Author Topic: I'm Ready to Cleanse: Where Do I Start?  (Read 28015 times)

Offline cowboyswife

• Learning
I'm Ready to Cleanse: Where Do I Start?
« on: May 21, 2006, 04:55:39 AM »
After reading about the liver flushes and the Master Cleanse. I am convinced that I need a serious cleanse. I've been overweight for years, am working on losing, but have cravings for sweets alot. I have had alot of trouble with yeast infections, esp. during pregnancies. I have also had some gallbladder pain.

Should I start with the Yeast assasin, and Spirlina for several weeks before I do my first liver flush? I figure I will have to do quite a few to really get cleaned out.

Offline dara

• Master
Re: I'm Ready to Cleanse: Where Do I Start?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 07:06:06 AM »
After reading about the liver flushes and the Master Cleanse. I am convinced that I need a serious cleanse. I've been overweight for years, am working on losing, but have cravings for sweets alot. I have had alot of trouble with yeast infections, esp. during pregnancies. I have also had some gallbladder pain.

Should I start with the Yeast assasin, and Spirlina for several weeks before I do my first liver flush? I figure I will have to do quite a few to really get cleaned out.

There are so many options as to how you can start! When I am done nursing in a few months, I am going to begin by:  taking probiotics, doing the Water Cure (with the addition of fresh squeezed lemon in a couple glasses a day) for a few weeks (I might begin that sooner, if we get a water purifier before then...), taking one day off a week to do a 24 hour juice fast. Then I'm going to do a 2-3 day juice fast, then a liver/gallbladder flush or two, then the Master Cleanse, all over about 6 months... that is the plan, anyway. My husband wants to do it with me. Then I'll just make a habit of lemon water every morning, green tea, and a once a week 24 hour fast. We'll see if it works out when I get there, but that's the plan for myself. Oh, I don't think I'm going to do the Yeast Assasin, but if I do, I'll do it first.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 12:13:46 PM by healthybratt »
"Write your hurts in the sand
and grave your blessings in stone."

Offline bendeleboysmama

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 05:03:29 AM »
Ok, This is my first time, EVER in a chat forum, whatever ya call it.  Anyways, I have enjoyed reading all your posts and now have some questions as to the Master Cleanse.  There are so many different ways everybody did it, but I want to find the way for it to work for me.  So some background about myself, I am a homeschool graduate, I have been married for 4 years to a wonderful man (3 of these years were spent with him in the Air Force), and have 2 little boys.  I love my life.  I have a wonderful life, I am just not happy with my health.  I have felt good on and off for the past 7 years, but I want to feel great like I did BEFORE those 7 years.  I have been tested, and have low progesterone(PCOS) low thyroid, hypoglycemia, yeast,  and above all I am about 60 pounds overweight.  NOT FUN.  The 60 pounds overweight have all come after my second child.  ok, back up, I guess not, I did gain 30 with my first, lost 20, gained another 30 with my second and then the other 20 just have been steadily coming.  I am almost 200 pounds and am NOT happy.  My husband is very supportive, but really we both don't know what to do, I have been on a homeopathic schedule of vitamins and drops for the past 7 years, this has added a huge sum of money.  I recently quit everything I was taking from him.  I'm not saying they were good or bad, I'm just saying that I got sick of putting out the 100 dollars needed every month for these supplements. I have been on a fairly healthy diet for the past 5 years, whole wheat everything, fruits, veggies, homemade everything, non hormone beef(we grow our own on our parents land) so I feel on the up and up about that, also I reletively low sugar because it takes me up and then crashes my blood sugar down.  Tremendous cravings after I eat sugar, I have to detox after just a couple of cheats... I ordered Supermom tabs and have yet to take more than 4.  They help me feel good, but I feel like I should cleanse my body from the other I have taken, in an effort to "start over"  if that is even possible.  My immune system has been compromised as I had Epstein Barr Virus about 5 years ago.  I have felt no major complications, only for the fact that if I am around some sick person, I WILL get sick, no matter how much I wish it away...hee-hee....SO...here is my question, I have read about all your cleanses and want to "join the ranks" so to speak.  You all are an inspiration, and have added so much JOY to my life, knowing that I am not the only "uncleansed" hee-hee...person out there....I feel sluggish and like all you all describe.  SO....if you can please help me out.  This is what I was thinking.....Tell me if this will work....

1 month of the water cure-to start the flush
Also starting with Yeast Assasin and my supermom tabs

Next month start the Master Cleanse with the Liver/ Gallbladder cleanse before and after. 

Does this sound like it will be beneficial?  Also, did you all eat anything during your cleanses?  I read the Bekah drank v-8, and thought that would probably be good for me too, but I just wanted to know everything before I started.  I WANT TO BE INFORMED!!!! hee-hee...SO, if any of you have any posts for me, I sure would appreciate it...
Taking responsiblity for my health....~mandi~

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 09:28:18 AM »
I would add some probiotics to the mix, otherwise it sounds like you're on the right track.  If you have yeast and it sounds very likely that you do, you'll need these to repopulate the gut to give you residual effects after the cleansing.  You also need to make sure you are getting enough omega 3 fats in your diet whenever you are not fasting.  These will help to heal the gut, increase your metabolism and boost your immune system.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline bendeleboysmama

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 09:32:44 AM »
So, you would take the probiotics while you are on the cleanse?  What exactly, like the tummy tune-up on beeyoutiful, I was just looking at it.  Thank-you for responding, I am a little nervous to do this, I have never done one before and just the thought that I won't be eating scares me.  Also, what omega 3's?  Is evening primrose a omega 3?  Flax seed oil?  oh yeah, did I mention I have really weird cycles since I had my second baby?  My "monthly's" are like every 2 months.  The natural doctor said this was because I was low Progesterone...Know anything about this?  I appreciate you help. 

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 10:15:17 AM »
So, you would take the probiotics while you are on the cleanse?
You should take the probiotics any time you are not fasting for no less than 4 months up to a year depending on your current health.

What exactly, like the tummy tune-up on beeyoutiful, I was just looking at it.
Tummy Tune-up is a good choice.  CLICK HERE for more info on which one.  You can also get quality probiotics at GNC and you can supplement naturally eating kefir, yogurt, sauerkraut, kimchee, kombucha and other naturally fermented foods.

Also, what omega 3's?
Cod Liver Oil is the one I personally recommend the most based on my research.  Natural sources of omega 3's include: (FlaxSeed, Walnuts, Fish Oil, Salmon, Scallops, Halibut, Shrimp, Snapper, Tofu (fermented), Squash, Herring, Mackerel, Anchovies, Sardines, Tuna, Chia, Perilla, Purslane, Lingonberry, Hemp, Eggs, Krill,
Meat (grass fed meats are higher than grain fed or processed meats), Lamb (most sheep are grass fed - highest meat source of omega 3s), dairy (grass fed dairy is higher than grain fed or store bought), MicroAlgae(Crypthecodinium cohnii and Schizochytrium), Brown Algae, and
Acai(Palm Fruit)).

Is evening primrose a omega 3?
No, EPO is an omega 6 and most people don't need this omega in supplements as their diets are too high in omega 6s already.  EPO is good for some female/hormonal issues, but not a much needed source of fat.

Flax seed oil?
Yes, but whole, crushed flax seed is a much richer source than the pressed oil and it's very good sprinkled on salads, on peanut butter and other things that might be good with crunchies or sunflower seeds.

oh yeah, did I mention I have really weird cycles since I had my second baby?
Depending on your problem EPO and/or Red Raspberry Leaf tea may help to regulate your cycles.

My "monthly's" are like every 2 months.  The natural doctor said this was because I was low Progesterone...Know anything about this?  
CLICK HERE for more info on progesterone.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 08:36:23 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline bendeleboysmama

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 12:47:18 PM »
I am really in awe of your knowledge.  You really are a "healthybratt"!  WOW!  I have read ALOT of your posts and you are very respected in your wisdom.  Thank-you for all your help.  I will start Monday on the Water Cure(have to go to the nutrition center to get the salt) And I will order the probiotics and yeast assassin.  I am excited to do this.  I really want good health and I am praying that this is what I need to do.  Oh well, if nothing changes, at least I'll be clean as a whistle!  hee-hee... ;)  Thanks for your help....It's fun to do this, nice to meet you healthybratt.  Will probably talk to you more in the future...

Offline jm3collum

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 12:10:29 PM »
I know this has probably been answered and I am usually good at finding information but there is sooo much information on this website I am extremely overwhelmed!!!  I KNOW I am very toxic - I can just feel it.  Where should I begin?  Parasite, colon, liver, AHHHH!  Can I do any at the same time.  I feel like I need to do something NOW but at the rate I am going (I have been on here for about 4 hours total today reading) I am never going to get there.  Like I said, I know it's probably been answered.  Perhaps someone could oh so gently direct me there or give me somewhere I can actually start.  I am going to do the water cleanse for sure (don't know how long I should though) but what else?

Thanks much.
Michelle

At least I have laughed my bootie off reading all the posts!!
Michelle

Offline Simply Kristen

• My weekly podcast that explores all aspects of healthy living.
  • Master
    • SimplyKristen Blog
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 02:39:02 PM »
We need to have a beginners thread!

I have noticed a lot of these lately.  What about like...Are you new? Want to cleanse? here are the sites:
this is what people have recommended: 1. water cure 2. liver flush... etc.

I don't have all the good info though.... HB what do you think?

Put it at the top of the cleanse section.  I know I feel overwhelmed and would like some clearer direction of where to start reading/researching about cleanses.

Just an idea :)

Offline jm3collum

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 03:25:25 PM »
Hello.....I didn't even think to put it in the cleanse section.  DUH!  (I really had been reading waaay to long)  I don't know how to "move" it over there or if that is even possible.  Should I just repost it?  I don't want it to be on here twice. 
Michelle

Michelle

Offline Simply Kristen

• Master
    • SimplyKristen Blog
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 04:29:08 PM »
Sorry! I used welltellme lingo.

That post was meant more for the moderators.  HB=HealthyBratt (you'll get to know her).  The moderators or someone with more info can start a beginner cleasning thread.  I know I get lost in the Master Cleanse/Water Cure/ etc forums without having a solid foundation about cleansing. 

I also feel like a beginner when it comes to cleanses.  I have been noticing a lot of "where do I start questions?" about cleanses.  I was just thinking we can have a Beginner cleansing threat that points us in the right direction and gives us an EASY outline to follow... to start learning about cleansing.

I put examples in the above thread.

I know just how you feel Michelle!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 04:07:51 AM »
I know I answered this yesterday.  Something happened.  Not sure what.

When you say toxic, what do you mean?  What are your symptoms?  Do you have yeast?  Do you have symptoms of LGS?  Are you pregnant or nursing?  What are you trying to accomplish with your cleanse?  If you answer these questions, I might be better prepared to lead you in the right direction.

~hb
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline jm3collum

• Adept
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 05:14:02 AM »
Thanks for moving my post to the correct place.   

No I am not pregant or nursing.

My symptoms would include extreme tiredness and irritability (resulting in depression), pain in hands and feet (arthritis or tendonitis type pain), frequent headaches - I never used to get them, joint stiffness, bloating around my middle,  internal pains - sometimes just sharp little pains on my left side and also under the right side of my ribs seems sore quite a bit.  Those are the ones I can recall at the moment.  I've read symptom for both LGS and Yeast but how do you really know.  I made the statement that I know I'm toxic because my diet has been horrible since my second child was born (4 years ago).  When I cook, it's pretty good - chicken, rice, vegetables, fish - although it's just regular grocery store foods and vegetables.  But we have had way more fast food in the past 2 years than normal.  I also had my gall bladder removed last year and it was so full of sandy stones that first of all the reason I went to the doctor was because I could feel it when my daughter layed on me and second, the doctor had a hard time grabbing hold of it to get it out.  Reading alot of the posts, I figure that because of that, I probably am loaded with stones in my liver as well???

My daughter (9 years) has had pinworms three times (not for 2 years) and is constantly scratching.  I've checked her at night like I did before but didn't see anything, however, I still think maybe it's parasites so I figure we all have them (especially with our diet and playing outside alot)

I have seen some of the other posts on how to get started with diet but I'm just confused on the cleansing.  I really want to feel better, I just feel like my body is dying and it's scary.  My daughters dad (my ex-husband) passed away from liver cancer last year and the thought of going through what he did keeps me up at night.

So, from what I read, it seemed like there was a certain order to go through because without doing one cleanse, maybe another wouldn't be effective.  My overall understanding was do a parasite first, then kidney before you could get to the liver (I have fatty liver which is why I am focused there).  But I just want to be sure.  Or does master cleanse do it all and can you just start with that?  I was also looking at the coffee enema??  Can you do too much??

I know it's a lot to ask and believe me, I have been reading night and day for days - I'm just overwhelmed and need a little direction specific to me I guess. So if anyone has time I appreciate it.

Thanks for any advice!  You all seem so wonderful!
Michelle
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 05:16:21 AM by jm3collum »
Michelle

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 05:45:36 AM »
Okay.  I'll do my best here.  Ladies and gents feel free to jump in if I miss something.

1)  I would start with Yeast Assassin.  You can get this from Beeyoutiful.com.  There may be another product you can get/use but I'm only aware that this product will kill both parasites and yeast and it sounds like you have both in the family.

2)  I would also get a really good probiotic for you and the kids if they've every taken any antibiotics.  (I'm assuming there have been some antibiotics in the mix, but I forgot to ask).
Beeyoutiful.com also offers 3 varieties of a wonderful probiotic called Tummy Tune-up (referred to as TT6, TT8 & TT12 in the following quote).

Quote from: SteveTallent
TT12 and/or TT8 would be my choice for repopulating the gut. TT6 (soon to be TT3) is cheap (at one per day a $19 bottle is a 4 month supply) and I would also supplement with it as it inhibits the reproduction of yeast. So, one capsule of TT3 per day (per Yeast Syndrome) and one TT8 per day for say, three months. If he is having problems digesting his meals, then one TT8 with meals, either as capsule, in drink or sprinkled on food. TT8 doesn't have as many strains as TT12, but it is more powerful. If you're concerned that perhaps that is too much, then consider TT2 with one meal, TT8 with another, and perhaps one or the other with another meal. After the 3 months, consider switching from TT8 to TT12 to continue repopulation with more strains. Probably will have to increase dosage to 2-3 capsules per day. Since it is cheap I would continue the use of the TT3 also as it will keep the yeast at bay allowing the TT12 to get established more quickly....

I know that it seems a very long time to be buying supplements and stuffing them down your poor child. But imagine a forest fire sweeps across the land near your home. The first thing to come back are the really hardy weeds. A few trees start up but they are almost choked out and they look pretty puny. Trying to nurture that land back to health will take quite a while. Well, antibiotics are like a forest fire in the gut, consuming friend and foe without distinction. Yeast is the weed that you just can't kill and seems to grow up everywhere. It's going to take time, but you will see results almost immediately, especially with TT8. The reason is not that you are now "healed", but that while the probiotics are in the system they'll do their good work, but they may not, and most will not, take hold. They'll pass out and then you'll lose the benefit of them. So, if you start seeing progress, rejoice, but keep going...

The statements in this post are my own personal opinion and are not to be taken as policies or recommendations of Beeyoutiful.com.

3)  Diet...Stop eating fast food whenever possible.  Read this thread to help you get started on improving your already existing diet at home.

http://welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,1113.0.html

This thread was written to try to help control yeast issues without supplements, but it follows the same diet guidelines you should follow while taking supplements as well.

4)  Read the Leaky Gut Syndrome thread for more information on healing the gut.  Personally, I take Glutamine and Cod Liver Oil for just this purpose.

5)  After you've been on the Yeast Assassin for 2-4 weeks, you should be save to cleanse your liver, but you can wait longer if you need to.  I'm sure after 4 weeks of the above mentioned changes will be a great improvement.

6)  SuperMom come highly recommended by many of our members.  I take SuperDad because I personally cannot handle the extra iron in SuperMom, but this would make a great addition to your regimin from the very beginning as it contains a few liver detoxifiers and lots of healthy vits and minerals that your body is probably lacking from the Leaky Gut.

7)  Many have had good success with the water cure which can be done in tandem with all these other things.  I've not done this, nor can I give you any real recommendations on it, but you can read this thread for more info.  http://welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,369.0.html

8)  As far as the Master Cleanse goes, it comes very highly recommended, but personally, I'd wait on this one until you get the parasites and a good portion of your yeast problems in order. 

Let me know if you have any more questions.  I'm glad to help.

~hb
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 05:47:40 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline lovinmy4

• Adept
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 07:01:55 AM »
HB, thanks so much for this list! I was one of the others asking for help on where to get started. Here's another question; where does a colon cleanse fit into all of this? Or does Yeast Assasin take care of that as well?

Offline jm3collum

• Adept
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006, 07:20:21 AM »
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

I already feel a sense of relief just knowing where to start.  I know I will have to learn more, but I felt such an urgent need to do something now.  I already got on beeyoutiful and ordered everything...even paid extra for priority shipping!!!  :)  I really cannot wait to get started. I'm going the the store today to get the cod liver oil and glutamine you also recommended.

I was a little confused on the TT so I ordered all of them.  I understand from the quote to give the kids the 6 and 8 together but what did it mean that may be alot and if they weren't able to digest their food to change it???  How will you know if your kids can't digest?

Anyway, thanks for helping and for your time, I know it took a lot to write all that but it is greatly appreciated.

Michelle
Michelle

Offline Simply Kristen

• Master
    • SimplyKristen Blog
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2006, 08:45:21 AM »
Thank you!

I needed a clear list.  I feel like I have learned so much about cleansing, but my brain is "as clear as mud".  ;)

I think I will get my hubby started on YA pretty soon. Then, do the water cure. 

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2006, 02:57:19 PM »
HB, thanks so much for this list! I was one of the others asking for help on where to get started. Here's another question; where does a colon cleanse fit into all of this? Or does Yeast Assasin take care of that as well?
I guess it really depends.  Cleansing the colon (enemas) can help speed up other cleansing or you could do this occaisionally in between.  It really should effect any other things you are doing.  But lets say you have parasites and yeast assassin is doing it's job, but you're not moving your bowels very fast, you might want to speed up the process by doing an enema or a salt water flush.  Some recommend doing a coffee enema in conjunction with the gallbladder/liver flush.  I think it's really up to you and what you are comfortable with.  I wouldn't make this your priority unless you're having trouble with your bowels after starting the Yeast Assassin and/or Tummy Tuneup.  If you're taking SuperMom and you're stopped up, I would stop taking it first to see if this is your problem.  Extra iron can stop you up if you're not careful.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2006, 02:58:32 PM »
I was a little confused on the TT so I ordered all of them.  I understand from the quote to give the kids the 6 and 8 together but what did it mean that may be alot and if they weren't able to digest their food to change it???  How will you know if your kids can't digest?
This refered to part of the quote I left out.  This was written in response to a question about a child who is dairy intolerant.  If you're kids aren't allergic to dairy then it shouldn't be an issue.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline *MommaJo*

• Master
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 04:58:26 PM »
DH has started taking an interest in intestinal health today.  He happened to see an infomercial selling herbal pills to clean your intestines of toxins.  He could really relate to the symptoms they had listed as results of 'build-up' in the intestines.  Today I printed the pdf master cleanse that was provided on a link in another thread.  He isn't much of a reader, but is actually reading it right now.   :o
My question is...
We are NEW to healthy eating & both are willing to do one of the cleanses talked about on WTM.  I don't want him to burn out (or FREAK out), so which one would be an easy one to start with?  And, which one SHOULD we start with?  Are there anymore printables that I could print for him to read? 
*Note* This is coming from a person (me) who doesn't even like tea....I know...
I made a cup of hot green tea w/ honey & couldn't even finish the cup.  The next day I made one called chai tea...yuck.  Today, I bought a berry flavored one.  I'll try it tomorrow.  Any suggestions on the tea situation, either...

Offline mishy

• Master
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006, 12:02:35 AM »
The water cure and very easy and painless.  I also have done the liver cleanse- it is short- less than 24 hours fasting and except for the NASTY taste of the epsom salts, really not too bad! :) 

Offline jm3collum

• Adept
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2006, 01:18:16 PM »
The water cure and very easy and painless.  I also have done the liver cleanse- it is short- less than 24 hours fasting and except for the NASTY taste of the epsom salts, really not too bad! :) 

Mishy,

How was the liver cleanse.  I'm nervous about that one being I just had my gall bladder removed and it was completely full.  (I didn't know before then about gall bladder cleanses).  Does it hurt?? Any discomfort?  Just curious.  I'm certain I will be passing stones and I can't wait because I constantly have a pain where my liver is.

Michelle
Michelle

Offline mishy

• Master
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2006, 07:32:58 PM »

Mishy,

How was the liver cleanse.  I'm nervous about that one being I just had my gall bladder removed and it was completely full.  (I didn't know before then about gall bladder cleanses).  Does it hurt?? Any discomfort?  Just curious.  I'm certain I will be passing stones and I can't wait because I constantly have a pain where my liver is.

Michelle

It wasn't uncomfortable at all.  I had a little nasea at 3 am but that was it.  By 8 am though, I was STARVING!!!   :P  He said that "even though you haven't eaten anything since 2 pm, you won't be hungry."  whatever!  I was hungry at 6 pm that day after starting the fast at 2 (actually I guess I started it at noon after lunch).  Next time I'll be sure to eat up at 2.  he he.  If you think you have stones, go for it!!!  Easy, painless....  :) 

Offline maideninwaiting

• Adept
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2006, 12:16:39 PM »
Wow, what an overwhelming wealth of information here!
I, too would like to do a cleanse. I never have before, but as far as I know I don't have any major digestive problems. Would it be "safe" and effective for me to take the Yeast supplement you mentioned, then do some sort of enema and THEN begin the 10-day master cleanse?? If so, what type of enema??? Thanks!
"I am the LORD: For they shall not be ashamed that wait for me." Isaiah 49:23

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2006, 07:36:01 PM »
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 01:37:34 PM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Mama_KK

• Learning
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2006, 07:10:21 AM »
beginner when it comes to cleanses.  I have been noticing a lot of "where do I start questions?" about cleanses.  I was just thinking we can have a Beginner cleansing threat that points us in the right direction and gives us an EASY outline to follow... to start learning about cleansing.

Just wondering if the Beginner cleansing thread was ever created.  Have been doing some searching but haven't come up w/ anything.  Sorry to be such a bother - it's probably right in front of me, ha!  I'm sorta new to the whole forum thing, so I greatly appreciate any help :).

Kendra Kae

Jude 2

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2006, 01:38:01 PM »
Just wondering if the Beginner cleansing thread was ever created.  Have been doing some searching but haven't come up w/ anything.  Sorry to be such a bother - it's probably right in front of me, ha!  I'm sorta new to the whole forum thing, so I greatly appreciate any help :).

Kendra Kae

Jude 2

That's what this thread and the link below are for.

I Think I Have Candida and/or Leaky Gut: What Now?
  My favorite herb book!!

PMESguy

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2006, 02:39:31 PM »
I know this has probably been answered and I am usually good at finding information but there is sooo much information on this website I am extremely overwhelmed!!!  I KNOW I am very toxic - I can just feel it.  Where should I begin?  Parasite, colon, liver, AHHHH!  Can I do any at the same time.  I feel like I need to do something NOW but at the rate I am going (I have been on here for about 4 hours total today reading) I am never going to get there.  Like I said, I know it's probably been answered.  Perhaps someone could oh so gently direct me there or give me somewhere I can actually start.  I am going to do the water cleanse for sure (don't know how long I should though) but what else?

Thanks much.
Michelle

At least I have laughed my bootie off reading all the posts!!

My advice would be to figure out why you are toxic in the first place. The fact is you can clean your house everyday, but it will never be clean if you keep bringing garbage in. Yes the environment is bad. Yes you are constantly being bombarded with toxic residues from plastics, petrol chemicals, pesticides, etc. So you see, doing your part to elimiate the toxic load on your body (outside of what you can't control) will do more wonders for your health than all the cleanses you can order off the internet in one day!

The best place to start is in the environment you spend most of your time in. If its your house, go though and get rid of anything synthetic that you can. This can be pretty costly, but over time if you start replacing commonly used things like laundry detergent, soap, other personal care products with 'all natural' alternaives you will be well on your way. Get a shower filter. Replace your Teflon cookware with stainless or ceramic. Store your food in ceramic or glass rather than plasic. Ditch the microwave. Get a home reverse osmosis filtration system. All that will add up.

Of course the biggie is what you are putting in your mouth. Cleansing is really hot and hip right now. But the fact of the matter is that it takes nutrition to run the detoxification systems in your body. Since many people don't adequately support their body's opportunity to do it's natural detoxing with nutrition, it doesn't get done. After a while, you just get clogged up (figureatively, not litterally....well unless you are majorly constipated :) )

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2006, 04:00:14 AM »
« on: November 30, 2006, 09:42:28 PM » by kaira
I am horrified at this moment, having just seen pictures online of all the things in our bodies.  Honestly, my skin is crawling right now. I am wondering about cleansing in general.  I have read many of the topics but I don't know alot about the backgrounds.  First of all, I don't know where one starts the cleansing process. What constitutes a need for a cleanse, though I am SURE I desperately need all of them.  I would be appreciative of direction here.  Also, I see quite a bit of info about the Master Cleanse, but are there other options available that do the same thing.  These cleansing programs are kind of expensive and I was just wondering if there are "home made cleanses" anyone might have information about?  We are on a very tight family budget so I don't have much disposable income to sink into programs.  Also, my children, I don't want their little bodies to be sick and full of parasites.  Do children get "cleansed"?  Also, somewhere, on another topic, I read a comment by someone who didn't want parasites to come out of their noses?  Can that happen?  I might just die if it did - but I have to know first.  So many questions, any direction would help.  I must go get in the shower as I am now itching all over sure that bugs are in my hair and everywhere.  My advice (admittedly, I need more than I have) - DON'T look at pictures if you haven't already.  I will surely have to pray for freedom of parasitic nightmares tonight.  Thanks much.

Kaira

hi Kaira!  lots to learn, for sure for all of us.  yeast assassin kills parasites, but is not for kids.  you can search on here for pumpkin seeds, as they can be used for this.  so can garlic, and many other things.  i definitely would not read about that any more though if it affects you so!  there are quite a few cleansing threads, and the master cleanse is not a program to purchase, just certain things to do, although the ingredients are not cheap, you don't eat during it, so it can be your food for that time period.  here are some threads related:

(worms in children)
http://welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,1595.0.html

(master cleanse)
http://welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,334.0.html

good luck! 
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

kaira

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2006, 06:08:24 AM »
So, I just want to understand if I am correct here...

The first thing to do is the Yeast Assassin and all the Tummy Tune Ups?  While doing that those will get rid of parasites?  And, does one eat during this process?  What would be the likely side effects of this process?  How long does this process take and what comes next?  Also, what results would I likely see from this process alone?  I know these questions have probably been asked and answered but I am just not completely clear.  Thank you, in advance for repeating yourself.