Author Topic: All About Birth Control  (Read 217980 times)

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
Re: All About Birth Control
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2006, 04:36:04 AM »
My husband had a vasectomy right after our son was born.  He was four months old.  I was very sick with my two pregnancies, and my husband just didn't trust God to provide for another mouth to feed.  He got the surgery done without my blessing, but I told him that it was his body and he was boss.  He went through the surgery well, but always had chronic pain in that area.  Some men have it worse than others, but his was just a constant dull ache. 
Also, he told me that when they had "snipped" him, he felt this unusual tug in his soul.  You know, that area in your gut.
He never told me this until after he had a vasectomy reversal.  He had a reversal in November, just three and a half years after his vasectomy.  He told me that he truly believes, although there is not scripture that he has found on this feeling, but thinks that his "sex organs" are tied into his soul.  And that when it was repaired, there was this feeling of connection that he had lost when he had his surgery.
He admits that what he did was scripturally wrong.  And now we both feel better since he has had his reversal.  Now, we are just waiting for the miracle of a child.
If he was here now, he would definitely NEVER recommend a vasectomy to any man.  In fact, he tells the men at work who are going in for one, not to get one.  They don't listen to him, of course, but he has done his part. 
I recommend reading the books : A Full Quiver by Rick and Jan Hess.  And :  Children: A Blessing or a Burden by Max Heine(he does not quote KJV).
Also, there is a good CD by S. A. Davis called God's Viewpoint on Having Babies which summarizes a lot of Rick and Jan's book.  It can be bought at www.SolveFamilyProblems.com 
Should your husbands want to talk to mine about any of this and get a "male" point of view :)  They can send a message to healthyinOhiosboss.
God bless you with your decision.  May God grant you wisdom.

IMVHO  Full Quiver:  It is the amount that God gives you.  Some may have three, others may have eleven.  But they both have the same thing in common:  God decided their quiver and not themselves.

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2006, 05:56:13 AM »
Physical Health and Nutrition.... Let's remember the recent guidelines!
"Write your hurts in the sand
and grave your blessings in stone."

Offline ~esposita~

• Master
    • Family Fotos
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2006, 09:47:46 AM »
A question for Gabe:

When you make your neem oil capsules, can you make a whole bunch at once, or only one at a time? 
My attempt at blogging:  The Carpenter's Wife

Offline Gabriel Anast

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2006, 10:23:21 AM »
No, you can't make more than one at a time as the oil will disolve the capsule pretty quickly.

I just make one capsule every night. I drop in about 6 or 7 drops of Neem, then top it off with water, put the capluse top on, and immediately swallow it with other vitamins, etc.

I know this is not ideal... that's why the Organix South Hypercritical extract is so nice... it comes in soft gels!

By the way, I do this same capsule making routine with Grapefruit Seed Extract as well when I have some bad stomach bug that needs to be nuked.

--gabe

Offline proudmommaof3

• Learning
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2006, 12:13:39 PM »
Wow, wow, wow.  Is this a hot subject or what?   Boy, am I glad that we All feel the same on this subject.  It's hard to "live" around people who don't hold the same views and totally makes you feel like a fool for even trying NFP.
 My mid-wife also said there was no scientific evidence yet that vasectomies led to health problems other than prostate cancer.  My sister-in-law and I happened to get on this subject, too, and I told her that the Birth Control pill was abortifacient.  And she said Oh no it's not.  The lower the dosages, the better it is. (The "Doctor" she asked and her both happen to be Christians).  Which according to Shonda Parker the lower the dosage the higher incidence of "breakthrough" ovulation therefore leading to aborting.  Is there any other Web sites out there that support this?  And can PROVE it scientifically!!  Doctors "say" it is all in theory.
(of course, my thought was - if your Doctor told you to drink poison, would you?)
My thought too on the Full-quiver thing.  Why do children and fiances always come hand in hand?  The world says that kids are expensive but the Bible says a person lacking in how to manage their finances will not have money.  You Reap what you Sow.
I know family's with 5 or more children (up to 16) that live debt free, eat organically, take family vacations every year, etc.  Plus, they are the happiest people around.  Everybody admires that family.  They are truly Blessed.
Then I now couples who both work good jobs, they have more debt, aren't happy, can't take a vacation if their life depended on it, vehicle is constantly breaking down, their sick, they can't eat healthy (organic isn't an option) because it is tooo expensive, and they take some form of oral birth control because they just couldn't afford to have kids.  And they are very oppressed, depressed people, not to mention extremely selfish. (And why do we get jealous of these people.)
Duet. 28 says Blessed is the man who follows the Lord.  There are 9 scriptures on Blessings.  There are alot of curses for the man who does not.  Their job is cursed, their health is cursed, their finances are cursed, etc.

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2006, 09:55:38 AM »
I've looked into this, and to date, I haven't found any documentation that says the Birth Control Pill IS an aborticant. Everything I've read says it isn't, or it might be, but nothing conclusive.

P.S. The full quiver discussion is of personal biblical interpretation, and is not related to physical health.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 10:04:28 AM by dara »

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2006, 10:04:45 AM »
I believe that whether to "have" or "have not" is entirely up to you and espeically hubby, but oral contraceptives are not the route to go unless you have no other choice.  Oral contraceptives contribute to breast cancer, breast tenderness, moodiness, and high blood pressure.  These are the things they tell you, but the things they don't tell you:    They contribute to candida which in turn contributes to leaky gut syndrome which contributes to just about every ailment plaguing society today.

I took them for years for lack of better judgement and I paid for it with my health.  Once I stopped and had a tubal ligation, all of my symptoms regressed, except of course candida related symptoms as I had to treat for this and do some healing.

Count your babies when and if you want to.  IMHO basing your decisions on whether to "have" , "have not" or "have some more" on your abilities to care for and support a large or small family is responsibility, not lack of faith.  Just do it wisely and make your choices healthy ones.

I trusted God to give me the right amount of babies and he gave me a husband who is wise and caring enough to make the right decision for our family. 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 11:00:59 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2006, 10:05:50 AM »
What's IMHO mean?   ???

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2006, 10:11:04 AM »
What's IMHO mean?   ???

In My Humble Opinion.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline jenny4wen

• Adept
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2006, 10:30:22 AM »
I've looked into this, and to date, I haven't found any documentation that says the Birth Control Pill IS an aborticant. Everything I've read says it isn't, or it might be, but nothing conclusive.

P.S. The full quiver discussion is of personal biblical interpretation, and is not related to physical health.

I have a Davis Drug Guide for Nurses, and the contraceptives are all in one big clump.  There is Progressive Estrogen Oral Contraceptives: norethindrone/ethinyl acetate, Estrostep, Estrostep Fe , norgestrel, Ovrette,
Contraceptive Implant: levonorgestrel, Norplant
Emergency Contraceptive:  levonorgestrel/ethinylestradiol, Preven,  
Injectable Contraceptive: medroxyprogesterone, Depo-Provera

ACTION:
Monophasic Oral Contraceptives:: Provide a fixed dosage of extrogen/progestin over a 21-day cycle.  Ovulation is inhibited by suppression of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH).  May alter cervical mucus and the endometrial environment, preventing penetration by sperm and implantation of the egg.
Biphasic Oral Contraceptives:  Ovulation is inhibited by supression of FSH and LH.  May alter cervical mucus and the endometrial environment, preventing penetration by sperm and implantation of the egg.  In addition, smaller dose of progestin in phase 1 allows for proliferation of endometrium.  Larger amount in phase 2 allows for adequate secretory development.
Triphasic Oral Contraceptives: Ovulation is inhibited by supression of FSH and LH.  May alter cervical mucus and the endometrial environment, preventing penetration by sperm and implantation of the egg.  Varying doses of estrogen/progestin may more closely mimic natural hormonal fluctuations.
Progressive Estrogen: Contains constant amount of progestin with 3 progressive doses of estrogen.
Progestin-Only Contraceptives and Contraceptive Implant: Mechanism inot clearly known.  May alter cervical mucus and the endometrial environment, preventing penetration by sperm and implantation of the egg.  Ovulation may also  be suppressed.
Medroxy-progesterone Injection: Inhibits gonadotropin secretion, follicle maturation, and ovulation.  Also produces endometrial thinning.

I know this is a lot of jargon, but I also have the Taber's medical dicionary, and I love looking this up if you have more questions.  This information came from Davis Drug Guide for Nurses, seventh addition, page 226.
  I think I'll throw in the Adverse reatctions and side effects as well.  Pg 227:

CNS: depression, migraine headache.
EENT: contact lens intolerance, optic neuritis, retinal thrombosis.
CV:  CEREBRAL HEMORRHAGE, CEREBRAL THROMBOSIS, CORONARY THROMBOSIS, PULMONARY EMBOLISM, edema, hypertension, Raynaud's phenomenon, thromboembolic phenomena, thrombophlebitis.
GI: abdominal cramps, bloating, cholestatic jaundice, gallbladder disease, liver tumors, nausea, vomiting.
GU: amenorrhea, breakthrough bleeding, dysmenorrhea, spotting.
Derm: melasma, rash.
Endo: hyperglycemia.
Misc: weight change.

*CAPITALS indicate life-threatening
I'm smiling! :D

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2006, 10:57:43 AM »
Raynaud's phenomenon,...GI: abdominal cramps, bloating, cholestatic jaundice, gallbladder disease, liver tumors,

These are also indications of LGS.  Coincidence ???  I think not.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 11:00:06 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2006, 12:07:29 PM »
There is a book by Randy Alcorn called:  Does the Birth Control Pill Cause Abortions?  It is very well documented.  You can get it on amazon.com for only $3.00  It will answer all of your questions. 

Offline living4Him

• Learning
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2006, 02:06:11 PM »
I found Neem(Azadirachta indica) (leaf) 475mg per capsule.

Is this the same and going to work the same as the oil?
Also, where can you buy the same one in capsules that you are using and what brand are they?
Thanks for the info.

Offline Charis

• Adept
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2006, 04:35:54 AM »
Has any one tried the LADY COMP devcice  for birth control? Here is the web site.

http://naturalbirthcontrol.com/show.php?lang=english&page=online_store

I would love to hear thoughts and suggestions about this.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 04:45:18 AM by Charis »
"Momma can I have some fruit? I think my body needs some vitamin C." -Madelyn 5

Offline Charis

• Adept
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2006, 11:02:42 AM »
Any body? :-\

Offline Chickory Chick

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2006, 11:55:15 AM »
Has any one tried the LADY COMP devcice  for birth control? Here is the web site.

http://naturalbirthcontrol.com/show.php?lang=english&page=online_store

I would love to hear thoughts and suggestions about this.

I have not used this device.  We have sucessfuly used family planning based on the book "Love & Fertility by Families of the Americas.  I heard about this from Dr. Dobson (via my SIL).  Here is their link, in case you are interested.  http://www.familyplanning.net/index-home.html
Chickory Chick fka Kayinpa http://kayinpa.blogspot.com/

Offline Helen

• Adept
    • personal blog
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2006, 12:06:20 PM »
I just checked it out, now that looks really cool!!!! BUT the price is UP there!

Offline Charis

• Adept
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2006, 12:26:25 PM »
I thought the same thing about the breast feeding. I guess you could call the information # or just wait till your through breast feeding. I'm bf right now and am planning to try it as soon as I get a period again. I usually don't have one or get prego until I quit bf.

Offline skederbear

• Learning
    • facebook
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2006, 04:31:29 AM »
 My hubby has been taking neem leaf capsules for about 5 or 6 months now.  He will be going off of them next month...so we'll see if they work okay.  We have a 15 month old and I had gotten on birth control pill after having him,and hated the side affects,plus I knew they weren't good for me anyway.   Before we had our son we had used spermicide,but I  got pregant twice and miscarried both times, and all three pregnancies were a month a part.   Seeing as my baby was 11 pounds when he was born, we decided to give my body plenty of time to heal up.  So far between spermicide AND the neem capsules,I haven't got pregnant.  But now I'm ready for another one. (=  All the other young couples at our church call us the expeirment, so it is great to know we aren't the only ones trying it!
  One other thing, the articles about neem had said that it boosts your imune system.  When the flue went around this spring.  My hubby was the only one that didn't get sick out of his parents family and ours. ( excapt for his sister's 1 week baby,but she was nursing)

Offline ~esposita~

• Master
    • Family Fotos
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2006, 10:30:03 AM »
We just started the Neem...

My man makes a capsule from the oil each night.  For the first few night, all went great.  Then, in a bold attempt to impress the wife of his youth, he quirted the alotted amount right into his mouth!  You should have seen his face as he first grabed for a glass of water, then went searching for the Listerine to be rid of the taste. 

Needless to say, he wont try that again ;D
My attempt at blogging:  The Carpenter's Wife

Offline dkdelgado

• Learning
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2006, 08:21:22 PM »
I just thought I would give my two cents about this topic.  After I had my first child the doctor said to me "So what are you going to use for birth control."  This started my long journey to where I am today.  For a while after that appointment with my doctor my husband and I tried condoms and spermicide(that stuff burns) so we just stopped using it and then eventually the condoms.  I was totally against birth control pills from the start, at that point in my life all I knew was that it just didn't seem natural to me.  So I was questioning whether I was doing the right thing by not doing anything to stop pregnancy.  Then GOD sent a wonderful godly woman into my life that changed my view on children.  She introduced me to the Pearls through a magazine and the To Train Up a Child book.   Before meeting them my husband and I wanted 5 children each 5 years apart.  This family believes that children are a blessing and that they have allowed GOD to have full control in this area of their lives as far as spacing and timing.   I'd never met anyone who felt this way before.  So my heart was changed by seeing the trust this family has and the happiness they have.  I then started to want to leave the amount of children in GOD's hands and then my husband had a change of heart as well. 
   GOD blessed us with our second child three years and eight months after my first child.  The timing was perfect.  Then when my daughter was 15 months GOD gave me a surprise that I didn't think I was ready for.  My third pregnancy was difficult because I was not happy that I had gotten pregnant so soon after having my daughter.  When he was born I had a lot of guilt for how I felt during the pregnancy that I had to overcome and it was tremendously difficult to adjust to being a mom of 3.  But things started to turn around when he first smiled and then I got to see his personality and I fell in love with this great kid.  Everyday I enjoy him and thank GOD for the wonderful kid he is.  I may have missed this great blessing had I tried to prevent GOD's hand.  I've learned that GOD knows best not me and if I had things my way it would not be the best way. 

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2006, 05:51:06 PM »
I'm glad you and your husband have peace about the issue of birth control; being together on this subject is the most important thing.

I also have to clarify as well; as the daughter of the Pearl's, I know that they do not hold to the "no birth control position" - nor do they recommend birth control. In fact, they do not talk about the subject much at all, except to say that if you can't train your children and be a part of their lives, don't have children - or don't have so many - and that wives should obey their husbands in regards to family planning.

Just wanted to clarify that.

Rebekah

Here is an article by Debi Pearl that may interest you:  <a href="http://www.nogreaterjoy.org/index.php?id=57&tx_ttnews[swords]=RATS&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=39&tx_ttnews[backPid]=118&cHash=97e1d7175a">"RATS"[/url]

« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 06:51:46 AM by healthybratt »
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

el1zabeth

« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2006, 10:03:12 AM »
I just want to put in my 2 cents. My last baby is 1 yr old. I have 4 children. My last pregnany I had a horrible attitude. I felt awful! I had a hard time keeping up the house, and I nagged my husband to help me.  We fought all the time. Shortly after I had my little one, a friend told me about the book Created To Be A Help Meet. We both ordered our books and began reading. It saved my marriage. I followed Mrs. Pearl's advice, and slowly our relationship began to heal. We are closer than ever now. My husband is a good man, but to my astonishment my bad attitude had almost driven him to leave! (He was just going a few streets over to stay with his brother, but I had no idea.) I could've lost my marriage. So, I just want to say to any young women out there read this book!! She does talk a little about birth control..Towards the end of the book. Not about any particular method, but she tells a story about a woman with 5 children whose husband leaves because he cannot take the responsibility. I should have done a better job spacing mine out. My husband got a vasectomy when my last one was 7 months old. I begged him not to, but had to let it be his decision. He said he was very concerned about his financial responsibility to the family, and didn't feel like he could provide for more children. I am praying God will give me peace about this. Maybe someday He will have it reversed.... either way, I have to trust God by trusting my husband.

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2006, 10:18:24 AM »
Thank you for sharing your story. It takes a repentant heart to openly share where one has gone wrong. I believe God is blessing you through your obedience, and you will not regret turning your heart toward your husband!

Rebekah

Offline Elizab04

• Adept
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2006, 12:53:12 PM »
A good resource for Natural Family Planning is the Couple to Couple Leage. 

www.ccli.org

NFP is 99% effective when followed correctly and can help conceive and avoid pregnancy.
After learning all the horrible side effects of chemicle birth controls and how they work I wouldn't even want my enemy on it.  >:(

Offline Elizab04

• Adept
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2006, 12:55:06 PM »
Oh yeah, you don't need to have a regular cycle to use NFP, either.

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2006, 01:29:37 PM »
Here is an article by Debi Pearl that may interest you:  <a href="http://www.nogreaterjoy.org/index.php?id=57&tx_ttnews[swords]=RATS&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=39&tx_ttnews[backPid]=118&cHash=97e1d7175a">"RATS"[/url]

awesome article........wow.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline shawnaincov

• Adept
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2006, 03:30:29 PM »
Question about the capsules that you use. What size?  Are the #3 large enough or do you need a larger one.  thanks for all the info and help.
SHawna

Offline catholicmom

• Learning
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2006, 06:20:13 PM »
IUDs are always abortive.  Every form of chemical contraception can cause an abortion. 

I have had four c- sections, health problems, and money problems.  But I stand firm that NFP is the only way to go.  All other forms are bad for your marriage.  Including vasectomies and tubals.   

You know, when sex works properly, it makes a baby.  God intended it to.  And even though things are really hard now, it does not compare to the joy we will have in heaven if we succeed in raising our children for God's Kingdom.  It's so awesome that he lets us participate in His creation.

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2006, 06:30:32 PM »
Question about the capsules that you use. What size?  Are the #3 large enough or do you need a larger one.  thanks for all the info and help.
SHawna

Gabe used 00, or 0 size. So I'm sure 000 would be big enough.

We decided to have another baby and so have stopped taking the Neem oil...   ;D