Author Topic: Links to Good Health-Related Sites  (Read 1517 times)

Offline Julia

• Master
Links to Good Health-Related Sites
« on: April 19, 2007, 11:41:59 AM »
I'm sure we've all had the experience where we go back to a thread to find a link we thought was there and can't remember exactly which thread, which page, etc. And I know you all are always referring me to great sites so that my "Favorites" folder is bursting with them. I thought it might be helpful to have a thread just to post links to good sites we find, and maybe to take a sentence or two to explain them (& disclaim ourselves if we need to  ::)). Then if we are at a loss for an answer to something, we can refer to this thread. Hope there's not already something like this,  I searched and didn't find it and I haven't seen it during my way-too-many hours of being on this site  :o ::).

Here's a cool one I just found: http://www.doctoryourself.com/index.html
"Doctor Yourself"! I thought you all would like this one! Motto: "If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. This especially includes your health care." He even has a section on how to do surgery!

I like www.askdrsears.com for being able to figure out possible diagnoses for issues and get a feel for the treatment. Dr. Sears seems to have somewhat of a natural mindset and will reccomend garlic oil for ears as well as antibiotics and explain the side effects of antibiotics, etc. I also like www.kidsgrowth.com and www.webmd.com for "diagnosing."

When I was pregnant www.midwiferytoday.com was helpful.

www.ehow.com can come in handy when you want to know HOW to do something.

I may list more later when I am logged in to my own account and can get to my favorites.

Of course I personally don't endorse everything on these web sites  ;).
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 11:44:29 AM by JuliaofSunnyside »