Author Topic: Enlarged Kidneys  (Read 4061 times)

Offline shaylae123

• Wide Eyed
Enlarged Kidneys
« on: March 22, 2007, 05:18:12 AM »
Hi,
My daughter is 4 yrs. old and I have been trying to potty train her but she doesn't ever go all day without wetting her pants. I realized she had weird smelling pee so I took her in to the Dr. They said she had an infection of some kind and put her on meds. They thought her bladder was backing up into the kidney's , but that wasn't it so now they found that her kidney's are enlarged and she might have stones. Has anyone ever had this problem with a child before and should I be scared?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 05:44:40 AM by healthybratt »

Offline freshisbest

• Adept
Re: Enlarged Kidneys
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 06:12:00 AM »
My 2 sons were both diagnosed with hydronephrosis ( enlarged kidneys) in utero...via ultrasound...one was ultimately fine, the other had ongoing ultrasounds for 4 years after birth and surgery at 6 to correct what they thought was a blockage in the urethra. (Turns out it wasn't as dramatic as that..long story for someone who wants to hear it!)....but that being said, it is a common thing in boys. An infection is a tip-off if they hadn't picked it up before ( like on an ultrasound). For a girl? All my research concerned boys...so my guess is tests and an ultrasound would find the cause for enlargement. Some  involved an IV to increase fluids, then they do what I called a "live" x-ray to watch the kidneys drain, measure how long it takes, etc. While IVs are no fun, in a hospital setting the technicians we had were so good at it ..he suffered little. I would tell you, if she's on antibiotics for an infection, I'd up the probiotics to fight yeast. Plenty of links here on WTM about antibiotics and immune systems and candida. There ARE natural things to do for kidney stones if that should be it.

Offline babymakers

• Adept
    • Babeemakers
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 12:43:49 PM »
Just to be on the safe side you should give her a mixture of lemon juice (fresh) and olive oil to help dissolve stones. Either way, wether she has stones or not, it will help clean out those kidneys.
Visit my-

eBay Store, and <a href="http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/babymakers/ ">blog[/url].

Offline shaylae123

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 05:23:31 PM »
Thank you so much for your replys!

Offline rebeccahuff

• Adept
  • www.homeschoolblogger.com/rebeccahuff
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 03:41:22 AM »
Just to be on the safe side you should give her a mixture of lemon juice (fresh) and olive oil to help dissolve stones. Either way, wether she has stones or not, it will help clean out those kidneys.

HOw much olive oil? Just wondering about the ratio here?