Author Topic: Tummy Tune Up and Diarreah  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Mom In A Shoe

• Learning
Tummy Tune Up and Diarreah
« on: June 06, 2007, 01:19:50 AM »
Hi, We just bought some tummy tune up original blend and my husband has taken it now for 2 days.  He took one the first day and got diarreah all that day.  So, he took another one later that evening because his stomach was a bit upset (the tummy tune up did help with that!).  Same thing yesterday.  He has had diarreah.  He only took one yesterday.  Is this normal for starting tummy tune up?  I've read that some of these supplements can cause detox symptoms, but haven't read about diarreah being one of them with TTU.  I've been taking it twice a day with the Yeast assassin and haven't had a bm at all.  I don't feel constipated.  Just haven't had one since 2 days ago.  We drink plenty of water with it, and during the rest of the day.
Should he back off for awhile?  He's already starting today off with diarreah and he hasn't take a TTU yet.  Thanks!

Mom in a shoe
There was an old woman who lived in a shoe, she had so many children, and she loved them all, too.  She said, "Thank You, Lord Jesus, for giving them bread."  Then kissed them all soundly and sent them to bed.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
Re: Tummy Tune Up and Diarreah
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 04:15:53 AM »
I had the same problem that nobody seemed to know what it was from.  You can see it here:
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,1558.msg83566.html#msg83566

Offline Mom In A Shoe

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 04:26:37 AM »
Thanks.  Did the diarreah go away fairly quickly?  He had about 4 bouts of it the first day.  I'm not sure how many he had yesterday, or today yet.  But he does still have it.
I told him that it is probably just his system getting use to it, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't something else.  Thanks so much!

Mom in a shoe
There was an old woman who lived in a shoe, she had so many children, and she loved them all, too.  She said, "Thank You, Lord Jesus, for giving them bread."  Then kissed them all soundly and sent them to bed.

Offline Janacat

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 11:03:24 AM »
I am wondering if TTU and the colostrum transfer has caused my diarreah. I am laying off all my extra supplements for a week. I usually take fish oil (someone said they had issues with it), colostrum ( which helps the meconium to pass in babies, but claims it will kill bad bacteria that causes dirreah. I have been taking for a foot fracture and overall well being) and any probiotics, oh and spirulina. I am going to slowly introduce one at a time back into my diet. The whole family had an intestinal thing a few months back, could be a lingering virus. My hubby has been poopy lately and he only takes fish oil. So I am leaning towards a flu. One of my friends said she knows of some stomach thing going around again. My issue did seem to start when I upped my Colostrum, though because a website stated how much you should be taking. www.aboutcolostrum.com . Maybe some bodies are just more sensitve, and/or a detox thing.