Author Topic: Natural Methods for Cleansing/Chelating Heavy Metals  (Read 33419 times)

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
Re: Natural Methods for Cleansing/Chelating Heavy Metals
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2008, 05:07:31 AM »
My favorite product for heavy metal cleansing is intestinal formula #2 by Dr. Schulze. You can go to www.herbdoc.com to buy it. These are the ingredients:
  Flax seed, Linum usitatissimum, Apple Fruit Pectin, Malus communis, Pharmaceutical Grade Bentonite Clay, Psyllium seed and husk, Plantago psyllium, Slippery Elm inner bark, Ulmus fulva, Marshmallow root, Althaea officinalis, Peppermint leaf, Mentha piperita and Activated Willow Charcoal, Salix alba

I have done the 5 day bowel cleanse twice and use several of Dr. Schulze products. They are all amazing.

hey Rikki, i was just reading through your list and noticed that  the highlighted stuff has been removed, do you know if that last one is the scientific name for Cayenne?  i believe that was added.  have you noticed any changes in how well the product works?  just curious.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline Rikki

• Adept
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2008, 06:26:17 AM »
My favorite product for heavy metal cleansing is intestinal formula #2 by Dr. Schulze. You can go to www.herbdoc.com to buy it. These are the ingredients:
  Flax seed, Linum usitatissimum, Apple Fruit Pectin, Malus communis, Pharmaceutical Grade Bentonite Clay, Psyllium seed and husk, Plantago psyllium, Slippery Elm inner bark, Ulmus fulva, Marshmallow root, Althaea officinalis, Peppermint leaf, Mentha piperita and Activated Willow Charcoal, Salix alba

I have done the 5 day bowel cleanse twice and use several of Dr. Schulze products. They are all amazing.

hey Rikki, i was just reading through your list and noticed that  the highlighted stuff has been removed, do you know if that last one is the scientific name for Cayenne?  i believe that was added.  have you noticed any changes in how well the product works?  just curious.

Everything in bold is the scientific name for whatever is listed before it. I must have cut and pasted wrong, because the cayenne has always been an ingredient! Oooops!

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2008, 10:42:13 AM »

Everything in bold is the scientific name for whatever is listed before it. I must have cut and pasted wrong, because the cayenne has always been an ingredient! Oooops!

OH!  okie dokie!  thanks for the info!  i guess they decided not to list that on the label any more.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline its_me518

• Adept
  • Check out GenuineAid.com for Natural Health info.
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2008, 12:58:52 PM »
There are so many recipes for Cilantro Chelation Pesto floating around on the internet...... How did you decide which one to use?

WR
I actually only saw2 recipes, and I chose the one that looked a lot better to me. The one I do includes Brazil nuts (which are said to actually REMOVE the mercury FROM the body). It also calls for pumpkin seeds (rids of parasites), garlic (we all know its JUST GREAT for everything), Lemon juice (Vitamin C), and a few other ingredients just seem to be really healthy. So thats how I chose mine. If anyone ones, I can post it.
http://www.GenuineAid.com is the Natural Health Blog for Nutrients and Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Berries, Nuts, Meats, Dairy, Herbs, and other Foods.

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2008, 02:09:17 PM »
There are so many recipes for Cilantro Chelation Pesto floating around on the internet...... How did you decide which one to use?

WR
I actually only saw2 recipes, and I chose the one that looked a lot better to me. The one I do includes Brazil nuts (which are said to actually REMOVE the mercury FROM the body). It also calls for pumpkin seeds (rids of parasites), garlic (we all know its JUST GREAT for everything), Lemon juice (Vitamin C), and a few other ingredients just seem to be really healthy. So thats how I chose mine. If anyone ones, I can post it.

Please do.  :)
WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline its_me518

• Adept
  • Check out GenuineAid.com for Natural Health info.
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2008, 05:57:25 PM »
Ok  ;D

Cilantro Chelation Pesto

2 cups packed Cilantro
2/3 cup Flaxseed oil
5 cloves Garlic
1/3 cup Brazil Nuts
1/3 cup Sunflower Seeds
1/3 cup Pumpkin Seeds
2 tsp Dulse Powder
4 tablespoons Lemon juice
½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
Sea Salt to taste

Process the cilantro and flaxseed oil in a food processor until the cilantro is chopped. Add everything else and mix until the mixture is finely blended into a paste. Store in glass jars.

~Cilantro has been proven to chelate toxic metals from our bodies in a relatively short period of time. Combined with the benefits of the other ingredients, this recipe is a powerful tissue cleanser.

~Two teaspoons of this pesto daily for three weeks is enough to increase the urinary excretion of mercury, lead, and aluminum, thus effectively removing these toxic metals from our bodies. We can consider doing this cleanse for three weeks at least once a year.

This recipe is really simple to make. And it tastes delicious. And its SOO good for us!! Enjoy it!!

http://www.GenuineAid.com is the Natural Health Blog for Nutrients and Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Berries, Nuts, Meats, Dairy, Herbs, and other Foods.

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2008, 01:42:40 PM »
Thanks!

WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline GarlicMom

• Adept
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2008, 12:09:38 PM »
Natures Sunshine offers a heavy metal detox formula that has cilantro as its main ingredient.  You can get it from me at www.mynsp.com/jeniferharrod its a great product!
And be not weary in well doing for in due season ye shall reap if you faint not. Gal.6:9

Offline khix

• Master
  • Forever changed, forever Yours!
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2008, 03:23:18 AM »
I'm thinking that this article from Mercola would fit here?

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/12/04/how-sunshine-and-vitamin-d-can-help-you-eliminate-mercury.aspx

Accumulating data have provided evidence that vitamin D is involved in brain function. Vitamin D can inhibit the synthesis of inducible nitric oxide synthase and increase glutathione levels, suggesting a role for the hormone in brain detoxification.

The study shows that vitamin D helps remove mercury from your body safely by radically increasing the amount of intracellular glutathione.

Neuroprotective and immunomodulatory effects of this hormone have also been described in several experimental models, indicating the potential value of vitamin D in helping neurodegenerative and neuroimmune diseases. In addition, vitamin D induces glioma cell death, making the hormone of potential interest in the management of brain tumors.

These results reveal previously unsuspected roles for vitamin D in brain function and suggest possible areas of future research.
Sources:
Trends in Endocrinology and Metabolism April 2002,Volume 13, Issue 3, 1, Pages 100-105

Dr. Mercola's Comments: 
The mounting scientific discoveries about the tremendous health impact of vitamin D are nothing short of a revolution within the field of medicine. It’s turning out to be so vital for so many of your biological functions that a future revision of the official guidelines on sun exposure is virtually guaranteed. It’s only a matter of time.

But there’s no reason for you to sit around and wait. The evidence is already overwhelming; you absolutely need a certain amount of unprotected, full-body sun exposure if you want to be optimally healthy.

Every week, more research is being published about the health benefits of vitamin D. For example, it’s already been found that vitamin D can prevent or treat:

Infections and inflammation
16 types of cancer
Depression and neurological disorders
Cold and flu
Diabetes
Osteoporosis
Tuberculosis 
And that’s the short-short list. 

This latest paper published in Trends in Endocrinology and Metabolism describes how scientists are now beginning to realize vitamin D is involved in maintaining the health of your brain as well, as they’ve recently discovered vitamin D receptors in the brain, spinal cord, and central nervous system. 

There’s even evidence indicating vitamin D improves your brain’s detoxification process.

Vitamin D helps remove mercury from your body safely by radically increasing the amount of intracellular glutathione.

For those of you who are beginning to wonder whether the multitude of vitamin D discoveries amount to nothing but hype, or perhaps even some sort of scientific error, let me explain how it can be that vitamin D is involved in so many different health aspects. Because if you understand the basic science of vitamin D, then you can understand its true potential.

How Can Vitamin D Be So Influential?

As Dr. Cannell, founder of the Vitamin D Council, explains so well in my upcoming Inner Circle interview with him; if you understand that vitamin D is not a vitamin, but rather the only known substrate for a powerful repair and maintenance steroid hormone that is involved in numerous functions of your body and organs, then you can begin to see the bigger picture. 

Additionally, if you understand that, like all steroid hormones, it regulates your body by turning your genes on or off, and that you have about 2,000 genes that are directly influenced by vitamin D, then you will be able to wrap your mind around the fact that vitamin D may in fact have as many as 2,000 or more mechanisms of action within your body!

This is the fundamental principle that explains why the same substance, vitamin D, can be involved in, and have a major impact on all the diseases of civilization. It all depends on which gene is being up- or down-regulated by the presence, or absence, of vitamin D.

Why the Current Guidelines on Sun Exposure are Catastrophic to Your Health

It has been clearly established that the only way for your body to synthesize vitamin D is in your skin once it’s exposed to ultraviolet rays from the sun. Hence, the current guidelines to avoid sun exposure, and the fervent pushing of sunscreen, are perhaps some of the most misguided and dangerous health recommendations out there.

You simply cannot obtain sufficient amounts of vitamin D from your diet, as you were never designed to swallow vitamin D but get it from the sun.  This would, of course exclude taking a vitamin D supplement, for which the government recommended daily allowance (RDA) is still FAR too low to offer any significant health benefits or contribute to disease reduction.

Consider this; In the summertime, when you put on your bathing suit and sunbathe for 30 minutes, your body produces about 20,000 IUs of vitamin D; as much as exists in 200 glasses of milk, or the equivalent of about 50 multivitamins!

Meanwhile, the current RDA for vitamin D, developed by the Food and Nutrition Board at the Institute of Medicine of The National Academies, is miserably insufficient as it is only:

200 IU for people aged 14-50
400 IU for people aged 51-70
600 IU for people over 71
Folks, there’s simply no way to reap any benefit whatsoever from these abysmally low amounts.

Lately, I’ve reported extensively on the subject of vitamin D and its health ramifications. If you’ve missed any of my previous articles outlining:

safe tanning practices
how much sun exposure you really need
the truth about sunshine exposure and melanoma
why you should NOT use commercial sunscreens
why sun exposure is far preferable to oral vitamin D supplements
which type of vitamin D to chose if you decide to take a supplement
how much vitamin D you should really take to reap the benefits, and
vital information you need to know about getting your vitamin D levels tested
 then please take a moment to review them now.

You can also check out my Vitamin D Resource Page, which offers links to the most important pages, and sources for even more information on this life saver.

Save $5 on your first order at www.iHerb.com!  Use referral code HIC104.

www.campaignforliberty.com

Offline AllinHisTime

• Adept
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2009, 08:21:02 PM »
OK, ladies! All this talk about lead in dishes has given me the creeps!! My DH has already tested high in Heavy Metals in the past, and we've done our best to combat them. NOW, I find myself searching again for superior chelating products. We are waiting a Dr. Schulze order (Intestinal Formula #2), but I was doing some researching today and came across EDTA.

Apparently, it is an amino acid that was first given in the 1950's with amazing results. People started reporting feeling better overall, with less angina and better circulation. Supposedly, it has amazing abilities to chelate heavy metals right out of the body, and many disease symptoms disappear with the metals (arthritis, heart disease, Alzheimers...). It's also supposed to clear plaque right out of artieries, and make them 'young' again.

This is pretty amazing to me. Anybody else have any info on it? I'm a little skeptical.....

I have also heard good things about EDTA and unclogging arteries and helping with Alzheimers.  My dad just suffered a heart attack....Right coronary 100% blocked (angioplasty done and stints put in) and then after the procedure found out that his left artery is 50% blocked!  I have been looking for ways to unblock it so the risk for another heart attack is way lower. 

Anyone else hear anything else on this? tried it? any updates? Thanks!
A truth's initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed...When a well packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.-- Dresden James

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2009, 02:57:31 AM »
OK, ladies! All this talk about lead in dishes has given me the creeps!! My DH has already tested high in Heavy Metals in the past, and we've done our best to combat them. NOW, I find myself searching again for superior chelating products. We are waiting a Dr. Schulze order (Intestinal Formula #2), but I was doing some researching today and came across EDTA.

Apparently, it is an amino acid that was first given in the 1950's with amazing results. People started reporting feeling better overall, with less angina and better circulation. Supposedly, it has amazing abilities to chelate heavy metals right out of the body, and many disease symptoms disappear with the metals (arthritis, heart disease, Alzheimers...). It's also supposed to clear plaque right out of artieries, and make them 'young' again.

This is pretty amazing to me. Anybody else have any info on it? I'm a little skeptical.....

I have also heard good things about EDTA and unclogging arteries and helping with Alzheimers.  My dad just suffered a heart attack....Right coronary 100% blocked (angioplasty done and stints put in) and then after the procedure found out that his left artery is 50% blocked!  I have been looking for ways to unblock it so the risk for another heart attack is way lower. 

I was taking the EDTA for awhile, but my lower back/sacral area just started aching so badly. I am guessing it was pulling minerals right out of my bones, especially that area, b/c that is what it is known to do. Pulls out the good along with the bad. That is why you'll see a strong suggestion with EDTA to take a good vit/min supplement at a separate time of the day while on the EDTA.

I quit taking EDTA and beefed up my mineral content in my diet, and my back has been much better. Hmmmm, maybe I am only going to do this in the summer when our garden is in full giving mode, and I can supplement with higher quality food plus vit/min supplements. Around here this time of year, the food is just out of season, awful. Organic simply isn't in the budget, but we do what we can.  :-\

Can I recommend a good book for you? You and your dad need to read 'Left for Dead.' It's available at the BHS, and speaks about cayenne and its amazing affects on the circulatory system. I have it and if you cannot afford it, I would be happy to loan it to you for a time. PM me.
"No one stands as tall as a Christian on his knees."
Get $5 off your first iHerb.com order: Code ISA141

Offline AllinHisTime

• Adept
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2009, 06:39:36 PM »

I was taking the EDTA for awhile, but my lower back/sacral area just started aching so badly. I am guessing it was pulling minerals right out of my bones, especially that area, b/c that is what it is known to do. Pulls out the good along with the bad. That is why you'll see a strong suggestion with EDTA to take a good vit/min supplement at a separate time of the day while on the EDTA.

I quit taking EDTA and beefed up my mineral content in my diet, and my back has been much better. Hmmmm, maybe I am only going to do this in the summer when our garden is in full giving mode, and I can supplement with higher quality food plus vit/min supplements. Around here this time of year, the food is just out of season, awful. Organic simply isn't in the budget, but we do what we can.  :-\

Can I recommend a good book for you? You and your dad need to read 'Left for Dead.' It's available at the BHS, and speaks about cayenne and its amazing affects on the circulatory system. I have it and if you cannot afford it, I would be happy to loan it to you for a time. PM me.

Thank you for such a kind offer, the book resource and the info on EDTA.  Not sure if EDTA would be the answer for my Dad because his eating and knowledge of the American diet is not quite where it should be prior to something as big as chelating.  However, in time, I pray he'll be well on his way.  I will take a look at the budget and let you know.  Another book on my wish list is "Health Myths Exposed" by Shane Ellison (www.thepeopleschemist.com) and his other book "Hidden Dangers of High Cholesterol Drugs".  Shane is an invaluable resource.  He is a molecular chemist who used to work for a drug company. 
A truth's initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed...When a well packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.-- Dresden James

Offline paradisemamma

• Adept
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2009, 04:37:29 PM »
Should cilantro pesto be avoided while pregnant or nursing? ???  What are natural binders for mercury? Is Aloe vera gel caps a good binder for nursing and/or pregnant mamma's? If so, what are reccomended doses?

Offline paradisemamma

• Adept
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2009, 04:26:32 AM »
Ok  ;D

Cilantro Chelation Pesto

2 cups packed Cilantro
2/3 cup Flaxseed oil
5 cloves Garlic
1/3 cup Brazil Nuts
1/3 cup Sunflower Seeds
1/3 cup Pumpkin Seeds
2 tsp Dulse Powder
4 tablespoons Lemon juice
½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
Sea Salt to taste

Process the cilantro and flaxseed oil in a food processor until the cilantro is chopped. Add everything else and mix until the mixture is finely blended into a paste. Store in glass jars.

~Cilantro has been proven to chelate toxic metals from our bodies in a relatively short period of time. Combined with the benefits of the other ingredients, this recipe is a powerful tissue cleanser.

~Two teaspoons of this pesto daily for three weeks is enough to increase the urinary excretion of mercury, lead, and aluminum, thus effectively removing these toxic metals from our bodies. We can consider doing this cleanse for three weeks at least once a year.

This recipe is really simple to make. And it tastes delicious. And its SOO good for us!! Enjoy it!!

Hi. I was wondering which items in this recipe are the binders and which items are the carriers?  I have the cilantro and would like to try this. Also, is aloe vera a binder or carrier of the mercury out of the body? Or neither? Thanks.

Offline amy

• Adept
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2009, 12:57:07 PM »
Should cilantro pesto be avoided while pregnant or nursing? ???  What are natural binders for mercury? Is Aloe vera gel caps a good binder for nursing and/or pregnant mamma's? If so, what are reccomended doses?

Bump....
I too would like to know the answer to these questions :)

Offline AllinHisTime

• Adept
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2009, 01:21:12 PM »
I have always been advised against any detoxing while pregnant or nursing.  Our b-milk is dumping grounds for toxins, so baby will get it.  I am not sure what the natural binders are.  Aloe Vera has been known to decrease milk supply, so I would avoid it while nursing.  The safest detox you can do while nursing or preggo is the water cure.  if you search it here, you will find it :) HTH!

Bump....
I too would like to know the answer to these questions :)

Offline bboytim

• Learning
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2009, 12:46:53 PM »
I have been wondering about this - using the Bulk Herb Store Detox+ because it binds the heavy metals instead of flushing them into the bloodstream - would this not be safe during nursing?? Is there anything else in the Detox+ that should not be used during nursing??

Offline lotsagirls

• Adept
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2009, 01:07:27 PM »
I have been wondering about this - using the Bulk Herb Store Detox+ because it binds the heavy metals instead of flushing them into the bloodstream - would this not be safe during nursing?? Is there anything else in the Detox+ that should not be used during nursing??

Shoshanna says on the website not to use while pregnant or nursing.
Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.  Psalm 127:3

Offline bboytim

• Learning
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2009, 03:12:40 PM »
yes - I wrote and asked about that and they said it was only because the herbs in it had not been "tested" for nursing...... I was just thinking though that if none of the herbs were actually contraindicated for nursing - wouldn't binding the toxins be better than releasing them into the bloodstream for a nursing baby??

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2009, 05:34:51 PM »
if ya'll are talking about the one that has bennonite clay, i would tend to agree that it would be better to bind or soak up the toxins, then excrete them.  i have the similar one from Dr. Schulze and i did it before i knew i was pregnant.  he says that cleanse can be used during pregnancy and nursing.  i am not sure if the other ingredients compare in the one from BHS, but it sounds similar.

https://web0.herbdoc.com/index.php?option=com_oscommerce&osMod=product_info&Itemid=42&products_id=12&osCsid=0cac95ee198cbba3e11dca26a56c56e

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline amandas5boys

• Adept
  • We are in the Lords Army. Yes Sir!
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2010, 09:27:53 PM »
You know this reminds me of what we have learned to do for our goats. When it has rained a lot the weeds that are toxic are even more toxic. One such weed will kill the goats if they eat it as it has too much nickle. We give them extra dolomite (a sedimentary carbonate rock and a mineral, both composed of calcium magnesium carbonate CaMg(CO3)2 found in crystals) and seaweed to stop them from getting sick.

I wonder if it would take out the extra mercury as well.

I really like the idea of cilantro. It is one of my favorites. We use it a lot. Glad to know that it does something so good.

Offline AGF

• Learning
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2011, 07:46:05 PM »
Hi, I would like to try taking the bensonite clay, but I'm not sure where to buy it and how much I need. I am RH negative and had to get the RhoGam shot after the miscarriage. At the time I had no idea the shot may contain mercury!!! So before I try to conceive again, I'm trying to get rid of the posdible mercury. I live in Vancouver Canada...any ideas where I can buy it? Also, are infra red saunas good for detox? Thanks :)

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2011, 01:52:07 PM »
You can get Bentonite Clay at Bulk Herb Store:  http://www.bulkherbstore.com/Bentonite-Clay-Powder.
The nice thing about Bentonite Clay is it is safe to use while pregnant- which is always a possibility with me, so I am just more at ease knowing that even if I'm not trying to conceive  :) I just ordered a pound from there but you can also get it in a 1/2 lb. The amount you get just depends on how long you want to take it. There are instructions on the website about how to do it and it is very nicely priced  :)

Offline AGF

• Learning
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2011, 03:15:43 PM »
Thanks, that's very helpful. :) I'm not even sure that my RhoGam shot had mercury, but I'm just trying to be on the safe side. Do you know how long you should wait until trying to conceive again? And how long do you need to take the clay to get mercury out of your system?

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2011, 08:25:16 AM »
I don't know how long you need to take it, I think it's just up to whatever you think is best for you. Two weeks is probably a good length of time.
As far as trying to conceive, it really depends on how far along you were when you miscarried and what you feel your body can handle and is ready for. I've had two miscarriages and my experience has been that it takes me about 3-4 cycles before my body is ready to conceive again. My midwife also says it's good to have at least 3 cycles after a miscarriage, but I've also read that some women are most fertile and can conceive right away after a miscarriage. So I think you just need to use wisdom and discernment in that area  :)
This thread might be helpful: http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,2844.630.html
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 01:38:55 PM by ColoradoDove »