Author Topic: sudden sickness and fatigue  (Read 4878 times)

Offline mishy

• Master
sudden sickness and fatigue
« on: April 02, 2006, 07:48:12 PM »
My Mom is 51 and has just started having these episodes of feeling very ill and then will go to sleep for an hour or so and then be OK, but a little off until the next day when she will be fine.  She just had all the medical tests done for another problem and MRI and blood didn't show anything except a high bacteria count in her urine.  She asked me what I recommend since I am just starting to dig and learn as much herbal stuff as I can.  But to those of you who have been in it longer, I wondered what your advice would be.  She has a VERY healthy lifestyle with seldom eating refined sugar, white flour, 0 canned items.... and also has a pretty hefty exercise regime (she runs 10ks).  She asked about the supermom, but I haven't gotten mine yet. 
Thanks!
Danna :)

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
Re: sudden sickness and fatigue
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 10:23:13 AM »
Hi Dana,
I've prayed for your mom, and have been thinking about an answer. I assume she was checked out for cancer?

Her symptoms also sound like Candida symptoms, but if she is a healthy eater, that may not be the problem.

Do you know if her iron levels are usually high or low?

Has she had any pain, fever, or aches?

Is her thought process and vision normal?

Has she recently moved to a new location, or began using any new products/foods that she didn't use before?

My first thought was for her to try the Master Cleanse, preceeded by the Liver Flush, but more information would be helpful.

:-\
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline mishy

• Master
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 11:56:57 AM »
Thanks Rebekah!
I agree I don't really think it can be Candida.  The only thing they eat that has yeast is whole grain (8 grain) bread.  They are constantly on the road so are eating other places that they hope are healthy (Panera is a favorite which is soup and sands). 
I doubt her iron is low because she had a full round of bloodwork done and I would think that would have shown up. 
The reason she had all the bloodwork done was because of a pain she had in her midsection.  I say midsection because it isn't in only one place, but hits all around sporadically.  The possible explaination was because of a tipped uterus and with age as her body settles, it is hitting on a nerve and causing this shooting pain- which she says is severe to the point of being debillitating while it lasts (which is for seconds).  She was going to the chiropractor for that, but it wasn't helping.  What she has found that helps is hanging upside down for a couple of minutes (in case you are wondering, she does this at the gym).  So those are the pain and aches, but I don't know of any fever. 
Hm, I was just thinking - they travel all the time for my dad's work.  99% in the US.  But we live on the other side of the planet (17 hours flying time) and they visit us about 3x a year.  So they are always on airplanes.  There was a study about blot clots in people who fly frequently, but I think it was for longer flights than those over the US continent. But I thought I'd mention that. 
Her thought process and vision are normal- are you asking if during the episode they are normal, or in general?  I am not sure about during the episode.  The first one hit while they were skiing so I am assuming her thought was OK and she didn't mention anything about vision.   
They moved to their current location a couple of years ago, but like I said about 3 times a month they are elsewhere.  She discovered trader joe's and whole foods about 6 mos to a year ago, so I don't think there is anything new. 
The other thing that I can think to mention is that when home she works like crazy.  They are renovating their house and she also does all the yard work.  If company is coming she cleans the house from top to bottom in a way that would stress me out.  :P
One more thing is that she is perimenopausal, and her lining was rather thick- although it has thinned out some. 
That is about all I can think of! 
Thank you for praying for her. 

On another line, I just listened to your ABC tape yesterday for the first time and I assume it is Joe Courage narrating inbetween.  He made me laugh and his little comments at the end were TOO cute.
Danna :)

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 07:33:26 AM »
Another thread made me think of something else...

Has your mom been checked for urinary/kidney tract infection? This produces bacteria in the urine, sharp pains in the stomach, and sudden weakness. It's seems like she'd be runing a temp as well... but???

Offline mishy

• Master
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 06:34:57 PM »
I don't know if the tests tested for kidney or uti (last person I asked said that the only test for uti is a urine test, so I guess "yes?")
 That is interesting about the sudden weakness.  Hm.  She was just leaving for a ski trip when she asked me if she should take the antibiodics that the dr immediately prescribed upon the high bacteria test result.  I don't know if she took them or not, but this probably is all linked together somehow!!   ???
However, an update:  :)  I have been emailing her about all these chats and she read up on Candida when she was at a health food store.  Then I told her about the acidolpholus and when she went to the health food store they were on sale (we are always excited when God gives us good sales!)  So she bought a bunch and has been taking them and she says she can feel a difference already, so maybe your first thought of Candida was right!!  I hope so as that would be an easy diagnosis.  Now she is trying to talk my dad into doing the diet with her. :) 
What about fasts?  Would the lemonade fast clean you up on this?  I am little confused though because you need some of the candida in you, right?  But I was reading in the threads about "killing it all off" so I am little confused.  I am wondering if I might have the candida too as I am so sleepy lately and haven't been sleeping well at night (insomnia was in the list I read).  I am still waiting for the supermom to come in (mail has been slow to here lately >:( ) and will see if that will help with the energy.  I started eating yoghurt again to get some of the acidolpholus. 
I would love to do the master cleanse as well, but have to wait till I am done nursing. 
Thanks for your help! 
Danna

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 05:05:49 PM »
The Master Cleanse/Lemonade Diet includes maple syrup in the lemonade. So, it would be better for her to wait until she has killed the yeast, and re-started her system with healthy bacteria before doing anything with sugar(s).

Yes, you do need healthy bacteria in your stomach - but not the Candida Albicans. It is necessary to kill the Candida AND to repopulate your GI tract with GOOD bacteria at the same time. Tummy Tune-UP is the superstar probiotic because it is enteric coated (meaning it can get the good bacteria past your stomach enzymes and safely down into your GI tract without being destroyed. However, any acidophilus is good for her to be taking.

As for you, while nursing, I recommend taking Tummy Tune-Up or some other probiotic. It will be good for your baby, and will combat the yeast (if you have it.)

Good luck and God bless!