006, 03:27:10 AM »
I thought yeast assassin would work as a parasite cleanse? He's also going to start doing some enemas with the yeast assassin to finish clearing them out. I hope that will be enough.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 11:29:24 AM by Ella »
My Blog
http://naturallyhealthymommy.blogspot.com/
Learning and sharing about nutrition and herbs
My user name used to be Ella :)

Offline jaemom

• Adept
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2006, 05:18:57 AM »
Okay, I have to say that I'm not real hip to the enema idea. ???  Can you do a parasite cleanse without doing an enema?  Can taking it orally do the trick?
I wanted to bump this to the top again because I have the same quesion!

Same question here....any takers?
Wife to J (10 yrs)
Mom to B (9), G (7), G (2), and B (1)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2006, 06:19:55 AM »
I thought yeast assassin would work as a parasite cleanse? He's also going to start doing some enemas with the yeast assassin to finish clearing them out. I hope that will be enough.

Maria

It is.  Black Walnut, one of the ingredients is anti-parasitic.  It even kills the stuff living under the tree.  I have four of them and the only thing that grows under them is grass.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2006, 06:20:57 AM »
Okay, I have to say that I'm not real hip to the enema idea. ???  Can you do a parasite cleanse without doing an enema?  Can taking it orally do the trick?
I wanted to bump this to the top again because I have the same quesion!

Same question here....any takers?

Take Yeast Assassin.  It contains Black Walnut which is anti-parasitic.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Gabe Rising

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2006, 06:28:03 AM »
I believe that enemas are almost always unnecessary. The things that Beka listed can all be taken orally as well... and, Yeast Assassin does contain a great mix.

--gabe

Offline jaemom

• Adept
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2006, 08:19:12 AM »
Whew!  Thanks!   ;D
Wife to J (10 yrs)
Mom to B (9), G (7), G (2), and B (1)

Offline Numero

• Learning
  • My 5th cousin.
    • White Man
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2006, 09:22:46 AM »
They're probably tapeworm sections.
According to the photos at curezone these look just like grains of rice.
Three of our children have had roundworms come out spontaneously in their stool--just one, just once. The usual pharmacy drugs do such a thorough job of disentigrating the worms (if they indeed kill them) that there's never any evidence after taking them, so we've stopped going that route. All we use now is garlic, which has proven somewhat effective against pinworms and roundworms.
We've used sodium lauryl sulfate on our sheep, which seemed to work, but now I read that stuff is awful for you, so back to square one.  What we need is a naturopathic vet!

Numero (who's probably had tapeworms but never tested positive)

Offline healthnut

• Adept
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2006, 11:30:05 PM »
I didn't discover anything about Yeast Assassin/Leaky Gut syndrome till after I did my parasite cleanse.   ::) They do have similar ingredients, most anti-parasitics have many more herbs.

The most common anti-parasitic ingredients (out of the four brands I've seen) are:

Wormwood (in all four; the rest are in three out of four)
Black Walnut
Clove
Garlic
Grapefruit
Pumpkin seeds
and Quassia

Anasts and Tallents: Is there any chance that you could add the above ingredients to Yeast Assassin so people could do a Parasite/Yeast cleanse at once???

I know it would sure simplify my life. My husband would be more willing to do the anti-yeast/parasite stuff if he could take one pill for both problems.  Please say Yes!!! 8)  I have lots more to say about how incredible and wonderful that would be!!! (but I'll stop here  :D)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2006, 01:10:32 PM »
I posted this in another thread and thought it would also be appropriate here.

The Green Pharmacy says...

Ginger is helpful against anisakis worm (a Japanese worm found in sushi).  Ginger however is only safe for pregnant women in small doses.

Quote from: theProver.com
Clinical findings on Ginger reveal that it possesses a broad range of antihelmintic effects including activity against some of the world's most widespread and dangerous parasites. This strong activity has been demonstrated with nematodes or roundworms including Anisakis, Ascaris and Filaria and trematodes or flatworms in the Schistosoma genus. Although most of this is performed using in vitro tests, the results are promising and deserve further study...more

Quote from: James A. Duke, Ph.D author of The Green Pharmacy
A while back, one of my nieces telephoned to ask what I would recommend for morning sickness. She was pregnant and having trouble keeping anything down. I was faced with my usual problem: I'm a botanist, not a clinician. Suppose I'm wrong? I would never want to suggest to my niece that she try anything that might be dangerous to her or her baby.

I'd once told my daughter to try ginger for morning sickness, and now I was prepared to recommend the same for my niece. My only hesitation was the counsel of one pharmacologist, who said thatginger might stimulate miscarriage. But I couldn't imagine a cup or two of ginger tea doing this, so with the one caution I had also given my daughter--to go slowly--I suggested the herb to my niece. She phoned back to say that theginger helped, with no noticeable side effects.

I'll still counsel ginger until I get more evidence that the pharmacologist's warning has merit. Meanwhile, I've never seen anything safer or better for morning sickness.

Shortly after I talked with my niece, I learned of a study that probably explains the pharmacologist's concern about miscarriage. It turns out that it takes less than 1 gram of ginger to control the nausea of morning sickness, while the Chinese, who use the herb to bring on menstruation (and possibly abortion) use 20 to 28 grams for this purpose.

Very roughly, a strong cup of ginger tea might contain about 250 milligrams of the herb, which is about 1Ž80 of the amount necessary to trigger miscarriage. A heavily spiced Chinese dish might contain 500 milligrams--1Ž40 of the miscarriage dose--and an eight-ounce glass of ginger ale could contain 1,000 milligrams--1Ž20 of the menstruation-triggering dose. You'd have to gag down a heck of a lot of ginger before you'd have to be concerned about any kind of problems.

Pumpkin seeds and extracts.  Recommended dosage is 1 ounce of pumpkin seeds a day while problems persist.

Garlic.  Used to treat pinworms, roundworms, giardia (an amoeba) and others.  Recommended dosage:  juice 3 cloves with four to six ouncces of carrot juice and taking it every two hours.

Pinapple.  Effective against pinworms if eaten for 3 days.

Tumeric .  Good for worms (particularly nematodes). 
Turmeric contains four compounds with antiparasitic action.  Individually, each of these compounds is ineffective, but when they're mixed together, they have strong wrom-killing properties.
Enjoy in curry dishes (key ingredient in curry).

Cloves.  Active against several parasites including intestinal worms.  Take a strong clove tea or add powdered cloves to pinapple or papaya juice.

Wormseed.  Use in concentrated tea.  The concentrated wormseed oil is too potent to use.  Look for this herb under the name "epazote".

Papaya seeds.
The Choco Indians that I studied more than three decades ago used to take the protein-digesting (proteolytic) latex of papaya to get rid of intestinal parasites.  My new Peruvian Indian friends have gotten a mite more efficient and tidy:  They swallow about a dozen of the pellet-size papaya seeds to accomplish the same end.  I have chewd papaya seeds, and they are almost as hot as mustard seeds.

Wormseed and Papaya seeds are not recommended for pregnant women.

[/size]

Quote from: James A. Duke, Ph.D author of The Green Pharmacy
Finally, because proteolytic enzymes play such a major role in worm treatments, I'd recommend my Protelade, a fruit smoothie made by blending the juice and pulp of fruits that are well-endowed with these enzymes.  These include breadfruit, figs, papaya and pineapple.  Spice the beverage to taste with cloves, ginger and turmeric.  (Unless you live in the tropics, you probably won't be able to get the breadfruit.  It's okay to leave it out.)  You might also add a little prune juice as a laxative to help expel dislodged worms.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 01:17:27 PM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2006, 07:54:12 AM »
I saw a new doctor that is very open to herbal treatments and is actually HAPPY that we don't vaccinate the kids.  Hard to believe, I know.  Well, he is doing a comprehensive three day stool testing on my son and thinks he may have a parasitic infection.  I told him of the herbs that are anti-parasitic and he questioned the black walnut hulls as one of the ingredients.  He asked me if I ever saw a walnut before.  I kinda looked at him dumbfounded and anwered, yeah!  He said they are always full of worms.  Well, is this true, or not?  I want to say yes, because I believe that God made creatures like that to break down those pieces that squirrels don't eat.  But so many studies have shown that it really is a good anti parasite thing to take.  Anyone know if maybe it repells certain kinds of worms?  Just curious if anyone has any two cents on this!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2006, 09:49:30 AM »
Well, is this true, or not?  I want to say yes, because I believe that God made creatures like that to break down those pieces that squirrels don't eat.  But so many studies have shown that it really is a good anti parasite thing to take.  Anyone know if maybe it repells certain kinds of worms?  Just curious if anyone has any two cents on this!

It's only the green hulls that are reputed to be antiparasitic, not the shells or the nuts themselves. 

Also, I have four walnut trees and we have to pick up walnuts all the time, and personally, I've never seen a single worm in any of them.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2006, 09:55:46 AM »
I just learned last week that figs are a vermifuge. They actually eat the parasite and digest it.  There are no worms found in fig trees.  I learned that from my natropath. AND I BOUGHT SOME.  They are dried figs.  Pretty tasty too, I didn't know if I would like them.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2006, 12:42:03 PM »

It's only the green hulls that are reputed to be antiparasitic, not the shells or the nuts themselves.

Also, I have four walnut trees and we have to pick up walnuts all the time, and personally, I've never seen a single worm in any of them.

I thought this, too, but wasn't sure.  I have a walnut tree in my yard and even told the doctor that I have never seen a worm in those.  I guess if the parasite thing comes back positive I will put him on a liquid like ParaRid and the doctor will have to see for himself.  After all, he is open to it.  Thank goodness!

Offline Gabe Rising

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2006, 12:46:53 PM »
We are thinking about this post (below). Beeyoutiful is not opposed to changing the formula for Yeast Assassin, however... the formula already works REALLY well for parasites... we chose to market it for Yeast as that is a more common problem for most people, and it is very difficult to "diagnose" parasites in most cases, whereas it is fairly simple to identify yeast overgrowth.

Here are some other thoughts.

1) Oregano oil in Yeast Assassin works very similarly to the way Clove oil would work.
2) Garlic, Pumpkin seeds, and Grapefruit are quite edible as they are and,
3) Garlic is hard to stabilize... we have an odorless garlic gel that you can take with Yeast Assassin if you like, but adding this ingredient to Yeast Assassin would be cost prohibitive.
4) Grapefruit Seed Crush is a new product (not on Beeyoutiful yet... give them a week I think) that is similar to any Grapefruit seed extract you have seen on the market and is MUCH more potent than any grapefruit extract powder we could put in a capsule.

So, if you think that Yeast Assassin is not getting all the Parasites... maybe try adding an odorless garlic gel, and washing it down with an 8 oz. glass of orange juice with three or four (only 3 or 4!) drops of grapefruit seed crush mixed in.

...I know that most people don't have the stomach-of-a-goat that I possess, however, I commonly crush and dice a garlic clove, and then swallow it down with a glass of water like you might with a couple pills... I know there are many of you that cannot take the whole Supermom... I am the type that can wash down two SuperMom's, some Spirulina and bee pollen, and three 1000mg vitamin C's... all at once! Just thought I'd add that for some odd reason...

We're thinking about the Yeast Assassin. We'll tell you if we upgrade it!

--gabe

I didn't discover anything about Yeast Assassin/Leaky Gut syndrome till after I did my parasite cleanse.   ::) They do have similar ingredients, most anti-parasitics have many more herbs.

The most common anti-parasitic ingredients (out of the four brands I've seen) are:

Wormwood (in all four; the rest are in three out of four)
Black Walnut
Clove
Garlic
Grapefruit
Pumpkin seeds
and Quassia

Anasts and Tallents: Is there any chance that you could add the above ingredients to Yeast Assassin so people could do a Parasite/Yeast cleanse at once???

I know it would sure simplify my life. My husband would be more willing to do the anti-yeast/parasite stuff if he could take one pill for both problems.  Please say Yes!!! 8)  I have lots more to say about how incredible and wonderful that would be!!! (but I'll stop here  :D)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 12:50:15 PM by Gabriel Anast »

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2006, 12:58:10 PM »
okay, I asked my daughter, who picks up more walnuts than I do, if she had ever witnessed any worms in the walnuts to which she answered a "duh".  So, now I'm intrigued, so I went to google and here's what I found.

An anaerobic organism or anaerobe is any organism that does not require oxygen for growth. Obligate anaerobes will die when exposed to atmospheric levels of oxygen,...

Microaerophile

Microaerophilic organisms are a specific type of organism that requires oxygen to survive, but requires or can tolerate environments containing lower levels of oxygen than are present in the atmosphere (~20% concentration).

Examples include Borrelia burgdorferi, a species of spirochaete bacteria that causes Lyme disease in humans, and Helicobacter pylori, a species of proteobacteria that has been linked to peptic ulcers and some types of gastritis...from

Apparently black walnut hull does not kill parasite directly, rather it oxygenates the blood to cause higher concentrations of atmospheric type conditions which the above anerobes cannot tolerate.  Two more organisms that fit the above definition are Trichomonas vaginalis, and Giardia intestinalis.

I couldn't find any evidence that tapeworms, hookworms or pinworms fell into either of these categories, but didn't find any evidence that they don't either. 

I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 02:32:52 PM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2006, 02:51:22 PM »
Okay, tapeworms, flukes, pinworms, and hookworms all fall into the category called "Helminth".  I found an article on Helminths and here's what it says.

Obligate Parasites (such as all viruses, and most of the helminth parasites described below) are those where the organism must parasitise another organism. These parasites may often ause disease, in which case they are referred to as Pathogenic Parasites....

from General Information on Parasitology
With Particular Reference to
Parasitic Helminths

all of these parasites and many others were described in this article as being obligate anaerobic organisms meaning they cannot survive in high oxygen environments; thus black walnut producing oxygen in the bloodstream would help to rid the body of these nasty invaders.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2006, 05:11:36 PM »
wonder if anyone can help me find the post/posts that listed deworming herbs for pets or animals?  not having any luck, thanks!
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2006, 06:19:26 PM »
I found this

http://welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,936.msg6499.html#msg6499

but nothing else, sorry.

Maybe you should bump this topic and see if someone has some tried methods for you to try.  I buy stuff from the vet.  So I don't have a clue. 
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2006, 01:01:08 PM »
thanks HB!  appreciate your help!   ;D
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2006, 02:23:57 PM »
thanks HB!  appreciate your help!   ;D

You're very welcome.  Always eager to help.   ;D
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline dakotarose

• Learning
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2006, 06:14:44 AM »
Is the ParaRid okay for  a nursing Mom?  The website says its great for children but doesn't say anything about nursing mothers.

Offline lotsaboys

• Master
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2006, 07:07:14 AM »
The literature we received with ours has a caution on the back- if you are pg or nursing, consult health care provider before taking. I'm nursing, so didn't take any when I treated the rest of my family this month.

Offline dakotarose

• Learning
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2006, 07:46:02 AM »
I just recieved my order of Para-Rid.  They brochure says to begin the treatment 2 days prior to full moon.  Does anyone know how important that is?  Will the treatment not be effective started at any other time.  Full moon was just 5 days ago and I don't feel like waiting a month to begin the treatment

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2006, 03:23:28 PM »
I read on here that a spoonful of garlic a day for five days will kill worms in kids.  Does it kill other parasites too?  I'm pretty sure my son (or maybe all of them) has worms. :o  Not that I've seen any in his stool, but he CONSTANTLY eats and cries all day about how hungry he is.  He's never satisfied.  He'll eat dinner and then cry b/c he is still so hungry.  Does that sound like worms?  I know it's yeast too.  I just want to know if the garlic will kill the worms and other parasites.  Can I give it to my 2 yr old also?  I read that you can get worms and parasites from tics and my 2 yr old had a tic on him over night before we noticed it.  Now I'm really freaked out! :o  So, what do you think?
Wife for 11 years, Mommy to 3 rambunctious boys!!  :)  Lover of Jesus, my hubby, my kids, and learning!
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://glutenfreegoose.blogspot.com/

Offline 4girls

• Learning
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2006, 02:06:57 PM »
mountain meadow herbs has an incredible parasite cleanse, it is called para rid, they have no website but their phone number is 888-528-8615,  extremly nice people, they also have fantastic products for childbirth, uteris toneing after childbirth, anti nausea, and much more, I believe you can ordor a catalog, but after my sisterinlaw did the cleanse on her family i was so impressed i sent for it myself, havent used it tho yet.  I also made my own strong parasite cleanse tincture, I think it smells kinda good,  ???

Thanks for the info. I just odered the cleanse for my girls. My 2 year old daughter twice know has had itching in her girl part I checked bothtimes and found tiny little clearworms I don't understand how they got there.
                                     4girls

Offline greenbean

• Learning
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2006, 06:58:06 PM »
Another herbal combination is:

* Black Walnut Hulls (from the black walnut tree)
* Wormwood (from the Artemisia shrub)
* Common Cloves (from the clove tree)

These three herbs must be used together. Black walnut hull and wormwood kill adults and developmental stages of at least 100 parasites. Cloves kill the eggs.

The link where you can read about how to use them for adults, kids, and pets is:
http://curezone.com/clark/parasites.asp

heatlh85

« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2006, 10:18:31 PM »
Hi,
  I was looking at the Colonix Cleanse from the drnatura.com site and it looked very impressive. I was wondering for those who have done this cleanse if you would recommend buying this product. What were your results if you do not mind sharing and side effects(if any)? 
Thanks,
LaMeisha