Author Topic: Coconut Alfredo Sauce Recipe  (Read 140684 times)

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
Coconut Alfredo Sauce Recipe
« on: March 08, 2007, 07:27:58 AM »
You gotta try this recipe!  ;D 

Coconut Alfredo Sauce (adapted from "Coconut Oil for Health and Beauty")
(makes enough for 1lb. of noodles)

2 - 3 Tbsp. freshed minced garlic
1-2 tsp. black pepper (amount depends on taste preference)
4 tsp. rosemary
4 Tbsp. coconut oil
Two 14- to 15- ounce cans coconut milk
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
2-3 tsp. salt
2 tsp. onion powder (optional)

In a saucepan, saute garlic, rosemary, and pepper in the coconut oil until garlic starts to turn brown.  In a separate bowl mix coconut milk and cornstarch until well mixed.  Add coconut milk mixture to saucepan with oil and cook on medium-low heat stirring frequently.  When it starts to simmer add lemon juice, salt, and onion powder.  Cook until sauce is thick enough to coat the spoon.  Pour over pasta.

This worked great for us b/c our kids can't have dairy.  I made chicken and broccoli alfredo with noodles and it was soooo yummy!!  And super healthy too!  ;D ;D ;)

abbilynn
Wife for 11 years, Mommy to 3 rambunctious boys!!  :)  Lover of Jesus, my hubby, my kids, and learning!
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://glutenfreegoose.blogspot.com/

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
Re: Coconut Oil: How, When, Where & Why to Use
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 10:39:20 AM »
abbilyn,

That recipe sounds yummy!!  Is the 4 tsp of Rosemary fresh or dried?

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 11:02:52 AM »
abbilyn,

That recipe sounds yummy!!  Is the 4 tsp of Rosemary fresh or dried?

Hmmm, not sure.  It didn't specify.  Maybe it doesn't matter?  Or maybe if fresh is stronger you could cut back on it?  Actually, I didn't use it at all b/c I didn't have any and it was still great!  :D  I didn't use the onion powder either, but thought about adding fresh chopped onion to the oil and garlic saute.  Yum!  ;D

abbilynn
Wife for 11 years, Mommy to 3 rambunctious boys!!  :)  Lover of Jesus, my hubby, my kids, and learning!

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 11:13:54 AM »

4 tsp. rosemary
4 Tbsp. coconut oil
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
2-3 tsp. salt

In a saucepan, saute garlic, rosemary, and pepper in the coconut oil until garlic starts to turn brown.  In a separate bowl mix coconut milk and cornstarch until well mixed.  Add coconut milk mixture to saucepan with oil and cook on medium-low heat stirring frequently.  When it starts to simmer add lemon juice, salt, and onion powder.  Cook until sauce is thick enough to coat the spoon.  Pour over pasta.

This worked great for us b/c our kids can't have dairy.  I made chicken and broccoli alfredo with noodles and it was soooo yummy!!  And super healthy too!  ;D ;D ;)

abbilynn

Thank you, Abbilynn. A creamy pasta sauce my kids can eat, they will enjoy this.  They have dairy allergies also & would love creamy sauces but usally can't have them. I'm thinking that the basic recipe could be adapted to make a creamy garlic sauce for pizza. Top it with pineapple, chicken, gr. pepper, yum. Going to have to play with it, I can see a lot of possibilities. Thanks again. Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 01:16:31 PM »

4 tsp. rosemary
4 Tbsp. coconut oil
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
2-3 tsp. salt

abbilynn

Bump  ;)  Just in case anyone else is interested.  ;D