Author Topic: Panic Attacks (Stress & Anxiety): Causes & Cures  (Read 33285 times)

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
Re: Panic Attacks (Stress & Anxiety): Causes & Cures
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2009, 04:39:28 PM »
Diagnose my DH, please! He has had really bad dizziness and a headache on one side of his head for three days now. He went to the doctor today (a more natural osteopath) and was told that it is just stress?!? Does that sound possible? Five days after our new baby was born, his father passed away, and then he's had trouble with work since then. I know he's been under huge amounts of stress, but could that be causing his symptoms?

The doctor told him to take cod liver oil (which I wholeheartedly agree with!) and wants him to take "buspirone" rx - which, from what I've read, is a few steps down from "Valium".

I'm concerned that the doctor is missing something serious, and am just curious if these symptoms could really only be stress related.

When I get sinus infections, I get those exact same symptoms.  I won't have any drainage or anything, just a sharp, painful headache on one side of my head and a feeling of dizziness.  Could that be a possibility with your dh?  Usually if I start taking fresh raw garlic cloves, the pain will subside.  Just a thought, hope he feels better soon!  :)

abbilynn
Wife for 11 years, Mommy to 3 rambunctious boys!!  :)  Lover of Jesus, my hubby, my kids, and learning!
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://glutenfreegoose.blogspot.com/

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2009, 02:50:49 AM »
Diagnose my DH, please! He has had really bad dizziness and a headache on one side of his head for three days now. He went to the doctor today (a more natural osteopath) and was told that it is just stress?!? Does that sound possible? Five days after our new baby was born, his father passed away, and then he's had trouble with work since then. I know he's been under huge amounts of stress, but could that be causing his symptoms?

The doctor told him to take cod liver oil (which I wholeheartedly agree with!) and wants him to take "buspirone" rx - which, from what I've read, is a few steps down from "Valium".

I'm concerned that the doctor is missing something serious, and am just curious if these symptoms could really only be stress related.

I would make sure your DH is getting enough water--dehydration can be #1 cause of dizziness & headaches. I would do the water w/fresh squeezed lemon & a pinch of celtic sea salt. This is much more readily absorbed into the body's cells.

Have you looked into a chiropractic adjustment? I really believe in chiropractic and it has helped us with everything to allergies, asthma, headaches & knee/back pain.

You might also want to try some extra magnesium for your DH. Along with fish oil, magnesium is a great way to reduce inflammation in the body, no matter where it may be. Most Americans are severely magnesium deficient.

These are just quick thoughts. I hope you find an answer soon!

MS

"No one stands as tall as a Christian on his knees."
Get $5 off your first iHerb.com order: Code ISA141

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2009, 08:59:06 AM »
I second the possibility of a sinus issue.  I was just reading about a little girl who had horrible headaches, dizziness, nausea, etc.  They though it was a brain tumor, but it ended up being an impacted sinus. 
Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2009, 09:36:59 AM »

You may want to read these threads about adrenal function and taking care of the endocrine system.  Hoping that you'll find the key to this.

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,12890.0.html

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,693.0.html
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline prolifeguyswife

• Adept
    • Colorado's Personhood Amendment 2008
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2009, 05:31:13 PM »
Thank you Sarah K - I picked up the valerian root, now I just have to convince DH to take it! I'm glad to avoid the drugs, but he's going to hang on to the prescription in case the Valerian root doesn't work.

Offline Libbyleigh

• Learning
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2013, 06:48:10 AM »
I see that it has been several years since anyone has posted here, but hopefully someone is keeping tabs and will respond.

Alright, I have been having some episodes that I think might be panic attacks, but I'm not sure. During a stressful situation, I will begin to feel a tingling in my chest and a tightening in my stomach. The tingling will move into my face, my legs and down into my fingers, to the point that I cannot move them. I will begin to feel very light headed, get tunnel vision, and become intensely nauseated.
I first began experiencing this about four years ago, and though it was blood sugar, but since it only happens when I'm nervous or scared, I think that it might be a panic attack. Also, it happens mainly when I'm driving, and I'm not sure why. I was in a wreck when I was 7, but it was mild, and I am a safe driver, so I don't know why I would be afraid of driving.
Also, social situations bother me. I don't have quite the same panic attack feeling, but I have an intense fear of throwing up, and am always afraid that I am either going to throw up or pass out, and because of all the people, I will not be able to get to the bathroom fast enough, or I will make a scene.

I also have several other fears, but I think that those two are quite enough for now!   ::)
If anyone has any ideas as to what  may be causing this, I am open to any suggestions, and just ready to start living a less fearful life! :)