Author Topic: Underweight Infants & Toddlers: Healthy Supplements For Weight Gain  (Read 122840 times)

Offline uptrapperdansgirl

• Adept
Re: Underweight Infants & Toddlers: Healthy Supplements For Weight Gain
« Reply #180 on: December 10, 2009, 03:24:17 PM »
I wouldn't be too concerned. What percentile they are in is not as important as how they act and look. Is your baby happy, active, good skin tone, bright eyed? Those are things to look for....HTH hugs
Check out my testimony song!
A true story of God's delivering power!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab-MUxfeWJo

Offline herbs girl

• Master
« Reply #181 on: December 10, 2009, 03:40:00 PM »
Thanks, uppertrapperdansgirl

She is very bright eyed, happy, and runs around almost all day long, playing and getting into stuff! ;D The doctor says she is 'advanced' or whatever. Probably the high dose fish oil I took during my pregnancy ::)

The doctor wasn't worried at all, but they want me to come back in February.

I am thinking olive oil, coconut oil, cream added to her foods will help. She is drinking way too much milk, she needs more food.   She is just warming up to eating food more.

Offline Gods_child

• Adept
« Reply #182 on: May 06, 2010, 02:13:14 PM »
Hi everyone! We took our boys(1 and 3yrs) to the pediatrician today for their yearly exam and it turns out our 1 year old isn't gaining weight as they would like. He is 13 mos and weighs 17lb. His head and length are fine but he's underweight off the charts. Both of the boys had their blood drawn to check iron levels to see if it's causing the problem. Can't wait for the results! But also she said he needs to be drinking cow's whole milk. I'm afraid to give him that since my 3 year old and I have a milk allergy but he doesn't-result of an allergy test. He hates goat's milk. And ofcourse I will only give him organic, raw, farm fresh milk. What should I do??? They also said to give him soymilk but I don't want to do that. Any help?

Offline DHW

• Adept
« Reply #183 on: May 06, 2010, 04:30:39 PM »
The whole milk is really for the saturated fats.  I think you could get that from sources other than dairy.