Author Topic: hair turned yellow:(  (Read 1728 times)

Offline naturalmom

• Adept
hair turned yellow:(
« on: March 02, 2007, 09:30:43 PM »
i have a friend whose hair was like a dirty blonde color and she wanted it to be more
blonde....anyway she tried a creme lightening kit and now her hair is yellow
she calls it banana yellow
can she do something to it right away to take away some of the yellow
i really don't know what to tell her as i have never had blonde hair
any information would be appreciated:)
TIA
"If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under."  by Ronald Reagan
In God I Trust
My Intro

Offline lewisquiverfull

• Adept
Re: hair turned yellow:(
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 04:34:16 AM »
This is a little tricky. It will depend on where she got her lightener. If it is something from wal-mart then she should just get used to it, or go a little darker with a purple base to cut the yellow. Adjusting color is like the color wheel, to cut yellow- add purple, to cut red- add green/ash, etc.
I have my license to do hair, and the one thing I see with Wal Mart color is that they put metals in it to make is shiine. If you try to bleach that again, sometimes it will melt the hair BIG time.  :( And it is not consistent with results, expecially if you have a problem to cover up.
The reason it turned yellow was because she didn't leave it on long enough, or her hair was too dark for the lightener to lift to the desired color.
Every strand of hair (regardless of color) has 3 pigments in it, red, orange, yellow. Yellow being the biggest and hardest pigment to remove. It is also the last pigment to remove.
To see if you have gotten past the yellow pigment, spray a small area of hair and blot it with a towel to see what color it is before removing all the color. If it isn't done, replace color on the spot you removed it from and keep it on longer, until desired results, making sure you are watching the ends of hair for damage.
I would recommend going to a professional, if she wants it done right, but thats probably because I am one. But, that would almost guarantee that her hair will not look like a banana when she leaves.  :o
Sorry this is so long, if you have any questions, pm me. I wish I was near and I would help you out, I have a shop in my home and I don't charge near as much as anyone in town. (that is a big factor for me $$$)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: hair turned yellow:(
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 04:51:46 AM »
lewisquiverfull,

does that mean you can Henna my hair for me.  I hate doing it myself.  but then I'd have to hang out at your house and eat healthy cookies and drink herbal tea all day while we wait for the color to set.

;D
  My favorite herb book!!