Author Topic: Chronic Sinusitis! Could allergies be the culprit???  (Read 25292 times)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Chronic Sinusitis! Could allergies be the culprit???
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2007, 04:36:05 AM »
I would agree, when the mucous begins to thin, you are at the tail end of it.  Hang in there.  I would drink lots of water and maybe eat some garlic to help relieve any swelling in the nose.  You might also consider some garlic oil in your ear.  You've probably got the beginning of an ear infection or the blockage in your ear could be causing you problems in the throat and sinuses...and the oil should help break up the ear wax as well.  JMHO.  :)

My favorite herb book!!

Offline maideninwaiting

• Adept
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2007, 09:38:36 AM »
Oh, what encouraging news! Thanks so much for replying! Today, my nose has not run as much and it more "stuffy". I'm continuing with the peroxide flush.
"I am the LORD: For they shall not be ashamed that wait for me." Isaiah 49:23

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2007, 09:39:50 AM »
Oh, what encouraging news! Thanks so much for replying! Today, my nose has not run as much and it more "stuffy". I'm continuing with the peroxide flush.
Eat some more garlic.  Raw, chopped small and swallowed like pills (2-3 cloves).  This opens up my nose within minutes.  Love it.  Love it.  Love it.

Hope you feel better soon. 
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline maideninwaiting

• Adept
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2007, 06:47:09 PM »
It seems I am getting worse... again  :'(
Saturday, the mucus thickened up a bit and my nose got stuffy. Yesterday, it was kind of a so-so day with more sneezing and today, my nose was so blocked I couldn't make it budge when trying to sniff with all my might. It ran slightly as well. Tonight, I began developing a cough and my throat is now irritated and raw from it. It feels as though its heading toward my chest again. I've been flushing my nasal passages with saline solution all day. I have forgotten how it feels to have a clear head. I don't know what else to do. I'm beginning to worry something is severely wrong. I need prayers more than anything right now. I won't have free days to do a cleanse until summer. Thanks for your prayers. He is our Healer.
"I am the LORD: For they shall not be ashamed that wait for me." Isaiah 49:23

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2007, 02:59:39 AM »
Try 'snorting' some colloidal silver and gargling with it.  Be careful of too much or you will get the runs!

Just thought of something else...try some cayenne pepper if you can stand it.  Just put it in or on something and hold it in your mouth as long as you can stand it and then swallow.  This could get some of that residual stuff moving.  You might also check out the oil pulling thread.  Some of the girls have had major mucous loosen when they did that!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 03:19:10 AM by T »

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2007, 05:04:31 AM »
If there is any information the members in this forum can provide to help you get through this, I'm sure you'll find it in this thread or in one of the threads listed below. 

Cold, Cough, Phlegm, Congestion & Sore Throat Remedies
Sinus Infections:  Causes & Cures
Bronchitis
Healing Damaged Lungs
Cold Induced Asthma

Sinus infections can be very nasty and can have a very long duration if you have a compromised immune system.  I would do whatever you can to get yourself well and then consider what you can do to prevent such extreme symptoms in the future.  I used to suffer for weeks at a time with sinus infections and/or bronchitis, but since following alot of advice on this forum and some research I've done myself, my immune system is pretty strong and viruses seem to be a short lived nuisance rather than a life altering illness.

Candida / Yeast: Symptoms & Cures
Candida Cleanse Without Supplements
Foods to Eat While Taking Yeast Assassin [or Other Antifungals]
Natural Antifungals
Leaky Gut:  The Cause of it All?
I Think I Have Candida and/or Leaky Gut:  What Now?

I hope you fell better soon.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline NotLuckyButBlessed

• Adept
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2008, 11:07:29 AM »
My husband gets this fairly regularly. It almost always eventually turned into bronchitis for him. His immune system had always been weak, since I have known him. A few years ago I started giving him Colloidal Silver in a nasal applicator style bottle. It cleared up alot faster and never turned into bronchitis. I believe it is allergies. He was tested by the allergist but it came back as negative to pretty much everything. Am now waiting for results from his delayed immune response blood test. Especially if it happens yearly, and around the same time each year, I would suspect a specific plant or mold/mildew allergy.

My dh's immune system is also greatly improved as of late, I think by drinking goat's milk -- but I will see if there is a goat milk thread and post details there. 

About once a year, my husband gets a "sinus infection", according to the doctor.  His symptoms include:
Drainage in the back of his throat
Maybe a soar throat/maybe not
Dry cough (because of the tickle from the drainage)
Dr. says his nose is stopped up, but he doesn't feel it

He has this again and it started on Sunday.  Is this actually what this is?  If so, is there another way that it can be treated besides antibiotics?  Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks so much...
View my blog at www.ButIHadATiara.blogspot.com
(private, request an invite by messaging me:)

"Sometimes we fear that fighting for what is right will kill us. Then it occurs to us that to stand by and do nothing out of self-preservation is to be dead already". ~ Beth Moore

Mom to treasured XXXXYX

Offline prolifeguyswife

• Adept
    • Colorado's Personhood Amendment 2008
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2008, 04:09:11 PM »
One of the best things I've found for my chronic sinus issues and terrible sinus headaches is called "Euphorbium nasal spray". I think they just changed the name to something else, but you can still ask for it at the health food store. It works every time, but sometimes it takes a lot of sprays!

Offline Chogan

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2013, 02:16:10 AM »
I spent a few years off and on antibiotics before I knew the dangers.  Every time I changed environments or breathed I had a sinus infection.  I would look into what HB said very closely.  I started by going cold turkey off the antis and taking large doses (2 high mlg. medicine with each meal) of vitamin c.  That helped a great deal.  Vitamin C is not toxic and you can take it until it causes diarrhea.  (I found out the candida from the antis was making me infertile.)  Recently I have done a water cleanse to rid myself of candida.  The candida was caused by diet and antis.  Anything that turns to sugar exacerbates it.  I drank (chugged) 3/16 oz. glasses of water an hour before each meal for 10 days.  I ate as I normally would except eliminated all known sugars.  This really purged my system of googies!  I have 'snorted' colloidal silver for any nasal congestion or post nasal drip and have not been sick all year.  I have done some research on cayenne pepper and read that combined with garlic, it is as good as penicillin.  I haven't had to do that.  When I went cold turkey off the antis, I had some major sinus problems but toughed them out.  I was miserable then, but it has made all the difference since then.  I would take some cayenne something...I ate some yesterday for a headache and it was gone in minutes...and see if it helps through the dt's.  Hope this is helpful for you.  By the way, you have to limit your future sugar intake or it can all come back and I'd take the probiotic or eat lots of good PLAIN yogurt.  You will acquire a taste for it.

Oh yeah...my allergies are allmost non existant!

That is good to hear my friend.I Hope now your feeling good with your health.take care
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 05:57:21 PM by Chogan »