Author Topic: Instant Breakfast  (Read 3590 times)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Instant Breakfast
« on: May 25, 2006, 02:06:08 PM »
My SIL is eliminating her sugars to get ready to use Yeast Assassin and Tummy-Tuneup.  So far she's had very little trouble with lunch and supper; however she is a very early riser (5am) to make a long commute to work in the morning and she just doesn't have the energy or desire to make breakfast, so she's drinking Slim Fast.  She wants to eliminate this as she knows it's chock full of sugar, but she can't think of a quick, easy substitute.  Kefir might be a solution in the long run once I get my grains, but she needs something more readily available.  Any ideas?  She doesn't want anything to eat that she actually has to chew *snicker*  I can understand that, I'm not much of a breakfast person myself.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Chickory Chick

• Adept
    • My Blog
Re: Instant Breakfast
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 02:36:42 PM »
Plain yogurt with some fresh fruit!
Chickory Chick fka Kayinpa http://kayinpa.blogspot.com/

Offline StephTallent

• Adept
    • Beeyoutiful
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 02:43:34 PM »
I don't like a "Solid" breakfast either.  Usually upsets my stomach.  The solution I came up with was "freezer" baggies filled with a mixture of fresh frozen fruit or fresh if I have it on hand.  I pop that into my blender cup, pour on some Kefir, spoon in a couple of spoonfuls of plain yogurt, some protein powder and a splash of fresh juice and pop it on my Magic Bullet Blender for about 1 minute.  The entire process takes about 3 minutes and the result is a smooth, creamy drinkable breakfast. 

This doesn't eliminate the fruit sugars but it's way better than Slim Fast and is really easy to make on the run!  :D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 02:45:20 PM by StephTallent »
Do not become so focused on where you are, and the destination you forget from whence you came. Concentrate not on what is to be attained so that you forget to extend encouragement, love and help to those behind.

Offline Maria/NHM

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 03:03:01 AM »
We love fruit smoothies for breakfast. If I'm looking for a little more protein I'll make a shake with milk, banana, peanut butter, carob powder, brewers yeast, flax seeds and honey or molasses. Add a couple ice cubes to make it cold and easy on the brewers yeast :)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 11:34:40 AM by Ella »
My Blog
http://naturallyhealthymommy.blogspot.com/
Learning and sharing about nutrition and herbs
My user name used to be Ella :)

Offline Kati*did

• Master
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 12:29:43 PM »
Does the Magic Bullet work as a juicer as well?  My husband and I have smoothies all the time, and I think I'm going to get this...so sick of fighting with the blender!!!!   :P

Katie
"...plain Kate, and bonny Kate, and sometimes Kate the curst..."

Offline kittyninja

• KITTYNINJA
  • Master
    • blogger
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 10:31:59 AM »
i am revamping hubby's diet due to problems...see ulcer post.... :(

he wants oatmeal 2-3 times a week and a smoothie or shake type thingy alternating. we are thinkiing he isn't digesting well so he needs something to get him going. so anymore"liquid" breakfast  recipies would be good. and anyone have a suggestion on a good protein powder? should i start a differant thread? 

ALSO can these be made the night before and stuck in the fridge? he leaves at 530am and i am not always up that early and he really doesn't want to run the blender that early.

Offline freshisbest

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 01:23:29 PM »
What about cereal/grains in the crockpot..turn it on the night before?

Offline kittyninja

• KITTYNINJA
  • Master
    • blogger
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 01:35:56 PM »
i gotta get a smaller crock pot to do the oatmeal/cereal/grains thing...i'm looking for smoothie/protein shake type drinks