Author Topic: Has anyone noticed SuperMom decreases Postpartum Blues/depression?  (Read 3762 times)

Offline herbs girl

• Master
I am reading about PPd and wondered if anyone noticed a difference in there moods ect the time postpartum that you took SuperMom versus the time you would have just taken a regular Prenatal after the Baby was born?   I have had PPD twice, just  checking into this a little.  Thanks

Offline floydian

• Master
Re: Has anyone noticed SuperMom decreases Postpartum Blues/depression?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 10:45:17 AM »
I am reading about PPd and wondered if anyone noticed a difference in there moods ect the time postpartum that you took SuperMom versus the time you would have just taken a regular Prenatal after the Baby was born?   I have had PPD twice, just  checking into this a little.  Thanks
I used both Supermom and Evening Primrose Oil.  I had only one night of post partem blues after my last birth.  That was about 2 wks after he was born and we had been up most of the night for about a week.  And this was around 2 a.m.   Soooooo......
I think very little was actually PPD and much more sleep deprivation.  This is #6, and I have gone through the baby blues with all but this one. 

IMO, the EPO was probably what kept away the blues this time rather than the Supermom.  The Supermom gave me energy to function despite lack of sleep.  Then again, they probably worked hand in hand.
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine—
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

Offline herbs girl

• Master
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 10:57:58 AM »
Floydian, thanks! ;D  how much EPO did you take?  I found a complete nutrition program (3 bottles)  for before birth and after birth.  THe after birh has been studied and has studies on the website to back it up.  But I like my SuperMoms!!  The website is pregnancyrecovery.com I think.  I thought if some ladies had some good testemonials on any link between feeling better after birth with Supermoms versus just taking reg. prenatals before & after birth.  We need a POLL!!  Healthy Bratt can you help me with t his one? Or anyone else?

Offline floydian

• Master
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 03:47:16 PM »
I used the ones from Beeyoutiful. 

I can't remember how many I took a day.   I think only one after I gave birth.   :-\ I think I took more than that before birth and know I used them vaginally to help soften the cervix. 

I have been taking two supermoms a day for awhile.  I think since my second month of pregnancy.  I began taking EPO maybe 6 weeks before I delivered--only it was like 8 weeks because I wasn't sure when I got pregnant, and then he was a week and a half late.

Whatever the recommended amount was, I took it.
Sorry I can't be of more help.  That was 6 mos ago, and I have trouble remembering what I did yesterday. ::)

Offline herbs girl

• Master
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 04:18:20 PM »
So the EPO before and after the birth is probably what did it?!!  I have been reading that it is good for PPd.

Offline floydian

• Master
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 08:43:37 AM »
So the EPO before and after the birth is probably what did it?!!  I have been reading that it is good for PPd.
From what I have read on here, I think so.
However, when my energy level is up, I am much less likely to be in the dumps.  I wouldn't stop taking supermoms after I gave birth.  I have read on here that EPO helps during your period also, which makes me think that the EPO was what helped me the most for PPD.
If I had to choose one or the other for cost reasons, I would go with the supermoms just because of the energy factor, but if I could do both, I would.