Author Topic: Endometriosis: Natural Treatment Options  (Read 25443 times)

Offline dleeandcc

• Learning
Endometriosis: Natural Treatment Options
« on: May 18, 2006, 11:17:04 AM »
 :) Hi my name is Christina, I am a 24 year old, house wife and a new mother to a six month old little girl.   ;D The lord has really blessed my life, I've had saddness , joys and trials along the way since I married my husband three years ago. The trials mostly dealing with my health, doctors and the loss of my children. Just a few months of marriage I became pregnant with my first child, then I miscarried, also in May and June I miscarried of the same year of losing my first child.  After my third miscarriage was diagnosied with endometriosis and had to have surgery to remove the endometriomia's.  My doctor says the only was to treat the disease is hormonal therapy or getting pregnant.  I don't want hormonal therapy b/c I would like to have more children, lord willing.  ??? I was woundering if anyone has endometriosis and knows of a natural way to treat it.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 12:17:20 PM by healthybratt »

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Endometriosis: Natural Treatment Options
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 12:57:40 PM »
I've no experience in this area; however, I've done some reading and it appears that endometriosis can be associated with liver and gallbladder congestion.  This would indicate that a liver flush followed by a cleansing fast might be in order.  The Master Cleanse is reputed by many (on this forum and elsewhere) to be a good way to heal many female reproductive problems and increase fertility.

Diet
As always, the preferred diet focuses on whole grains, fresh vegetables and fruits, seeds, nuts and protein from soy and fish. Reduce your dairy and meat intake in order to avoid the different forms of estrogen and steroids in these products.

Detoxify
There is a definite link between pollutants in the body and the severity of endometriosis symptoms. For this reason, a detoxifying program is very important: a 1 to 3 month regime of cleansing diet, possible fasting, and herbs and supplements to detoxify the liver, lymph system, bowel and kidneys. The liver is responsible for converting hormones and detoxifying the body, so it is vital to limit all substances that impair the liver's function, such as excess sugar, alcohol and caffeine.

Supplements
Vitamin E can help break down the excess estrogen in your body; it can also limits the growth of adhesions and keep scar tissue soft. Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) helps regulate the production of prostaglandins, which is released during times of stress and is associated with pain and inflammation; GLA is found in evening primrose oil and flax seed oil. Vitamin B complex helps promote the efficient metabolism of estrogen by the liver. And vitamin C decreases stress and reduces excessive bleeding and cramps; it is also a potent antioxidant.

Some sights I visited recommended that you increase your intake of herbs and plants with estrogenic qualities, but others say this is not good.  You'll have to decide for yourself on this one.  The ones who say these are good will tell you that they help to reduce natural estrogen by causing your body not to produce it, because it's being tricked into thinking it already has enough in the body.  This is probably true based on what I've read, but there can be other side effects.  Click here for more info.

Studies of populations of women show the risk of developing endometriosis is much higher with the consumption of red meat and beef, and much lower with consumption of vegetables and fruits; however, this may be more due to the hormones injected into the meats before we consume them.  Treatment for PCOS includes avoiding hormone injected meats and replacing them with free-range meats.

The Endometriosis Association agrees that many women with endometriosis also suffer from allergies, chemical sensitivities, and frequent yeast infections.

Many yeast experts, including the late Dr. William Crook, author of The Yeast Connection and The Yeast Connection and Women's Health, believed there was a strong connection between the two conditions. In fact, Dr. Crook and many practitioners, including me, have achieved excellent and lasting results by treating endometriosis and yeast overgrowth simultaneously with a yeast-free diet, natural antifungals like caprylic acid, olive leaf extract and probiotics.

Yeast overgrowth may not be the main cause of endometriosis but it's one of those hitchhikers that you want to avoid if possible...more

IMO based on the above information I would try the following:
1)  Treat for candida
2) Do a liver flush.
3) Do the Master Cleanse
4) Change your diet to exclude refined sugars, and grains, unfermented soy products and harmful fats (trans fatty acids) and to include the healthy fats from real cream, butter, olive oil, fish oil, etc.  More information on this type of diet is available in Nourishing Traditions and The Maker's Diet.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline made2BAmom

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 11:52:47 AM »
I am not aware of natural treatments, but from personal experience I recommend
http://www.centerforendo.com/
for the best endo education and surgical treatment.

Offline In Christ

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 09:45:30 AM »
I just the other day listen to a CD of a seminar about a lady that went through some similar situations....I will try to find that and pass on the info, BUT.....she did ALL natural things...as a matter of fact, she had been through years of "medical" treatments and possibly surgeries and it kept coming back or something...so...AS SOON as I can find that, I will listen again...HANG in there, K?

In CHRIST

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 09:43:06 AM »
I know this a very old thread, but perhaps my experience will  help someone later.
I suffered with endometriosis as a teen for years, and then it disappeared! It was only after a few months that I realized it had gone away during a regime of cleansing for ameobic dysentery and other" nasties" I picked up in a third world country. I didn't know anything about natural healing and health at that time so my program was just drinking lots of water, extra B vitamins and foods that did not make me feel horrible. I can't remember what all I ate- plain yogurt for one thing.... Someone also had given me Grapefruit seed extract that I took internally for three weeks. The GSE was the turning point. Looking back now I can see that I detoxed rapidly for several months.
I am so thankful now that I didn't get caught in thetypical  medical cure for endometriosis and that the Lord allowed me to unknowingly heal my body.
From hindsight my opinion is that a thorough cleansing program would be a wonderful "natural" place to start working towards a cure!

Offline Bethany

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 02:59:52 PM »
I have never been formally diagnosed, but my symptoms were very suggestive of endo, and I chose to try a natural route. I used natural progesterone cream on the schedule recommended by Dr. John Lee (I believe he describes it in the pre-menopause book, not the menopause one). (I would also use it when I felt symptoms, such as cramps, that I eventually learned seemed to result from estrogen dominance.) Additionally, I used chasteberry (vitex), red raspberry, and perhaps borage seed oil, and did my best to eliminate estrogen from my diet (I was most aggressive in avoiding soy in all forms).

It's been about five years since I started treating it aggressively, and I'm doing great. It took about eighteen months before I was able to phase out the large amounts of additional progesterone. I may need to repeat the treatment at some point, but I'm doing far better than I was several years ago.

Offline lilred

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 04:15:44 AM »
So the dr. recently told me that she thought I have endometriosis and prescribed me birth control pills. She said if that doesn't help the pain I will have to have surgery to see how bad it is and to know what kind of treatment I will need. I really don't want this!!! I would much rather take something natural to heal my body than pills but I don't know of anything.

Does anyone know of something that will help w/ the pain associated w/ endometriosis?

Offline herbs girl

• Master
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 04:33:17 AM »
Yes I do!!  My sister (21) and unmarried just recently had surgery for what they thought was a funny shaped uterus.  Turned out she had endometriosis and a uterine fibroid on the outside of her reproductive organs.  She was on birth control and decided that Bcontrol would make matters worse because of the excess estrogen they contain or something.  I called Mountain Meadow Herbs and told them her story.  They said the T & C formula works great for endometriosis.  I said do you know of anyone else who has taken this?  She said yes, a lady with really bad endometriosis was scheduled for surgery for hysterectomy and went on the T & C formula  for a month.  Her Pain must have been terrible.  Within one month her pain was gone, she did not have surgery and she got pregnant!!  How wonderful.  My sis is now off Bcontrol and onto the T & C formula.  If I was you I would look up the website Mountain Meadowherbs.com .  They also are very friendly and helpful to answer your questions.

Offline Hisdaughter

• Learning
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 04:36:58 AM »
read the books by DR. Lee, he has much to say about it.. i use progesterone cream
he has written 2-4 books, my personal favorite is
what your DR. may not tell you about peri-menopause...
i have read its a sign of estrogen  dominance, so bc pills are the LAST thing you want to use...
terri

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 04:55:41 AM »
I would research Estrogen Dominance & Other Hormone Imbalances and also Candida/Leaky Gut to see if these causes & other symptoms apply to you.  I agree about the BC.  I think that will make your problem worse.  They contribute to candida overgrowth and estrogen dominance which are probably the cause(s) of your problem.

Candida / Yeast: Symptoms & Cures
Candida Cleanse Without Supplements
Foods to Eat While Taking Yeast Assassin [or Other Antifungals]
Natural Antifungals
Die-Off from Candida/Yeast: Causes, Effects, Risks & Reduction
Leaky Gut:  The Cause of it All?
I Think I Have Candida and/or Leaky Gut:  What Now?

My favorite herb book!!

Offline meow77

• Learning
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 05:47:20 AM »
i have endometriosis. i did a low estrogen bc pill everyday but started having 2 periods a month plus spotting. i stopped that. they wanted to give lupron(i thnik thats what its called). puts you in menopause for like a year or somthing. don't take it. i've never heard anything good about it. i had actually just gone to doctor for something for cramps during my period. next thing i know i'm getting a laparoscopy(i don't think i spelt that right) and everything went downhill after that. i would certainly try the t&c stuff someone mentioned on the post after yours. i just live with mine for now. if anyone has any herbal suggestions for pain that would be great. good luck.

Offline teafairy

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 08:41:53 AM »
I have endo and only found out recently.

I had 2 difficult years TTC, and then 2 m/c last year.  At the end of last year, I had excrutiating pain, and problems with BD and other weird things like frequent urination.  My primay Dr requested a pelvic u/s and found a grapefruit sized cyst on my left ovary! 
LSS(long story short)- The surgery found my endo and I have been seeing a chiropracter/wellness Dr who has done nutrition response testing to find my body's sensitivities- corn, dairy, pesticides, and white sugar.  I have been on a few supplements through him and have been doing much better.  I also avoid all xenoestrogens within my control; personal care products with parabens and so forth.  There are lots of great websites with what to avoid with endo.  I almost did the endo diet, but my body isn't sensitive to wheat.  I am now seeing a chinese Dr, who helped me conceive the first time, to nurture and restore my womb, and prayerfully conceive.  Praying for you, endo is not easy or fun, but definitely manageable and God can heal all!

Offline lilred

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 04:29:54 AM »
Thanks. I didn't know that the chiropracter could help. I've been going to one for about 4 years but didn't think to tell him of my problem. I think I'll talk to him and see what he can do to help also.

Although I'm still just praying for healing!!  :)

Offline Mothers Medicine Cabinet

• Learning
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 12:49:33 AM »
    Yes, there is hope! My cousin was in pain for 48 hour when she finally told me that.she had been in pain throughout the entire night and got little to no sleep. She said she tried all her tinctures, herbs, even over the counter pills and nothing was working. It all ended up making it worse she said. I instantly jumped up and said “why didn’t you say something earlier? I have some stuff that should help you right away and not only should it relieve the pain it will start aiding in repairing what is wrong.” So, she put some “Dragon Time” on all the locations she was in pain and sure enough it instantly took 75% of her pain away and eventually as the oil worked through her body all of the pain subsided.
     "Dragon Time" is an essential oils blend that's phenomenal for female issues. God has designed a natural medicine for man and scientists are only recently discovering what that is. Here’s a link to an audio about essential oils titled “The Missing Link to Modern Medicine” http://www.anhonestbusiness.org/missing_link_to_modern_medicine.htm
      If you’d like addition information about therapeutic-grade essential oils feel free to contact me.  Jessica@anhonestbusiness.org

Offline kamom

• Adept
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 11:42:07 AM »
 I don't know where to post this, but I desperately want opinions..so please read. My gyno. thinks I have en dometriosis, but they cannot for sure diagnose it without doing surgery and checking it out. But according to my symptoms it would point to that.
 My question after doing a couple very intrusive ultasounds, she said I have fluid behind my uterus. What would that be? Did anyone ever hear of that? Is there no help for me but surgery. We have been trying to conceive for 4 yrs. She said that it suggests that I do indeed have endo.

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• Guru
  • I SEE YOU
    • BJ_BOBBI_JO blog
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 12:31:14 PM »
This is long but perhaps there might be a few ladies who could learn from it.

I cant remember where on WTM I said this so I am going to repeat it.

I had endometrosis, uterine fibroids, PCOS, ultra painful heavy diabolical irreg periods. All that got even worse after having kids.

All throughout out my teen years and early 20s I suffered labor like cramps every month with the labor like cramps lasting 2-3 days. The intensity of the pain would cause me to barf and I would also get diarrhea along with that.  I would roll around on the floor all curled up in a ball in pain with a heating pad while drugged up in massive amounts of IB and whatever else pain killer I could get a hold of. I would miss about 2-3 days of school each month because of it all. I had that uterine pain even as a young child before I ever started my periods. The doc said that is very possible.

No advice would work. The pain meds only worked some for  short bit. The heating pad helped. I would receive advice about how I should exercise, do this, do that, eat this, but nothing helped. Red raspberry is always recommended for uterine stuff but it did not even begin to tough the problem and infact made it worse at times.

I don't remember why or from whom now ( I think it was something I learned in nursing school and some other places) but I somehow come upon info on how calcium not only is good for our bones but is also one of the main mega minerals we simply must have for our muscles. If  we lack in calcium then we can have muscle pains, spasms and cramping in addition to bone and joint pains.

I knew I needed VIT D and magnesium in order to fully absorb the calcium so I found a pill that contains all of them and began taking about 2000mgs of those calcium pills daily. After doing that for a few months I saw a major wonderful miraculous difference. As long as I never skipped a day of taking those calcium pills I would not have those intolerable uterine cramps during my periods and other times of the month. Just eating/drinking calcium sources did not do the trick for me.

I mean it helped so much that it got to where I did not need the pain meds anymore.   :o    Only once in a while did I need a pain med and that was not often at all. I had gained a portion of my life back just by not having those labor like cramps anymore. I no longer needed to miss work or church and I could actually plan the camping trips without trying to figure out when my painful period would start.

CALCIUM works wonders for uterine cramps.

Many years later  in 2006 I ended up having to have a hysterectomy getting the uterus, cervix and the ovary loaded with cyst taken out. I still have 1 ovary thankfully. having babies greatly worsened my uterus and ovary cyst to the point that nothing would help it anymore. Perhaps if I had known about estrogen overload I could have done something to help it. But I could not longer have kids anyways due to my brittle diabetes and my periods became so heavy after having kids that I was bleeding all the time and had anemia because of it all which further damaged the diabetes and my over all health and future. So for me a hysterectomy was a blessing and a sweet wonderful blessing it is. My husband was happy about it also because he saw how the heavy periods were killing me and draining me of life.

My advice is to take calcium pills with Vit D and magnesium in them. Also to learn about estrogen overload  ( dominance) in order to help correct or lessen the awful pain of endometrosis.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 04:16:57 AM by healthybratt »

Offline merryheart

• Learning
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 07:44:04 PM »
I don't know about the fluid question, but I had the laparoscopy surgery to diagnose/remove endo, and it wasn't bad.  I only had a few small spots of endo, and the dr was able to laser them off during surgery.  I was nervous about having surgery, but afterwards was so glad I'd gone through with it.  It was such a relief to know for sure about the question of endo, and just the condition of my female organs in general (the dr checked my tubes, etc).  Infertility was the reason for the laparascopy, but I was having murderously painful period cramps too which made me wonder about endo.
Anyway, just wanted to encourage you that the surgery can be a really helpful thing.  I felt that it was important to have a definite diagnosis before seriously trying herbal/etc remedies, just so I could know what the problem was so I could deal with it specifically.  Hope that makes sense.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 07:47:22 PM by merryheart »

Offline kamom

• Adept
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 09:30:37 AM »
Thanks, has anyone else experienced this? fluid behind uterus.....waiting for opinions....

Offline kamom

• Adept
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 02:53:39 AM »
 Thanks,merryheart, that's what I ended up doing. The surgery went well and they did end up removing endo. It was behind my uterus, right where the fluid had been. I am so thankful that I went ahead with it, like you said now I know what I'm dealing with and they were able to remove everything they saw.
  I was back on my feet 3 days after and now a week later am feeling great!

Offline Kechia

• God's Grace
  • Wide Eyed
  • God is in control of everything!
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 11:39:13 AM »
I am new to this forum, but I need some with endometriosis. I started with it when I was 13 years old and now I am 21 years old. I have not really found anything that will help. javascript:void(0);
Sad It has been bad enough that I have passed out and thrown up at the same time. I also have really bad lower back pain with it and the cramps I cannot even describe. I am afraid to leave the house when it is time to start my period. There are times when I cannot get up and walk.

I have been to several doctors, but they have not helped. They have done a lot of test on me, but they all say that I am normal. I have news for them, I do not think I am normal.  All they want me to do is to take the pill. I do not want to do that. Now, I did see a doctor that deals with herbs, but he was able to help me for a time. Now, I am back to the way I was before.

I have tried a diet, but it was so hard for me because it took away almost all carbs. Making it so I lost a lot of weight and I do not have weight to loss. I am normally only 95 lb. Now, is that normal for someone my size? I am only 5 foot tall, but I have had people tell me that I need to gain weight, but I can not. Then when I get sick every month, I lose 3 or 4 lb., if not more. So that diet did not work.

Should I try to drink teas that would have herbs in it that would help with endo.?  javascript:void(0);
Huh Should I try a different kind of diet?

The other question that I have is this. Can it spread to lots of areas of the body? I know that it can attack the different organs of the body, but what organs does this include?

Thank you for your help. javascript:void(0);
Smiley Please pray for me. This is very hard for me. I also dreamed of being  a normal young lady, but...javascript:void(0);
Cry
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11 :)

Offline Hanssie

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 06:18:12 PM »
My friend referred me to this board because I was diagnosed with possible endometriosis. I say possible because I refused to have the laproscopy to confirm. I went to a Eastern Biomedical specialist who had diagnosed it as endo before the ultrasound results even came out.

I have been researching online and reading Endometriosis, the natural cure. I will include some of the stuff I have learned as well as some traditional chinese stuff I have been trying.

1. Foods: All about reducing your intake of toxins. So try to get all organic fruits and veggies, free range chickens, Omega 3 eggs, fish that is NOT farmed, no red meat, no sugar, no wheat, no processed foods, no dairy, no soy, nothing genetically modified, no soda, coffee, black tea or hot chocolate. Eat lots of raw fruits and veggies (use a juicer to get it all in! Oats, rice, quinoa, corn, grains, and legumes are good. Garlic, onions and pineapple helps with inflamation. Green tea decaf is good and I have found agave nectar as a good natural sweetener

2. Water: Avoid all water in plastic bottles or tap water. Water in plastic bottles have so many toxins called xenoestrogens in it. Your body thinks this is estrogen and tries to process it as such which aggravates endo. Instead you need to drink mineral water in glass bottles or get a water filter. Also water you bathe in should be purified if possible. And you need to drink at least 8 glasses a day. You need to help your liver flush out all the bad stuff.

3. Beauty products: Parabens and other chemicals in makeup, lotions, shampoos and everything you put on your body goes in and through the liver, so try to switch to organic stuff with no preservatives most commonly called parabens.

4. Excerise: swimming is great except all the chlorine (they say that swimming in cholrinated water is like drinking an 8oz glass of it!), brisk walking or gentle jogging, chi gong and tai chi are great

5. TCM: traditional chinese medicine - some tips - limit stress, eat SLOWLY (so your body has time to digest), get good sleep, detox...I also go to an herbalist and drink this nasty herbal tea 2x a day which helps detox the liver and kidneys.

I have been reading The Endometriosis Natural Treatment Program - which has a lot of info on aromatherapy and massage techniques to help with pain and also www.endoresolved.com has a lot of info and a cookbook with tons of recipes and sauces and alternatives to milk, sugar, sauces, dressings etc.

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• Guru
  • I SEE YOU
    • BJ_BOBBI_JO blog
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 02:44:52 AM »
kechia- I feel for you because I had endometrosis most of my life. Infact they say I most likely even had it before  I ever  started my periods at age 12. Period times were awful to where I would burn my belly with a heating pad and roll around on the floor or bed moaning in awful pain for several days each month. it stole several days to a week from my life every month. The diarrhea, the barfing, the weakness and the pain. Scroll up and see my long post for more info.

I wanted to be killed or kill myself each month because the pain was as so bad. it was like end stage labor pains non stop for days each month. And of course no one understands unless they happen to go threw the same thing. So on top of the explosive diarrhea and intense pain is the remarks  like  " i have cramps and can.bla bla bla  or women have had cramps for 1000s of years so get over it and get busy.........."

Please try calcium pills like I mention above. They saved my life. I kn0w we are all differant but calcium does seem to help a lot of women.

Should I try to drink teas that would have herbs in it that would help with endo.?  javascript:void(0);
Huh Should I try a different kind of diet?

The other question that I have is this. Can it spread to lots of areas of the body? I know that it can attack the different organs of the body, but what organs does this include?

I am a strong believer in the use of herbs but for me there was no herb to help take that endometrosis away. It was as if the uterus pain was to powerful for anything to help it. Nothing but calcium.

Yes endometrosis can spread to your other organs. It can grow in and on the uterus, on the intestines and bladder and could even grow up higher in the body on other organs but from what I know the intestines and bladder get nailed with it more often. I had it on my bladder and lower intestines. I no longer have a uterus but still have endometrosis because when they took my uterus out they found some endometrosis growing in the folds of my bowels but it was too risky of a place for them to lazer it off so they had to let it go. It don't bother me much because of the calcium pills. A person can have only a small amount of endometreosis and suffer immensely or they can have tons of it and hardly suffer. It is differant for all people.

The uterus is a muscle about the size of each woman's fist that can bring us to our knees in so much pain that a shot to the head would feel better. But there is HOPE! Really there is. Calcium not only helps the bones but also greatly helps our muscles to not hurt so bad. It also limits and or stops that awful  uterine pains. Just drinking lots of milk don't seem to help.

If you decide to try the calcium pill approach to relieving your pain please make sure it is a calcium pill that also contains magnesium and Vit D because they both greatly help the calcium get maxium absorption in our bodies. It takes about a month of taking the calcium pills daily before I saw the difference but once I saw it I was hooked on calcium. Don't forget even 1 day. I would sometimes forget to take it just 1 day and noticed a difference.

Hang in there girl! There is hope out there! You can get your life back!  ;)

Offline kamom

• Adept
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 10:27:33 AM »
   I also have endo. I had it removed surgically last month , but was finding relief even before the surgery by taking Evening Primrose Oil, Cod Liver Oil and drinking red raspberry tea. 
 I take the EPO from day 1 of my cycle until I ovulate. I drink the tea on and off all month. I also want to repeat what BJ mentioned about the calcium.
  We went ahead and did surgery because I didn't have the confidence that all the natural helps would actually clear what had already grown.
  You can find a detailed diet plan on the internet. I don't know how to post links. Type in "natural help for endo".
   God Bless

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2008, 11:33:47 AM »
I would go with a candida or anti inflammatory diet and add GSE (grapefruit seed extract) for several weeks as well as a whole food vitamin, a natural vit. C, cod liver oil and probiotics. Digestive enzymes will also help you get maximum nutrition out of what you eat. Go organic if possible, especially meat and dairy. Plenty (like an insane amount  ;)) of good fats -  coconut, butter, olive oil, avocadoes will help as well. I am finding when I go low carb I need those to keep my weight steady. It might be helpful to find an nd who would run a hormone panel for you to see if you are balanced, but no way would I go the normal treatment route without many other desperate measures.
If you haven't read it all ready I have a post earlier in the thread about my experience.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2008, 03:29:00 PM »
Sad It has been bad enough that I have passed out and thrown up at the same time. I also have really bad lower back pain with it and the cramps I cannot even describe. I am afraid to leave the house when it is time to start my period. There are times when I cannot get up and walk.
You might want to look into hormone balance.  If you have PMS this bad, I'd guess your hormones are totally out of whack.  I hope you find some relief soon.  This can't be fun.  Here are some links to get you started.

Irregular/Difficult Menstrual Cycles & PMS: Cramps, Bloating/Water Gain, Nausea, Etc.
Estrogen Dominance & Other Hormone Imbances: Causes & Cures
Progesterone Cream: How, Why & When to Use
Wild Yam Root and hormones?
Homemade wild Yam Cream
What kind of progesterone supplement should I take?

I have tried a diet, but it was so hard for me because it took away almost all carbs. Making it so I lost a lot of weight and I do not have weight to loss. I am normally only 95 lb. Now, is that normal for someone my size? I am only 5 foot tall, but I have had people tell me that I need to gain weight, but I can not. Then when I get sick every month, I lose 3 or 4 lb., if not more. So that diet did not work.

This diet may have helped some, but if you've ever taken antibiotics or anything else to upset the natural flora in your body, diet wouldn't be enough.  You would need to follow up with something healing to the intestines, probiotics, good fats, etc.  If you have candida, parasites and/or leaky gut, this can cause you to lose weight or be unable to gain weight when necessary.  I don't think 95 lbs is terrible for someone 5 ft tall, but I'm sure you could afford more depending on your frame.

I Think I Have Candida and/or Leaky Gut:  What Now?

HTH

My favorite herb book!!

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2008, 11:44:28 AM »
Are there any other testimonies of people treating endometriosis with natural progesterone cream?  The ones already posted here are encouraging.  I've had endometriosis for about two years.  Since then, I've done the MC, treated yeast three times, done bentonite clay foot baths, gone on a really natural diet (I have celiac disease so that includes no gluten), and I had surgery to remove it almost three months ago.  Since the surgery I've been drinking about 2 cups a day of RRL tea, taking CLO and Supermom, and EPO off and on.  I was feeling really good until about four weeks ago I started having pain, sore breasts, and my skin broke out really bad.  Now that my period has come around again I'm in ALOT of pain in the same spot that they removed the endometriosis, making me think it has started to grow back already.  :'( :-\  The only thing I haven't tried consistently is the natural progesterone cream.  I used it before my surgery but not since.  Any thoughts on whether this would treat the problem or not?  I definitely don't want to end up having surgery again and I don't want to be in pain all the time.

Thanks
abbilynn
Wife for 11 years, Mommy to 3 rambunctious boys!!  :)  Lover of Jesus, my hubby, my kids, and learning!
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://glutenfreegoose.blogspot.com/

Offline beechcrawler

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 08:50:01 AM »
Hi dleeandcc,

My friend, Carolyn Marie, was diagnosed with Endometriosis in 2002 and the gloom and doom of her experience with Western medicine sent her to her end…d’oh! (dorky, but I couldn't resist). After ten years of battling with surgeries and pills (which had only worsened the ailment), she opted for natural and holistic healing. If you want more insights into the disease and alternative treatments, you can reach out to her at:

www.HealingNRG.org

Hope this information helps. I wish you all the best! =)