Author Topic: Lemonade Recipe  (Read 5219 times)

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
  • Wife, mom, motorcycle enthusiast, and chocoholic.
Lemonade Recipe
« on: February 21, 2007, 05:52:14 PM »
Does anyone have a lemoade recipe that doesn't require squeezing fresh lemons?  They're really expensive right now and it doesn't yield much juice.  I found some MinuteMaid concentrated lemon juice ($1.29) and mixed it with some water and hot water/dissolved succanat and it was NOT good.  Isn't lemonade just lemons, sugar, and water?

My son loves lemonade and it's either too expensive to buy fresh ($8 a gallon or more) or the concentrated lemoade mixes at the store all have corn syrup.  Thanks!
That's Shabby SHEIK not Shabby CHICK.  Hee-hee.

Offline CKSMOM

• Adept
Re: Lemonade Recipe
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 05:57:42 PM »
My honey's recipie is 1 1/2 cups lemon juice and 2 cups sugar to one gallon of water.  We love it.

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 06:09:09 PM »
Ours is:
3/4 cup lemon juice (from a bottle)
1 cup sucanat
6-1/2 cups water
a couple drops vanilla or almond extract

It's been a long while since we made this, but I think I remembered it correctly.
WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline Jlynn

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 08:05:01 PM »
I have used the Minute Maid's 100% purel Lemon Juice no preservatives of additives.  It is usually by the frozen juices at our store.  It doesn't taste quite as good as fresh, but can't tell too much of a difference IMHO!   
I make my lemonade with stevia for the sweetner.  1 tsp = 1 cup of sugar.   Sometimes I do 3/4 tsp stevia with a 1/8 of a cup of sugar/sucanat 
Also, another idea my mom does...when lemons are cheap and good, she buys a bunch and squeezes them and then freezes the juice in little bottles, taking them out as needed. She drinks lemon in water almost every day. 
"It becomes us to spend this life only as a journey toward Heaven....to
 which we should subordinate all other concerns of life.  Why should we
 labor for or set our hearts on anything else, but that which is our
 proper end and true happiness?" Jonathan Edwards

Offline MamaSong

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 02:52:26 AM »
Here's a link to my favorite lemonade recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Never-Bitter-Lemonade/Detail.aspx