Author Topic: Dust & Mold Allergies  (Read 10442 times)

Offline wardermom

• Learning
Dust & Mold Allergies
« on: March 21, 2007, 02:19:57 PM »
I have been decluttering for our upcoming move, and am having real trouble with allergy symptoms-allergic rhinitis-nasal symptoms because of all the dust and mould I'm running into with stored stuff and books, etc. Does anyone know how to treat this fast and naturally? (and not with something I have to order off a website please.)
Also, it has to be compatible with breastfeeding.
I'd really appreciate your help with this.
Thanks,
Melanie

Offline Mothers Medicine Cabinet

• Learning
Re: Dust & Mold Allergies
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 03:10:08 PM »
   Yes, a great things to do is use a cold-air diffuser throughout the house. My husband and I have diffused in our home to get rid of a mysterious allergy only associated with our bedroom. We couldn't sleep in there until after we diffused purification in the room for two days which caused the allergen to naturally go away. It was amazing!

• A cold-air diffuser is designed to disperse a micro-fine mist of
therapeutic-grade essential oil into the atmosphere of a home or
office.
• It is important to use a cold air diffuser to avoid damaging the
fragile essential oil constituents. The oils remain most effective
if they are not heated as they are diffused.

The t-g essential oil of "Thieves" has been documented in killing black mold and other mold spores throughout the house when diffused and continues to kill the bacteria in the air once the diffuser is turned off as the misted oil stabilizes the atmosphere. There's a great dvd made available through www.moldrxu.com concerning "Thieves" oil blend and the research done concerning diffusion and mold. It's amazing!   
  "Thieve" is a blend of therapeutic-grade essential oils which was tested at Weber State University for its potent antimicrobial properties.  Thieves Oil was found to have a 99.96 percent kill rate against airborne bacteria.  The oils are highly antiviral, antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-infectious and help to protect the body against such illnesses as flu, colds, sinusitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, sore throats etc…
     no toxic, chemicals free!
    There's a great All-Purpose Cleanser called "Thieves Household Cleaner" that's awesome, safe,and smells GREAT! I suggest getting that as well. I've been using it for my laundry, all-purpose cleaner (window cleaner, carpet stain remover, bathroom cleaner, and more). It's placing the power of t-g essential oils throughout the air as well promoting health versus toxic household cleaners that causesickness.

We also regularly diffuse throughout the week now just to promote wellness and wellbeing from different essential oils.
• Diffusing is one of the most effective and convenient ways to
experience the many effects of essential oils.
• Diffuse oils, such as "Purification" or lemon oil , to purify the
air and neutralize mildew, cigarette smoke, or other
disagreeable  odours.
• Diffuse oils, such as peppermint or Clarity, for their stimulating, invigorating effects. Essential oils diffused in classrooms have been widely researched for their ability to improve accuracy and memory

If you'd like additional information feel free to contact me. 
Jessica@anhonestbusiness.org

Offline leslieloureiter

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 03:35:05 AM »
Where do you get a cold air diffuser and how do you use them?  Do you need one in every room?

Offline mauimom

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 04:18:07 PM »
I have a question for all you wise people out there.  We live on the edge of a rain forest and I know we have mold.  There is no way around it and since we are renting we can't very well tear the house apart.  The house sits up off the ground so I'm pretty sure it seeps in from underneath.  My question is, what can I give the family on a regular basis to help counteract the mold in our bodies.  So far only my son is having a problem, but I want to keep it in check for all of us.  One doctor recommended antioxidants daily.  What else do you recommend?? 

mauimom

Offline mauimom

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 08:55:05 PM »
I have a question for all you wise people out there.  We live on the edge of a rain forest and I know we have mold.  There is no way around it and since we are renting we can't very well tear the house apart.  The house sits up off the ground so I'm pretty sure it seeps in from underneath.  My question is, what can I give the family on a regular basis to help counteract the mold in our bodies.  So far only my son is having a problem, but I want to keep it in check for all of us.  One doctor recommended antioxidants daily.  What else do you recommend?? 

mauimom

bump

Offline mauimom

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 08:45:50 AM »
bump

Offline floydian

• Master
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 08:57:01 AM »
I have been decluttering for our upcoming move, and am having real trouble with allergy symptoms-allergic rhinitis-nasal symptoms because of all the dust and mould I'm running into with stored stuff and books, etc. Does anyone know how to treat this fast and naturally? (and not with something I have to order off a website please.)
Also, it has to be compatible with breastfeeding.
I'd really appreciate your help with this.
Thanks,
Melanie

IN the past, my husband has had really bad allergies to dust mites.  Every Saturday and Sunday (the days he could sleep a little longer) he would sneeze all day long non-stop.  Any over-the-counter stuff made him miserable.
Since he has done the master cleanse, he has not had any problems at all. 

Before he did the master cleanse, he would do a vitamin c flush.  It works best if you can get the C from a health food store, however, before we knew there was difference, he used the stuff from Wal Mart.  It worked OK, just not as well.
He would eat only raw fruits and vegees all one weekend, drink tons of water, and pop vitamin C's all day long.
It's been awhile since he has done one, so I don't know how much or how many he took, but after he did this, he had no problems for about a month. 
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine—
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

Offline morethanalive

• Learning
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 12:24:24 PM »
For those of you with central heating and cooling, try the "allergen reduction" filters. They cost more than the regular filters, but they can make a difference in the amount of dust in your house, and reduce all sorts of allergens in the air. Ever since moving into this area, I've had to put up with allergies. These filters have made a difference for me. They are worth the extra money, and do last longer than regular filters. You are looking for a rating in numbers. The higher the number, the more it will filter out of the air. We use the rating 1200.

Offline mauimom

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 12:37:40 PM »

mauimom

I am bumping this cause I think my original question got overlooked.

mauimom

Offline Mothers Medicine Cabinet

• Learning
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 04:41:43 AM »
I'm sorry I have not reply to you sooner, but I haven't been online in awhile. The diffuser can be purchased through the link below. I use just one diffuser throughout my home. It depends I'm sure on your wants and needs if you were to want/need more than one. If you set it near a duct one can circulate well.

https://www2.youngliving.com/signup/?sponsorid=859729&enrollerid=859729

Offline MamaJ

• Adept
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 01:56:44 PM »
My three year old is allergic to dust.  Since we've been cleaning and moving stuff around a lot lately, her allergies have been acting up.  The problem is, it goes from nasal allergies to a cough that we can't seem to get rid of.  I try steam, but can't get her to stay over it long enough.  She coughs enough that she gags.  Any ideas?

Mama J.

Offline floydian

• Master
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 07:22:29 AM »
Both mullein and lobelia work great for coughs.
So does extra vitamin C.

If you do use lobelia, be careful, if you give them too much, they can throw up.  It should tell you on the bottle how much to use. 
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine—
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

Offline kper

• Adept
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 10:04:22 AM »

mauimom

I am bumping this cause I think my original question got overlooked.

mauimom

mauimom,
I just saw this. Do you use a dehumidfier? It really helps keep the mold down around here, esp. when the basement floods. As far as internally, I'm not sure , but we take garlic regularly. I personally think garlic cures everything! ;D HTH!
" Elections belong to the people. It is their decision. If they decide to turn their back on the fire and burn their behinds, then they will just have to sit on their blisters." 

Abraham Lincoln