Author Topic: Dandelion  (Read 31741 times)

Offline Cheryl

• Learning
Re: Dandelion
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2008, 03:20:24 PM »

you guys are totally cracking me up.   ::)

Oh, my...I feel like a kid.  "I dare you."  ;)

Anyways, at 20 weeks pregnant, I did the little test--couldn't help myself-- and there was no change whatsoever to the leaves.  Some were put in like flowers, and others were submerged. 

Thanks for the laughs, ladies.  Reminds me of a post I saw somewhere where someone said to put vinegar and baking soda in a bottle together for a great cleaning product!  Well, if you want to clean the bottle, I guess, but not if you want to clean anything else--except your hands, clothing, counter, floor...   What fun!

Cheryl

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2008, 08:48:01 AM »
Cooked Dandelion Greens
Cut the roots from the greens and discard. Wash well in cold water. Bring a large pot of water to a full boil and put the greens into the water by the handful. Bring water quickly back to the boil and cook just until wilted, two or three minutes. Drain and run cold water over to stop the cooking. Squeeze as much moisture out as possible. At this point you may wrap well in plastic wrap and freeze for future use, 8 to 10 ounces per package is a useful size.

These greens may be used as a substitute for spinach or Swiss chard in any number of recipes, from ravioli or lasagna fillings to a simple sauté in olive oil with garlic as a side dish.Her grandma used this often as a filling when spinach was called for.

http://www.seedsofknowledge.com/dandelion.html
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Autumn

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2010, 02:19:13 AM »
I have my 15-year-old daughter taking dandelion capsules.  She takes 3 three times daily.  I really don't know how many she should take.  This goes along with her alfalfa, oatstraw and horsetail.  How much?  I have the rest of my family taking capsules.  I really don't know how many is best.  Help please.

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2010, 08:23:48 AM »
Autumn, are you using dandelion root pieces or powdered or some other form of the plant? And what size of capsule are you using?

In general, dandelion is very safe. It would be hard to overdose and cause serious side effects.
If you can answer the above questions, I'll be glad to look it up in my reference books to see what the recommendations are.