Author Topic: Reoccuring Staph Infection from Broken Bone  (Read 3604 times)

Offline Roehrmomma

• Master
    • Polished cornerstones
Reoccuring Staph Infection from Broken Bone
« on: February 27, 2007, 08:38:18 AM »
My friends daughter fell of a horse a few years back.It broke her arm at her elbow.Later a staph infection set in they got rid it and then it came back at least once they almost took her arm but took out a lot of tissue from her elbow and thought it was fine but it has now come back.Is there a good natural way to cure this so it doesn't get worse?We would like her to keep her arm. :D
Thank You! Em
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 12:17:18 PM by emily jean »

Offline Pastorswife2B

• Adept
Re: Reoccuring Staph Infection from Broken Bone
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 10:42:29 AM »
I would try Goot, if there's any kind of an 'open' property to it I would try Raw Honey.  Internal Raw garlic couldn't hurt anything.  I also think I've read (don't have a source for this right now) that echinacea can be good for staph.  HTH

-Heather
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 10:56:20 AM by Pastorswife2B »

Offline mercy

• Thankful to be His and his.
  • Adept
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 06:56:13 PM »
I second the goot idea and the internal garlic, but make sure it is fresh garlic.  Spread the goot on the sight of the infection, and and have her drink garlic tea up to 4 times a day. 
Psalm 73:25 Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 11:30:52 PM »
If it were me, I would take Super Strength Oreganol from North American Herb & Spice & Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE). Both are antibacterial & antifungal. I know that the Drs. say it's staph but there could be some yeast in there as well. Garlic is antibacterial & antiyeast/fungus as well but these are MUCH more potent. Both have been used to clear up antibiotic resistant infections.  You can find out more about Oreganol by entering Oreganol into WTM's search feature. I have a book about GSE (Grapefruit Seed  Extract by Louise Tenney) that states that it has been used to treat Vancomycin resistant infections. Vancomycin is Drs heavy duty, last ditch antibiotic. NutriBiotic is a standard brand of GSE at HFS & 2 oz is under $10. You use it by the drop so a 2 oz bottle goes a LONG way. Here's a link w/doseage info for GSE:

NurtiBiotic Doseage Info

Beeyoutiful carries GSE as well. If you or your friend have any of Beeyoutiful's GSE on hand, keep in mind that it's 2x's as strong as NuriBiotic's & adjust the doseage. 

They could also apply tea tree oil to the arm. Tea tree gets under the surface of the skin & kills bacteria & yeast. HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 07:45:43 PM »
Bump. Emily Jean, how is she doing? Does anyone else have any ideas? Blessings ~herbalmom