Author Topic: What is the best cookware to use?  (Read 58007 times)

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
Re: What is the best cookware to use?
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2009, 09:51:17 AM »
He has a chart on that page, that is supposed to be making a point about leaching... but it doesn't have Pyrex (glass) cookware on it. It has a listing for glass cookware with a nonstick coating, and of course the coating is bad. But there was nothing about plain glassware. According to lab tests done by a WAPF member, Pyrex does not off gas or leach. I wonder why he left it off of his chart.

WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2009, 11:54:20 AM »
Seems obvious, to me, why glass or Pyrex isn't on the chart.  The linked article is an advertisement designed to SELL a product to you.   A lot of the Mercola stuff is simply that - advertising for their products.  Merchandisers are very careful in how they market their products and are unlikely to compare their product to a less expensive option that is equal or superior in performance. 

just my .02
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2009, 06:59:06 PM »
Seems obvious, to me, why glass or Pyrex isn't on the chart.  The linked article is an advertisement designed to SELL a product to you.   A lot of the Mercola stuff is simply that - advertising for their products.  Merchandisers are very careful in how they market their products and are unlikely to compare their product to a less expensive option that is equal or superior in performance. 

just my .02

Those were my thoughts as well, but sarcasm doesn't come off so well in print. LOL!

WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2009, 03:35:01 AM »
Farther down in the text is a lot of information about Teflon and other non-stick.  I guess I'm just really, really surprised at how many people just haven't gotten the message that this stuff is dangerous.  There was a lot of news in the Midwest last fall about a plant closing that made non-stick cookware coating and how many employees, present and past, with health problems.    :-\

For me, I love my glass pans and the enamel on cast iron, but I try to only use wood utensils in them.  Can't seem to train my brain to keep my hands OFF of the metal ones.   ::)

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline seekingtruth

• Adept
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2009, 03:02:31 PM »
I posted this over on 7xsunday and thought I should put it here as well for anyone looking for cookware. 

I would try to get pans that have an encapsulated bottom.  I have one without it and everything burns in it!

If you have a business id or know someone who does- I know a great place to get some pans.

Here is a link to the info page, http://www.bnfusa.com/ByCat/100011/

but the prices are much, much cheaper.  The set I bought is called

World's Finestâ„¢ 7-Ply Steam Controlâ„¢ 17pc Surgical Stainless Steel Cookware Set

I bought them about 7 years ago and paid less than $150.  They are the "waterless" type cookware and are similar
 to the expensive stuff on urbanhomemaker and in home party sets. 

But to get the wholesale price, you have to have a business tax id.  It doesn't matter what the business is for. 
I no longer have a business id and have been wanting to find someone with one so I can get a new stock pot.

HTH, Tammy