Author Topic: I'm Ready to Cleanse: Where Do I Start?  (Read 28500 times)

Offline busymomma

• Adept
  • As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
Re: I'm Ready to Cleanse: Where Do I Start?
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2006, 05:32:32 PM »
Has anyone used these products before?  4Total Cleanse
http://www.genesistoday.com/genesis_today_products/4_total_cleanse.html

I got an article from the local health food store about it.  DH wants to try it.  I told him about the Master Cleanse but he thinks this might be easier for him.  I'm BFing so can't do any of it.

Thanks!!
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Offline SarahK

• Master
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2006, 03:48:53 AM »
So, I just want to understand if I am correct here...

The first thing to do is the Yeast Assassin and all the Tummy Tune Ups?  While doing that those will get rid of parasites?  And, does one eat during this process?  What would be the likely side effects of this process?  How long does this process take and what comes next?  Also, what results would I likely see from this process alone?  I know these questions have probably been asked and answered but I am just not completely clear.  Thank you, in advance for repeating yourself. 

bump
I have learned enough to know I still have lots to learn.  Teach me.
My WTM Intro updated 9/2010

Offline flowerchild

• Learning
    • The Dandelion Path
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2007, 05:27:34 AM »
Hi,
  Here's the deal. About a month ago I did the Anti-yeast pack from Beeyoutiful.com. I didn't realize at first that I needed to lay off on the breads & sugars. So, I eliminated all breads, starches & sugars. After a couple days I felt really weak and faint so I started adding back breads & fruits. Anyway, I guess I must have a lot of yeast to get rid of because I seemed to be detoxing pretty hard. So, I'm thinking of trying a yeast cleanse again and sticking with a strict regimen of meat & veggies. But now I'm wondering how my mercury fillings fit into all this. I have over 10 fillings that I think are getting old. At this point we can't afford for me to have them taken out (I'm not sure what to replace them with even if we could). Is doing a yeast cleanse really going to help anything if I have mercury fillings? Is it going to make the mercury problem worse?
   I'm pretty low today because I just found out last night that I'm not pregnant. I've been wanting another baby so badly! It hurts so much to go through this again. Anyway, I figured I'd do a detox as a way to give me a distraction or a way to prepare for another baby if that ever happens. But I'm so confused as to what to do. Any help would be much appreciated.

~Laura
www.dandelionpath.com - Blog about health, green living, parenting and living life well.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2007, 06:47:55 AM »
Is it going to make the mercury problem worse?
This thread may have some answers for you.

Mercury/Amalgam Fillings
Generation Rescue
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline oneblessedwoman

• Adept
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2007, 01:21:23 PM »
So, I just want to understand if I am correct here...

The first thing to do is the Yeast Assassin and all the Tummy Tune Ups?  While doing that those will get rid of parasites?  And, does one eat during this process?  What would be the likely side effects of this process?  How long does this process take and what comes next?  Also, what results would I likely see from this process alone?  I know these questions have probably been asked and answered but I am just not completely clear.  Thank you, in advance for repeating yourself. 

I am curious about this as well.  I have heard about doing a cleanse for parasites using three different herbs.  Should I do that first or should I do a yeast cleanse first?  I would love any information on any of these questions.

Offline oneblessedwoman

• Adept
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2007, 01:26:50 PM »
Also I haven't been able to find a clear answer on if you need to drop all yeast and sugar from your diet in order for this to work.  I have to say I just learned how to make my own whole wheat bread and I love it.  I will miss it if I need to give it up.   :'(  But I think I can do any diet for a little while if it will clean out my system.

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2007, 06:06:00 AM »
Also I haven't been able to find a clear answer on if you need to drop all yeast and sugar from your diet in order for this to work.  I have to say I just learned how to make my own whole wheat bread and I love it.  I will miss it if I need to give it up.   :'(  But I think I can do any diet for a little while if it will clean out my system.

if you do yeast assassin, it has the herbs in it for parasite cleanse as well as killing yeast.  gotta like that!    ;) 
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2007, 06:18:11 AM »

The first thing to do is the Yeast Assassin and all the Tummy Tune Ups?  While doing that those will get rid of parasites?...How long does this process take and what comes next?

I Think I Have Candida and/or Leaky Gut:  What Now?

And, does one eat during this process?

Foods to Eat While Taking Yeast Assassin [or Other Antifungals]

What would be the likely side effects of this process?

Die-Off from Candida/Yeast: Causes, Effects, Risks & Reduction

Also, what results would I likely see from this process alone?

My Body is Healing Because....

« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 06:21:51 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline thatgirl

• Learning
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2007, 08:13:19 AM »
My 7 month old son just weaned himself after having only partially breast fed due to a low milk supply. We have been eating NT style for a while now, but have had a terrible diet in the past. I want to kick any candida or anything else. My DH and I both want to do a major detox b4 I get pregnant again. Actually he wants me to try it and then if it's ok he will. (Since he's at work and doesn't want to have any unfortunate bathroom side effects :o).  What do you suggest?

Maybe I should mention that I am still trying to lose baby weight (25 lbs). Plus I could stand to lose about 10-15 more after that.

Thanks,
tg

Offline thatgirl

• Learning
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2007, 08:17:26 AM »
I should also say that I have read through all of the detox threads and am looking for specific advice, so please don't move this hb ;).

tg

Offline Mom2four

• Adept
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2007, 08:24:54 AM »
I feel the same way.  I just posted this on the natural deoderant thread, but I asked my naturopath today to recommend a cleanse to me for myself and my teen daughter.  She told me she recommended to start with the "Master Cleanse."  She said to put the juice of 3 lemons, a pinch of cayanne pepper, and pure, organic maple syrup to taste in 8 - 10 oz of water and drink this 4-5 times a day.  It is specifically a liver detox, which she felt was the place to start.  She said many people fast while doing it, but if you want to eat you could do brown rice and veggies and do it for 7 days.

I am doing the water cure right now which is pretty simply put - drink 1/2 your body weight (in ounces) of water.  Example - I weigh 125 lbs, so I have been drinking 64 ounces of water per day.  After just three days, I can tell I am more alert, eating less, not craving sugar as much, and definitely flushing out my kidneys.  I have also got two compliments today about my skin looking "brighter."  I have not idea where that came from, but I haven't done anything else differently.  :)

I think I will try the master cleanse next week.

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2007, 08:27:38 AM »
I feel the same way.  I just posted this on the natural deoderant thread, but I asked my naturopath today to recommend a cleanse to me for myself and my teen daughter.  She told me she recommended to start with the "Master Cleanse."  She said to put the juice of 3 lemons, a pinch of cayanne pepper, and pure, organic maple syrup to taste in 8 - 10 oz of water and drink this 4-5 times a day.  It is specifically a liver detox, which she felt was the place to start.  She said many people fast while doing it, but if you want to eat you could do brown rice and veggies and do it for 7 days.

I am doing the water cure right now which is pretty simply put - drink 1/2 your body weight (in ounces) of water.  Example - I weigh 125 lbs, so I have been drinking 64 ounces of water per day.  After just three days, I can tell I am more alert, eating less, not craving sugar as much, and definitely flushing out my kidneys.  I have also got two compliments today about my skin looking "brighter."  I have not idea where that came from, but I haven't done anything else differently.  :)

I think I will try the master cleanse next week.

Here's a thread on it:

The Master Cleanse

HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline thatgirl

• Learning
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2007, 08:41:43 AM »
Wow, if I drank half of my body weight in water I would be drinking 117 oz. a day. That's about 14 glasses. Hmmm. The master cleanse sounds doable and so does the water cleanse. Anyone else?

tg

Offline jett leann

• Adept
  • www.janettesjava.com
    • janettesjava.com
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2007, 03:38:12 PM »
Has anyone used these products before?  4Total Cleanse
http://www.genesistoday.com/genesis_today_products/4_total_cleanse.html

Just wondering if you (or anyone else) has tried this yet????
Jett Leann

Offline pecharka5

• Adept
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2007, 01:53:06 PM »
hey what am I doing wrong.  All the links that you put in the threads wont open?  HELP.... ??? :P

Offline pecharka5

• Adept
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2007, 01:55:18 PM »
i see bump alot?  what is this?  sorry, must be ingo I do not understand?? ???

YoopreMama

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2007, 04:01:59 PM »
i see bump alot?  what is this?  sorry, must be ingo I do not understand?? ???
It means that you want to keep that thread on the home page of WTM as a "Recent Topic".  People will see it and hopefully answer your question.   ;)

Offline The Spaminator

• Global Moderator
  • Learning
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2007, 04:52:58 PM »
hey what am I doing wrong.  All the links that you put in the threads wont open?  HELP.... ??? :P

Which links are you talking about?  Let me or HB know and we will check them out.

Offline purewellspring

• Adept
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2007, 10:05:51 AM »
Anyone ever heard of the cleanse book, "Cellular Cleansing Made Easy" by Scott Ohlgren? Wondering if anyone's got any experience with/opinions about his work. He's a reviewer of an edition of Weston Price's book, so I'm interested in checking him out....it's Christmas list time, so I'm searching Amazon.  ::)

If this question's in the wrong spot, I'm sorry! This seemed like the best place to put it.

Offline K.Sarah

• Adept
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2008, 08:54:00 AM »
Anyone heard of this cleanse? www.dualactioncleansenow.com/e-success.aspx

My DH is suddenly interested in this and happened to see it on an infomercial.  It looks OK to me, but just curious before he decides to try it.  I think the fact that it's not very complicated to remember would be good for a first try in this are.
Happily married to my kind of guy, mama to 4 great  kiddos here and one little beauty with our Father.

Offline fairwinds

• Learning
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2008, 12:17:27 PM »
Anyone heard of this cleanse? www.dualactioncleansenow.com/e-success.aspx

My DH is suddenly interested in this and happened to see it on an infomercial.  It looks OK to me, but just curious before he decides to try it.  I think the fact that it's not very complicated to remember would be good for a first try in this are.
Interesting...I like the price too, but what if you don't want them to keep sending you new shipments every two months?  Do you have to accept and pay for them? Is there some contract that binds you for so many months?  I guess I could call the customer service to find out.

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2008, 12:19:19 PM »
the Garden of Life Perfect Cleanse is only $17.44 for 10 days.  you only have to use it in the evening.

http://www.vitacost.com/Garden-of-Life-Perfect-Cleanse
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline K.Sarah

• Adept
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2008, 03:40:55 AM »
As far as the DualCleanse site, I think you can cancel at any time, but I like the look of the Garden of Life -- I think I'll have him look at that.  Thanks!
Happily married to my kind of guy, mama to 4 great  kiddos here and one little beauty with our Father.

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2008, 07:06:37 AM »
the Garden of Life Perfect Cleanse is only $17.44 for 10 days.  you only have to use it in the evening.

http://www.vitacost.com/Garden-of-Life-Perfect-Cleanse

we just got two of these for hubby and i to do together.  i will post our experience.  hope to start soon. 

Offline tnmom

• Learning
« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2008, 12:27:57 PM »
Does anyone know of a cleanse that doesn't stimulate the bowels?  Is there even such a thing?  I am recovering from being severely sick with IBS and other digestive issues and would like to get pregnant and thinking a cleanse is a good thing, but am still scared of setting off my IBS symptoms again.  I've only recently enjoyed the freedom to not have to worry about keeping a bathroom within a few seconds run at all times.  ANy thoughts appreciated.   

Offline morningglory

• Adept
« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2008, 01:01:31 PM »
Does anyone know of a cleanse that doesn't stimulate the bowels?  Is there even such a thing?  I am recovering from being severely sick with IBS and other digestive issues and would like to get pregnant and thinking a cleanse is a good thing, but am still scared of setting off my IBS symptoms again.  I've only recently enjoyed the freedom to not have to worry about keeping a bathroom within a few seconds run at all times.  ANy thoughts appreciated.   

What about cleansing with kefir?  Some of the ladies on here found it to be constipating, which could be just what you're looking for! ;)  Kefir is also healing to the bowels and fights candida overgrowth.

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2008, 01:20:04 PM »
You might also want to consider the water cure if you are not doing it already...
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,369.0.html

Offline tnmom

• Learning
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2008, 05:49:34 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions.  I have just started working on the water cure and I am taking spirulina.  I haven't tried kefir.  I am allergic to milk, but I can eat yogurt.  Do you know if kefir is fermented enough to break down the proteins in the milk like yogurt is?  Thanks again.

Offline khix

• Master
  • Forever changed, forever Yours!
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2008, 02:55:23 AM »
Is it possible to cleanse your body/colon/GI tract/etc without having to buy expensive pills or supplements?  If so, how?  Would a simple fast, or water-only fast, or juice-only fast, do the trick?  If so, for how long?  Is cleansing basically the same thing as fasting? 
Save $5 on your first order at www.iHerb.com!  Use referral code HIC104.

www.campaignforliberty.com

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2008, 03:19:13 AM »
Is it possible to cleanse your body/colon/GI tract/etc without having to buy expensive pills or supplements?  If so, how?  Would a simple fast, or water-only fast, or juice-only fast, do the trick?  If so, for how long?  Is cleansing basically the same thing as fasting? 
IMO fasting is a form of cleansing...  There are several ways to cleanse, and they don't all require spending money...
Sometimes just lightening up your diet and eating mainly fruits and veggies can give your body a chance to rid itself of build-up and toxins.
If you are able, you could do juices for the first 2 meals with a veggie broth or potassium broth for the evening. 
You could do water only, but I personally advise this kind of fast for more of spiritual reasons not health reasons. 
My favorite cleanses for this time of year involve juicing seasonal fruits with a light salad or broth for dinner.  I do take herbs and fiber at this time and drink herb teas to assist in cleansing.... Smooth Move tea is good...
I generally cleanse for 3-14 days... depending upon what I feel my body needs at this time.
You might also consider the Master cleanse at this time, too... it is a good spring-time cleanse.
IMO it really depends upon how congested you feel your body is as to how extreme and how long you feel you need to do this.