Author Topic: Belly/Tummy Ache Treatments?  (Read 2890 times)

Offline Lauralee

• Adept
Belly/Tummy Ache Treatments?
« on: March 31, 2007, 01:14:35 AM »
My 4 yo dd started complaining that her stomach hurts on and off all day yesterday. This morning she mentioned it again. Her bowel movements are normal. She is playing normally. Is there anything I can do to help her? Also, is there a good book on using herbs, especially with children. I have ABC Herbal but they call for enemas. that's something I would rather not do.  Thanks.

Offline savedbygrace

• Adept
Re: Belly/Tummy Ache Treatments?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 03:21:51 AM »
Pro-biotics. I was just reading up about this issue too! My daughter is vomiting and I will have to do the enema, :o but as long as your daughter is not throwing up you could just sprinkle it on her food. Sometimes I just open the capsule and sprinkle it into their mouths! It tastes alright so they don't mind.

Also, I dont know if this is an issue or not, but I have a friend who puts her kids on the toilet whenever they complain about a belly ache. She says if they really are hurting, it is likely that they will need to poo or puke. If they are faking, then sitting on the potty isnt getting the attention they were seeking so they are "better" in no time ::)

My momma use to give me ginger ale or sprite, not WTM approved I am sure!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 03:25:36 AM by savedbygrace »

Nickole

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 03:30:03 AM »
Catnip/fennel tea works every time here.  I have used it so many times.  It works almost instantly.  I have used it for nausea and cramps.  It is really unbelievable.  Sometimes I add peppermint too (great for gas).  I think last time I did all three (catnip/fennel/peppermint) just to cover all bases.  Just catnip and peppermint will do too.  OR if you have only catnip, or only peppermint, try that.  As a tea.  I hope this helps!   

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 04:35:40 AM »
When we get tummy aches around here, we use Tummy Tea, Ginger Tea or Tummy Tuneup.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline babymakers

• Adept
    • Babeemakers
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 05:32:01 AM »
I make sage tea for my children. IT IS WONDERFUL FOR BELLY ACHES!!!!! I keep some growing outside in my herb garden and anytime someone says my belly hurts I send them out to either eat the leaves or bring some in to make tea. It has NEVER let us down. WE LOVE SAGE FOR THAT!
Visit my-

eBay Store, and <a href="http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/babymakers/ ">blog[/url].

Nickole

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 08:04:09 AM »
I make sage tea for my children. IT IS WONDERFUL FOR BELLY ACHES!!!!! I keep some growing outside in my herb garden and anytime someone says my belly hurts I send them out to either eat the leaves or bring some in to make tea. It has NEVER let us down. WE LOVE SAGE FOR THAT!

Wow - I JUST got a sage plant for my garden and was thinking, "now what am I gonna do with this?"  Besides use it in cooking.  I know we'll have an opportunity to try out your recommendation!

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 12:35:11 PM »
I hope this is the right place to put this. I'm 6 months pregnant and on day 5 of diarrhea and horrible gas (it's getting really embarrassing  :-[). I'm having a hard time eating because everything upsets my stomach-even bland things like baked potatoes. I have been drinking chamomile tea, spearmint tea, peppermint tea. I've been drinking tons of water, I upped my probiotics, I don't do dairy, I take a digestive enzyme, what else can I be doing? I'm getting desperate for relief!