Author Topic: quick and easy desserts  (Read 41806 times)

Offline Gigi

• Master
Re: quick and easy desserts
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2008, 05:31:48 AM »
You da woman, sunshine06!  Thanks a bunch.   ;)

Offline barngirl

• Adept
    • Feminine Farmgirl
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2008, 01:12:12 AM »
No-Oven Peanut Butter Squares

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
2 cups powdered sugar
1-1/2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
1 cup peanut butter
1-1/2 pkg. (12 squares) Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate

LINE 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Set aside.
MELT butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 45 sec. until melted. Add sugar, graham cracker crumbs and peanut butter; mix well. Spread into prepared pan.
MICROWAVE chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 to 2 min. or until melted, stirring after each min. Cool slightly; pour over peanut butter mixture in pan. Cool. Cut partially through dessert to mark 48 squares. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set. Lift from pan, using foil handles. Cut all the way through dessert into squares.

Just made these last night...my Grandma has a simular recipe, but this is even better! The whole pan is just about gone, but I guess stuff doesn't last long in a big family:) Thank you for sharing it...it's WONDERFUL!!!!!

Jenna
Check out my blog! www.femininefarmgirl.blogspot.com
Our Family Farm blog! www.reganfamfarm.blogspot.com
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
                  Philippians 4:13

Offline kittyninja

• KITTYNINJA
  • Master
    • blogger
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2008, 11:13:27 AM »
Hi I need a healthy (non sugar) meringue cookie recipe - not sure if honey will let it get crispy...hmmm
  ALso FLAN!! any way to make it healthier?

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2008, 12:38:59 PM »

ALso FLAN!! any way to make it healthier?

What's NOT healthy about flan!???  It's wonderful stuff made of eggs, milk, and cream; all healthy items, imo.   I make the caramelized sugar for the syrup topping, but cut back on the amount of sugar in the custard.  You could substitute honey for the sweetener in the flan, but still really need to have the caramelized sugar. 

Let me know if you need a recipe. 

Don't know about the meringue cookies with honey.  Would you be able to reduce the recipe a lot and try it with a small batch? 
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2008, 01:26:08 PM »
I agree with Ladyhen on flan being pretty healthy as is. You could always sweeten it with honey if you wanted.

As far as the meringue cookies, what about using real maple syrup or maple sugar instead of honey? It should be crispier that way. HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline kittyninja

• KITTYNINJA
  • Master
    • blogger
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2008, 02:29:22 PM »
hmmm yeah i thought someone would say that. i guess homemade flan is MUCH better than the store bought stuff. grandma just got out of the hospital and i wanted to make her some flan (what with needing all soft foods to eat and all). i did find a honey flan recipe, but i think i will make both versions. i'll stick with the regular recipe for the meringue cookies. they are for mom and it's not like she eats all the other sweets anyways.
thanks all!