Author Topic: Inflammation & Diet  (Read 85465 times)

YoopreMama

Re: Inflammation & Diet
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2007, 07:35:00 AM »
Does anyone have a fat profile for peanut butter? (I finally found some organic dry roasted natural peanut butter so as to not be "roasted" in unhealthy oils) Are peanuts on the O6 or O3 list?
GOOD question.  I wonder if almond butter is better?

BTW, we tried the sardines--so glad they were headless.  :D.  Are you supposed to drain them 1st?  We sampled them straight out of the can...olive oil was a bit much.  :P  Not bad.  Need some GF crackers and mustard, I think.  ;) 

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2007, 07:37:34 AM »
Does anyone have a fat profile for peanut butter? (I finally found some organic dry roasted natural peanut butter so as to not be "roasted" in unhealthy oils) Are peanuts on the O6 or O3 list?
GOOD question.  I wonder if almond butter is better?

BTW, we tried the sardines--so glad they were headless.  :D.  Are you supposed to drain them 1st?  We sampled them straight out of the can...olive oil was a bit much.  :P  Not bad.  Need some GF crackers and mustard, I think.  ;) 
Peanut butter is an omega 6.

http://www.mercola.com/2003/aug/20/peanuts_health.htm
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 07:41:24 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline likemanywaters

• Adept
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2007, 08:44:34 AM »
Good link! Thanks HB.  8) That's a good tip about pouring off the oil layer to reduce the omega 6's. Actually the way we're eating PB right now is to mix half PB & half VCO (coconut oil) & honey & refridgerate to make a "Fudge". I think that would also help balance the omega ratios b/c of the coconut oil. I started making this fudge again & giving DS this & more blueberries & his skin is SO much better today.  ;D

YooperMama, I don't pour the water out of the salmon or sardines. If you look, it seems that a lot of the oils are in that water, so usually I mix it back in with the salmon to eat, or drink it, or have DS drink it.  ;) 

And thanks about the canned salmon info WR!! I looked and it DOES say wild caught.  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 08:46:34 AM by likemanywaters »
And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.

-Ezekiel 43:2

YoopreMama

« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2007, 04:18:45 PM »
I must confess--I'm a bit apprehensive to open the can :o .  Will I see peaceful, (dead) whole fish stacked uncomfortably in slime?   ???  :-X....
Dead fish can't be uncomfortable or peaceful. ::) They're just dead. :'( They can still be tasty though. ;D Especially with crackers and hot mustard.  ;)

Cool, I got to use all my favorite smileys.

8),
Lightening McQueen
You are a hoot! :D

Yooper version of your snack:
Health Valley Gluten Free Rice Bran crackers w/ sardines and horseradish! 

WOW!  :o  Here's to hoping the crackers also double for grahams tomorrow (smores)!   ;D

YoopreMama

« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2007, 04:22:52 PM »
Actually the way we're eating PB right now is to mix half PB & half VCO (coconut oil) & honey & refrigerate to make a "Fudge". I think that would also help balance the omega ratios b/c of the coconut oil. I started making this fudge again & giving DS this & more blueberries & his skin is SO much better today.  ;D

YooperMama, I don't pour the water out of the salmon or sardines. If you look, it seems that a lot of the oils are in that water, so usually I mix it back in with the salmon to eat, or drink it, or have DS drink it.  ;) 
Your fudge sounds good--will have to try...maybe w/ maple syrup and cocoa?  Thanks for the sardine tip.  :)

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2007, 06:25:53 PM »
Okay ladies,
Don't be pouring the oil off of your peanut butter just yet... I've spent the last hour typing in what I believe is the most important passage of the book, Win the War Within by Floyd Chilton, Ph.D.

Gabe has been telling me all along to "just look at nature" and we will see that we need balance in our diet in order to get well. Just one kind of oil won't do it: we need them all. Check out this pdf version of a couple chapters of the book that I've typed up and tell me what you think:

Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline likemanywaters

• Adept
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2007, 11:57:55 PM »
Thank you for typing all that out! (Don't worry, I have not poured off any oils yet. The good stuff is expensive, so I don't waste it!)

Enzymes are the keys that turn the chemical lock...
Increasing the consumption of certain fatty acids (other than AA) actually blocks the
ability of certain enzymes to convert AA to inflammatory messengers.

Interesting. This is what they discovered in "Lorenzo's Oil". The same enzyme was responsible for breaking down 2 types of fatty acids & by overloading his system with one, they reduced it's activity breaking down the other.

I don't know why, but adding back that PB & coconut oil "fudge" to my son's diet is REALLY helping his skin. I originally cut out PB because nuts seemed to be constipating him, and as a result he got less coconut oil too, b/c this is how I was feeding it to him. And we're still munching our salmon & sardines.  :-*
And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2007, 01:37:54 AM »
Now I'm wondering if the Wild Salmon link I gave is REALLY "Caught Wild" salmon. I guess it may not be... Gotta go looking for another source.

Mackerel is also supposed to be high in Omega 3's, and so is mustard seed - hence the homemade mustard. I like hot mustard, so I should be very happy with the NT recipe.

HIO, I buy the lemon flavored cod liver oil from Carlson's : http://www.carlsonlabs.com/product_detail.phtml?prodid=00205

You can get it on sale at vitacost quite often. It tastes just like lemon juice to me, but if it sits in a glass for a while, it will begin to smell fishy.
Fishy doesn't taste so bad to me though, which may mean I really do need it.

Rebekah
Does this mean you stopped taking the Omega 3.6.9?  or are you taking this in addition to your CLO?

After reading your pdf file, I dreamed about omega fats ALL night long.  Tossed and turned.  :P  Of course, my hands have been on fire for two days now.  I finally caved and took an antihistamine this morning, but I also decided to take some CLO, but after reading your file, I thought it might also be prudent for me to take some EPO along with it.  I'm hoping this will do the trick, but I guess we'll see.
  My favorite herb book!!

YoopreMama

« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2007, 03:01:26 AM »
While using our PB this morning I was reminded that it's supposed to be high in Omega 3s...the # "1000" is on it (some measurement refererence)--it's called Smart Balance (W-M and local grocery store) and is a blend of peanuts, flax and palm oils, maybe molasses and salt?  It's creamy like Jif. I'm sure b/c it's not organic that it's not the best, but...

Anyone know anything about it? 

Offline likemanywaters

• Adept
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2007, 03:54:24 AM »
We used to use their "butter" spread. Now I tend to be suspicious of anything that highly marketed as "healthy". It seems to have become a phenomenon, as there is now Smart Balance oils, microwave popcorn, PB, etc. I say just go with plain natural PB. Perhaps organic and dry roasted if you can...

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2007, 05:21:24 AM »
Now I'm wondering if the Wild Salmon link I gave is REALLY "Caught Wild" salmon. I guess it may not be... Gotta go looking for another source.

Mackerel is also supposed to be high in Omega 3's, and so is mustard seed - hence the homemade mustard. I like hot mustard, so I should be very happy with the NT recipe.

HIO, I buy the lemon flavored cod liver oil from Carlson's : http://www.carlsonlabs.com/product_detail.phtml?prodid=00205

You can get it on sale at vitacost quite often. It tastes just like lemon juice to me, but if it sits in a glass for a while, it will begin to smell fishy.
Fishy doesn't taste so bad to me though, which may mean I really do need it.

Rebekah
Does this mean you stopped taking the Omega 3.6.9?  or are you taking this in addition to your CLO?

After reading your pdf file, I dreamed about omega fats ALL night long.  Tossed and turned.  :P  Of course, my hands have been on fire for two days now.  I finally caved and took an antihistamine this morning, but I also decided to take some CLO, but after reading your file, I thought it might also be prudent for me to take some EPO along with it.  I'm hoping this will do the trick, but I guess we'll see.

Yes, I'm taking 3.6.9 along with extra 3's. I never stopped taking 3.6.9.  I have to say HB, my skin is still improving. I feel like a dork even saying this, but I think my "crow's feet" wrinkles are fading... that sounds so hype-tripe, but I do believe it's true.

One caution: I noticed (in the book) that GLA and EPA thin the blood, so if you are taking BP medicine, or blood thinners, be careful.

HB, you may have to take a lot to see the difference. According to Chilton, once you have an "inflammation disease" - a diseased state due to inflammation - you will need more omega oils than a normal person in order to get your AA levels back in control. Man, I'm sorry you are so miserable! What a bummer :'(. Praying for you...

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2007, 05:46:08 AM »
Okay, so you're suggesting 9 650mg CLO's per day in addition to???

What other sources of oils are YOU getting?  How many 3.6.9s?  What other sources?

It's not like there's a shortage of fats in this house.  I eat peanut butter like it's going out of style, butter (same thing), raw cream (when I can get it), cheese, chicken (my favorite), beef, pork (steak, loin, bacon, sausage & lard), eggs, flax seed, olives, olive oil (not so much lately), and what about absorbing fats (this is a new question).  I wonder if my wild yam cream (has coconut oil and olive oil) is at all helpful when absorbed through the skin??

In fact, when looking back over my life, fats was always high atop my list of favorite foods.  When my grandmother cooked, they were healthy fats, as I got older, we seemed to migrate towards the bad ones (shortening, margarine, etc), but have come back.  I've always loved peanut butter, cheese, chicken, eggs & pork fats (my grandma used to cook everything in bacon grease :))  We also ate butter for many years and switched when I was a teen.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 05:49:16 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2007, 09:48:57 AM »
Okay, so you're suggesting 9 650mg CLO's per day in addition to???

What other sources of oils are YOU getting?  How many 3.6.9s?  What other sources?

Currently I am taking 4 - 6 Omega Balance gel tabs (2 with each meal) which amounts to 80 mg of GLA each serving (3 gels). Of course there are other good oils in this supplement.

I also take 3 CLO gels 3 times daily, intending to back off of that amount as soon as my skin looks normal. These gels contain 45 mg EPA, 60 mg DHA.

As I am able to add the right foods to my diet, I will back off of taking so much supplement-oil. I think eating the wild fish will be much better than taking CLO. I may take borage oil with my meals though because it is 20% pure GLA, which is the inflammation fighting fatty acid.

It's not like there's a shortage of fats in this house.  I eat peanut butter like it's going out of style, butter (same thing), raw cream (when I can get it), cheese, chicken (my favorite), beef, pork (steak, loin, bacon, sausage & lard), eggs, flax seed, olives, olive oil (not so much lately), and what about absorbing fats (this is a new question).  I wonder if my wild yam cream (has coconut oil and olive oil) is at all helpful when absorbed through the skin??

Unfortunately, according to Chilton, (and my Mom) meats that are not free range fed, do NOT have the healthy omega 3 and 6 oils in them. In fact, these grain-fed meats and dairy products INCREASE the inflammation problem. These meats have what Chilton calls "preformed AA".  The GLA in their bodies is converted to AA to deal with disease and high stress, and when you eat the meat, the GLA is already converted into inflammation causing AA.

According to Chilton the foods with the highest AA levels include; eggs, turkey, farmed salmon, organ meats. He has a graph on page 194 - 196 of Win the War Within on the percentage of AA levels in most foods. If you have a problem with inflammation, you should keep your food selection in the below-100 range.

Or eat wild. Eating wild makes the  most sense to me. We're going to head that direction.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2007, 10:34:22 AM »
According to Chilton the foods with the highest AA levels include; eggs, turkey, farmed salmon, organ meats. He has a graph on page 194 - 196 of Win the War Within on the percentage of AA levels in most foods. If you have a problem with inflammation, you should keep your food selection in the below-100 range.

Or eat wild. Eating wild makes the  most sense to me. We're going to head that direction.

I'm still reading, but what about eggs from free range chickens?  Is there even such a thing?  A friend told me that chickens need feed supplements even if they are free range.  Of course Sally Fallon says the levels of Vit D change in the eggs because of the sunshine, not because of what they eat.  Any thoughts?
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2007, 12:19:27 PM »
Yes there are real free-range chickens and eggs. My grandmother (raised on farms all her life) says that you do not have to give chickens any feed. She said they will fend for themselves just fine but they will not lay as many eggs as they would if you gave them store-bought feed. In fact my uncle (her son) raises cows and he has chickens that just run around doing whatever they want, laying eggs, and raising biddies. I pretty sure he doesn't feed them a thing. I get eggs from him whenever I can. When he knows I'm comming to visit he saves some up for me, which isn't hard because his wife won't eat, "those freaky orange-yoked eggs". LOL!

WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline likemanywaters

• Adept
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2007, 07:46:22 AM »
:) Sigh. The good old days... Someday I'll have chickens running around my yard...

Bekah, are you nursing? Just trying to compare & also figure out exactly what I am getting/need as far as EFAs. I'm nursing a 14 month old. Most of the time. She only eats like 1 jar of babyfood a day & the rest is breastmilk (oh, besides all the dirt, rocks, leaves, & flowers  ::)). I think I'm chicken to start feeding her food b/c I still haven't figured out my son's skin problems totally.  :'(  NEways, I figure I need lots of good fats to feed a one year old & me!!  :D I've actually been squirting one gel of CLO in her babyfood most days.

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2007, 01:53:39 PM »
No, not nursing anymore.  :-\  I give my son Omega Balance in his bottle of goat milk too, or CLO. Have you noticed your baby being hyper after getting the oil in her food? Have you noticed any difference in your son's skin with the larger doses of fats?

Rebekah

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2007, 02:09:14 PM »
Just thought I would mention, the book that Beka mentioned earlier states that omega 3s from vegetables and seeds are not easily converted into the essential fatty acids that we need to fight inflammation and therefore are not the best choice for supplementation.  Fish or oil from fish is considered by this author the best source for these.  The one exception he mentions is borage oil (not familiar with this one).
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline likemanywaters

• Adept
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2007, 02:29:39 PM »
No, not nursing anymore.  :-\  I give my son Omega Balance in his bottle of goat milk too, or CLO. Have you noticed your baby being hyper after getting the oil in her food? Have you noticed any difference in your son's skin with the larger doses of fats?

Rebekah

No I haven't noticed any behavior differences. I was suprised she took to the "fishy" taste so well. I certainly like it better in gels.  :P Does it ever make your son constipated? Not sure if the CLO caused it for her or just introducing new foods.  Yes, DS' skin is definitely better now than at this time next week. I give him a few cubes of the coconut oil/PB fudge several times throughout the day & it seems to be helping. Also still feeding him sardines or salmon daily. He is getting, besides his multi-vit & cal-mag, 1 EPO gel in morning & 1 CLO gel at dinner. Oh, and I drizzle EVOO on his salmon. Lets see, and he gets 1 bacon & egg for breakfast & usually a fatty meat with dinner. (when I'm on the ball w/meal planning  :()

Just thought I would mention, the book that Beka mentioned earlier states that omega 3s from vegetables and seeds are not easily converted into the essential fatty acids that we need to fight inflammation and therefore are not the best choice for supplementation.  Fish or oil from fish is considered by this author the best source for these.  The one exception he mentions is borage oil (not familiar with this one).
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 08:36:26 PM by likemanywaters »

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2007, 02:35:44 PM »
That is the same thing this guy is saying: http://www.biblelife.org/vitamins.htm#babies. I would love your (HB) & Bekah's opinion of the health info. on this site. I'm learning a lot from it and find myself refering to it often, and I think he is SO right about most things, but just wanted a "second opinion" to balance things out.
Well, at first glance, I wouldn't be to sure.  He recommends against alot of foods that I personally think are healthy based on research, like yogurt, raw milk, goat's milk, fermented foods, vinegar, etc.  There might be some good information to glean, but I would not use this as your absolute source for good information.  Depending on what info you are looking for, there are alot of good books out there (and websites) that you can cross-reference and that give better explanations of how things work.  Unfortunately there is no big budget for this type of information - nobody pays, so nobody does the research, so you really have to read alot before you can decide who's right and who's wrong.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline likemanywaters

• Adept
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2007, 02:40:40 PM »
Thank you. I had wondered about a few things like that too. You definitely can't just use one source for info.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2007, 06:36:25 AM »
Okay, I'm still wading through all the information in this book Win the War Within, but if I understand it correctly (Beka jump in and fix it if I got this wrong), this is a summarized version.

AA (Arachidonic Acid) is the key that triggers the inflammotory response.  So we want to avoid (or limit) any vegetables (such as corn and soy) and their oils that contain any preformed AA and any animals that eat these foods whenever possible as they will pass on the AA to us directly.

GLA (Gammalinolenic Acid) converts to DGLA (Dihomogammalinolenic Acid) and blocks the inflammatory response and should be taken in adequate amounts for this purpose BUT SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN ALONE as without EPA, GLA will convert into AA.

EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) blocks the conversion of GLA to AA and causes conversion from GLA to DGLA.

For those trying to prevent inflammatory related illness, the author recommends...

200 mg/day EPA:  This equates to roughly 3 servings of category 1 or 2 fish or 4 servings of category 3 fish per week.  In supplement form, take one capsule (typically 150-180 mg) of EPA twice daily with breakfast and dinner. 

450-550 mg/day GLA:  Supplement form, which means a capsule (typically about 210 to 240 mg) twice daily, with breakfast and dinner.

DO NOT take the recommended doses of GLA without having EPA-either through the fish you're eating or by supplementation in your diet.
(those taking Evening Primrose Oil for hormone regulation, should pay very close attention to this warning - as it's a significant source of GLA).

Choose carbohydrates with a low-to-moderate Glycemic Index value (see next post).

For those attempting to heal themselves from an already existing inflammatory illness the author recommends...

Eat foods whose values add up to no more than 100 on the Inflammatory Index per day (see attached PDF).

400 mg/day EPA:  This equates to roughly 4 servings of category 1 or 2 fish or 5 servings of category 3 fish per week.  In supplement form, take one capsule (typically 150-180 mg) of EPA three times daily with breakfast, lunch and dinner. 

650-950 mg/day GLA:  Supplement form, which means a capsule (typically about 210 to 240 mg) three daily, with breakfast, lunch and dinner.

DO NOT take the recommended doses of GLA without having EPA-either through the fish you're eating or by supplementation in your diet.
(those taking Evening Primrose Oil for hormone regulation, should pay very close attention to this warning - as it's a significant source of GLA).

Choose carbohydrates with a low-to-moderate Glycemic Index value (see next post).

Category 1 Fish (Best)

European Anchovies; Atlantic/Pacific Herring & Mackerel; Wil Chinook & Sockeye Salmon; Roe (mixed species) & Black or Red Caviar

Category 2 Fish (Good)

Wild Pink, Coho, & Chum Salmon; Greenland Halibut, Alaskan King & Blue Crab; Smelt; Shrimp; Wild or Farmed Oysters; Mussles; Shark (mixed species); Sea Bass (Mixed Species); Canned White Tuna; Squid (mixed Species)

Category 3 Fish (Neutral)   There's no reason to avoid these fish, but they do not satisfy your EPA requirements; when you eat one of them in place of a category 1 or 2 fish, you will have to include an EPA supplement.

Scallops; Clams; Flounder; Wild Rainbow Trout; Yellowfin Tuna; Trout (Mixed Species); Swordfish; Walleye; Pacific Sardines; Wild Atlantic Salmon; Tilefish; Haddock; Atlantic/Pacific Cod; Octopus; Perch (Mixed Species); Snapper (Mixed Species); Mahimahi

Category 4 Fish (BAD)  These are the bad choices, high in AA; avoid them if possible.

Grouper; Atlantic/Pacific Halibut; Florida Pompano; Farmed or Wild Channel Catfish; Farmed Atlantic Salmon

« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 07:10:05 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2007, 07:10:43 AM »
See attached PDF
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2007, 07:43:52 AM »
I seem to be getting some relief from taking my oils.  After reading this stuff that I just posted, I have set this schedule for myself (fighting inflammation) and I will modify it if inflammation (hives) get out of control.

Twice Daily Dosage

2 NOW Cod Liver Oil (5,000 iu Vit A)       60 mg EPA
3 Beeyoutiful Omega Balance 3.6.9        108 mg EPA       120 mg GLA
2 Beeyoutiful Evening Primrose Oil                                  240 mg GLA

subtotals                                            168 mg EPA       360 mg GLA
                                                     x2

396 mg EPA        720 mg GLA

My favorite herb book!!

YoopreMama

« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2007, 08:05:34 AM »
Twice Daily Dosage

2 NOW Cod Liver Oil (5,000 iu Vit A)       60 mg EPA
3 Beeyoutiful Omega Balance 3.6.9        108 mg EPA       120 mg GLA
2 Beeyoutiful Evening Primrose Oil                                  240 mg GLA

subtotals                                            168 mg EPA       360 mg GLA
                                                     x2

396 mg EPA        720 mg GLA
Thank you for so clearly illustrating that w/ dosages I can understand...I was getting lost in EPA and GLA land.   ::)  :-[  :D  Glad things are improving.  :) My skin is so much better, too, just w/ the higher doses of CLO and topical Vit. E. 9 (& everything else I've been doing w/ GF and ACV).  I'm becoming a walking acronym!   ;D

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2007, 08:18:45 AM »
AMAZING info HB--- ;D  You have a wonderful way of making alot of detailed info seem accessible and to the point.
Thanks so much for all of the work you do for us...
I really feel encouraged by you--I know that you are a busy person and if you can make the time for all of this knowledge such a priority, then it spurs me on to do likewise.  I feel so blessed to have access to all of the resources that are available on this site, and for all of the wonderful words of wisdom from the ladies (and a few men,too). 
Again, thank you...

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2007, 08:38:22 AM »
Wow, HB - you are the Organization QUEEN! Only God could have found someone as perfect as you to be the WellTellMe moderator! Thanks for breaking it all down for us.

Those of us that try this for skin rashes: let's keep the readers posted on:

1) whether it works or not,
2) how long it takes to go from rashy skin to normal skin
3) Any side effects or extra benefits

Rebekah

YoopreMama

« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2007, 08:54:54 AM »
Wow, HB - you are the Organization QUEEN! Only God could have found someone as perfect as you to be the WellTellMe moderator! Thanks for breaking it all down for us.

Rebekah
No kidding--HB; you are a blessing to us all!   :-* And Rebekah, you're pretty much a gold mine here, too!   ;D  Good idea to track skin progress--I'm ALL over that!   ;)

1)  I've been on it over a week and my skin looks richer (DH thinks  "$$$"  :D ) and more supple than I can remember.  It's the only "new" thing I've been doing, so the results seem pretty correlated.

2)  I don't even know what normal would be for me any more.  :-\  I guess if I'm not up at night scratching and I have only scars vs. rashes/lesions, well then, I'm getting there for the 1st time since last year.

3) Other results?  Hmm...I'm thinking of something in the libido category... :-[ :-X ;)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 10:11:17 AM by YooperMama »

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2007, 09:14:39 AM »

Rebekah

I think I'll start a separate thread for this, so the basics don't get lost in daily journaling and updates. 

Find it here.

Essential Fatty Acid (EFA) Daily Intake Log: Schedules & Effects
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline makingchanges

• Adept
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »
Could someone explain to me what inflammation diseases are? Is is skin rashes, joints hurting, arthritis, etc? I was wondering who should take these supplements.