Author Topic: Adrenal Supplements for nursing mothers  (Read 7501 times)

Offline Caroline

• Adept
    • New Little Blessing
Adrenal Supplements for nursing mothers
« on: May 16, 2006, 03:46:35 AM »
I'm sorry but I have one more question!  About two years ago I was diagnosed with low Adrenal Glands.  I was a nursing Mother at the time, then I became pregnant again, and now I am a nursing mother again.  :)  Does anyone have suggestions of what they have taken that has helped them?  I am always looking for new ideas of things to take!  I am not crazy about taking glandulars, I would rather use herbs but I am open to all ideas!  Thanks!
Caroline
www.newlittleblessing.com
Ergos, Pregnancy/Ovulation tests, Books, Modest Patterns, Modest Nursing covers, Baby and Child size slings and Vitamins!

Offline dara

• Master
Re: Adrenal Supplements for nursing mothers
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 04:15:33 AM »
There are herbal glandulars. Dr. Christopher makes a product called "Master Gland". I've never taken it long enough to know if it would help me or not. I just don't remember to take things.
"Write your hurts in the sand
and grave your blessings in stone."

Offline Fallmom

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 07:24:04 AM »
Does anyone know if natural adrenal supplements  are safe to take while nursing?  They are basically vitamin based with a few hebs like Rosemary, Ashwaganda, Rhodiola.  Thank you

Offline skelliott2

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 12:12:22 PM »
I don't know about those herbs specificallly, but if you question any of them, Mountain Rose Herbs is a great site to use for research.  You can look up an herb under products, and look at the contemporary information.  At the bottom of the information, it will list precautions, such as 'unsafe for pregnancy.'  That would be a good place to check any herb you are thinking of using. 

Offline Ruby

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 03:13:15 PM »
Vitamin C is probably the safest thing you can take while nursing.  I've read that vitamin C is more plentiful in the adrenal glands than anywhere else.  I read some really great articles on the adrenals & vitamin C in the past few months.  I'll see if I can locate them again.  Extra B complex is also excellent.  I'm using them both while nursing.  I take a lot of vitamin C and usually B complex three times a day along with my regular multi-vitamin.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 03:41:56 PM by Ruby »

Offline just jane

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 03:37:53 AM »
I second the Vit C.  I read that most of your C is used up in the adrenal gland.
The B's also are helpful, however, I must warn you that my baby wouldn't nurse nice at all when I was taking the B's.   You can experiment with that.  I would start out a little more slowly with the B's. 

Coffee and caffeine are really hard on the adrenals as well.   And a good nights sleep (ok as good as possible wiht a  baby!)  is very good for the adrenals.
Try drinking a sleepytime tea every evening, that would be good for you and the baby.

I have had adrenal issues too.   Please read the adrenal thread if you haven't cause there is a lot of info on there.   Do not expect an overnite miracle, adrenals can take awhile to heal. 
God Bless.

Offline Fallmom

• Learning
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 08:57:24 AM »
thank you all for your help.  I will check into all the above.