Author Topic: Looking for a good place to buy Heirloom seeds  (Read 17249 times)

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
Re: Looking for a good place to buy Heirloom seeds
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2010, 11:19:01 AM »
I'm looking for a place to buy seeds as well. Is Horizon Herbs good to buy from? They seem to have a wide selection. Baker Creek didn't have what I want and neither did Seeds of Change.  Thanks...
Are you looking for vegetable or herb seeds?  It might help to know what you are looking for.

Offline Jordan

• Learning
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2010, 02:50:31 PM »
I'm looking for a place to buy seeds as well. Is Horizon Herbs good to buy from? They seem to have a wide selection. Baker Creek didn't have what I want and neither did Seeds of Change.  Thanks...
Are you looking for vegetable or herb seeds?  It might help to know what you are looking for.
Thanks for the reply! I'm looking for herb seeds, especially medicinal herbs. I just want to make sure they are reliable and not like heirloom acres  :-\
thx...
Trust in the Lord!
~Proverbs 3:5-6~

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2010, 03:51:32 AM »
Thanks for the reply! I'm looking for herb seeds, especially medicinal herbs. I just want to make sure they are reliable and not like heirloom acres  :-\
thx...
I've not ordered from this guy, but I've heard some good things about him.  He has a pretty good inventory with alot of different options.  Hope you find what you're looking for!  http://www.sandmountainherbs.com/index.html

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2010, 04:11:18 AM »
Also... consider placing a request on the buy/sell/trade thread of what you are looking for.  Many times other WTMers may have some to share.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2010, 07:10:26 AM »

Baker Creek is usually out of their popular seeds by mid-summer. They have a wonderful supply starting in Jan/February through May! Plan ahead for next year! I love getting their catalog in January and drooling over the possibilities for the upcoming season!

Offline Jordan

• Learning
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2010, 11:10:51 AM »
healthyinOhio,
I've already put in for Baker Creeks 2011 catalog, so I am looking forward to that... I will probably end up ordering from them...  At least if they have what I want.  I wish spring would hurry up and get here so I can get my garden started! Thanks again for all the help!

Oh, and thank you, Mrs. B, for your opinion and help as well!

I'm SO excited!! :)

Jordan
Trust in the Lord!
~Proverbs 3:5-6~