Author Topic: FINALLY a modest, beautiful bathing suit! ;)  (Read 49005 times)

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
Re: FINALLY a modest, beautiful bathing suit! ;)
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2009, 01:46:17 PM »

http://shop.girls4sport.com/category_s/36.htm
it looks modest yet she doesn't look completely "different" so people stare.  lots of cool colors and prints too!   ;D

Wow!  Did you see the grab bag prices?  It'd be worth it to get a grab bag top, and then find a solid color, matching modest bottoms at Target/WM. :)
Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2009, 02:33:09 PM »

http://shop.girls4sport.com/category_s/36.htm
it looks modest yet she doesn't look completely "different" so people stare.  lots of cool colors and prints too!   ;D

Wow!  Did you see the grab bag prices?  It'd be worth it to get a grab bag top, and then find a solid color, matching modest bottoms at Target/WM. :)

I must be weird.   :-\  I didn't find them modest at all (at least not the one piece suits).  The shorts might be okay with the right top.  I make something similar to this for my DD's but I make it with a sarong type skirt that ties at the waist.  http://www.modestswimwearsolutions.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=34506042  I couldn't find the site I bought one from one time (I think it was love to learn) but they were $79!  I got some swimsuit fabric on sale for $1 a yard and made a swimsuit for my dd that has outlasted the $79 I bought the year before that fell apart very quickly.   >:( 

I should make swimsuits for a living <sigh>.......... ;D

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2009, 06:35:31 PM »
Patti, I agree that one piece suits are not as modest IMO...especially depending apon the body that they are streched over. :D

I 4myhoonie was specifically talking about the 2 piece options.  Most of the tops are very modest and cute, and you pair with the bottoms of your choice.  Of course, not all swimsuit offerings on that site are modest, but to find a place with modest options is refreshing.
Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2009, 08:46:09 PM »
Patti, I agree that one piece suits are not as modest IMO...especially depending apon the body that they are streched over. :D

I 4myhoonie was specifically talking about the 2 piece options.  Most of the tops are very modest and cute, and you pair with the bottoms of your choice.  Of course, not all swimsuit offerings on that site are modest, but to find a place with modest options is refreshing.

Ah.  That'll teach me to come in half way in the middle of a conversation.   ;D
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline ruhamah

• Adept
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2009, 12:37:03 AM »
Have you tried modestswim4you?  I think that is the web site. The suits are very nice and comfortable, when you exit the water you do not need to put on anything to cover up.

They do dry fast. It is a two piece and you can wear only the top portion in the water if you want. My dd did this when she was diving then put the bottoms skirt piece on when swimming.

I purchased two suits for under $90 with shipping! You do have to email the owner because she has suits on discount, this is how I got ours.The owner Galia is very very sweet!

The name of the shop itself is "Princess modest swimwear"
Ruhamah
Blessed with a great family!
Mom to four and wife to a man I can really look up to! (5'1 vs 6'6).

Offline lovingmomof2

• Adept
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2009, 07:12:46 AM »
I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but around here we use swim tops with men's or boy's trunks.  You can usually find cute trunks with flowers or some other design that looks cute for a female.
Proverbs 31:26
"She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness."

Offline orcuttranch

• Adept
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2009, 07:55:12 AM »
That is exactly what we do.  The swim tops are many times called rash guards also (like for skiing).  So if you can't find them with the swimming suits, you might check out a sporting goods store that carries water skiing equipment.  I did just buy my daughter's though this last year at Target.  They actually make board shorts for girls suits specifically now and I found some at Target for $11.00 that actually were long enough for my daughter's long legs!!  ;D

Offline maceoghain

• Adept
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2009, 11:25:45 PM »
Same here...my swimsuit is usually a bikini covered up with a quick-dry fabric shirt or tank top and guys' long board shorts. I got the shorts at the thrift store for super cheap.

It looks "sporty" and is something I would feel modest enough in to wear around town.

The bikini is more for comfort's sake than anything...although it occasionally gets worn as a "husband suit" when it's just me and him and nobody else swimming!  :D
All the way my Savior leads me...

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2009, 02:56:21 AM »
i'm on girls4sport email list cuz i ordered from them and i just got this:

A special offer from Girls4Sport:
Pre-Labor Day 35% Off Sale—3 Day Event!

Start saving now...
A sale that beats the other sales. Why wait for Labor Day Sales to begin? Start saving now...

35% Off Your Entire Order
Use Coupon Code: 35-LAB-09
This coupon code expires 9.04.2009 at midnight.

Take the worry of sunburn out of your day at the beach or pool. Our rashguard sets are rated UPF 50+ and block 98% of UVA/UVB. Mix and match bottoms for a custom fit. Start saving now...
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."