Author Topic: Leaky Gut Syndrome: Signs, Symptoms & Cures  (Read 137125 times)

Offline dara

• Master
Re: Leaky Gut Syndrome: Signs, Symptoms & Cures
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2006, 11:20:05 AM »
How do vax cause leaky gut?
"Write your hurts in the sand
and grave your blessings in stone."

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2006, 11:25:05 AM »
How do vax cause leaky gut?

Mercury alone is not the cause of all of these symptoms, but it is the spark that sets off a cascade of damage in the body. Mercury progressively kills neurons in the brain and damages the central nervous system leading to a wide range of neurological, cognitive, and sensory dysfunctions. Mercury displaces specific, essential vitamins and minerals, the loss of which go on to create their own damage in the brain, immune, hormonal, and virtually every other system in the body. Mercury impairs the detoxification system allowing all other toxins, which are ubiquitous in our environment, to accumulate and do damage in the body. Mercury damages the gastro-intestinal track creating dysbiosis (imbalance of good and bad bacteria) and yeast overgrowth. Yeast itself is a neuro-toxin and can create tiny holes in the lining of the gastro-intestinal track leading to a condition called "leaky gut." Molecules of digested food are able to pass through these holes into the bloodstream where the body recognizes them as foreign invaders and mounts an immune response, triggering food allergies, eczema, and other auto-immune reactions. Untreated food allergies and a damaged gut can lead to chronic ear and other infections. Treating these with antibiotics, as is a typical history with many autistic children, only makes matters worse. Antibiotics exacerbate gut dysbiosis and, like testosterone, are synergistically toxic with mercury. Damage to the gastro-intestinal track, which is the body's first line of immune defense, lowers the immune system...
from Generation Rescue
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Texas Girl.

• Adept
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2006, 03:34:42 PM »
This might have been mentioned before, so if so, I apologize ~ but, I really recommend the Autism book from the Bulk Herb Store (.com) ~ it is SO enlightening on all of this, and the relationship of leaky gut to vaccinations!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2006, 04:02:30 PM »
This might have been mentioned before, so if so, I apologize ~ but, I really recommend the Autism book from the Bulk Herb Store (.com) ~ it is SO enlightening on all of this, and the relationship of leaky gut to vaccinations!
Unraveling the Mysteries of Autism and Pervasive Developmental Disorder by Karen Serrousi.  ;)
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Sonja

• Adept
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2007, 01:45:07 PM »
Has anyone heard of Dr. Aaron Smith and his book, "Reflux Recovery"?  I just stumbled across his website today.  He claims to have a natural cure for GERD, but of course, you have to buy his book to find out how!  He has a lot of testimonies on his site, but I'm skeptical.  Thought I might find someone here who had read it or knew more.

Here is the link to his site:  http://www.cureyourgerd.com/gerd1.htm

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2007, 05:47:01 AM »
Has anyone heard of Dr. Aaron Smith and his book, "Reflux Recovery"?  I just stumbled across his website today.  He claims to have a natural cure for GERD, but of course, you have to buy his book to find out how!  He has a lot of testimonies on his site, but I'm skeptical.  Thought I might find someone here who had read it or knew more.

Here is the link to his site:  http://www.cureyourgerd.com/gerd1.htm
Try the public library. 
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Sonja

• Adept
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2007, 06:03:53 AM »
Thanks, HB.  I did and nothing turned up.  I even searched Barnes & Noble and Borders.  They didn't have it either.  Oh well.  I'm assuming at this point that I should stick to my skepticism.   :)

Sonja

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2007, 06:14:11 AM »
Thanks, HB.  I did and nothing turned up.  I even searched Barnes & Noble and Borders.  They didn't have it either.  Oh well.  I'm assuming at this point that I should stick to my skepticism.   :)

Sonja
What about interlibrary loan?
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline christajean

• Learning
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2007, 01:57:45 PM »
My 7yo nephew has been throwing-up around noon and then crying and moaning that his stomach hurts til 6pm for the last 4 days.  They took him to ER yesterday and after blood was drawn, they said he just had indigestion or something.  Could this be a bad case of LGS? or an appendix? I feel so bad for them...any ideas?
cjean
"The thing I find most amazing in Amazing Grace is the chance to give it out... maybe that's what love is all about."  ~ Mr. Heath

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2007, 03:02:25 PM »
My 7yo nephew has been throwing-up around noon and then crying and moaning that his stomach hurts til 6pm for the last 4 days.  They took him to ER yesterday and after blood was drawn, they said he just had indigestion or something.  Could this be a bad case of LGS? or an appendix? I feel so bad for them...any ideas?
cjean
Vomiting for 4 days is diagnosed as indigestion ???  Seems a bit off to me.  Although, it's difficult to know without more info, I would guess it's viral or possibly allergy related.  These can both be worsened or caused by leaky gut, but for immediate relief, maybe mom could try some probiotics?  Probiotics are good for treating yeast and leaky gut, but a good product, like Tummy Tuneup Original Blend, is also very effective at knocking out stomach viruses and bacterial infections.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline christajean

• Learning
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2007, 08:38:00 AM »
They took him back in to see a doc. and had xrays done.  Turns out he was very constipated due to an organ wrapping itself partly around his intestine.  Yikes, he's had to have 2 enemas so far and is on a liquid diet.  When I suggested his diet being a factor and possibly even candida, she was very skeptical at the broad list of symptoms...I was too at first, but once it gets into your head, you can't stop thinking about it.  Oh well, I'll just keep doing what I know is right for my family and not try to press it upon others.  That's hard to do when your excited about something!
cjc
"The thing I find most amazing in Amazing Grace is the chance to give it out... maybe that's what love is all about."  ~ Mr. Heath

Offline westernmama

• Adept
    • Cheap Pregnancy Tests
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2007, 05:15:39 AM »
I'm not sure exactly what I have, but thought you ladies might have some suggestions.  After reading some threads pertaining to IBS, I'm wondering if that's what it is.  About once or twice a year all of a sudden I'll get severe abdominal cramping that results in diarrhea.  The bad episodes of cramping can actually cause me to faint.  :-[  It just feels as though my body decides everything has to come out NOW! 

I've also wondered if it would be something I eat that causes it since it almost acts like a type of food poisoning by purging my body of the offending substance.  One time I remember it happened after I ate an apple that tasted rather tart and green.  Another time it happened after I ate fresh green beans that definitely were not cooked enough, they, too, tasted green.  So I'm hoping you all can give me a few ideas.  Thanks.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2007, 07:40:30 AM »
I'm not sure exactly what I have, but thought you ladies might have some suggestions.  After reading some threads pertaining to IBS, I'm wondering if that's what it is.  About once or twice a year all of a sudden I'll get severe abdominal cramping that results in diarrhea.  The bad episodes of cramping can actually cause me to faint.  :-[  It just feels as though my body decides everything has to come out NOW! 

I've also wondered if it would be something I eat that causes it since it almost acts like a type of food poisoning by purging my body of the offending substance.  One time I remember it happened after I ate an apple that tasted rather tart and green.  Another time it happened after I ate fresh green beans that definitely were not cooked enough, they, too, tasted green.  So I'm hoping you all can give me a few ideas.  Thanks.
These symptoms sound very similar to IBS or Crohn's, both of which have been linked to candida and leaky gut syndrome. 
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline morningglory

• Adept
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2008, 10:54:14 AM »
I just thought I'd post a progress report.  I've been candida/leaky gut cleansing for about 3 weeks now.  This has included low carb eating, GF/CF diet, Dr Natura's Colonix and Toxinout cleanses, frequent enemas, Pau D'Arco tea, probiotics, kombucha, EFA supplementation, L-Glutamine, aloe juice, and probably other stuff I haven't thought of. 

My energy has picked up after the initial detox-y feelings, and I have had chronic fatigue since I had mono 4 years ago.  My butterfly rash (redness across the nose and cheeks characteristic of autoimmune disease) is almost totally gone.  I'm SOOO excited to be seeing results so soon.  And wonder of wonders, my husband is cleansing too!  That's a huge relief to me; I never in a million years thoguht he'd do it.  DS's eczema is not improving as much as I'd like, but there is some improvement.  The chronic yeast rash on his bottom is starting to clear up.

Anyway, I'm just praising the Lord for giving me the answers I've been looking for! :D 

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2008, 11:29:52 AM »
Good for you.  Glad to hear it when someone finds a solution. ;D
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2008, 02:04:10 PM »
Ok here's my situation  ???.  My FIL (an MD) went to a nuetritionist because of his Arthritis who diagnosed him with Leaky Gut and tested him for food sensativities.  He has lived by this advice for about 4 years now (before I was added to this family) and has seen DRASTIC improvements in the way he feels.  HOWEVER I have never heard him talk about having received any information on healing his leaky gut and they are coming down for a visit starting tomorrow afternoon.  Even though he is an MD he is open to the 'natural' way of things and knows my background in this area and we have had some open discussions on this.

So I am seeking some advice on how to broach with him that I have found some info on healing a leaky gut and wondered if you gals had any thoughts on what the most important step would be to take (I don't want to overwhelm him and lose his ear).  He is much more open to the healthy eating side of things than to the herb side of things, but right now my instincts are to try and see if he would be interested in trying to rid himself of candida.  He already takes a fish oil supplement which I believe contains the nutrients for healthy mucus lining.

I would appriciate some advice on what you guys think is important to try and remedy his situation.  He is such a wonderful grandfather to our boys and only 52 yo and already has a hard time playing with him because he hurts so badly  :'(

-Heather

The primary cause of leaky gut is stress! Mental and emotional stressors are highly damaging to the immune system. Your first line of defense is an immunoglobulin called secritory IgA. 80% off it is found on the lining of the instinal track. Under periods of stress that number is drastically reducted. Since many people show an exaggerated stress response brought on by  not enought sleep, dehydration, not enough sun exposure, poor quality food, etc...the list goes on and on...it would be to his advantage to build health/vitality/immunity back up by addressing these fundamental factors.

Since he has artritis, it would be IMPERITIVE for him to understand the role of anti-inflammatories and his system. Omega 3 fatty acids from fish oil can really help, but they can only do so much. What's absolutely critical to understand is how bad NSAIDS (non-steriodal anti-infammatory drugs) are on the gut. In fact, they are #2 on the list for the all time bad things for your gut. Every time you take aspirin, for example, you loose 15-20 ml of blood. The risk of hemorrhagic stroke goes up 4 times with the use of these drugs. They are like a double edge sward: you get the pain relief, but you cause a number of other  problems in the process. Good article here: http://www.mercola.com/2005/jan/5/anti_inflammatories.htm

I give you this advice because I help people heal their guts for a living. If your FIL makes a commitment to determining the causitive factors that are driving his symptoms and then takes the necessary actions to implement a healing strategy, he can expect to heal his gut in about 6 months. For me personally, I took me a good 9 months at age 27 to get to the point where I had no more symptoms. So at his age....given his abilty to regenerate...it might take longer.

What is the cause of a leaky gut? Is a leaky gut a disease? Or is it a symptom of dis-ease on the human orgainsm....a living, breathing, mental, emotional, physical, and spriitual being. If you identify the major causes then you can forget about a remedy...you will have a solution!! :D

PMESguy--- you mentioned you help people with this problem for a living.  Do you have any more recommendations or do you pretty much agree with the ones given?  If you have time could you give more specifics? Thank you!
"in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes. 5:18

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2008, 03:07:48 PM »
PMESguy--- you mentioned you help people with this problem for a living.  Do you have any more recommendations or do you pretty much agree with the ones given?  If you have time could you give more specifics? Thank you!
He quit the forum months ago.  Probably won't get an answer unless he's lurking around here somewhere.  ;)
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2008, 09:02:27 PM »
]He quit the forum months ago.  Probably won't get an answer unless he's lurking around here somewhere.  ;)

How rude to leave us in the lurch  :D  HB has all the answers we need anyway..now I just need to get brave enough to try it.
"in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes. 5:18

Offline grocerygetter

• Adept
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2008, 03:34:12 AM »
PMES GUY!  Could you come back??
(At least he's not PMSGUY  ;))
Would someone put all the above into a simple program to heal the gut??
pretty please  :) :) :)
I think HB's already done that for us :)
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,2698.msg24679.html#msg24679
The very beginning of this page is HB's step by step guide to becoming yeast free with an improved gut! Just scroll to the top of that page and begin reading!! Thanks again HB! I believe there's a very cute poem right after HB's post about what a genius she is. How appropriate...HTH

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2008, 06:45:35 AM »
There's also a 2-part podcast that just came out this month related to this topic. 

backtobasicspodcast.com

It's the 2 on the GI Tract
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2008, 09:20:52 AM »
There's also a 2-part podcast that just came out this month related to this topic. 

backtobasicspodcast.com

Way to go! It was very encouraging.  I believe I will try to make a better effort to do this Monday (....my son has a birthday this weekend :D)
HB, are you still symptom free or do you have to do some maintenance?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2008, 09:25:04 AM »

backtobasicspodcast.com

Way to go! It was very encouraging.  I believe I will try to make a better effort to do this Monday (....my son has a birthday this weekend :D)
HB, are you still symptom free or do you have to do some maintenance?
I have had some other issues come up, but as far as I can tell, yeast and leaky gut are under control.  I take probiotics on occasion for illness and I take aloe for other reasons, but I'm sure this helps.  I also usually drink Kombucha every day that is until I get lazy and kill all my SCOBYs  :o  I do still take some other treatments (YA, garlic, Black Walnut, Coconut Oil, etc) for illness and as a precaution because I drink chlorinated water - something I hope to remedy soon.  If I can't get a filter, then I think I'm going to start boiling all my water.  I do not however take any of these things every day nor feel the need to at this point.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 09:27:38 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline grocerygetter

• Adept
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2008, 10:58:33 AM »

backtobasicspodcast.com

HB, is that you on there?!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2008, 12:45:38 PM »

backtobasicspodcast.com

HB, is that you on there?!
Yes.   :-[
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline fredmegrus

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2008, 11:38:17 AM »
It wasn't until much later, I found the Yeast Assassin and Tummy Tune-Up and boy I'm glad I did.  After treating with this and a 4 day fast, I feel like a new person.
healthybratt: so am I understanding right, that you are doing this to treat and HEAL leaky gut?  These 2 products get rid of the yeast, right? But do they heal the leaky gut, if damage has been done?   And if so ~ how long does that take???  I'm sorry if this has already been discussed before; I tend to 'chase rabbits' on this site and read for hours without finding out exactly what I'm looking for! :-\ :-[
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 01:07:43 PM by healthybratt »

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2008, 01:06:43 PM »
It wasn't until much later, I found the Yeast Assassin and Tummy Tune-Up and boy I'm glad I did.  After treating with this and a 4 day fast, I feel like a new person. 
healthybratt: so am I understanding right, that you are doing this to treat and HEAL leaky gut?  These 2 products get rid of the yeast, right? But do they heal the leaky gut, if damage has been done?   And if so ~ how long does that take???  I'm sorry if this has already been discussed before; I tend to 'chase rabbits' on this site and read for hours without finding out exactly what I'm looking for! :-\ :-[
Check out the first post on this link.

I Think I Have Candida and/or Leaky Gut:  What Now?
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline jewelrylight

• Learning
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2008, 04:15:28 AM »
You said that you heal guts for a living?  My 18 mo. old has had chornic diarrhea for as long as I can remember.  Also she had a yeast infection on her bottom that I could not clear for the life of me.  I've been starving her pretty hard core- no sugar, no starches.  She accidentally has gotten a few of those things here nad there but she's so fussy all the time.  And we still don't have a completely formed stool.  But she hardly eats any fiber becasue seh dont' like her veggies.  It's been about 1 month now.  I did break down and feed her milk inbetween all that because I thought it might heal her.  Bad c hoicel  She was pooping continually after that for a couple days.  Now we get a stool about once a day which is improvement but I believe she's way undernourished...  And she's fussy all the time.  She's on a probiotic- the maker's diet.  Should iI get some testings done?  Could she have a leaky gut and be allergic?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2008, 08:45:04 AM »
You said that you heal guts for a living? 

No.  I'm not a doctor or a medical professional of any kind.

I've done extensive research on myself and my families symptoms and needs and have shared with others, my experience and research.

I would suggest you read through my research and see if you find something that will support or negate your theories and treat accordingly.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• Guru
  • I SEE YOU
    • BJ_BOBBI_JO blog
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2008, 02:43:28 PM »
Just going by the list of leaky gut symptoms I am Mrs. Leaky Gut Queen.

I went threw the thread but tend to miss stuff so here it goes, Questions;

-so leaky gut is probably caused by candida?

-the only way to heal or make leaky better is by getting rid of candida probably?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2008, 04:40:47 PM »
Just going by the list of leaky gut symptoms I am Mrs. Leaky Gut Queen.

I went threw the thread but tend to miss stuff so here it goes, Questions;

-so leaky gut is probably caused by candida?

-the only way to heal or make leaky better is by getting rid of candida probably?

Read this post.

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,2698.msg24644.html#msg24644

I think this will answer your questions and whole lot more.  If you read this and still have questions, go ahead and post them on that thread and either I or someone will help you get them answered.
  My favorite herb book!!