Author Topic: Where to Buy [Purchase] the Best [Cheapest] Essential Oils  (Read 21278 times)

Offline MadeAUTurn

• Learning
Hello  ;D

I have a few cleaners I would like to add essential oils to. I have a few local natural stores that carry them, but they are pricey. I want to compare prices locally and online to make sure I'm not wasting money.  ???

Thanks
Dona

Offline Helen

• Adept
    • personal blog
Re: Where to Buy [Purchase] the Best [Cheapest] Essential Oils
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 12:52:24 AM »
I get mine from <a href="http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/cgi-bin/Main.pl?AID=079749&BID=30>Mountain Rose Herbs[/url]   I really think theres are good, and the prices are fair as long as you dont get the rose scented ones..........
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 02:26:27 PM by healthybratt »

njmama

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 01:22:41 AM »
I got some from www.papanature.com. NOW brand had a pretty good discount on them and they ony charged me 2.00 to ship piriority across the country. For a while they had a discount for new customers also. I was pleased.

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 01:41:14 AM »
Surf the soapmaking sites. They "all" carry them. Snowdriftfarm.com will send you free samples in a SASE.
"Write your hurts in the sand
and grave your blessings in stone."

Offline MadeAUTurn

• Learning
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 08:05:46 AM »
Thanks everyone!!!!

Dona

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 12:25:23 PM »
I got some from www.papanature.com. NOW brand had a pretty good discount on them and they ony charged me 2.00 to ship piriority across the country. For a while they had a discount for new customers also. I was pleased.

These prices are incredibly lower than any other sites.  Anyone know why?  Are they good products ???
  My favorite herb book!!

njmama

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 02:52:04 PM »

These prices are incredibly lower than any other sites.  Anyone know why?  Are they good products ???

I have heard that papanature is a division of IHerb so maybe it is the buying power???? I truly do not know though.

I get NOW brand from papanature which is the same brand my local health food store carries. It is 100% pure and I have noticed no difference.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 03:12:43 PM »
Thanks, I just got my MC today, so I'm ready to throw down some money and get me some EO's.  I've been waiting for a couple of months for this, so I wanted to make sure I get what I'm ordering.
  My favorite herb book!!

njmama

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 03:15:13 PM »
Thanks, I just got my MC today, so I'm ready to throw down some money and get me some EO's.  I've been waiting for a couple of months for this, so I wanted to make sure I get what I'm ordering.

I hope you are pleased. What scents are you getting?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 03:21:08 PM »

I hope you are pleased. What scents are you getting?

I'm working on homemade deodorants, so I'm thinking about getting some liquid chlorophyll to add or drink, lavender, peppermint, sage, and eucalyptus then I figured I'd restock my Tea Tree Oil and get some Aloe Vera Concentrate and Lemon Oil just for good measure.  If you have recommendations for something else, I'd definately be interested, but I'm going to order before I go to bed tonight.  That MC is burning a hole in my pocket.  HAHAHA!
  My favorite herb book!!

njmama

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2006, 03:28:53 PM »
I like all the scents you mentioned. My most used are lavender & tea tree. About the only one I can't stand is patchouli. I think dh & I are the only ones who detest the smell of patchouli! :D

I would be interested in if you are pleased with your homemade deodorant. I would love to make my own also. Are you buying the push up tubes also or just put it in a tub and apply it?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2006, 03:32:34 PM »
I like all the scents you mentioned. My most used are lavender & tea tree. About the only one I can't stand is patchouli. I think dh & I are the only ones who detest the smell of patchouli! :D

I would be interested in if you are pleased with your homemade deodorant. I would love to make my own also. Are you buying the push up tubes also or just put it in a tub and apply it?

I was going to make a lotion bar (like soap) and then add my oils and put it in a push up tube, but I think maybe the beeswax (needed to harden the bar) will clog the pores, so I am going liquid spray with Witch Hazel as my base.  My teen has a swollen lymph node under her arm and I'm try to flush it out; thus the chlorophyll.

Do the 4oz bottles come with droppers or do I need to get some dropper bottles as well ???

I can't stand patchouli either and with my uber smeller, I can spot it at 500 paces - bluck.   :P
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 03:35:33 PM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

njmama

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2006, 03:40:47 PM »

I was going to make a lotion bar (like soap) and then add my oils and put it in a push up tube, but I think maybe the beeswax (needed to harden the bar) will clog the pores, so I am going liquid spray with Witch Hazel as my base.  My teen has a swollen lymph node under her arm and I'm try to flush it out; thus the chlorophyll.

Do the 4oz bottles come with droppers or do I need to get some dropper bottles as well ???

I can't stand patchouli either and with my uber smeller, I can spot it at 500 paces - bluck.   :P

Very good idea with the witch hazel base.

No, the bottles don't come with droppers. I use plastic pipettes that I get from a soap & body supply web site. I just use a rubber band to keep the pipette with its eo. I also have a set of eo measuring spoons from the dollar store for large amounts when me make soap.

Ahhhh, I also have an uber smeller maybe that is what unites the patchouli haters ;)

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2006, 03:41:18 PM »
I'm mixing lavender and tea tree in a base liquid of the liquid crystal spray. It's working better than anything else I've tried, and I've tried a lot! Oh, and I hate patchuli too!
"Write your hurts in the sand
and grave your blessings in stone."

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 01:12:44 PM »
any ideas on the cheapest/best place to get essential oils, I'm looking for lavendar, eucalyptus, vanilla & cedarwood
..oh also one place said you shouldn't use eucalyptus while pregnant??? anyone heard of that..
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 05:44:13 PM by healthybratt »

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline kittyninja

• KITTYNINJA
  • Master
    • blogger
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 07:16:48 PM »
Using Eucalyptus while pregnant:

http://healthlibrary.epnet.com/GetContent.aspx?token=e0498803-7f62-4563-8d47-5fe33da65dd4&chunkiid=108301#P6a
  wow thanks...i've been hittin this stuff pretty hard and i'm 6 months pregnant! i've mainly used it on the kids but they sleep right next to me so i get the benefits. is it just absorption or inhalation? so i guess it's not good for the little ones either then....ooops...

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 04:22:43 AM »
Uh-oh.  I was letting my little one inhale eucalyptus from his vaporizer!  :o  When it says not to be used in children under 12 is it only talking about on the skin or inhaling it too?

Also, you can check out thecatalog.com for essential oils.  It's the NOW brand website where they have everything discounted from the regular store price.  It's the same brand you get from iherb.  They have tons of stuff - supplements, oil, EO, vitamins, etc.  And if you order at least $49 shipping is free.  HTH

abbilynn
Wife for 11 years, Mommy to 3 rambunctious boys!!  :)  Lover of Jesus, my hubby, my kids, and learning!
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://glutenfreegoose.blogspot.com/

Offline busymomma

• Adept
  • As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2007, 05:55:10 AM »
Uh-oh.  I was letting my little one inhale eucalyptus from his vaporizer!  :o  When it says not to be used in children under 12 is it only talking about on the skin or inhaling it too?

Also, you can check out thecatalog.com for essential oils.  It's the NOW brand website where they have everything discounted from the regular store price.  It's the same brand you get from iherb.  They have tons of stuff - supplements, oil, EO, vitamins, etc.  And if you order at least $49 shipping is free.  HTH

abbilynn
Wow!  It is quite recommended here on WTM.....I have been using it on all my kids, including my 4 month old.....

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2007, 06:11:02 AM »
Yeah, me too.  But that website mentioned not using it on kids under 12 yrs old.  Maybe it just meant on their skin.  But that doesn't make sense either b/c you can put Vick's vapor rub on their skin.  So, I don't know what it was talking about........ ??? ???

abbilynn
Wife for 11 years, Mommy to 3 rambunctious boys!!  :)  Lover of Jesus, my hubby, my kids, and learning!
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://glutenfreegoose.blogspot.com/

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2007, 06:18:52 AM »

abbilynn
Wow!  It is quite recommended here on WTM.....I have been using it on all my kids, including my 4 month old.....

me too.  5 yo and 2 yo.  ;)
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline babymakers

• Adept
    • Babeemakers
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2007, 08:11:21 AM »
I have never heard of not using it unless you have a dry hard cough. I am part way through a course to become a certified herbalist. I double checked my notes and the only precautions I saw was that you are not suppose to use it with asthma or a dry hard cough.

This is what I figure, you need to be careful for everything. If you are using this oil and it is working well on your family than keep it up. We need to pay good attention. If it is adversely affecting our children we should know it and then stop.
Visit my-

eBay Store, and <a href="http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/babymakers/ ">blog[/url].

Offline GraceFaith76

• Adept
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2007, 05:00:06 PM »
Does anyone know if Aura Cacia Essential Oils are good?  From looking at their website they sound good...I have been buying them.  I want to take some internally, but they say they are for aromatherapy "not for internal use"...is that just for safety or are they using synthetics methods and their website just sounds good (although they are not organic)?

Another one I just bought to make my own "Winter Breeze Vapor Rub" is Camphor, I found that in the NOW brand it does say "not for internal use" also.

Both of these brands are far less expensive then say Young Living, is that my sign to stay away?  If so are they okay for external use, or are they toxic?

Thanks for any input you have.

Offline RunAmokFarm

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • Naturally-reared, moderately-sized Aussie puppies!
    • RunAmok Farm * Moderately-sized Australian Shepherds
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2007, 05:26:45 PM »
Yes, we use Aura Cacia frequently!  Most of the ones we have are their organic line, but some are their "regular" ones as well.  From our experience (and it has been quite extensive!!) I have no qualms using any of their oils.

We have a couple thousand dollars worth of Young Living's oils from when my husband worked for the YL farm in Idaho - and have been using them for years... The Aura Casia are, in my opinion, every bit as good, perhaps better. 
J
NR Australian Shepherds & SARF consultations
www.runamokfarm.com
Custom Pyrography (woodburning)
www.jaquemchenry.com

Offline GraceFaith76

• Adept
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2007, 05:39:37 PM »
Yes, we use Aura Cacia frequently!  Most of the ones we have are their organic line, but some are their "regular" ones as well.  From our experience (and it has been quite extensive!!) I have no qualms using any of their oils.

We have a couple thousand dollars worth of Young Living's oils from when my husband worked for the YL farm in Idaho - and have been using them for years... The Aura Casia are, in my opinion, every bit as good, perhaps better. 
J

Thanks you!  I just want to verify was your 'yes' that you have used them internally also?

Offline crystal

• Adept
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2007, 08:32:25 PM »
Does anyone in the "know" use SanFrancisco Herb Co. essential oils?  Are they comparable and good for internal use?

Offline southmom2k

• Adept
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 09:15:36 AM »
bulknutrition.com sells NOW brand essential oils. They are even cheaper than iherb.com

The orders ship in 3-5 days. I don't know the shipping price ranges, but everything I ordered last time only cost me $5.95!

Want to SAVE $5 on your first order at iherb.com??
Enter KAN020 at checkout!

Check out my etsy shop!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/southmom3kids

Offline gr8topraise

• Learning
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2008, 03:56:11 PM »
Thank you for posting info about www.papanature.com.  I got $5 off my order since I was a new customer and had entered this coupon code at checkout: ZAB600. 
Make the most of every moment. :D

Offline southmom2k

• Adept
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2008, 04:44:31 PM »
iherb.com has really good prices. You can get $5 off your entire purchase with this code. Enter KAN020 at the checkout!
Want to SAVE $5 on your first order at iherb.com??
Enter KAN020 at checkout!

Check out my etsy shop!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/southmom3kids

Offline SweetEden

• Learning
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2010, 03:03:35 AM »
I am looking for a trustworthy source for Essential oils. I order what I can from beeyoutiful, however I need a larger selection. Cost is a factor, however I find it hard to just search the web and purchase the "cheapest" oils I can find. I have a small (craft fair type) of natural soap and lotion business and I want to use honest ingredients. I have been directed to young living but I have an issue with the honesty of the company because of the legal issues Gary Young has had. If you are wondering you can read here. (not the point of my post though) http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/young.html  ??? Wondering if any of you have had good luck with a wholesaler or website that you trust and is not outrageously priced. Thanks for your help! ;)