Author Topic: Heavy Whipping Cream  (Read 21491 times)

Offline ladyhen

• Master
Re: Heavy Whipping Cream
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2008, 05:21:02 AM »
So what would you do with cream that has soured in the fridge way too long, has seperated to the point of having thick white stuff on the bottom, clear liquid in the middle, and thick sour buttery stuff on the top? No mold, as far as I can tell.

Is this 'sour cream'?   ;D
Was it cream from raw milk?  I suppose raw cream would be the only one I would try using for cooking.  I've added soured cream to soups and sauces many times. 
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline naturalgirl

• Adept
  • one insignificant particle, combined
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2008, 05:56:45 AM »
Yep, yep, yep. That's why we've hesitated throwing it out. Good raw cream comes way too rarely around here.

Offline FarmWife

• Adept
    • Amazing Graze Farm
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2008, 05:33:37 PM »
So what would you do with cream that has soured in the fridge way too long, has seperated to the point of having thick white stuff on the bottom, clear liquid in the middle, and thick sour buttery stuff on the top? No mold, as far as I can tell.

What does it smell like?  Mine does not usually separate into 3 layers.  I get the thick white stuff and the clear liquid.  I let the thick white stuff drain and make cottage cheese with it.  As long as it just smells sort of sour and not yucky and you don't see mold, try it.  Taste a little.  Try a little salt and taste again.  You may come up with a new treat.  It may work like sour cream.  I am not sure. 
Only by His merciful grace,
Marci

Come check out our store..
www.amazinggrazefarm.com/store

Offline Redheadedmama

• Learning
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2016, 05:12:39 PM »
I love whipping cream, it's the real stuff ! Better than Cool Whip! I have made it many times and butter too.