Author Topic: Liver Function  (Read 90290 times)

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
Re: Liver Function
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2007, 03:11:42 AM »

HinO,   :)
Re: never being hungry...what happens if you wake up and don't eat for awhile (no juice, just water)?  I recall you saying something before about your blood sugar.

Oops, just now saw this!!  Um....I do eat, but I am really never hungry.  I don't know how it would affect my blood sugar.  Think it would make it worse?  If I ate only when hungry, then I would wake up in the morning and eat a meal at 11 am and wouldn't be hungry until 8pm.  That can't be good, but then I wouldn't be overloading my liver with excess food; which I feel I do. 
TO EAT OR NOT TO EAT  that is my question?!  ;D

Offline Mom2FourBlessings

• Adept
  • East TN mountains are our backyard.
    • Kiser Ridge Farm
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2007, 02:24:35 AM »
I just want to thank all of you for your contributions to this thread.. I have some friends with liver problems caused by hep c.. mother/daughter and we have been searching for the 4 years they have known for herbal remedies and such.. they both did interfuron (sp?) but it was too hard on the system.. the daughter has a very damaged liver probably due to her being 14 before the hep c was found and all the antibiotics, tylenol, etc they had her on as a child..

Anyway this is the most information I have EVER found in one place I have forwarded the information on to them.. If anyone has more information PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep it coming.. I am searching the old posts too in other areas... but any additional information or personal stories from people with Hep C is greatly appreciated.. you can PM me if you would like..

Thanks a bunch
Daughter of God, helpmeet to Joshua, mommy to four so far.. :)

YoopreMama

« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2007, 03:52:37 AM »
Mom2FourBlessings,

I'm glad this is helpful for you, too. :)  There is so much to learn!  If I find anything more, I'll certainly post it.

I'm delving into the skin troubles as it relates to liver health right now...why we itch...how to help that.  :(  I am tiring rapidly of this 3 month rash that I was attributing to detox/improved liver health (kicking stuff out better) but I'm beginning to wonder about my theory.   :-\

Blessings to you!

Offline Harpist

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2007, 08:24:20 AM »
Healty in Ohio,
I hope you receive this -- I'm new to posting, etc.   :-[

Would you be willing to explain the process you used for cleansing?  I'm not familiar with a lot of what you said.   I need recipes, etc.

Why the three months and then fasting?  Was this your choice or recommended by someone?  Also, was the fasting for one week?  And, fasting -- only water and tea for 7 days? :o

I appreciate your time and insight.
Harpist

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
Liver Function
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2007, 11:55:43 AM »
Healty in Ohio,
I hope you receive this -- I'm new to posting, etc.   :-[

Would you be willing to explain the process you used for cleansing?  I'm not familiar with a lot of what you said.   I need recipes, etc.

Why the three months and then fasting?  Was this your choice or recommended by someone?  Also, was the fasting for one week?  And, fasting -- only water and tea for 7 days? :o

I appreciate your time and insight.
Harpist

Hey Harpist,

A lot of what I have done has been trial and error and a lot of reading different books and such.  I have The How To Herb book and Prescription for Nutritional Healing that I would recommend. 
I started off with my first juice fast about four to five years ago and noticed that the "redness" in my face(rosacea) had gone away, but came back a few months later, so I just ended up doing a cleanse every 3 months. Some may need to do one once a week every month, while others that are healthy just twice a year.
I start off by eliminating all processed and sugared foods and just eat a "raw diet" for about 5-7 days and then do a juicing fruits and veggies fast for a few days to a week. (there are many juicing books at the library that I used).  I then do a coffee enema(boil 6 TBSP organic coffee in 2 QTs water for 15 min.  let sit until room temp and then strain 2 cups into an enema bag, insert and lay on right side for 15 min. before expelling), which will purge the liver of toxins.
Now, I am currently doing my raw food diet and some enemas before I start the Master Cleanse.  Hopefully, it will work for me this time.  Here it is if you want to try it:
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,334.0.html

I hope this helps some, but if not then you can PM me for more details.

Offline diaperswyper

• Adept
  • A DOUBLE BLESSING!!
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2007, 01:10:53 AM »
    I've been having terribly itchy skin on my legs and at the same time my itchy, scaly skin on my scalp is like an epidemic. I don't know what's going on, i drink beet kvass and kombucha and use coconut oil on my legs and i'm still itchy. Any idea's?

YoopreMama

« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2007, 01:32:18 AM »
diaperswyper-  :)

Hi!  I was reading some of your related posts on this the other day and wondering....I've dealt w/ rashes recently and have been all over WTM trying things.  I used to be up at night scratching my legs and belly and arms.   :'( 

What's been working is the dead sea salt baths or solution that I dab on (1/4 c. to 1 qt of water) and calendula petals gently simmered in extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)...applied after the bath (about 2x a day). Coconut oil is a no no for me and someone else...Fabulous stuff, but aggravated out skin.   :(

There are threads on "itchy" skin that you've probably discovered....(like during PG...itchy legs...) If I find ones, I'll link them.   :)

After 11 days on an allergy elimination diet, I notice that things are clearing, too.  I also switched laundry soap and shampoo...that helped.

Offline diaperswyper

• Adept
  • A DOUBLE BLESSING!!
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2007, 04:34:23 AM »
    Where do you buy your calendula petals? I make my own laundry soap and have used baking soda and vinegar on my hair and loved how my hair felt but i finally got desperate and bought some Neutrogena dandruff shampoo in hopes it would help. Do you use the dead sea salt and the calendula solution both or one at a time?

YoopreMama

« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2007, 05:43:20 AM »
Where do you buy your calendula petals? I make my own laundry soap and have used baking soda and vinegar on my hair and loved how my hair felt but i finally got desperate and bought some Neutrogena dandruff shampoo in hopes it would help. Do you use the dead sea salt and the calendula solution both or one at a time?
My local co-op sells them w/ bulk spices/herbs.  They're relatively easy to grow.

I think my homemade laundry soap w/ a bar containing coconut-based cleaner (Kirk's Coco Castile) may be aggravating my skin...grudgingly switched to ALL Allergy-Free for a bit.  I used the DSS stuff for really itchy spots to stop the itch...and used the calendula EVOO all over arms and legs where it was rashy.  After the DSS dried, I guess I'd apply oil a few hour later?  Right now I primarily bathe in the DSS and apply oil when I come out.

Offline westernmama

• Adept
    • Cheap Pregnancy Tests
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2008, 11:50:33 AM »
Yooper, I'm going to dig up your old thread here.  ;)  It has been terribly interesting to me to read up on my liver, what all it does, and how to gently cleanse it.  I have never had major issues with my liver or gallbladder and so am not doing a major flush.  But I have started some silymarin/milk thistle that I purchased from Puritan's Pride (probably not as good as Beeyoutiful's, but it was on sale). 

After about 4-6 weeks on milk thistle (1,000 mg per day) I have noticed a few things that I'm wondering if I can contribute it to a healthier liver.  My metabolism seems to have picked up.  I have lost about 3-4 pounds without cutting calories.  My bbt's have risen slightly.  And my luteal phase was 13 days instead of 10!  ;D  Can a healthier liver make your thyroid healthier?  I did read on here that a healthy liver balances hormones.

When I first began the milk thistle, I had mildly sharp pains in the region of my liver.  Nothing bad, but I would notice it once in a while.  They have pretty much subsided, though.  My bowels are also more regular - they say milk thistle stimulates more bile production which has a mild laxative effect.

I just know that I feel good!  :)  Maybe some of you ladies will be able to prove it's all in my head, but for now I'm going to let the milk thistle get the credit.  :D  I also just ordered Sandra Cabot's book off of Amazon and can't wait for it to get here.  I just may even get dh convinced to clean his liver! 

YoopreMama

« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2008, 01:25:01 PM »
After about 4-6 weeks on milk thistle (1,000 mg per day) I have noticed a few things that I'm wondering if I can contribute it to a healthier liver.  My metabolism seems to have picked up.  I have lost about 3-4 pounds without cutting calories.  My bbt's have risen slightly.  And my luteal phase was 13 days instead of 10!  ;D  Can a healthier liver make your thyroid healthier?  I did read on here that a healthy liver balances hormones.

When I first began the milk thistle, I had mildly sharp pains in the region of my liver.  Nothing bad, but I would notice it once in a while.  They have pretty much subsided, though.  My bowels are also more regular - they say milk thistle stimulates more bile production which has a mild laxative effect.

I just know that I feel good!  :)  Maybe some of you ladies will be able to prove it's all in my head, but for now I'm going to let the milk thistle get the credit.  :D  I also just ordered Sandra Cabot's book off of Amazon and can't wait for it to get here.  I just may even get dh convinced to clean his liver! 
That is so great to hear, westernmama!  :)  I think you can attribute MANY of those improvements to the increased performance of your liver.  Keep us posted!  ;D

Offline tokoyo7788

• Wide Eyed
    • http://www.liver-health.info
Treatment information of Liver diseases
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2008, 03:13:59 PM »
I am the administrator of the forum which provides discussion to patients with liver diseases (hepatitis c, fatty liver, liver cancer, liver cirrhosis, and NASH liver). You can get much useful information about liver health and let others share your experiences there. Welcome to visit http://www.liver-health.info/ and http://english.kenkyusho.com/
If you have any question about liver health, pls feel free to contact with us. Our email is kyotsujigyo@yahoo.cn.  Hope we can help you.
how to keep a healthy liver? http://www.liver-health.info

Offline Leah IL

• Adept
    • Hillman Acres
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2008, 01:53:48 AM »
Yesterday I started the 8 week "Liver Cleansing Diet" by Dr. Sandra Cabot.  I had been looking for information about why my abdomen would be bloated and found her website (http://www.liverdoctor.com/).  Then I searched her here.  Yooper had mentioned the book in the very beginning of this post.  Anyway, I read the excerpts she had posted, bought the book and am on day 2 today.  I set up a blog to log how it's going, if anyone is interested.

http://lcdjournal.blogspot.com/
Leah
Married to Ken 14 years, mom to Kenny (13), Kyle and Kaitlyn (11), Kevin (5) and Megan and Melissa (1 1/2)

My Intro: http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,1573.msg838.html#msg838

Offline its_me518

• Adept
  • Check out GenuineAid.com for Natural Health info.
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2008, 11:02:03 AM »
Hi everyone!!  :)

I have really enjoyed this thread!! So informative!! Thank you for everyone who provided the info & also the personal testimonies... (I LOVE testimonies!!)

Ok, so here's my question. I KNOW that the 8 week diet would be the BEST way to go.... BUT I know myself... and I will NEVER be able to do it. SO.... what's the NEXT BEST thing?? I REALLY need to clean my liver, so could any of you help me out & give me a "list".... For some reason, my brain has hard time "understanding" (my liver must be REALLY clogged!!  ::)  ) Anyway, if you could tell me exactly what herbs/supplements/teas/tinctures to take, and how much (mgs, cups,) of each... OH HOW I WOULD APPRECIATE IT!!!

What I have in mind right now is to get some dandilion tincture (had to drink it during pregnancy for messed up liver) and getting some EITHER Milk Thisle OR the Silyrman(sp?) stuff... I just don't know which one is actually better.....

So PLEASE HELP!!!  ???

Thank you sooo much!!!  :-*
http://www.GenuineAid.com is the Natural Health Blog for Nutrients and Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Berries, Nuts, Meats, Dairy, Herbs, and other Foods.

Offline its_me518

• Adept
  • Check out GenuineAid.com for Natural Health info.
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2008, 12:10:54 PM »

Ok, so I just looked at the Beeyoutiful Silymarin Liver Support. It has only 300mg Milk Thisle Extract... and some other ingredients. Is this not enough Milk Thisle? Do we need 1000mgs to actually work?
http://www.GenuineAid.com is the Natural Health Blog for Nutrients and Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Berries, Nuts, Meats, Dairy, Herbs, and other Foods.

Offline likemanywaters

• Adept
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2008, 03:02:10 PM »
Hi everyone!!  :)
...and getting some EITHER Milk Thisle OR the Silyrman(sp?) stuff... I just don't know which one is actually better.....

So PLEASE HELP!!!  ???

Thank you sooo much!!!  :-*

Milk Thistle and Silymarin are the same thing I believe. "Silymarin" is just the extracted Milk Thistle, right?

.... as to the other stuff, I suppose if I were to take an easy, basic approach, I'd start with, higher nutrient foods & "super" foods like bee pollen, cutting out junk of course, & just what you said dandelion & milk thistle. Watching my fats: as in how it is combined with emulsifiers (think lemon & acids) in the meal. There is so many simple things you can do too. Like lemon squeezed in water sipped before a meal helps your liver. I know there are more like that, but they slip my mind for now... Not that this is medical advice you know, just things I've heard of.  :) The others are the Liver experts on this thread.
And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.

-Ezekiel 43:2

Offline tokoyo7788

• Wide Eyed
    • http://www.liver-health.info
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2008, 10:02:32 PM »
we think, keys for patients with liver disease are:
1) To find the treatment that suitable for your disease condition.
2) To believe there really a treatment in the world accorded with your need.

Some helpful info may be found in the site http://www.liver-health.info
Hope everyone has a healthy liver.
how to keep a healthy liver? http://www.liver-health.info

Offline snickerdoodle

• Master
« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2008, 06:48:40 AM »
My husband just had blood tests done for his job and the doctor sent my husband back a letter stating that his liver function test was high and he needed to stop drinking beer. 

My husband doesn't drink beer... or any other type of alcohol.

So he went to the doc, told them this info, and they reviewed his previous three year tests.  My husbands liver function test (I gotta figure out the tech terms on that.) has steadily increased over a three year period.

My husband was born jaundaced.  Has had asthma and allergies his whole life and has been on medication for his asthma and allergies since he was 3-4...  He suffers from basically all the symptoms listed on this thread related to liver disease/dysfunction.  (and is on medication to treat most of these various symptoms... treating the symptoms and not the root... I know)

I know getting him off of meds would be super good for him.  He's reluctant.  No make that adamant.  He believes his asthma med's keep him alive (and they have)... but from what I'm reading here, the liver dysfunction may be the underlying cause for his asthma in the first place.  So his liver dysfunction has caused astham.  The meds to treat his asthma have aggravated his liver and then his liver aggravates his asthma more so that he needs more meds... vicious cycle, huh? 

Well, first things first I guess. I'm so glad you guys are here to bounce things off of.  (he did ask me to research this...)  So...  looks like a good start would be to cut the coffee and sugar from his diet.  Lemon in warm water before meals.  Add in ginger, dandelion and milk thistle as supplements, and maybe do a cleanse.  I'm going to pick up this Liver cleansing diet book at the library today. 

I'll try to keep you all updated on how this is all working out.  If you run across any more good info, please!!!  pm me when you post it. 

Thanks all for the info you've posted!

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2008, 08:11:47 AM »
Denim&Lace-- Trader Joes has a wonderful Milk Thistle supplement, it contains Turmeric and Dandelion. If you don't have Trader Joes you could probably find something similar. If not, try to add Turmeric to meals. It is very good for the Liver. I sprinkle it on many common things, ie eggs, green peas, rice, lentils.  It tastes better to have some butter or other healthy fat included.
You seem to be on the right track  :).  Small meals is also important so the liver won't be taxed.
"in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes. 5:18

Offline ~esposita~

• Master
    • Family Fotos
« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2008, 08:18:56 AM »
denim&lace, I am by NO MEANS an expert but here are the ideas I thought of:

(1) My DH has a friend that had liver cancer and is now lacking part of his liver.  He just started taking a 'liver tonic' with hopes that it will (a) boost his liver function and (b) help rebuild/recreate healthy liver cells.  To my limited knowledge, the ingredients in this tonic can be taken by anyone for any length of time and won't be detrimental to someone's health (if someone knows otherwise, please pipe up!)

Liver Tonic Recipe:  (He is taking it in tincture form.)

4 parts Milk Thistle
2 parts Dandelion
2 parts Alfalfa
1 parts Red Clover
1/2 parts Fennel

(2)  If he is interested in doing a cleanse, what about a liver flush?
In my understanding, based on the research of others (thanks, WTM!) you should not do a serious cleanse (ie. the Master Cleanse) if you have a compromised liver with out FIRST flushing your liver. 

Just some thoughts to get you thinking!  Keep us posted!

HTH!
My attempt at blogging:  The Carpenter's Wife

Offline snickerdoodle

• Master
« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2008, 11:53:49 AM »
Thanks Ladies for that info. 

I don't think my husband will be doing any major cleansing anytime real soon.  Here a little, there a little.  He's not big on change. ;)

He did say he wanted to start walking for exercise 3-4 times a week.  I was  :o  to say the least.  Glad, but shocked.

I'll add that tumeric in on meals.  I ordered several things from Beeyoutiful for him.  I know he's a yeast factory (he admits to this too) and has don antibiotics several times this past year.  His immune system is pretty taxed.

Ack!  I could get ahead of myself so easy.  I gotta remember this is for HIM, not me.   :P  I'd be jumping in with both feet... he's content to dangle his big toe in the water for a while to see what the water's like. 

Offline snickerdoodle

• Master
« Reply #111 on: July 10, 2008, 05:17:28 PM »
I picked up a book called "Liver Cleansing Handbook; How to keep your liver happy" at the library.  It's by Rhody Lake. 

This is a neat little book that kind of seems to condense and simplify all the information from this thread and the other Liver cleanse diet book.  This one also has several recipes in it. 

http://www.amazon.com/Liver-Cleansing-Handbook-Natural-Health/dp/1553120043

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2008, 04:06:34 AM »
denim&lace

Do you make kombucha?  You might consider getting this one perfected.  It's very good for the liver and also the digestive tract (good flora).  ForeverGirl has researched the effects of this reversing the bad effects on alcohol.  It can actually make a person "less drunk" when drinking.  I think this might be a great way to ease your hubby into good health.  If you get the brew just to his liking, he'll most likely feel better and he'll be less likely to drink sodas (if he does??).  My hubby went from drinking a couple of cases of pop a week to about a 12 pack a month once we started making kombucha and I quit drinking pop altogether.  I know this isn't the main point but just to let you know how well it works.  The other good thing is it's cheap.  You need only pay for teabags and depending on your water quality, you may need to purchase a few gallons of water a week. 

I've not heard of any adverse effects when taking meds and drinking kombucha, and I've not noticed any - I'm currently taking an antihistamine (hopefully temporary) -- but I suppose you might want to check into this possibility just to be sure.   :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 04:08:19 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2008, 07:04:33 AM »
denim&lace

Do you make kombucha?  You might consider getting this one perfected.  It's very good for the liver and also the digestive tract (good flora).  ForeverGirl has researched the effects of this reversing the bad effects on alcohol.  It can actually make a person "less drunk" when drinking.  I think this might be a great way to ease your hubby into good health.  If you get the brew just to his liking, he'll most likely feel better and he'll be less likely to drink sodas (if he does??).  My hubby went from drinking a couple of cases of pop a week to about a 12 pack a month once we started making kombucha and I quit drinking pop altogether.  I know this isn't the main point but just to let you know how well it works.  The other good thing is it's cheap.  You need only pay for teabags and depending on your water quality, you may need to purchase a few gallons of water a week. 

I've not heard of any adverse effects when taking meds and drinking kombucha, and I've not noticed any - I'm currently taking an antihistamine (hopefully temporary) -- but I suppose you might want to check into this possibility just to be sure.   :)

Great advice HB.  Kombucha was the first thing that got my "sluggish" liver on the road to recovery.   
"in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes. 5:18

Offline keplersaunt

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2008, 07:50:52 AM »
I know I read about a cod liver oil compress applied on the right side for liver support.  I can't find it now of course.  I had elevated liver enzymes from my last blood test.  I thought that clo would be good to use as a compress, but reading earlier in this thread, it was mentioned that you should avoid clo when your liver is damaged.  So for a damaged liver, I should not be using it?  I am confused. ???

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #115 on: November 02, 2008, 04:36:19 PM »
I have a comment on the previous post of:

"Don't eat if you're not hungry"

I am always never hungry.  I honestly eat out of habit.  If I ate because of hunger then I would probably eat a couple handfulls of something.  That can't be healthy, can it?

hey HIO--i know this is really old, but i found this when reading some old threads, trying to decide what to do with adzuki beans!  i just wanted to comment, i had gotten to a point with yeast cleansing of doing the same thing.  it was time to cook for my family so i would just eat with them.  since i went off of all that protein, that was really not being processed well by my body, and cleansed out my bowels with Dr Schulze's detox, i get hungry again!  i'm not completely well yet, as i have plenty to deal with yet, but just figured it was something to think about for ya.  is that still true for you (the not getting hungry) or did you find a remedy?
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2008, 02:15:37 AM »
  is that still true for you (the not getting hungry) or did you find a remedy?

That could quite be a possibility.  I've been more careful about making myself not eat when hungry, though.  Going away from the table, etc.  That way I don't over eat for any reason.

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2008, 04:00:46 AM »
I know I read about a cod liver oil compress applied on the right side for liver support.  I can't find it now of course.  I had elevated liver enzymes from my last blood test.  I thought that clo would be good to use as a compress, but reading earlier in this thread, it was mentioned that you should avoid clo when your liver is damaged.  So for a damaged liver, I should not be using it?  I am confused. ???
I am slightly confused as well. This is mentioned with almost all herbs, B vits, CLO- anything that would stimulate cleansing and detox. I have made the hypothesis that this is because any time the body starts to cleanse and release toxins, they have to be processed by the liver. Of course if the liver is already congested or damaged this is going to tax it further. The liver will not be able to eliminate the toxins now circulating in the body actually causing more harm.
 My solution for this would be to start very slowly making a gentle liver cleansing action the first goal. I have several ideas, but don't feel qualified to recommend them yet.  HTH

Offline Melie

• Master
« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2008, 06:35:31 AM »
Thanks for starting this thread, Yooper.  I plan to read the whole thing on a long drive today (my husband's driving :) ). 
I have a question though that maybe someone can answer for me.  I am 31 wks pregnant and have been having terrible itching mostly on my legs at night for a little under a week now.  I started researching and began to wonder if I have Cholestasis of pregnancy.  It's a liver problem in which "Pregnancy hormones affect gallbladder function, resulting in slowing or stopping the flow of bile. The gallbladder holds bile that is produced in the liver, which is necessary in the breakdown of fats in digestion. When the bile flow is stopped or slowed down, this causes a build up of bile acids in the liver which can spill into the bloodstream. ".  I went to the Dr. thursday and she had never heard of it and thought maybe I had bug bites or foliculitis.  I'm quite sure it's neither.  I have been having symptoms of a gall bladder problem anyways.
Well, they took blood to do a liver function test and other tests and they also did an ultrasound.  The ultrasound test came back 'unremarkable' which is great but they forgot to read the blood test.  I am wondering if having a clean ultrasound probably means that the blood test will be okay?  Would you be able to see on an ultrasound if the bile acids were spilling into the bloodstream.  I'm impatient to know this because this disease can be very bad, even fatal for the baby and usually results to an early induction. 
Also, the Dr. and my midwives have told me to stop taking all supplements which makes me feel a little hopeless to do anything to help.  They said it would just put added stress on my liver.  One midwife told me I could keep taking peppermint for indigestion and dandelion.
I hope I'm wrong and we have bugs in the house that are only biting me. ::)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 06:39:04 AM by Melie »

Offline Melie

• Master
« Reply #119 on: December 14, 2008, 06:23:57 AM »
Can anyone tell me if a liver was spilling bile acids into your bloodstream, would this show up on an ultrasound?  Or would only a blood test show this information?