Author Topic: MC, Parasite, and Liver Cleanse overlap?  (Read 3794 times)

Offline Jess

• Learning
MC, Parasite, and Liver Cleanse overlap?
« on: May 07, 2007, 01:51:20 PM »
Hello,

I've noticed that several folks here have done the Master Cleanse and other cleanses. I've been doing the Master Cleanse each Spring for a few years now, and will be finishing this year's in a four days. I want to followup with a liver and parasite cleanse over the next month. I figure since it's already going to have been 11 days of just lemonade... I might as well get some other spring cleaning done too... but  there's so much varied info about other cleanses that i don't know what to take or what order to do it in.

Before the questions...from the point where I started... here's I what have in mind:
  • 3 days mostly juice
  • 11-12 days Master Cleanse + taking Intestinal Supplement containing 1050mg/day blend of wormwood, black walnut hull, and clove. (I'm in the 8th day of this right now)
  • 1 day of just orange juice - begin taking probiotics and Yeast Assasin
  • 2-3 days preparing for liver flush by drinking lots of apple juice with a little bit of homemade soup or soft raw foods. Continue taking probiotic and YA
  • 1 day to begin liver gall stone flush
  • 1 day to rest and allow for results of liver flush; drink juices and maybe soup; take probiotics in the afternoon
  • Continue taking probiotic and YA till supply is gone; re-enter into the world of normal food via juices, raw foods, and home-made soup for a week.
  • Remain vegan, unprocessed and sugar-free for at least the following 2 weeks. Food ideas include juices, pumpkin seeds, coconut oil, greens and garlic, fruit, softened figs, Mung Dahl, sprouts, nuts, fruit, veggies, and herbal tea.

I actually just edited my questions down... because I feel like I can figure out some of the basic things... but I still have a few questions:

Yeast Assassin (YA) / Parasite Cleansing:
Does YA cleanse really thoroughly for parasites  as well as yeast? How does YA compare to a specific Parasite Cleanser like "Parasitin+"? (again, I've already been taking a supplement containing wormwood leaf, black walnut hull, sweet wormwood leaf, and clove flower bud during the MC). If necessary- I'd like to take both Yeast Assassin and another Parasite Cleanser with things like Kamala Powder in it. Would YA and Parasitin+ interact alright together? Is that "overkill?"

What should I do first?:
I want to take the following supplements and do a liver cleanse:
  • Yeast Assassin and/or another Parasite cleanser
  • A Liver Support supplement that I already have (containing Dandelion plant, Artichoke leaf, Beet root, Milk Thistle seed, Tumeric rhizome extract, + Goldenseal)
  • Probiotics
I have 2 different theories:
1: Do the liver cleanse now, I just master cleansed and used wormwood and walnut and clove. It would be nice to do the liver flush right after the MC since I'm already in intense detoxification. Then I can cleanse for Parasites with YA (and parasitin+?), do liver maintenance with my support supplement, and be very mindful of my diet for the next month.
vs:
2: My fears with idea #1 are that a bunch of parasites, etc. may die and remain stuck in my liver and intestines if I'm just taking YA and not cleansing everything out afterward. Also- is 3 supplements + probiotics too many things to take at once... would they possibly negate each other? The #2 option would be to focus on YA and parasite cleansing for the next 20-30 days, and then to do a liver cleanse/flush later on.

I would prefer to do idea #1 and just get it all done at once. Maybe there is no right answer.... but let me know if you have some informed input. I've never done a liver or parasite cleanse before, and if I'm going to do these- I'd like to do them as effectively and thoroughly as possible.

Thank you for your time and care!
-Jess
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 08:20:00 AM by Jess »

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
Re: Lots of Q's : Liver Flush, YA, and Parasite questions
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 02:49:01 PM »
The one thing that really stood out to me is that one of your supplements contains goldenseal. Goldenseal lowers blood sugar so wouldn't be a good idea during fasts/cleanses when your blood sugar tends to be low already. Also, what is your reason for using goldenseal? I ask not to criticize but because goldenseal has been over harvested so it's preferable to use another herb if possible & save goldenseal for times when it is the best choice to use.   Just my .02. HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline Jess

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 04:28:39 AM »
Thanks for your concern- the Goldenseal is the last ingredient in a proprietary blend of my "liver support" supplement. I haven't used this yet... so if it lowers blood sugar- I'll be sure to take that one after the fasting is over with- when I'm getting appropriate nutrition from fruits and vegetables.

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 10:11:51 AM »
Thanks for your concern- the Goldenseal is the last ingredient in a proprietary blend of my "liver support" supplement. I haven't used this yet... so if it lowers blood sugar- I'll be sure to take that one after the fasting is over with- when I'm getting appropriate nutrition from fruits and vegetables.

Actually, although the sugars in fruits & veggies will raise blood sugar it will quickly fall again. Eating adequate protein is the key to keeping blood sugar stable. A lot of people don't realize this but it's true. A herbal formula for liver support IS a good idea, just not one with goldenseal taken while fasting/cleansing. HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline Jess

• Learning
Re: MC, Parasite, and Liver Cleanse overlap?
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 09:36:38 PM »
Ok,
I'm done with the Master Cleanse... yay!!!
I've been reading the boards quite a bit... and asked some people- and am having trouble finding any conclusive advice about what cleanse to do first... so I want to start drinking some apple juice tomorrow night to start prepping for a liver cleanse as followup.

Offline MQM

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 04:26:46 AM »
So would anyone say that you should definitely NOT do a yeast/parasite cleanse simultaneously with  the Master Cleanse? Other than what herbalmom mentioned about the goldenseal and blood sugar, do you think it would be safe/effective to do cleanses together?

My dh agreed to do the MC with me and start this week and I didn't want to tell him to wait because I was surprised/thrilled he agreed in the first place.

Thanks and Happy New Year Everyone!

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 05:45:56 AM »
There's alot of comment on parasites causing problems on attempted liver flushes...I can see Jess how you would want to get it over with.
Hard to say exactly what I personally would choose, but most likely I would do a month or more of a careful nutritive diet and a parasite cleanse and then do a 3 day fast on no fat, fresh apple juice ( malic or citric acid helps soften gallbladder stones and liver sludge) and raw veggies and then the liver cleanse.