Author Topic: Low Blood Sugar  (Read 3110 times)

Offline mexmarr

• Master
Low Blood Sugar
« on: May 16, 2006, 03:32:41 AM »
Although I have never been officially diagnosed as hypoglycemic (I've never gone to the doctor for it) I consently struggle with my blood sugar. I have to eat within 30-45 minutes of waking, or it starts to drop.  Even if I wake up at 4 am, and plan on going back to sleep, I have to run go get a snack.  I am doing better about preventing my blood sugar from dropping, but if I miss the warnings, I am in trouble.  If my blood sugar drops to a certain point, I have messed up the rest of my day.  Even if I bring it back up quickly, I am drained the rest of the day/

There is lots of info of keeping your blood sugar from dropping out there.  What I want to know is, what can I do once it has dropped?  Thanks!

Offline dara

• Master
Re: Low Blood Sugar
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 04:13:49 AM »
I haven't studied this much yet, though I should, 'cause my mom and I are both hypoglycemic, but here is what works for me... Keeping my blood sugar up is the most important, as you mentioned, but after it drops, I quick eat or drink something sweet (fruit juice is my favorite) followed by something with protien- cottage cheese, a little meat with toast, etc... and that stablizes it reasonably quickly, though I feel shaky the rest of the day too.
"Write your hurts in the sand
and grave your blessings in stone."

Offline Bethany

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 08:21:20 AM »
The protein idea is right on, but if you're looking for long-term help, you might want to do some more research. I used to really struggle with my blood sugar, which was complicated by the fact that I'm a student midwife, and couldn't always just eat because I needed. ("sorry--you can't have your baby yet..."  :P ) I ended up doing a longer fast, which almost completely resolved the problem for me. As I recall, Steve Tallent was the one who originally suggested the fast and had some ideas (he might have more to add to this thread), but as with anything else, it's important to do your own research and make your own responsible decisions.

Honey Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 09:05:11 AM »
I, too, had blood sugar problems for all my life. Then, I started taking SuperMom vits, quit sugar and yeast.  I am using Yeast Assassin and Tummy Tune-up to rid my body of yeast.  I no longer have ANY blood sugar problems-no cravings, no fatigue, no mood swings, nothing!  I feel normal!!  What I found is that years of antibiotics, birth control pills, and sweets gave me a huge yeast problem.  Maybe this might be something you could check?

Offline mexmarr

• Master
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 09:15:37 AM »
A long fast????  I can't imagine that.  How in the world could someone with low blood even remotely function on a fast?  I mean, I can;t even go from breakfast to lunch without getting shaky.  I am willing to consider it if I believed that it would help me, but what happens to my body during the fast?  How long whould it need to be?  I mean, I have a baby and toddler to take care of.  Would I physically be able to handle it?  I would love more information!

What is yeast assassin and tummy-tune-up?  I am new here, and these are two products that keep popping up.  But I haven't quite figured out what the are and where to get them.  Thanks for your help!

Offline Bethany

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 09:43:21 AM »
I fasted for nine days as I recall, though I chose a time when I had very few responsibilities. It was very difficult, and not for everyone, but it worked amazingly for me.

Offline jenny4wen

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 09:52:04 AM »

What is yeast assassin and tummy-tune-up?  I am new here, and these are two products that keep popping up.  But I haven't quite figured out what the are and where to get them.  Thanks for your help!

Yeast assassin and tummy-tune-up are wonderful products you can buy at www.beeyoutiful.com

You can find lots of information at the listed website! 
I'm smiling! :D