Author Topic: Ankle Pain and Swelling: I need help.  (Read 12563 times)

Offline mercy

• Thankful to be His and his.
  • Adept
Ankle Pain and Swelling: I need help.
« on: February 23, 2007, 05:14:31 AM »
When I turned 40, I got horribly sick and actually thought perhaps I was dying.  My symptoms were numerous, far to many to list here, but the worst ones were muscle inflammation in my left hip that was so painful it kept me from walking, pleurisy, open sores in my scalp and everywhere else coarse hair grows on the body,  my skin hurt across my back, and at the last a bacterial infection took over in my intestine and I had cramping and diarrhea and was passing nothing but blood.  It took a long time, but we finally discovered it was yeast when I took Nystatin for thrush that developed on my tongue and, lo and behold, all my symptoms began to improve.  Needless to say, I didn't stay on the Nystatin, but I did change my diet and have had only minor flair-ups since then. 
Recently, (I am 50 now) the pain in my left hip returned.  I recognized it as yeast, started taking the yeast assassin and probiotics and drinking garlic tea every day.  The hip is almost back to normal, but while it was improving I started noticing a very sharp, specific pain in my right ankle.  I figured it was more toxins from the yeast, so I just stayed the course.  But the ankle is not getting better, and this morning I woke up with the same pain, in the same place, in my left ankle!  The pain is just above the inside ankle bone and that spot is also very tender to the touch.  There is no swelling at the site of the pain, but there is swelling just below the ankle bone, and the swelling stops short of the arch in my foot.  There is no swelling nor pain anywhere else.  Walking on it actually makes it feel better, but I can't walk on it all the time because the pain just wears me out.  Is this just the getting worse before it gets better, or am I missing something here?  The hip pain began two months ago and started to improve right after I started taking the stuff to kill the yeast.  I've been treating the yeast for about a month now, and have had the pain in my right ankle for about 2 weeks. 
Psalm 73:25 Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Ankle Pain and Swelling: I need help.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 06:51:15 AM »
If you suspect you're having trouble with yeast, you may also have leaky gut, or you may just be low in healthy fats.  Read the following links for more info.

Boosting Your Immune System:  Avoiding Illness
Leaky Gut:  The Cause of it All?
I Think I Have Candida and/or Leaky Gut:  What Now?
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline mercy

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 12:40:03 PM »
Thanks for the links, HB.  I am new to this site and somewhat technologically challenged, so having these links right there was a real help.  I've already checked out each of these.  Hopefully something there will help my ankles, and the rest of me too. :)
Psalm 73:25 Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.

Offline RB

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 12:55:13 PM »
Seeing a Dr. might give you peace of mind. 
My mother has a problem  with her ankle swelling and getting really sore.  (She has minor arthritic conditions.)  Anyways she bought a mini rebounder and it has greatly helped her!  http://www.needak-rebounders.com/jump.html
Blessing's,
   RB
Whatsoever things are lovely ...think on these things.  Phil. 4:8

Offline mercy

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 04:47:51 AM »
Thanks, RB.  I actually saw something like this when I was trying to find out what to do for my husband's somewhat spastic colon.  He has been trying it and thinks it has helped.  I will be trying it too (though I can't imagine how since it hurts to put any pressure on either of my ankles ???). 

Offline mercy

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 06:10:01 AM »
Please, please help me figure this out.  OK, I must be doing something wrong, because the swelling and pain in my ankles are NOT getting any better.  My family and friends actually encourage me to sit down (even though I tell them that walking seems to help a little) because they can't stand to watch me.  "It looks so painful! :o"  they all say. 
Here's what I am doing:  no sugar at all (not even honey in my garlic tea), only a slice of fresh ground ww made from scratch bread every other day, no starchy foods, lots of fresh vegetable soup and salads.  I am taking Yeast Assassin, TT, TT Acidophilus Blast, Immune Boost 3, Rosehips C, SuperMom, Evening Primrose Oil, black cohosh, dandelion, red clover, oregon grape root, cascara sagrada, and garlic tea every day.  I walk as much as I am able, but the pain wears me out pretty fast.  We have a trampoline, and I was going to try bouncing, (not jumping), but I can't even get on it since it hurts to lift my ankles just as much as it does to walk on them.  They are about three times their normal size and bright red where the inside ankle bones used to be visible.  Except for having very loose stools about three times each day since the day after the left ankle started to hurt too, I feel great and am raring to go.  I am reluctant to go to the doctor (especially in my houseshoes ;D) since it was following the doctor's advice that got me so sick the first time.  I don't want to go back to hurting this bad all over like I used to!  Suggestions, anyone?

Offline mercy

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 06:46:15 AM »
Please, please help me figure this out.  I'm sorry to start this as new, but I really need some help and I've only gotten two replies so far in 4 or 5 days. OK, I must be doing something wrong, because the swelling and pain in my ankles are NOT getting any better.  My family and friends actually encourage me to sit down (even though I tell them that walking seems to help a little) because they can't stand to watch me.  "It looks so painful! "  they all say.  
Here's what I am doing:  no sugar at all (not even honey in my garlic tea), only a slice of fresh ground ww made from scratch bread every other day, no starchy foods, lots of fresh vegetable soup and salads.  I am taking Yeast Assassin, TT, TT Acidophilus Blast, Immune Boost 3, Rosehips C, SuperMom, Evening Primrose Oil, black cohosh, dandelion, red clover, oregon grape root, cascara sagrada, and garlic tea every day.  I walk as much as I am able, but the pain wears me out pretty fast.  We have a trampoline, and I was going to try bouncing, (not jumping), but I can't even get on it since it hurts to lift my ankles just as much as it does to walk on them.  They are about three times their normal size and bright red where the inside ankle bones used to be visible.  Except for having very loose stools about three times each day since the day after the left ankle started to hurt too, I feel great and am raring to go.  I am reluctant to go to the doctor (especially in my houseshoes :D ) since it was following the doctor's advice that got me so sick the first time.  I don't want to go back to hurting this bad all over like I used to!  Suggestions, anyone?

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 07:02:30 AM »

My MIL has edema because of poorly functioning kidneys due to cancer.  She is taking cornsilk and dandelion tinctures twice daily to get rid of the swelling/water that accumulates in her ankles.  I would recommend you get these two tinctures.  Start by taking ten drops of each in the AM.  See how your ankles look, then do it again in the PM if necessary.  You can do this daily until the swelling goes away.  I haven't seen your other posts but I would be concerned about why this is happening.  Edema generally is related to kidney function (unless you're pregnant  ;D). 

HTH

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

YoopreMama

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 07:11:58 AM »
I'm so sorry!   :(

My DH had something like that happen on 1 ankle several years ago in MT. I'm trying to recall what caused it.  This sounds familiar to me, but I can't place it.  It's not gout, is it?

I had my feet terribly swollen w/ pre-eclampsia, which was related to kidney troubles/overloaded liver. 

Do you soak them in Epsom salts?  Keep them elevated?  I'll see what IU can dig up!

Praying for you!

http://familydoctor.org/x2591.xml
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003104.htm
http://edition.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/DS/00450.html

Offline jessyru

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 07:35:25 AM »
I was going to mention gout also or perhaps cellulitis?? Swelling is a bit different from edema. Edema is related to fluid overload whereas swelling is more related to inflammation. You can tell the difference between edema and swelling by pressing your finger into the swelling--if it leaves an indent, it it likely edema/fluid-related. Cellulitis is an infection of the tissues under the skin (point of entry could be as small as a pinhole)... Gout is auto-immune... Edema is more serious, likely from a systemic condition (heart, kidney). I would definitely elevate those legs, preferably above your heart. It does seem that a doctor's visit is in order at least to attempt to diagnose the problem/get a second opinion then you can work to treat it with this new information.
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
~1 Thessalonians 5:21

Offline mercy

• Adept
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 07:54:12 AM »
Thanks for the prayers, and the responses.  I feel better just knowing someone else cares enough to try to help. 
Yes, I have been putting them up, though maybe not high enough.  So far it hasn't seemed to help.  When I press my fingers against them--which is no small feat (pun intended)--the impressions does not linger, so it would not seem to be edema.  I too had pre-eclampsia with my 5th pregnancy (14 yrs. ago) and my legs swelled all the way up to my thighs then, far worse than what I am having now.  But even though they were so swollen then, they didn't hurt like they do now.  It seems there is one particular spot just above the inside bone on each ankle that is so tender I can't even bear to pass my hand over it.  It is bright red in each spot.  Gout crossed my mind too, but I thought that was something you got if you were overweight.  I am 5'8" and weigh 130 lbs.  Frankly, I don't really know what gout is--something about a buildup of uric acid? ???  I'll go look it up.  If it is cellulitis, wouldn't the garlic tea be helping by now?  Should I try garlic poultices?

I just checked out the links Yoopermama sent (thanks so much!) and I think I can conclude this not edema. It fits the symptoms of both gout and cellulitis.  I do not fit the profile of people who are predisposed to gout, except that I have been taking extra B-vitamins.  The site said too much niacin can cause gout.  They also said men are more likely to get gout than women, and when women do they are usually past menopause; I am not past menopause (yet).  I don't eat any of the foods they mentioned, so it is looking more like it is cellulitis.  Except that it seems unlikely I would have it in both ankles.  At any rate, their solutions were anti-inflammatories and medicines to flush out the uric acid crystals for gout, and anti-biotics for the cellulitis.  For sure I am not doing either, since I know for sure I am fighting candida.  So, anyone know any alternative treatments for gout?  I am going to try some garlic poulitices along with my tea, and we'll see if that helps.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 08:23:16 AM by mercy »

Offline titus2wam

• Adept
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 09:22:33 AM »
About gout, my DH and almost everyone in his family have bouts of it. everyone of them is different his dad is thin and very strickt with his diet and he suffers the worst. Food does not trigger my husbands but stress and illness does. My SIL seems to get it from stress also. So this only means that the stats are not always right!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had what you are describing in my ankles and i did the master cleanse which was a very dramatic eye opener i had no idea the water i retained all over my body. Since the cleanse i am still having to drink 3 quarts of the lemon aid stuff to continue getting the stuff out. I do not put the maple syrup in the lemon aid and only use the pepper once a day. Garlic soaks on the painful areas helped greatly.

SO gout or cellulitis, you want to flush the body of the toxins in the kidneys because anytime there is swelling in the lower extrimities the kidneys are involved. And go from there.

HTH
In HIM
Jeri in NM
Life with basething!! ahhhhhh! :>) don't ya wannna come along?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 11:39:03 AM »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline mercy

• Adept
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 12:24:33 PM »
Jeri, thanks for telling me about your DH's family.  Gout is definitely a possibility.  I read about the master cleanse this morning and I think it would be a good idea.  I have just spent the last hour lying down with my ankles above the level of my head, a garlic poultice on each ankle and a heating pad on low over that.  The right ankle does look less swollen, not as red and feels better; the left ankle is about the same except the redness has diminished somewhat and it itches!  Hope that's a sign of healing!

Two more questions from this technologically challenged, computer ignorant lady:  what is HTH?  and what does BUMP mean?

Offline jessyru

• Adept
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 02:53:33 PM »
Bump is a way of 'bumping' your topic to the top of the home page so that it is the first thing people see when they come to welltellme. It helps you get more answers to your questions.  HTH means "Hope that helps!" :) Here is a link to some common abbreviations-- http://techdictionary.com/chat.html

This looks like pretty good article on gout: http://www.health911.com/remedies/rem_gout.htm

Offline RB

• Adept
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2007, 03:09:01 PM »
Whatsoever things are lovely ...think on these things.  Phil. 4:8

Offline mercy

• Adept
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 07:09:19 PM »
Thanks Jessyru and RB.  I have added the links you sent me to my favorites for quick reference.  You have both been so kind to help me; I really appreciate it. 

Now for a quick update.  My mother came for a short visit this afternoon, took one look at my ankles and told me she thought it was cellulitis.  She insisted I go lay down and put my ankles above the level of my head, which I did.  After she left, I asked my 12 yr.old daughter to make a garlic poultice for each ankle.  We put them on, then covered them with two heating pads turned on low, and I took a nap.  When I woke up, I could not tell that the swelling was down very much, but the redness had definitely diminished and there was definitely less pain.  Encouraged by the results, I did it again after supper.  Now I can tell that the swelling is definitely less--my right ankle is almost normal and the pain is minimal, definitely something I can function with.  The left ankle is probably two times its normal size, down from three.  The redness is now pinkness (is that even a word?), and the pain is probably 40% less.  I still limp dreadfully, but I don't groan and gasp with every step, like I have been.  I do REEK though! I'm going to bed now (if DH can stand to be in the same room with me!).  I'm anxious to see how it will be in the morning.  If I can get my feet well enough to go to the store, I will get some coconut oil and make goot, so I can keep garlic on it all the time.  Bet the smell of me will turn a few heads in the store though... ;D

Offline jessyru

• Adept
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 04:46:22 AM »
Glad to hear things are getting better! If it is cellulitis, elevation is key. Just took care of lady last night who had candida cellulitis (not that common in my experience-usually it's strep or staph) and they were treating it intravenously as well as topically. Usually, staph or strep cellulitis is simply treated intravenously so you are (I'm guessing) doing well to treat internally with everything you are taking as well as topically with the garlic/goot. You may want to outline the redness to make sure that it is receding. Cellulitis can be very serious.

Offline mercy

• Adept
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007, 05:18:03 AM »
Good morning everyone! :)  When I got up this morning, my ankles hurt just as bad as ever, but the swelling was much better than yesterday.  There is only a very small spot of pinkness left in the right ankle, but it seems to have spread in the left ankle.  Though it was painful to do so, the more I walked on them the better they felt, so I made it a point to keep moving around the house.  Jessyru, am I hurting them to do this?  Should I be staying off them as much as possible?  They hurt the most when I put weight on them right after an extended rest, like half an hour or so--the longer the rest, the worse the pain.  Since there has been some favorable response to the garlic poultices, I tend to think it must be cellulitis, rather than gout.  Other than the garlic, I don't have a clue what to do... ???

Offline mercy

• Adept
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2007, 07:03:12 AM »
Update:  I am on the way to recovery!!! ;D ;D ;D  I think it might be a few days before the swelling goes down completely, but the pain is much less!  I spent most of yesterday with my feet above my head (well, you know what I mean!) and garlic poultices on my ankles.  Also drank garlic tea 4 times yesterday.  This morning is was sooooo much better!  Thanks so much to all of you who responded and came to my aid.  May our Saviour bless each of you a hundredfold!!! :-*

Offline Pastorswife2B

• Adept
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 07:07:16 AM »
I'm so glad to hear your getting better! hopefully this will kick it for good.

Offline mercy

• Adept
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2007, 06:51:29 PM »
Here's another update:  It's been 9 days since my last post--I've spent almost the whole time with my feet up (above the level of my heart), drinking garlic tea and slathering goot on my ankles.  Every day it gets better--unless I get up for longer than 15 minutes or so at a time.  Then the swelling gets worse and the pain returns.  This cellulitis is tenacious!  I am hoping it will be over soon, 'cause sitting this much is not good for the spine and the back side!   :D  Plus, who would have thought I could sit around and do next to nothing all day, and still lose seven pounds... ???  If anyone has suggestions on how to speed up this healing process, please let me hear from you!

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2007, 11:11:48 PM »
Glad to hear things are getting better! If it is cellulitis, elevation is key. Just took care of lady last night who had candida cellulitis (not that common in my experience-usually it's strep or staph) and they were treating it intravenously as well as topically. Usually, staph or strep cellulitis is simply treated intravenously so you are (I'm guessing) doing well to treat internally with everything you are taking as well as topically with the garlic/goot. You may want to outline the redness to make sure that it is receding. Cellulitis can be very serious.

I don't know anything about cellulitis but if I'm understanding this correctly, it's basically an infection that is caused by one of 3 things: staph (bacteria) strep (bacteria) or Candida (yeast/fungus). This being the case, if it were me, I would take Super Strength Oreganol from North American Herb & Spice & Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE). Both are antibacterial & antifungal. Garlic is as well but these are MUCH more potent. I have no doubt that the garlic has been helping & has probally been what has kept you off of IV but it sounds like you need something stronger to finish knocking it out. Both have been used to clear up antibiotic resistant infections.  You can find out more about Oreganol by entering Oreganol into WTM's search feature. I have a book about GSE (Grapefruit Seed  Extract by Louise Tenney) that states that it has been used to treat Vancomycin resistant infections. Vancomycin is Drs heavy duty, last ditch antibiotic. NutriBiotic is a standard brand of GSE at HFS & 2 oz is under $10. You use it by the drop so a 2 oz bottle goes a LONG way. Here's a link w/doseage info for GSE:

NurtiBiotic Doseage Info

Beeyoutiful carries GSE as well. If you have any of Beeyoutiful's GSE on hand, keep in mind that it's 2x's as strong as NuriBiotic's & adjust the doseage.  HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 07:47:33 PM by herbalmom »

Offline mercy

• Adept
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2007, 03:21:42 AM »
Thanks for the tip about Oreganol.  Can I take that while I'm still taking the Yeast Assassin?  Also, I'm a little hesitant about the GSE.  We have plenty on hand, but I read recently that GSE kills everything, including all the good flora in your gut.  I'm trying to nourish that (taking Tummy Tune-up Original and Acidophilus Blast).  Anyone got any thoughts on that?

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2007, 07:53:07 PM »
Thanks for the tip about Oreganol.  Can I take that while I'm still taking the Yeast Assassin?  Also, I'm a little hesitant about the GSE.  We have plenty on hand, but I read recently that GSE kills everything, including all the good flora in your gut.  I'm trying to nourish that (taking Tummy Tune-up Original and Acidophilus Blast).  Anyone got any thoughts on that?

I thought that I would bump your post since no one answered. Personally, my answer would depend on how bad it is. If it's really bad, you may need to take whatever it will take to knock it out & worry about the good flora later. It's still beats a hospital & IV antibiotics.

How are you doing? Is it getting any better? Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2007, 05:38:11 PM »

Bumping for Mercy again. Anyone have any input? Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline mercy

• Adept
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2007, 03:37:19 AM »
It is a lot better.  My ankles are not visibly swollen, though I can tell they are swollen in the joint.  It is still difficult to go up and down stairs (and we have a two story house!).  There is still just a little bit of tenderness at the site where it began on each ankle, though all the redness is gone.  I am still on the Yeast Assassin, Immune 3, and both Tummy-Tune-ups.  I also drink garlic tea twice a day, every day, and put goot on my ankles.  I'm also taking Supermom and EPO.  I have not gotten anything else because it is not in the budget to do so right now.  I developed what I thought was an unrelated problem with severe pain in my back and lungs every morning when I got up.  It didn't go away till I about 10:30 or 11 when I had been downstairs for a while.  Turns out the pain is from mold in the upstairs where we had storm/water damage to our roof and five rooms in the house.  The worst was in the master bath--right next to where I sleep.  We got some of the mold cleaned out two days ago, and the last two mornings have been sooo much better, though not back to normal.  It hurts my upper back to inflate my lungs even as I write this.  I think that somehow the mold also had an effect on my ankles, you know, the toxins collecting in the weakest parts.  Does that sound completely off the wall? ???  Anyway, I suspect that may be the reason they just won't seem to heal completely.  Any other ideas out there?

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2007, 12:33:15 PM »
It is a lot better.  My ankles are not visibly swollen, though I can tell they are swollen in the joint.  It is still difficult to go up and down stairs (and we have a two story house!).  There is still just a little bit of tenderness at the site where it began on each ankle, though all the redness is gone.  I am still on the Yeast Assassin, Immune 3, and both Tummy-Tune-ups.  I also drink garlic tea twice a day, every day, and put goot on my ankles.  I'm also taking Supermom and EPO.  I have not gotten anything else because it is not in the budget to do so right now.  I developed what I thought was an unrelated problem with severe pain in my back and lungs every morning when I got up.  It didn't go away till I about 10:30 or 11 when I had been downstairs for a while.  Turns out the pain is from mold in the upstairs where we had storm/water damage to our roof and five rooms in the house.  The worst was in the master bath--right next to where I sleep.  We got some of the mold cleaned out two days ago, and the last two mornings have been sooo much better, though not back to normal.  It hurts my upper back to inflate my lungs even as I write this.  I think that somehow the mold also had an effect on my ankles, you know, the toxins collecting in the weakest parts.  Does that sound completely off the wall? ???  Anyway, I suspect that may be the reason they just won't seem to heal completely.  Any other ideas out there?

Not off the wall at all. When I answered both this thread & the one about your back, it didn't click that it was the same person or I would have said something yesterday when I answered about your back. I get swelling in my ankles when I get exposed to mold- sometimes so bad I can barely walk. I also end up with joint pain- sometime it's so bad in my hands that I can hardly use them. A Dr would say it's arthritis & it may be but it's CAUSED by yeast & fungus in my body & when I get exposed to mold (or eat too much carbs- but that's another story) it flares up BIG TIME. During the worst of my problems, I was having my DS rub my ankles & feet OFTEN because they were so swollen & achy & my hands because they were so painful & stiff. He measures around my ankles w/his hands & monitors the swelling for me because I have found that if they start swelling I can take antifungals & the swelling will go down. ANYTIME I start taking antifungals again after not taking them for a while I know I will lose water weight. Time after time I have eaten LOTS of roasted garlic w/dinner (like half a bulb- gives me heartburn for a while but SOOOO.... good) & I spend half the night peeing- even when I don't think I'm retaining water.

Remember that Jessyru said that cellulitis can be caused by Candida? Candida, mold & fungus ALL put out mycotoxins & all cause illness, many times is ways you would never imagine.

The Immune 3 & garlic your taking are both antifungals & so are most vit & minerals so the Super Mom will help as well. GSE is a potent antifungal as well. I know your worried about destroying the good bacteria but if it were me I would get the whole family on it. Cleaning the mold will stir it up & the whole family is going to breath in A LOT more than they have been until it's all gone. Be sure to check out the link I gave for Envirocure on the other thread.

In case nobody answered your question- HTH means hope this helps. Blessings ~herbalmom
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 12:35:14 PM by herbalmom »

Offline mercy

• Adept
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2007, 04:07:20 AM »
This is all just blowing my mind!!  When my problem was just muscle pain in my hip, I started on the Yeast Assassin, Immune 3, garlic and all the other stuff right away (I was already taking the SuperMom every day) because I could tell it was candida.  When I got worse (my ankles involved too), I just assumed it was from die-off.  Then when my back started hurting (actually this was about the same time the cellulitis came up in my ankles), somehow I thought it was unrelated!  Seems all the pieces of the puzzle are finally dropping into place.  But I am gaping at the thought of how bad off I would be if I had not been taking all this anti-fungal stuff while I was getting worse.  My husband very wisely suggested the same thing you did this morning, that I get the whole family on it right away.
     You are so right about retaining fluid.  When I first had a big problem with candida (about 10 years ago) the first thing that happened when I began to treat it (by eliminating sugars and starches in my diet, and taking Nystatin) was that I lost 25 lbs. in 12 days!  Had to be fluid, of course.  I still see the same thing, though not so profound, in that I become very familiar with the bathroom when I am treating for candida. :D :D 
     But now for the next question:  When should I take the probiotics?   Should I wait till I am off the GSE, garlic, etc.?  Should I take the antifungals in the morning, and the probiotics in the afternoon?  What is the best way to maximize the benefits of each?

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2007, 01:40:15 PM »
Mercy, see my post on the other thread about your questions.

We keep referring to the other thread in our posts which might confuse other people & I know that both of us are jumping back & forth between the 2 threads so here's a link to make it easier to get to the other thread:

Upper back pain in the morning

HTH Blessings ~herbalmom